|| Veḷir Pēy ||

Deviced

くたばれ

S p e c i e s 

வெளிர் பேய்

N a m e || Veḷir Pēy "Slime Demon"

A p p e a r a n c e || Although most Slime Demons are seen in the form similar to that of a human, they can also contort their slimy and workable bodies into blobs, puddles, and even distinct shapes. The material in which the Demons are actually made of is something that is high in nutritious value for many creatures in the dungeon, and quite tasty too. When the Demon is initially hatched, it's body is rather firm and squishy, able to take on more solid shapes and even run on two legs. However, with age, the demon will begin to droop more, and they can even lose their ability to form appendages entirely.

With a Slime Demon, it should be noted that while they seem quite easy to get hold of, more often than not they could kill you. With their ability to manipulate their bodies into distinct shapes also comes being able to harden sharp spikes that can be formed from an arm or fingers. This ability, while effective an dangerous, can also be cultivated as a weapon, if severed from the rest of the body, and the host is killed quickly afterward. 

All Slime Demons have a spinal cord, and while it can bend with the body, if removed or snapped in half, the Demon will go inert and take form a blob, where they are incredibly susceptible to attacks and can only regenerate a crude form of a crutch to keep themselves up similarly, bit not as effectively as if they were to have a spine.  

It should also be noted that the Demon's slime is only of value if the host is still alive-- meaning, if one is eaten after it is killed, they're basically just a puddle of mush with no real importance. The life source of a Slime Demon comes from a small gem placed within the gelatinous body, so once this is crushed or broken, the Demon will die. The average lifespan of a Demon has not yet been determined, but they are rumored to be able to live for hundreds of years. This theory is up for speculation.

An example of what A Slime Demon could look like.

1513c088cb5be07acc4b31b98ceb62b7.jpg

H a b i t a t || Slime Demons are quite happy to live anywhere, as they are wandering creatures to begin with. They can survive underwater, in caves, in trees-- although they are a rarity, it is quite possible to find them in any part of the dungeon.

D e s c r i p t i o n || As previously mentioned, Slime Demons are lone wolf wanderers that easily adapt to their surroundings, no matter the conditions. Most are not threatening until they are threatened themselves, but even then, they will opt to slink away before using their offensive ability on anyone. They are pretty much immune to physical attacks from swords, arrows, punches, etc., since said attacks would easily pass through them (unless they affect the 'Life Gem' in some way, which is very difficult). They 'eat' small insects, mosses and plants that attach to their slimy bodies by dissolving them into their skin,  which provides enough nutrients so that they do not need sunlight. Slime Demons do not need air, so tight spaces and water are easily made habitats for them. Their bodies are constantly creating new layers of jelly to make up for stray/dying pieces, so it is perfectly easy for kind Demons to offer bits and pieces of their body to willing/needy companions. However, the mischievous and tricky nature of most demons ensures that it is a rarity for this to happen, although not unheard of.

The reproduction of Slime Demon's a strange process, one in which the host or 'mother' is of age and decides to lay eggs. A Demon can decide at birth what sex they become, but the decision can also wait until mating season, or they can change to the preferred sex whenever they'd like. You will find that most Slime Demons have a female reproductive system, but there are male and androgynous types as well. As it is with most other living things, the eggs must be fertilized with a mate. Around one or two eggs are laid per host, but it's more common for neither of the young to survive, which is why the population is so scarce. 

S t r e n g t h s || ~Immune to physical attacks (arrows, swords, punches, bites)

~Can create sharp protrusions from their bodies to act as a weapon

~Can mold themselves into shapes, puddles, etc.

~Constantly regenerating

W e a k n e s s e s || ~Are highly valued/sought after

~Greatly affected by poisons

~Their spinal chord can be easily removed if they are properly caught off guard, causing them to remain paralyzed 

until they know how properly function in the form of a blob

~Lose their shaping and movement abilities as they grow older

~Can be splattered and killed (ex. dropped off of a cliff, getting their Life Gem crushed)

~Are immobile once their spinal chords are removed broken, which is the best time to eat one

C h a r a c t e r

ஜெல்லி

slime_by_mystcloud-d5tp6i5.jpg

N a m e || Jelli

G r o w t h  S t a g e || Youngling

A p p e a r a n c e || Jelli is very similar to other Slime Demons, other than the fact that she is bluish purple, rather than reddish orange or green. A strange pigmentation issue when she was hatched, perhaps. Since she is quite new, Jelli can form squishy legs to run freely on, along with arms and small fingers. She's done well to also create a gooey little face of her own.

D e s c r i p t i o n || Jelli is quite different from her fellow Demons in that she is very curious and energetic, and hates being in one place for too long. She is still quite unaware of how valuable she is to other hungry monsters in the dungeon, but she'll figure that out in time. Jelli is also incredibly emotionally unstable; coupled with her strong offensive capabilities, she can literally turn into a ball of pulsating spikes when in the midst of a meltdown. 

S t r e n g t h || Although most of the demons don't bother with speaking/communicating altogether, Jelli finds it rather entertaining to create chirruping/tweeting noises when she's been wandering for some time. Although it's not necessarily a strength, it's one of Jelli's favorite pastimes.

W e a k n e s s || A weakness that is solely a battle for Jelli is her emotional temperament. She is easily saddened/angered, and when she is triggered into such an emotional extreme, her body manipulation abilities go a bit haywire. To elaborate, her spikes and protrusions seem to have a mind of their own, forming and surging all over her body in a ball of fatal spikes. 

H i s t o r y || Jelli was an Elven boy in her life on the surface. Nothing very fancy or special, since it was so short-lived, but fun nonetheless. Perhaps there's a little more to this story, but the details get lost in translation. 

29ca938b0cf4ee910a5d335f151e3c96.jpg

I couldn't find a proper place to put these guys, so here they are:

Stereotypical & Supertastic 

c:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww this is cute (and scary at the same time)

So is it a demon in the form of a slime, or a slime variant named demon because it's taking more humanoid shape? Either way it's a good concept.

One question: " only of value if the host is still alive " -> which part of the slime is the host? The spinal cord? Or a gem or stone in the gelatinous forma that is the true body of the slime?

Anyway I can see potential for this. Accepted

Aww this is cute (and scary at the same time)

So is it a demon in the form of a slime, or a slime variant named demon because it's taking more humanoid shape? Either way it's a good concept.

One question: " only of value if the host is still alive " -> which part of the slime is the host? The spinal cord? Or a gem or stone in the gelatinous forma that is the true body of the slime?

Anyway I can see potential for this. Accepted

Honestly the 'demon' part came just because I felt like I needed to add something to the 'slime' part, but whatever works! cx

I guess I should have elaborated on that one a little bit more-- I'll add a few more details to the post. 

After regrouping my thoughts a bit, I was thinking that the spinal cord could perhaps act more of a crutch than anything else for a Demon...? Since their regeneration abilities are so good, let's say that if something were to steal/break their spinal cord for whatever reason, they could generate a new one in time, but they would essentially be paralyzed until then? However, they would need a sort of life source, so perhaps a gem would be essential for that part, and the reason that they die upon large impact. I can certainly edit accordingly if that makes any sort of sense ^^; whaddya think? :v

Oh, you, I thought the demon part signifies something. Oh well it's okay, it's a good name  :D

That would be good. The slime that I know tend to have something like a "core" that is their real body, with the gelatin formed to protect it and provides movement. This species' spinal cord perhaps functioned more as the part which allow you to make more distinct shape? Slime without spinal cord can only be a blob, or assume a shape momentarily before the fluid got dragged down by gravity, but with spine like yours, they can permanently fixed themselves in whatever shape they want, as long as the spinal cord remained intact.

As a weakness, maybe the spinal cord removal itself isn't fatal, but it just removed the species' ability to assume a concrete form other than a blob. And because they're used to a concrete form, the removal of that ability would give temporary paralysis (due to them not knowing how to move properly) before they can regroup their thoughts and make do with blob-like form.

How about this?

Oh, you, I thought the demon part signifies something. Oh well it's okay, it's a good name  :D

That would be good. The slime that I know tend to have something like a "core" that is their real body, with the gelatin formed to protect it and provides movement. This species' spinal cord perhaps functioned more as the part which allow you to make more distinct shape? Slime without spinal cord can only be a blob, or assume a shape momentarily before the fluid got dragged down by gravity, but with spine like yours, they can permanently fixed themselves in whatever shape they want, as long as the spinal cord remained intact.

As a weakness, maybe the spinal cord removal itself isn't fatal, but it just removed the species' ability to assume a concrete form other than a blob. And because they're used to a concrete form, the removal of that ability would give temporary paralysis (due to them not knowing how to move properly) before they can regroup their thoughts and make do with blob-like form.

How about this?

That sounds perfect, I like your thinkin'! I'll edit it right away c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back