[Vampire: The Requiem] Lords of Night

Lord of Chaos

Elder Member
Supporter
The story begins, two thousand years ago. During the height of the Roman Empire, when the Camarilla still reigned over the night, and vampires whispered dark blasphemies by candlelight, there existed five vampires of extraordinary power. Called the Lords of Night, they were nearly unstoppable, and raged across the Empire for centuries. One by one, they were brought low, however. Whether betrayed by servants thought loyal or finally outmatched by sudden alliances, they were all slain. Such was their power, however, that they could not find Final Death. Instead, they entered a torpor that seemingly could not be broken.

Yet broken it was, with the passing of time. The history of Europe has been marred by their awakening, one or two at a time. Whether awoken by dark rites or the simple healing touch of time, every instance of a Lord of Night returning has dramatically changed the fortunes and future of those nearby. Inevitably, they are once more defeated, or else choose to re-enter their torpor willingly. Through millenia they have slumbered and awoken in cycles, their corpses kept safe by those who would seek to use their power or deny it to others.

Time passes, as it always does, and the year is 2014. Berlin is a city gripped by fear. Some strange force has been abducting Kindred, and none are safe. Within the past year, one in four have either vanished or perished. The Markgraf, Heinrich III, enacted a daring - some say insane - plan. He began actively forming and encouraging Hunter cells, hoping that they would drag this hidden threat into the spotlight. So far, they have not, and the increase in Hunter activity has made life ever more dangerous for the Kindred. Many have turned against the Markgraf, blaming him for making a bad matter worse. Already, some of the Elector plot for power against him, seeing an opening in the near future.

Into this city on the brink of destruction and chaos, the Lords of Night return. A force unknown has brought together all five of them, and awakened them all at once. Not since the days of Rome have all of the Lords walked together. Still, they are alone and without support in a world that has long since passed them by. Few of them would recognize a car, none would recognize a computer. As they discover the world to which they have been reborn, will they be the only ones strong enough to save Berlin or will they be the final nail in its coffin?

The game is a Vampire: The Requiem game, using the updated rules in Blood and Smoke. The game will be for five players. The game will be on either Wednesday or Tuesday afternoons at 6PM central. Each player will be a Lord of Night, an elder vampire of incredible power. The game will explore the themes of: Reversal (typical vampire games feature a weak neonate struggling within the system. This game is about powerful elders outside it), Madness (Both the madness of a two thousand year old vampire and the madness of a city tearing itself apart), Layers of Power (a Lord of Night can probably tear a car in half, but without allies and support even they cannot last long) and The Other (What are these strange assassins? How will the modern vampires react to the Lords? How will the Lords react to the modern age?)

Character Creation

BP Starts at 5 and cannot be raised during character creation

Lords are made as regular vampires with the following additions:

A fourth Clan Discipline of your choice

Spend 7/6/4 dots on Attributes instead of 5/4/3

Receive 20/15/7 dots of Skills instead of 11/7/3

Receive 5 specialties instead of 3

15 merit dots instead of 10

8 dots of free Physical Disciplines, at least 3 of which must be Clan Disciplines

8 free Discipline dots that cannot be spent on Physical Disciplines, at least 3 of which must be Clan Disciplines (this replaces the 3 free dots normal vampires get)

10xp

No more than two dots of Firearms and Drive, or three of Science

No dots of Computers

Humanity may be any value from 3-7

You begin with no Touchstones, but have a month before any penalties are acquired

Your Clan Bane already applies

You may take up to three Banes to replace breaking points

Any time you would suffer Final Death, you instead enter Torpor. While in Torpor, your final health box cannot be filled with Aggravated damage (i.e. you cannot be permanently killed)

No merits that would require social support or connections (e.g. Haven, Allies, Status, etc)

May not take a Bloodline

Starts knowing German, Latin, plus three other languages of your choice

Every player must be from a different clan

XP will be awarded slowly. You are not at your full strength after such a long sleep, but will slowly regain it

Your character may not have been awake in the past 100 years

House Rules and Clarifications (will be updated with ST rulings as they come up in play)

If using Celerity's active power to avoid an attack, the attack still goes through, but the attacker is penalized by an additional amount equal to your Celerity.

Resilience removes damage AFTER armor.

I am willing to adapt pre-GodMachine bloodline disciplines to the game if you want one as your fourth discipline

The Nosferatu clan weakness does not apply to Intimidate rolls

The Gangrel clan weakness only applies to Anger and Hunger frenzies

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah I'm planning on playing a Daeva.

Considering most covenants didn't exist until fairly recently, I'm going to say my vampire will align himself with the Invictus once he realizes what is going on.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]You know you want to play :tongue:!
But in all honestly timezones suck :( .

[/QUOTE]
Yes, we do, but want changes nothing.

Eh, I'll run a forum game a couple months away.

Oooh. How will this be run? The timing doesn't look horribly bad, but I am more used to doing forum RP. I am interested, and wish to hear more. :)

We typically meet up on Teamspeak in one of the RP channels. I have written/modified a World of Darkness die roller, which we use to resolve rolls. Usually, we use voice chat for OOC and text chat for IC/Game-related (i.e. saying that you activate Celerity and chase after the airplane would be done in chat). I've found that having different mediums for OOC and IC, as well as the ability to rename yourself in TS, lends itself to easier and more natural roleplay than playing in person.

Very tempted, but also very busy. I'd love to have thrown in a Daeva with a god complex, though; the kind of beast that the Victorians wrote archaeological treatises and scandalous novellas about, and to whom the Aztecs sacrificed hearts.

Alternatively, a Ventrue transhumanist, who has gotten very tired of not being able to gaze wistfully upon the sunrise...

Bah, now I'm just indulging in fantasy. More so, I mean.

I'm already in with @Unbridled Originality - good to know I'm not going to be alone... I understand we had plans- it's good to see what we're working of of now... Now, just to get in touch with Unbridled to get more plotting done!

Ventrue or Daeva was original thought- but seeing so much interest in those... Gah..

Indeed- I was thinking Ordo Dracul- their old enough that I could have picked up an Interest last time I was awake, right..? I mean, if their modelled after Dracula- whose about 500 years old? Anywho..

Seeing as they have the "No two vampires of same clan" Rule... I'm prolly gunna go back to Ventrue... or maybe Nosferatu.... and we will no longer share a Sire, it seems- drat... we'll work something out, though.

Just be aware the Circle of Crone started up 200 years ago! Though obviously after being awakened we could join whatever.

Currently my character archetype is a debauched Roman Senator whose first comment upon awakening was "We all knew the Senate was filled with blood sucking monsters." Saw and even participated in the conspiracy to kill Caesar (because hey, why not), and watched the fall of the Empire happen. Last time he was awake was in the 1700s, back when Berlin was Prussian.

He may or may not be the bisexual vampiric male version of Livia, Augustus Gaius Octavius' crazy wife and mother of Tiberius, grandmother of Claudius.

EDIT: As an aside, how much would "impassioned murder" be in the form of a bane, so that I don't have to worry about something like "morality" impacting my eventual grab for power in the city?

Well- it's implied by the concept that we /do/ all know each other in some way, yes? I mean... otherwise why would Five Vamp's of this power be working together, amirite?

Well obviously we would have known each other over time, but there's the possible links before we were embraced/put into torpor for the first time.

I'll vacate Ventrue, if I have to.... I know that one's good for a Social Char as well- and my Char is really more the Spike out of mine and Unbridled's planned charachters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back