Story Various plots for Violet Roses

Senor_Fluffy

What happens when you don't clean your hair brush
Aaron and Erin: The Spotted Kid

As the two friends approached the camp, the galled shouts of men and women echoed from the repurposed metal shipping containers which had been made into mobile homes for those within the establishment.

An apprehensive glance exchanged between the two as they slowly made their way around the circle of containers. Looking into the center of crates where a group of people circled like vultures around a teenage boy. He wore only shorts, leaving the rest of his tanned skin visible to the biting air around him. He was unconscious as two soldiers made their way through the crowd to inspect the child. Erin wandered closer to get a better view of the child, pushing through the small crowd. It didn't take long for Aaron to latch his digits onto her backpack and follow behind her. Silence falling over the group in a hush as a soldier picked up the young man by the elbow, flipping him over onto his back. Harsh brown splotches decorated his chest and face, outcries disturbed the peace at the sight. A Baiulus.

"How'd he get in?" Barked the soldier as he looked over the beaten boy.

"I caught him trying to steal from the food bin!" A woman with aged features hissed in disgust. Her digit pointing over at the shed which contained the camp's food, the soil outside of it seeming to have been shoveled. A boulder on top of a broken table with several individuals seeming to be recovering from a fight near by. This was a strong Baiulus despite his developing markings.

"Why would he be here?' Erin asked with a perturbed tone. The group now noticing the two children amongst them. Erin squatted down to get a better look at the spotted Baiulus.

"Probably a rebellious scout." The soldier answered before picking the intruder up by the neck. The young Baiulus coming to and opening his eyes in confusion. A soft gasp escaping those who watched on as the earth beneath the soldier and boy seemed to split and incase the soldier. Crushing the soldier in a swift movement.

Erin fell backwards in horror and scrambled against the dirt, helped up by Aaron as they scurried to safety. Several gunshots echoed as remaining soldiers came to the scene and shot the boy dead before he could do further damage.

Knelt down between two of the metal homes, Aaron punched Erin in the shoulder. "Why in the world did you get so close! You could have been the one grabbed and crushed!" He breathed through desperate gulps, clearly disturbed by what he had witnessed.

"He looked so... Human. Like one of us! Even with his spots. Aren't they supposed to be more, I don't know, weird?" She asked cautiously as she didn't even bother to rub her shoulder. With a wandering glance she looked at the scene. Those who had watched what had happened were now cleaning up. The Baiulus' body undoubtedly going to be displayed as a warning along their territory.

"You are so stupid. The younger ones look exactly like us. I heard some adults talking about it the other night. That's why they never take in children. Only adults with no markings." He grumbled quietly as he stood up. "Come on, mom is gonna be pissed if we don't get home right now." He pulled Erin to her feet before turning to walk to the furthest metal home. Erin close behind him, seeming to ponder his words, for once.

By the time the two reached the container the scene at the camp had calmed down. However, a thin woman with dark brown skin and black curly hair waited in front of the home with her hands on her hips. Waiting for them.

"Where in the world have you two been?! Aaron you'll be blessed if I let you eat tonight!" She bellowed before slapping Aaron upside the head with a merciless palm. Erin and Aaron instantly looked down and seemed to try to make themselves smaller although it was not physically possible. Tears welled up in their eyes. "Erin you best go run back to your papa, I am not dealing with him for you again! Best be ashamed of yourselves for giving me more grey hair!" Aaron's mother barked before Erin gave Aaron a sorry look and ran off towards her home to receive her own punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back