• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vanguards

Alois Jäger
(sorry that it's so short)

Alois smiled broadly as the girl made a quite dramatic entrance as she left the shadows. He offered her a lively wave but he had a small pout on his lips "I appreciate the compliment but you don't sound like you really care for my kind. I swear it's not like the movies, we don't just swoop down and suck blood. Although, there was one of my aunts that was pretty dramatic and wore a cape all the time but I guess that she's an exception..." He shook his head as he realized that he had gotten completely off topic and offered the bowl of grapes in her direction. "Come on out and introduce yourself. I'm Alois and the pretty white haired lady is Ryan."

TPBx TPBx Quietpersona Quietpersona

EWALD REINER KLEIST

The door opened almost immediately after he stopped speaking, a visibly weary Mason standing on the other side, surrounded by pillows and sheets thrown hectically on the ground. It seemed as though the youth had dropped everything in a rush to let him in, and once again Reiner felt a twinge of exasperation, especially at the low cautious tone. No matter what he did, Mason looked to the vampire as a senior, a figure of authority not unlike an older relative. There was a level of mutual trust between them, but no camaraderie. Not on the level Reiner had with Ray, in any case. Reiner was content to let things develop over time. His patience was long, however, time might not be something they had on their side. A year or two passes in a blink of an eye, and the pureblood was determined to have Mason looking to him as a partner by then.

Instead of replying immediately, he turned to close the door. Setting Ansgar against the wall corner to his right, he was careful to ensure it didn’t dig into the surface. A glance around the room revealed that he didn’t exactly catch Mason at a good time. From the slight chaos, the youth was in the middle of organising his belongings when he came in. Stooping to pluck the closest pillow before his feet, Reiner gave it a quick pat to dust it off before walking over to the bed and tossing it down. Since he was here anyway, he might as well land a hand. Judging from the various piles on the floor, there was still quite a bit to organise, and curfew was about an hour away. It also gave Mason something to focus on besides the vampire’s presence and the subject to be discussed.

Picking two folded bedsheets up and flicking them for good measure, Reiner cocked an eyebrow at Mason. “You are right, we – you – are here at Brynswerth for physical and mental training. Of course, you’ll have to learn about the Rot, vampires, other arcane arts and so on. However, most of your time here will revolve around training.” One bedsheet was placed on the coverless bed and the other into the lone wardrobe. Next to be tossed on the bed was the comforter.

Hands occupied, Reiner went on. “I’m sure your first lesson with Professors Kilton and Lana is fresh in your mind. You have seen with your own eyes how the Blood Link works, how much stronger it makes each half of the unit. Obviously, as new students, you will not attempt a Blood Link until both sides are comfortable with it. Nonetheless, you and a couple within Foxtrot are a slight exception in that you have experienced partners. Ones who have gone to the frontlines, had a partner before, the lot. As such, you will unfortunately not have the luxury of having things easier. Your free time would be considerably lesser, your training time, more.”

Bed organised, Reiner retreated to the corner where his spear rested, folding his arms and watching Mason move about the room. “You will have private lessons with me either after classes or before. For now, I’ve decided to go with two private sessions per week, taking into account your schedule. On which days it will be held is up for discussion, but most likely, it will be days when your physical training sessions with the professors are less intense. Your mana requires time to replenish and your body to heal, after all.”

He paused, tilting his head in thought for a second or two. “This week…I reckon any day this week would work, what do you think?”

Cadis.Etrama.Di.Raizel.full.2077546.jpg

Blood Level: 475/475

Frenzy: 0/8

Interactions: Mason Compass Compass

Mentions: N/A

LEE HYO-RIN

Whatever expectations she had for the Academy classes, the first day simply blew it all out of the water. However, the highlight of the day had to be the Kiltons’ session. It was…she couldn’t exactly find the right words to describe it. Electrifying didn’t really give credit to the intensity of the demonstration. Cruel? Not quite. The students could have died, but the professors were too professional to use unnecessary death as a means of teaching. At least she hoped not, even though the glint in the wife’s eyes had been terrifying. Rin was just glad she hadn’t been picked for the demonstration, for she didn’t have the foresight to bring her weapons with her to the first class. Another lesson learned. The power fists wouldn’t be leaving her side the moment she steps out from the dorms starting tomorrow.

With a sigh, Rin flopped eagle-spread upon her bed, dressed in a navy tank top and sweatpants. Checking her phone, she realised there was still a little more than an hour left until curfew and tired as she thought she was, her brain still refused to shut down. At this rate, she would be bored out of her mind. She needed to get rid of the excess energy by working out. Not to the point of exhaustion, but enough so she wouldn’t be staring up at the ceiling after lights out. Didn’t she see a sign for the dorm’s gym just a while ago? Yeah, that would suffice.

For such a vast school with so many students and staff residing within, the hallways were surprisingly empty. Rin honestly thought more people would be in their dorms, not outside. Relying on nothing more than her spotty memory and luck enabled her to find the small signboard again outside the dorms. Following its instruction, she took the corridor on the very lefthand side and went through several hallways before happening upon the flight of stairs leading down to the gymnasium below that was free to access by students. A movement up ahead alerted Rin to the presence of someone else. A female, she was able to identify as the figure drew closer.

“Oh, hey. You’re a Foxtrot member too, right? I think I remember your face.” Rin greeted as soon as the female came within earshot. The face was indeed one she saw during her multiple scans of her classmates but for the life of her, she couldn’t remember the name. “I’m Rin, nice to meet you, although we did just spend an entire day together. But whatever, I ain’t complaining. You here to use the gym too? That’s great. Working out alone can be rather lonely.” She wrinkled her nose a little, still keeping up the usual blabber that serves as her typical introduction to strangers. “Urgh, ‘working out’ always gives the wrong impression, right? For my case, it’s more stretching my muscles and less weightlifting.”

sarah-palmer-square-542x542-7fc958e3029d4aae926144c0306dacf0.png

Mana Pool: 97/97

Interactions: Candice Luckz Luckz

Ryan Decker
(Its ok! Mine is pretty short too.)

This time Ryan didn't even try to stop the laugh that escaped her lips. "Your aunt wore a cape? Was it at least a really nice cape? Did she swoop on unsuspecting victims?" For some reason that thought was more entertaining than it ought to be. Once her laughter died down, she let her blue eyes roam over the vampires form with an appraising, thoughtful look. "You know, you are very handsome. You could probably pull off a cape too. But not one of those weird high collar ones." The mage shook her head to dislodge the amusing visual of Alois in a cape and turned her attention to the other girl that had joined them. "Hanako right? We somewhat met earlier." Then, because her brain had no filter to stop her, more words tumbled out of her mouth, "I definitely remember you. You wouldn't look at me and when you did, you tried to glare a hole through the side my face." The words weren't said with malice. In fact, they were void of pretty much any emotion. She was indifferent. "You were with that guy..Akihiro?"
TPBx TPBx
Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

Candice Roseden Mana 83/83

Candice had found the gymnasium and was stood there eyeing the equipment before hearing a female voice from behind her, she turned instinctively to meet the sound with her own. "Foxtrot?" Candice was probably supposed to know what this means but her mind wad too tired to focus or remember lots of things now. "That's probably because I never introduced myself, the name is Candice Roseden, nice to meet you Rin," she replied jokingly and smiled at the girl, her partially wet hair draping over her shoulders as she tucked her hands in her jumper and stood tall and confident. The militaristic child chuckled. "A stretch? I suppose before and after a work out, I do enjoy a variety of different ones though I must say," Candice liked the fact someone else enjoyed the gym, it was nice to finally have some social contact. The British girl held her hand out and stepped forward to meet Rin with a handshake and a motherly smile.

"I was planning to work out tomorrow after I've settled in, I figured this place is so huge to scout it all out now and memorise it while I have the chance," she laughed again, the Lion gesturing with her non-dominant left hand to the large gym around her.

"This place is massive,"

Han JiHyo Han JiHyo

Video Games, Chocolate, A Dorm Room And Friendship
|| Ryu Kasai ||

Yume watched the girl with nervous excitement buzzing throughout, she hadn't exactly meant to use the term friend, at least not so soon but it kinda just slipped out- she didn't have anyone she knew here after all, all her friends were still back at the village. Her mind began to wander and briefly worry at the actual emotion shown in the otherwise statue-like vampires face but the eventual sentence to come out of her moth made it all worth it, with an eager nod she smiled and opened the door, it seemed like it wasn't going to be so bad here after all, not with a friend at least.

She giggled briefly at the next part and stuck her tongue out at the female, "Of course I won't! silly~" She teased in reply, her smirk growing on her face at the slight curve of Mira's lips, yeah, this was defiantly going to be a good year.

Ann Cromwell
"..... F-female...? H-hey now...." Ann stared at the girl with what can only be described as sheer confusion. I mean sure she is slightly rattled over being scared half to death by her literally appearing out of nowhere but talking to her was unsettling. Everything about the girl was a little off. The bland expression, the way she carried herself. Hell, she was speaking like one of those automatic answering machines and not the recorded ones. Still, Ann shook that thought away and grinned at the girl.

"Yeah well unless you tell me your name, I'm just gonna call you Cheshire Cat. Nice to meet you Cheshire, I'm Ann Cromwell. Foxtrot class. Mind telling me what were you doing up there in the tree? Peeping at some people or just zoning out?" Ann cheekily inquired, slowly getting closer to the girl in order to get a better look at her. Slightly taller, small presence, lack of any emotion. Well would you look at that, its like a mirror to 10 years ago. Well, if she was less violent or loud of course.

Blood level: 146/146
Frenzy: 0/4
Cosmos Cosmos
Julia Valois
"Well this is a pleasant surprise indeed, Major. It would be rude to reject such a kind offer. But I have to admit, your sudden kindness is surprising. I had this image of you being the solitary drinking type." Julia admitted as she took a quick peek at the cost of the bottle Van just got. To say that it was expensive is an understatement. The bottle cost more then she makes in an entire semester! Still, Julia is feeling rather happy with tonight's little outing. She got to experience being driven by an actual chauffeur, experienced the Major's rumored gentleman act first hand, and she's being treated to the really high end expensive stuff too!

Julia suddenly giggled to herself as she imagined the kind of jealous glares she would have received from Katherine. The fiery mage was known for her short fuse and had a bark that matched the bite of her flames. She would probably be demanding every bit of detail while her poor partner Illya would try to calm her down. The thinblood girl was a quiet as they come and would panic when approached out of the blue. The two of them were the first people Julia met in the Academy and they quickly became fast friends, no thanks to Katherine suddenly pulling Julia aside to help out with Illya's panic attack. They've been through so much together. Good times, bad times. So why?

Why is she the only one who came back that day?

"Oh pardon, Major Ainswurth. I just recalled something funny..." Julia sighed, hoping her smile and lingering giggles would cover up a new emotion welling up. Her free hand was in the process of reaching for the bottle of pills in her pockets but she stopped herself. Only when needed like the Psyche said.
Mana: ???
shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Pervert Girl And Ellise Meet
|| Ellise Volkov ||

Ellise continued to stare at the girl blankly, watching the females ever-changing expression with simply mild curiosity, slowly she raised an eyebrow at her and her head tilted to the side in a sort of rag doll manner, flopping that way and a few strands of her silver tinted white hair falling over her face at the movement as she clutched her book to her chest tighter still, soon straightening her head but leaving the strands there, as though a toddler that needed someone else to brush them out of her face. "Female. You are…. Of the female gender…. It is…. technically correct…. there is-…. no reason…. To disagree with my statement." She replied as though the other was the weirdo in the situation.

At the girls next remark her eyebrows furrowed a little, she did not appreciate the nickname, even her mother despite her many attempts couldn't find one that the girl approved of completely, though she'd never rebut when being called them, her mother seemed to enjoy it after all. 'Cheshire' what a random reference to the book, it made sense but still, would the girl like to be called something similar? Is that why she was behaving in such a manner? ellise really didn't understand why these people acted in such a way at all, it seemed so strange to her, but then again most things did if she were to really think about it, perhaps the world was weird- but she supposed that's what made it so fun when it came to the deep of things.

At the girls second half of the statement she was once again perplexed, Peeping on someone? What on earth did she mean? they were too far from the dorm for her to see anything without enhancing her site and why the first place would she want to? Was this girl into that sort of thing? "Pervert." The word was short and simple as it came out of her mouth, the pale white haired vampire moving a few steps closer till there was only about an arms reach between them and her already unimpressed and blank expression turned even more disgusted it seemed as she took totally the wrong idea form the situation…. this girl seemed like too much work, maybe if she just gave her what she wanted she'd go away quicker.

It was then Ellise did what at the time seemed like the most obvious choice to her as she assumed it would defuse the conversation the quickest, doing what no other female would ever do within their right mind to a stranger, lift her shirt up to reveal quite plainly put her naked torso and bra for her to see. "Does this….. Please you? Miss pervert." She asked as though it were a genuine question, the girl peeked her interest and she was curious as to what sort of person she was by this point, not so much on a friendship status but more a study specimen, "Ellise Volkov." She then added briefly as an afternoon, her emotionless expression remaining throughout the whole experience.
Pervert Girl And Ellise Meet

Vanilen Ainswurth

The major smiled softly at Julia's little image of Vanilen as he poured himself a drink. "You're image of me isn't wrong Ms. Valois. I haven't had company for a drink in over 37 years. Though I don't think I've given you any cause to think I would be cruel to you after you invited me out." The vampire downed the high end liquor shot without as much as a blink. He knew damn well it was going to take him quite awhile to get any kind of intoxicated. So he had to start off strong and early.

The crimson-eyed man chuckled politely at whatever it was that his partner found so amusing. It was relaxing to hear her giggle and smile genuinely for once. Very few knew of what exactly had happened to Julia for her to have lost her partner and her friends. She was never the same no matter how hard she tried to be. But Vanilen was there that day. It was a threat big enough to warrant his mobilization. Ms. Valois wasn't the only one drowning in despair. He had lost count how many people he had to pull away from the corpses of their partners that day.

The vampire poured himself another downed it like water, attempting to shake the thought from his head. He poured Julia a drink and poured himself another. "Ms. Valois, you can drop the formalities for tonight. Just call me Vanilen or Van. It's a little strange to be called Major by my partner in a casual scene like this." Ad if to accentuate the point, Van reached up to his uniform collar and began unfastening all of the buttons down the front. He stood up and removed the military jacket, draping it over the back of his chair. He then unfastened the buttons on his uniform shirt down to the collarbone. He cracked his neck a few times and sat down with a heavy sigh.

It was then that a thought occured to Major Ainswurth, he extended his hand to his blonde partner, palm up as if expecting her to give him something. "The pills you take. Hand them over. I'm not having you drinking and taking medicine simultaneously. Besides, I dont think you'll need it tonight."
Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Gehrman Hunter
Mentions: Han JiHyo Han JiHyo

It was later in the night, but Gehrman still hadn't had anything to eat. He thought it would have been a good idea to grab a bite to eat with his new partner in crime Vreis. Well soon to be partner given what he said at the demonstration earlier that day. He wanted to make sure both combat and socially that they would be a good match together if they were going to be end up working together. Besides if anybody was going to be sinking their fangs into his neck he wanted to make sure that at the very least they were the trustworthy sort. Gehrman was confident that personality wise they could get along very well, which only left combat capabilities. He agreed with Vreis that they should demonstrate each other's fighting style in a friendly spar.

First though he would have to sort out finding an instructor to oversee the fight. They need to make sure that someone is constantly observing so that Vreis doesn't succumb to the beast, or so that Gehrman doesn't go overboard with his magic and ending up seriously harming himself or Vreis. Gehrman's stomach rumbles as he searches the halls for anyone in an instructor uniform, and the search takes the better part of thirty minutes of him aimlessly wandering down random corridors. He salutes the instructor as best he can. "Hey there boss dude. I was told that if I want to spar I need an instructor to oversee the fight. I want to test of my capabilities with my new possibly partner person, and was hoping you could be there to watch over it, thanks!" Gehrman blurted it out out rather quickly, and the instructor had a deep scowl imprinted on their face after Gehrman's lack of social skills, but they let out a sigh and agreed.

Now the hungry pyromancer went to go collect Vreis for a bite to eat. Ever since the buff boy compared feeding to a juicy steak he couldn't get a craving for a nice sirloin out of his head, so he meets Vreis at the mess hall where he promptly gets the biggest juicy steak he can get his hands on. Best part about going to a prestigious school was the equally prestigious meals that they can have every day. When he takes a big bite into the hunk of prime cut meat he splatters juices on his mouth, and doesn't end up looking that different from Lana before she tore of Alois's face off. He remembers though how when her lips were stained with blood she ended up Kissing her husband, and Gehrman had no idea if that was part of the link, exchanging blood through kissy face. He continues to wonder if he will have to end up kissing Vreis. Taking a good look at his partner he wound't mind it. After all he was big and strong, and very nice on the eyes.

"So um I found an instructor to watch over the fight, we just have to go back to the simulation room and then we can go crazy on each other. I'm eager to see you in action, and I'm itching to test of a few fire spells." He says with a confident grin.

Mason Patch
Mason watched as his partner set the red colored spear aside. It almost looked like a decorative peice as it sat against the wall, and Mason's gaze glanced back at the trashcan already filled with scrapped ideas. It reminded him that his gun was still unpacked somewhere about the room. He sighed, and he offered an apology for the mess. "Sorry, I was unpacking. My desk is almost all set, though-- Oh, uh, you don't have to--" he started, but Reiner gave him an insistent glance. So he said, "Thanks," instead and followed suit. The vampire was kind enough to help him unpack and organize, so he might as well get to work. He was unzipping a suitcase full of dark and neutral clothes when Reiner continued on about training.

While Mason had packed for easy hanging, he found himself hanging his shirts one by one as Reiner talked. It gave him a dull task to not think about as he focused on what was being said. He only had to pause to let Reiner in to put the sheets away, and he muttered another "thanks." He seemed to be absorbing the information alright until they breached the topic of the Blood Link. Subconsciously, he paused rubbed at his neck as he recalled Lana ripping into her husband's throat, his skin paling. He couldn't imagine ever being comfortable with that, and he wondered if his brother had ever reached that point with Reiner. It was a question for another time, though, because Reiner continued on about training and Mason's hands were moving again as he continued to slowly sort his clothes. It didn't seem entirely fair that he'd have less time to dick around than the other recruits, but it wasn't surprising--he had only attended Brynswerth because of his partner. What would really be unfair would be dragging the other down due to his own inexperience.

So twice a week with Reiner didn't seem so bad. Though he was so busy trying to keep up and process what he was being told, he almost didn't notice he was asked a question. Putting the last of the clothes away, Mason stood suddenly straight and blinked. "Oh, uh," he stammered. "Yeah. I'm still learning my schedule, but any couple days should work, ya know? Guess we can see how Tuesday-Thursdays work." He shoved the empty suitcase aside with a light kick and sighed. It all seemed to roll of the tongue for Reiner, but Mason felt overwhelmed by it. It would be easier said than done. "What are you going to be doing when I'm in classes? You don't have them, do you?"
MP: 95/95​
Han JiHyo Han JiHyo

Hanako Yamada

"Yeah, you're the girl from the demonstration earlier. Ryan? Right? Yeah, I was with Aki earlier," she said to the white haired mage. "Anyways, I don't think I've introduced myself formally yet. My name's Yamada Hanako. It's a pleasure to meet you both." She strolled around the lackadaisically, eventually finding a bench and plopping down onto it. She pulled out a device from a coat pocket and flicked it on. A luminescent light was cast upon her face highlighting her facial features as she casually scrolled through web pages on her miniature tablet. Then casually sent a couple responses to her friends in Tokyo since it was late in the afternoon there. "So what do you two think of the classes here," she asked.

Quietpersona Quietpersona Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

Alois Jäger

Alois gave Ryan a charming smile as he listened to the compliment of him being handsome enough to pull off a cape, "I appreciate that, and she did have a habit of swooping down from time to time. It honestly was a pretty nice cape that flowed pretty well whenever she wanted to make a dramatic exit. The weird high collar capes are pretty bad but no one in my family wears one like that. I'm only forced to wear my cape during official family or royal meetings." Alois' attention focused back on Hanako as she made herself comfortable which he took as a good sign. Small flashes of the earlier class passed through his mind and he let out a low chuckle, "The classes are pretty interesting and fun. I'm a fan of the hands-on approach to learning anyway so I guess I'm not too upset over being sent here. Did either of you manage to find a partner today? Things didn't workout too well for me after Prof. Lana used me as an example to scare the rest of the class."

Quietpersona Quietpersona TPBx TPBx

Ryan Decker

Ryan began to feel her legs cramping up. To be fair, she had been sitting crouched in a tree for the last fifteen minutes. With a sigh, the mage carefully maneuvered herself down a few branches to get closer to her fellow classmates. "Well now you have to show me your formal cape Alois. You can't tell me you have one and then not deliver on the imagery." She gave him a smile before turning her attention to Hanako. "I liked the one class I've had so far. It was..different than I expected. We have a lot of talented people in our midsts. Plus our professors are nothing to laugh at. They have all my respect." When Alois mentioned finding a partner, Ryan shrugged. "I haven't found one yet. I mean, to be fair, I wasn't really looking you know? I wasn't expecting to need one so soon." She looked down for a moment, thinking, before raising her head and continuing, "Besides, I'm not very sure how that works. Do you just walk up to someone and ask them to partner up? How do you know if you're compatible?"
TPBx TPBx
Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

Ann Cromwell
"Well you aren't wrong." Ann simply grinned and shrugged off the Girl's odd mannerisms. If you can't beat em, join em as they say. "But that would also mean that I'm not wrong in calling you in cat given how you landed on your feet from that tree, Miss Cheshire!" Ann simply giggled at her own little joke and relief. Maybe there was hope in this girl yet. After all, its not everyday that you meet someone by almost giving them a hea- Wait what did she just call Ann?

"P-Pervert?" Ann quietly parroted after the girl as they both stared at each other. One with a look of shock and the other in disgust. Or... at least it seems like disgust? Either way, Ann had no idea how to respond to the whole situation. It was getting weirder than that one circus she visited during her orphanage days.

"Well.... I guess I deserve that but..... Wait, what are yo- OH GOOD GOD!" Ann screamed, her face now a bright red as the girl promptly flashed her bra for all, namely Ann, to see.

"For the love of all that is pure, don't do that! I was only joking!" Ann chided the girl for her sudden act of public indecency. Besides, if it was a hot guy, Ann wouldn't particularly mind but that's not the point. She quickly took the hem of the girl's blouse and lowered it down. Having made sure the girl was decent, Ann took a moment to calm herself down. In her panic, she barely heard the girl introduce herself.

"Look.... Ellise, was it? I was only joking around earlier, no need to take things so literally... Here, let's start over. Name's Ann. Ann Cromwell, was it your first time meeting a person by falling out of a tree?" Ann grinned and formally introduced herself to Ellise."

Blood Level: 146/146
Frenzy: 0/4
Cosmos Cosmos

Julia Valois
"Ah! Right you are Maj-... I mean... Vanilen. Pardon, its a little awkward for me. Haven't really been out with... people the pass few months..." Julia nervously laughed off her sudden bout of embarrassment, quietly accepting her glass of liquor with a word of thanks. She took a moment to stare into the cup. Its been a long time since she had alcohol in any form since her own private supply and hip flask had gone dry last month with her finding little time to get a top up. So it would be smart to take it a little slow, non?

"À votre santé, Vanilen." Julia toasted for her new partner's health. Even if all vampires need to be healthy is a supply of blood, some kind words would be nice, right? Not to mention that it would be rude not to show some form of appreciation for the host. Julia took a tentative sip of the drink. ..... Well its new alright and it was a lot more refined than the mid range stuff she usually drank. All in all, it was a nice drink. But her enjoyment of the taste was interrupted by Van suddenly speaking up.

"Pardon? O-oh... Oui, I'm not supposed to take them with alcohol anyway..." Julia put her glass down and reached into her pocket, fishing out the half-full bottle of pills. She hesitated for a moment before deciding to have faith in her new Partner, placing the pill bottle onto his waiting palm. Julia then noticed that she had in-fact been holding her breath the moment she took out the pill bottle and sighed. Quickly chuckling to herself, she felt as if a huge load was taken off her shoulders and welcomed that feeling. That's right, she was here to unwind. Not worry about anything. Just drink with the Major before heading back.

10 Minutes and a bunch of drinks later
"Its a disgrace! This new bunch is a d-dishgrace! *Hic*" Julia complained as she took a long sip of drained her 4th cup. Her face was flushed, her tie and collar was loosened and her coat was messily thrown over her seat. Not to mention the fact that she was... a little louder than usual but she was more busy muttering things under her breath.

"That... boy from earlier.... A-Alois Jeager or something... That-that.... Fils de pute had no respect or c-common sense! *Hic* Pardon... I mean he has spirit b-but you got to learn some discipline too! Right V-Vanilen??" Julia tugged on the Major's sleeve while pouting at him. Her glare was slightly unfocused but it quickly vanished as suddenly as it came. She started fiddling with her glass.

"Ah.... H-He reminds me of Axel.... Just a little... Its the attitude.... Maybe.... Merde, I think I know why I don't drink anymore...." Julia groaned as she promptly facedesked onto the table. She slowly turned to stare at the nearby wall, sighing. An odd smirk forming as she recalled something. "Be honest with me, Vanilen... I'm a coward am I....? R-Remember when I was discharged from the hospital....? I-I tried t-to end it that night, you know...? Put the gun to my temple and everything.... Heheh.... But I threw it away and it discharged into the ceiling.... Ahaha.... They confiscated it and sent me for the-therapy.... Ahahaaa.... I wonder why I didn't do it....?"
Mana: ???
shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Vanilen Ainswurth

Julia did seem increasingly nervous, almost embarassed by Van's words and the vampire found himself thinking over his actions. Should he have kept his coat on? Perhaps it was too forward of him to suddenly tell to ease up. Was he staring? Vanilen always did have the very bad habit of staring. Its something vampires developed as they got older for some reason. The crimson eye color certainly didn't help either. As it turns out, he worried for nothing as she brightened up soon after. Though, the female's reaction to him asking for the pills was a rather strange one. Julia almost looked as if she was about to choke as she was handing it over but the moment she lightened her grasp on the bottle, she was visibly relieved. Victor stared blankly for a moment before shaking his head and pocketing the medicine. Going to be an interesting night.

Vanilen wasn't anywhere near drunk but after his 8th go, he was finally starting to feel its effects. "Yes, that boy was the culmination of everything I despise in purebloods." He replied with an open, fanged smile. It was rare to see the elder smile openly but as previously stated, the alcohol was finally beginning to do something.

Vanilen laughed and politely patted Julia's hands as she pulled him about in a drunken stupor, even pouting at him to agree in the most adorable manner. H
However, the conversation took a grimmer turn when Julia brought up her former partner. The man listened politely to her drunken melancholic strife and at the end of it, he just have a hand a light squeeze before pouring her another drink. "I believe you are anything but weak or cowardly Julia."

"Listen carefully, it is one thing to have the courage to face your fears. It is another thing entirely for your fears to win and you get up to face it once more. You have the respect of Vanilen Ainswurth, Julia. That means a lot. Take some comfort in that."
The major released her hand and poured himself another drink, lightly clinking her own fillef glass and downing the hard, burning liquid with a satisfied sigh.
Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

56215561947a12306cf3b8c7a192f401.png
20170612_125806.png

"You dont have to pay here, Ace."

The French girl froze and raised her head, jerking it back to look up at him. She had a cocked eyebrow, and blinked her long lashes, "Qu'est-ce que vous avez dit?" Aceline shook her head, remembering Francis couldnt understand French, "What did you just say?" She lowered her hand back to her side, confused as to why she didnt need to pay. Nothing was ever free, why didnt she have to pay? To avoid any more questions that may make her seem any more foolish, she simply just accepted it. Crossing her arms once more she raised her nose in the air, "Very well zen(then), if you would be as so kind to hand me the meal," she stuck a hand out, waiting for the food but Francis interjected, "You keep looking at her with those kinds of eyes and you'll be lucky to wake up tomorrow with your eyes attached and not in a body bag."

Aceline's mouth closed in shock, taken back from his threatening tone. Her eyes darted between the young human and the guy serving their lunch, not making the connection as to what was happening. There was a moment of tension and silence between the two, and it expanded into a contagious atmosphere around them. Her sapphire eyes looked away from Francis and the other man, subtley trying to look around, hoping they didnt make a scene. The mac n cheese in a container was shoved into her face, making her jump and her short hair bounce with the sudden movement. She looked at the man sheepishly, then at Francis, and hesitantly took the food from him. She felt Francis begin to move and she quickly did so too, walking infront of him silently, holding the warm pasta in her hands, "What....what just happened?" she turned her head to the side slightly to speak to Francis behind her on their way back to the table where Tyson waited for them.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

"Tyson..."

The silence was broken with a firm but clear call for the much younger human. Silentium stood towards the back of the room between both the doorways masked almost completely by shadows. However bits of the odd colored skin of his face and head shown through with ease. His grey eyes were fixated on the young man.

"I have some questions, and a request for you."

His back was straight, hist tone was absolute; like what you'd expect from a professor but more intimidating. His eyes matched his stance and tone, a light grimace paired with a bit of brow furrowing. This was not meant to scare however, Silentium was about to talk with Tyson about some rather serious matters. He was focused on the thoughts running around in his head, organizing them into questions he would need to ask before him and tyson were to be partners. What it meant to be partners on the battlefield was completely different from the professors and he needed to make sure Tyson understood this and was aware to the gravity of the situation. Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat

Blood Level: 725/725

Last edited:
Francis Gundyr

It was already enough that the idiots had the guts to not even attempt to hide the fact they were checking Aceline out but then the girl herself looked more confused than ever. When Fancis took a look back, sure enough not a single person was even attemping to look in their direction. Not with Francis around her at least. Sure enough, the girl eventually asked the question of what had happened to cause such a reaction in him.

The mercenary couldn't resist a small sigh as they continued their slow path to back to Tyson. Francis leaned forward a tad, so she would be the only one who could hear him, " You probably shouldn't put your money somewhere under your clothing. While you were digging around, you had minimum three guys who were blatantly catching glimpses under your dress. The reason it went so quiet and why no one met your eyes when I said something was because practically all of them were looking."

"Best part was you weren't even aware of it. But dont worry, they wont be doing that again. At least, not while im in the area."
The Englishman promised her with a small smile.

Moments later, Francis could see Tyson being approached by a vampire. Really old one by the looks of it. He looked like they were talking about something serious so Francis nudged Aceline with his leg to take a seat at the lone table they were about to pass by. "One of the officers is talking to him. Give him a second to finish."
Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity

Books, Trees, a pervert and me.
|| Ellise Volkov ||

Ellise was thoroughly confused by the girls reaction to her, she thought that had been what the female was seeking, or maybe it still was and she was simply very good at covering it up. With the forceful pulling down of her blouse and flustered looking girl, now down as Ann in front of her she let a small sigh escape her mouth, "If it was a joke
…. Then why say it…. things like that…. serve…. only to confuse my…. imminent reactions…. It would-…. have given the exact…. same humour in your head." She mumbled, seemingly more to herself than Ann, even she knew not to expect other people would know how her mind worked, after all not many did and she'd grown used to it. "Ann…. Cromwell…. Memorised. Continue…. With your…. introduction…. swiftly…. Staying outside…. like this…. is a risk to the breaking of our curfew….." She continued, the book grasped tighter in her hand.

By now she would have generally walked away without comment, but two things were currently persuading her to stay, one being her curiosity towards the odd female, hence her interest in her introduction, two being her mothers urging to at least make one other friend at the academy or she was going to, 'come here and do it herself'. Ellise tried to explain that situation was illogical and an irrational reaction but her mother simply giggled and smiled as useful, continuing to insist until she promised to do so. "Books." She then continued, lifting her arm slightly and looking down at it, her glasses slipping dow her face, "Books…. And falling…. From the tree is…. Not unusual….. Ellise- I…. Have a tendency of…. doing as such when…. reading." She tied to explain the bets she could, occasionally she would refer to herself in third person, a habit she got from reading so much, but the sentence was hopefully moderately understandable.

She'd already memorised all she could about the girl appearance wise and her name, a photo graphic memory did that for you but what she really wanted to know.

Is why Ann wanted to speak with her in the first place?

LEE HYO-RIN

Shaking Candice’s hand enthusiastically, Rin let go with a wide smile, stepping back a few paces so she could stretch and go through some slow katas while still being able to hold conversation. “Oh the grounds are huuuge. I spent the period between orientation and our first class checking the place out, and only managed to get as far as mapping the dorms and classrooms. I didn’t even know where the training fields were until the Professor told us to go there. Granted, I’m not exactly fast in finding my way, but ya’ know what I mean.”

“I think you can fit three or four of the gym back home into this place.” Rin eyed the place even as her hands and feet acted through pure muscle-memory. “I’ve heard how great this Academy is and all, but I didn’t think it also meant it was loaded. Every area’s goddamn big, even the classrooms are bigger than necessary. I mean, who in their right mind spends that much money into designing classrooms!”

Finishing with a leg-sweep, she straightened to face Candice once more. “But what’s important are the professors, right? I really wonder how the other instructors are after seeing Professor Kilton and Lana in action. The others today after them were…meh. Can’t wait for the practical magic lesson.”

“By the way, what branch of magic do you specialise in? And what weapons do you use?” It would be just too awesome if they specialised in similar branches too. Rin had yet to find another human who was planning to engage in close combat when facing the Rot. Impractical though it was - and many had told her that - Rin couldn't just drop what she had practiced for years and switch to a long-range weapon.

sarah-palmer-square-542x542-7fc958e3029d4aae926144c0306dacf0.png

Mana Pool: 97/97

Interactions: Candice Luckz Luckz

EWALD REINER KLEIST

An eyebrow rose slightly at the easy agreement. Had he not known the youth any better, he would have thought Mason was simply humouring him. Either way, Reiner was not complaining, for it was fortunate the vampire wouldn’t need to fight his partner to get things done, unlike another friend he could name off the top of his head.

“Tuesday and Thursday it is for this week. Meaning tomorrow shall be our first lesson.” Reiner acknowledged with a nod. “I will come by at the end of your last class tomorrow.” Having it in the morning would mean Mason needed to wake up earlier, which was not a good idea as the students would require every bit of energy they could get to get through classes. Dozing off in any period was not recommendable unless they were absolutely sure they knew every bit of information the instructors were going to impart. Knowledge helped in battle, after all, and Reiner would hate to lose another potential partner so soon.

Having said all he wanted to say – and at the same time confirming Mason was going to be relatively fine for the rest of his Academy life – Reiner pushed off the wall, grabbing Ansgar and started to head for the door. Curfew was approaching and he should probably leave the youth some time to his own on the first night. However, before he could turn the knob, the boy’s additional question made him pause in his step.

“I have already graduated from the Academy. Taking classes again would be redundant. No, I have other duties to attend to during my stay here as a senior officer. Patrolling, assisting instructors with practical demonstrations, ensuring security within the grounds, and so on.” He glanced over his shoulder to cast a look at Mason. “The Rot may be our main enemy, but there are other…minor threats to look out for.”

Falling silent for a moment, Reiner let out a quite sigh, fingers ghosting over the left pocket of his slacks, where the last personal possession of Ray’s sat. The pureblood had taken it off Ray’s corpse shortly after he died, but had hesitated in giving it over to his younger brother, for various reasons. Finally, his hand fell away and Reiner exited without another word.

Cadis.Etrama.Di.Raizel.full.2077546.jpg

Blood Level: 475/475

Frenzy: 0/8

Interactions: Mason Compass Compass

VREIS WHELAN

He had followed the flood of students out of the classroom of the last lesson of the day, aimlessly wandering the Academy grounds when the mass slowly dispersed. The promised spar between him and the human male – Gehrman Hunter – was far from his mind, having been pushed aside by the stream of information from other instructors. It wasn’t until said human came up to him that the vampire remembered that promise. Truth be told, he was slightly embarrassed at having forgotten it – even for a brief moment – when the other hadn’t. The median-blood had rushed to his dorm to grab Labrys. It would save time to head off immediately after a quick meal with everything prepared.

Following his sense of smell towards the mess hall, Vreis chose the first available table he came across, ordering a blood-cocktail in contrast to Gehrman’s steak. Refrigerated blood didn’t taste the best, even when mixed with alcohol and other artificial flavouring, but Vreis had long since gotten used to the taste. Unlike some other purebloods he knew, he didn’t stick to drinking from live ‘cattle’. The purebloods from his mother’s side of the family viewed any other way of feeding with disdain.

“Great!” Vreis raised his glass in mock toast towards Gehrman, watching with amusement as the other man tore into his steak, absently wondering if it was an acknowledgment to what Vreis said this morning. “A pyromancer, hmm? Haven’t gone against one since my uncle left.”

A sceptical sweep of Gehrman’s current attire had Vreis mildly concerned. “Are you planning to wear armour? Labrys’ might end up crushing a bone if I’m not careful.”

65953410201305231455063865339200267_002.jpg

Blood Level: -/-

Frenzy: 0/-

Interactions: Gehrman Morgrim Morgrim

Gabriel Salazar

To say that it was a long walk to the nurse's office/med bay with the amount amount of injuries Gabriel had was more than an understatement. While none of them were fatal or lethal wounds, they were a far cry light injuries. The pyromancer was a bloody mess and het, it seemed like he couldn't have been happier.

It had been mere hours since Gabe got to this school and he had already been thoroughly thrashed twice, even if his second fight was a draw. Gabriel had always been a fighter. He was craved a challenge that could knock him on his ass without even trying. The reason being because now he had a goal to work towards and surpass. The cryomancer woman was officially a rival in his book and the Kiltons had a target on their backs.

After he had been bandaged up, the young human male limped his way back to the dorms. Once he finally arrived, he nearly collapsed against his closed door with a hard Thump! A bandaged hand reached into his shorts for his access card but for some reason or another, the door wouldnt open, no matter how much he swiped the card. A frustrated growl ripped up his throat. He was exhausted, beaten, and bloody and he just wanted to rest but the stupid door was giving him issues now. The pyromancer punched the door, muttering in frustration as to why the stupid thing wouldnt open.

He hadn't exactly noticed....this wasn't....really his room....
Compass Compass Cosmos Cosmos

Mason Patch
"Tomorrow?" Mason repeated. He was hoping he would get a week off before whatever Reiner had ready for him to get used to the class schedule, but it appeared that wouldn't be the case. "Uh, okay. That's fine," he said, not really wanting to argue about it anyway. Besides, he was curious and excited to be at the academy. He opened another suitcase to start laying things out on his desk: laptop; unopened cases of pens and pencils, some of them colored; a picture frame of his parents, Ray, and himself; a clock with wrenches for its hands; a desk lamp; and a few notebooks.

He listened as the vampire described how his schedule differed from his own, and he blinked. "Wow, you have a lot to do," he realized. How would that change when Mason graduated? Would Mason just join him in the boring patrol work? He didn't ask right away because there was a pause from Reiner and for a moment, it seemed like he had something more to say. But when he just took his spear and left, Mason's brow furrowed. "See ya tomorrow," he said, waving even though Reiner hand't turned to see the gesture.

When he was alone, he scowled a bit. In his few interactions with Reiner, he wasn't terribly surprised by the formality, but it came off as cold. He was probably already exhausted at the idea of dealing with Mason for the next few years, and the thought made him rub at his neck.

Mana Pool: 95/95​

Han JiHyo Han JiHyo

Mira Kingston

Mira followed Yume into her room, eyes flickering about as she prepared to get a read on the other's personality even further... But the room was quite bare. She blinked, and looked to the taller girl. "You don't seem to have much," she commented plainly as she shut the door behind them. Had she gone overboard in decorating her own room? Her face remained blank, but she was suddenly embarrassed about her black, black decorations and closet. Yume was far less passive and way more expressive than Mira was, so she didn't quite understand how such a big personality could have such a plain, dull room.

There was a loud noise at the door suddenly, and Mira's still expression curved into a scowl, her body unflinching. Her violet eyes dropped to the knob as someone on the other side struggled with it. It seemed to be a good thing that she had escorted Yume to her room, if someone was trying to break in on night one. She looked to the red head and raised her hand slightly, palm at her, as if to say, "Stay." Then she approached the door as another bang! sounded against it. Gently, she set her moon purse against the wall beside the door so that it would be hidden behind it when she opened it.

Then, she opened the door to the much taller male. She could see that he was blond, but other than that...he looked like shit. Had she been a human, she may have been frightened, but the scent of blood only made her more attentive."What. Are you doing?" she said slowly, her words cold with irritation.

Blood Level: 145/145
Beast Control: 0/4​

Cosmos Cosmos shadowz1995 shadowz1995

A new stranger and a shy pyromancer.
|| Yume Kasai ||

Yume laughed awkwardly at the girls comment on her room decor, "Y-Yeah, I've made a not to get some more stuff, didn't expect the room to be so huge after all!~" She said with a gesture around it briefly and genuine excitement and wonder in her eyes, it made you think she used to live in a broom closet- well, she pretty much did but by choice, not that there was too much choice in the old dojo anyhow. Her eyes eventually went back to Mira and her brow arched causally at the loud sound of a thud came from her door, the signal by the vampiric female didn't impress her, she was perfectly capable of handling herself! It would just be a bit painful, that's all. But none the less she didn't think Mira was one to accept and argument and at this point she was too sore to really care, simps staying where she was as the female confidently opened the door and that outside it which was!-

….
An injured boy from their class, Yume sighed, she'd really been hoping for something a little more exciting but she supposed it'd do, she wandered over hesitantly and stayed somewhat hidden behind Mira despite her height on the other, her experience with boys today had been less than sub-par and despite his injured appearance she couldn't help but fear he to was going to try and hit on one of the females, and with her current mood she'd very well punch him for it not like the last guy, though this time would aim further down. "What she said I guess~…." She muttered in reply in a small tone, her rambunctious personality toning down quite a bit, she was used to seeing this kinda thing give or take the severity of it and it honestly didn't startle her too much.
A new stranger and a shy pyromancer.

Julia Valois
"Get back up...? Hah... As if... I'm not sure if I stood back up o-or I'm simply leaning against the wall for sup-support...." Julia scoffed but allowed Van to hold her hand. It felt... warm. Calming. Despite the haze of alcohol, she could tell that the Major was being sincere with his words. She also noticed the Major refilling her cup and numbly reached for it with her free hand. She felt his hand let go and for a brief moment, felt compelled to grab it but her hand simply rested on the table.

"Hah... Of course..." Julia bitterly muttered as she clinked glasses with Vanilen. She took a very clumsy sip and barely managed to put her cup down without spilling a drop. Her vision was slightly blurred and it did feel nice to be drunk once in awhile. But there was that nagging voice at the back of her head screaming that she had to stop drinking soon. Ignoring that voice, her grip on her cup tightened.

"Ta goul...!" Julia grumbled before downing her drink and placing it face down on the table. She hiccoughed slightly before she burst into an uncontrollable fit of giggles after she realized how pathetic she must have looked.

"Hahahaha...! I'm such a fool, Van...! *Hic* Hehe...! I already lost everything...! And now... I'm such a coward that I can barely finish something I sh-should have done a l-long *hic* time back... ahahahaha...!" Julia snorted as she rested her head on her arms, staring at nowhere in particular with a lopsided smirk. "I can't even finish a form I took 3 years ago... I'm pathetic..."
shadowz1995 shadowz1995
Cosmos Cosmos (I'll get Ann's post up in the morning. Its late.)

Gabriel Salazar

Gabriel was tired, beaten, bloody, and irritated with the stupid door.

But that didn't stop his unbandaged eye from widening in surprise when two, good looking ladies opened the door from the inside of the room. The surprise was clear on his face and even more so when he used his height to peek behind both women and see that room looked vastly different. "Why are you girls in my...." the pyromancer took a few steps back and took a second look at the room number and then it dawned on him.

This wasn't his damn room.

Gabriel let out a breath of self-frustration, closing his eye and taking a moment to breathe before he engulfed in flames and brought the whole dorm down in a fiery explosion. The man rubbed the side of his head where the bandages were and absently wondered if the healers actually healed the concussion, like they said they did.

As if to punctuate the fact, Gabriel swayed lightly on his feet before steadying and trying to shake the weakness from his body.
"Sorry niñas. I thought this was my room. Must've gotten hit harder than I thought hahaha!" The pyromancer shook his head once more before smiling at them and stumbling away from the room. The guy needed to seriously find his damn room before his body forcibly shut down. He could already feel it weighing him down.
Cosmos Cosmos Compass Compass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back