• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vampires and humans friends?

Thana Silver Wolf

Dark One of the Unknown
Thana and her twin brother Magnus were walking to the store to buy some simple supplies for a trip they planned to go on. The twins are vampires but they keep that hidden very well. The use lotions to make them seem less pale. They have learned to have their fangs appear and disappear as needed. However they do fear that the humans could turn against them even with this treaty between them and the humans could fail.

Finn was walking through town with his younger, by only a few months, cousin Amara. They were pretty distant cousins but family none the less. Amara moved to town after the death of her mother to live with Finn. Her father disappeared during her toddler years so she barely remembers who he was. The duo pranced through town on a shopping spree. Since Amara only recently moved he promised her the first weekend he would take her shopping for whatever would make her more comfortable.

“Thana why can’t we get something more yummy?” Magnus asked Thana as she grabbed some meats and veggies in the area they where in. Thana had shot him a look. She rarely speaks so when she does it’s a rare sight to see.

Finn walked past a store with a big sign in the window and stopped. "Hey, Mars look." He gestured toward the sign stating in bold letters 'WE SERVE VAMPIRES TOO' And smirked. Amara instantly cringed upon seeing the sign. She was terribly afraid of vampires and wanted to stay as far from them as possible, very unlikely given they live a town that primarily accepts vampires. "You know this stuff freaks me out.." Finn's smirk turned devious as he started walking into store. "Oh I hate you." She stuck close behind him as she indulged in his interest in all things related to vampirism.

“Thana please.” Magnus said causing Thana to growl. “No magbus. You know how we are. We don’t indulge with that!” She said clearly annoyed. She then moved to canned and box goods looking through them. “Besides we don’t always just take care of ourselves. We do help others.” She said.

Finn perused through the aisles looking for anything to peak his interest. He wasn't particularly interested in the run of the mill objects the store had sold for 'normal citizens' he was looking for something that would give his cousin a little scare. The two wandered around quite a bit until he found what appeared to be some sort of 'vampire snack'. He picked up the object and quickly tossed it at Amara. "Look look." Amara was caught off guard and started to panic, dropping whatever was thrown at her and back up into someone. She bumped some girl who was rummaging through a box and immediately started apologizing. "Miss! I'm so sorry! Are you alright, I didn't mean to push you." Amara bit her lip thinking the girl was going to yell at her or smack her for bothering her.

Thana turned realizing someone bumped into her. She smiled lightly. “It’s fine dear. I’m sure it happens.” She said just then her brother came running, at normal human speed, towards them with some stuff Thana didn’t want to get here. Blood bags.

Finn bowed her head lightly as he came up behind her. "Is there anything I can do to repay you? This was my fault so I'd like to make it up to you." He was raised to be respectful to others from a young age so his manners came out as soon as he noticed the obstruction. Amara was nervous so she started looking around, spotting a boy running up towards them. "She already said it was okay Finn.." She pushed past him so he was in front of her to speak with the girl.

Thana looked at the two then to her brother and glared at him. “Magnus put those back!” She said then looked at the two. “Listen it’s ok no one got hurt. And even if someone did I would hope it would be me so you or your sibling wouldn’t be hurt.” She said calmly. “But...” Magnus said and Thana shot him a glare shutting him up.

"Actually she's just my cousin, barely is more like it, and I wouldn't want a lovely woman such as yourself to get injured on my behalf." Finn rubbed the back of his head happily as he spoke with the woman. "My name's Finn by the way." Amara looked intently at whatever the boy was holding in his hand. Her expression changed to one of fear as she realized what he was carrying. It didn't take more than a moment to put two and two together. "Y-You guys are.. vampires..?" Her head poked out from behind Finn already knowing the answer had to be yes.

Thana sighed and looked at the floor. “Yes we are vampires. And no we don’t and wouldn’t harm a single human. There is no need to fear us.” She said and looked at Magnus. She was a bit pissed off at him. “Magnus this is why I didn’t want to buy that stuff!” She said causing him to flinch. She then turned and looked at the two again. “I’m so sorry that this had to happen. And um my name is Thana this is my twin brother Magnus. Who clearly isn’t bright.” She said.

Amara gulped hearing her confirmation. "Well, we best be on our way..." She mumbled her words too afraid to say anything out loud. "Don't be rude now. We were all being civilized here." Finn pat her head aggressively but jokingly earning him an annoyed glare. "Oh yeah, this is Amara. She's a bit of a scaredy-cat." He chuckled feeling the awkward air around the group. "Why don't we all hang out sometime? I'd love to learn more about the vampire perspective and Amara could learn to be less of a wimp."

Thana sighed and looked at magbus before looking back at then. “Not to be rude but we don’t hang out. Because if people still being afraid of us we tend to steer clear from humans. Especially with our family history.” She said. “But I’m sure your cousin will be brave and strong the more she grows.” She said with a small kind smile.

“Come on sis we need friends.” Magbus complained which earned him a glare from Thana.

Finn nodded in agreement with the other male, the two seeming to be on the same page as each other. "See he's right. This would be the perfect time to smooth over your inhibitions and enjoy yourself at the same time." He wasn't about to waste his chance to spark up his lifestyle because his cousin was making this girl nervous. "Actually we were going to have a movie night when we got home, would you two like to accompany us?" His gesture earned him a confused look from his cousin as she was not aware of these so-called 'plans' they made for watching a movie. When she tried to question him, he gave her a swift but gentle elbow jab to stop her from ruining their chances of saying yes.

Thana looked thoughtful. She wasn’t too sure of this. She only wanted to get the supplies they needed for their camping/hunting trip. “We will be glad to.” Magnus said before Thana could. He didn’t want to miss out on making some friends even if they where humans. He then looked at his sister. “It’s not like we have much to do. And not like we need parents ok with this. Self as they where killed.” He said calmly. Thana sighed. “Fine but if there is any funny business I’m grabbing my brother and bolting.” She said finally.

A grin spread across Finn's face hearing their compliance and a soft sigh escaped from Amara. "We have an apartment a few blocks from here we can walk back together." Finn's excitement to make new friends almost burst out of him but he kept his calm composure. It wasn't often he got to meet a couple of vampires and have the chance to befriend them. It was like something out of a game for him. Amara went up to the front register to wait for the others. "Don't you want to pay for those so we can get out of here? I think the owner might suspect us of stealing if we stay any longer."

Thana nodded and looked at her brother. “Put the blood bags away. We don’t need them.” She said and started to walk towards the register. She clearly wasn’t pleased with this.

“Please forgive my sister. She still isn’t up with the treaty. Thinks that one or both sides will break it and he’ll will break loose.” Magnus said walking up to him with the blood bags. “And normally when that happens humans take out the royal vampires. That’s why she is the way she is.” He said.

Finn nudged the boy playfully. "Girls, always so touchy, but I understand. Worst thing that could happen is they turn against us instead!" He started walking after the two girls but paused remembering the last part Magnus had said. "Wait you guys are royals? You'll have to tell me more when we get back." Amara became impatient with Finn even though she knows this is a big deal for him. She cleared her throat loud enough for him to hear and tapped her wrist as if she had a watch on signaling him it was time for all of them to go. "Alright alright come on before she loses her head." He said taking the blood bags from Magnus and setting them on the shelf before leading them out the store.

Thana paid for the stuff that she grabbed for them. “Seems your a little like me.” She said to amara. She seemed rather calm as she took the bags.

Magnus nodddd And followed. Although he knew once and and his sister was alone she would rip him a new one. “So exactly what do you two do for fun?” He asked Finn.

Amara glanced at the girl with a faint smile. "I suppose you're right." She agreed with Thana trying her best not to let her fears get the best of her. The walk was not a far one as they would quickly reach their apartment at the pace they were going. "W-Would you like any help with that? The bags I mean.. carrying them." She fumbled with her words as she tried to offer Thana help with carrying her bags so she wouldn't have to do it alone.

"Well this one just moved here and I haven't seen her since we were juniors in high school. I, on the other hand, like to explore out in the world." Finn answered Magnus' question as they made their way down the sidewalk. "How about you? What do enjoy doing in your free time?"

Thana smiled lightly. “Thanks but I got it. I normally carry for than this.” She said. ‘Good thing none of the items are perishables.’ She thought. She noticed her brother hit it off with the male human right away.

“Well not really haven’t really have a chance since you know.” Magnus said calmly. He then looked around. “But we have traveled a lot due to that. So my sister and I are well cultured though we never went to school.” He said calmly.

"If you say so." Amara shrugged not willing to press the subject. They were good ways down the road now and their apartment building was visible from where they were currently. She pointed to the tall building not too far down the road from them. "You see that building? That's where our apartment is. Luckily there is an elevator since we live on the sixth floor."

"Travel is always good. I used to vacation a lot with my family when I was a child." Finn remembered the times he was excited when his parents would tell him they were going on some trip to the beach or another state. He loved to experience new things more than anything. "It's cool that you never went to school. Trust me you're not missing out. Middle school was a bore and high school was useless."

Thana looked and nodded. “We live in that building too.” She said calmly. “Although we never get out much unless we are planing a trip for reasons.” She said not really wanting to say for what reasons. Slightly scared that she would scare her.

Magnus nodddd. “I guess we sorta learned stuff the hard way.” He said then glanced at his sister. “She learned things harder than I did. I was stupid many times and she got hurt cause of me. I nearly got both of us killed by hunters. Humans that hunt vampires and any supernatural being down.” He said and somewhat looked at the sidewalk.

Considering Amara had just moved to town she wouldn't know the difference. "How convenient we share the same building.." Knowing there were vampires living right under her nose made her a bit uneasy but these two seem to be fine for now.

"Hunters? That's still a thing? I thought that was banned a while back. I guess some people never change. It's great that you both made it out okay. You both have been through a lot." Finn shook his head ashamed of the human race. These poor people being hunted like animals when they aren't.

“Tell me about it. Though we knew humans lived in the building. Which is why we rarely leave our apartment.” Thana said ever so calmly. She then looked back at her brother and the other male, Finn. She shook her head and looked forward.

“Well some where born into it. So even if it’s banned doesn’t matter due to genetics.” Magnus said. “Some humans where breed to be like that. To protect other humans.” He said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back