Valken Classes (Also Custom Classes)

• technically alchemist and apothecary are already class names in use, so, thats immediately something u gotta change, idk, maybe just make it easy and go Valken Apothecary or something?
  • Glacies is broken :P

@ThatSideCharacter sorry it took me so long to get to this <3  the rest looks good ^^ :)  and i like this class idea :D

how is glacies broken? like in what way? because its effect used on a unit is the same as a staff from fates... i dont remember which one..

also ill work on the name changing.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Nobleman > Count > Duke > Grand Duke[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Ambitious nobles who choose to train in combat that complements their skills in tactics and diplomacy. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Nobleman/Noblewoman:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] A member of the Valken elite with proficiency in magic. Often better in courtly affairs than combat. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Weapon Proficiency: Anima,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Nobleman/Noblewoman Skills:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Magic +2: Gives magic +2 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Rally Point: Can direct all allied (green) units towards a certain point on the map.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Count/Countess:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] A high ranking noble who has shown their loyalty to their liege. Wields anima magic and lances. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Weapon Proficiency: Anima, Lances,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Count/Countess Skills:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Morale Boost: Gives +1 mov to friendly adjacent units.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Gentilhomme/Demoiselle: Female/Male allies within a 2 tile radius receive 2 less damage during battles [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Duke/Duchess:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] A noble with great power and influence. Well educated in matters of state and combat.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Weapon Proficiency: Anima, Lances, Staves,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Duke/Duchess Skills:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Call Squire: The unit calls forth a squire to help them on the battlefield. This squire is a unit from the Soldier Line that is 10 levels under them. This can only be done once per 3 turns, with only one squire on the battlefield at a time. (Ex: Lv. 1 Duke/Duchess “summons” Lv. 11 Soldier or Lv. 15 Grand Duke/Grand Duchess “summons” Lv. 5 Infantry.)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Call to Arms: +2 to all stats (but mov) to friendly adjacent units[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Rally Magic: Magic +4 to all allies within a 3 tile radius for one Turn [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Machiavellian: In place of an attack action -4 to all stats (but mov) to another unit (allied or enemy) for that turn. (Range: 4)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Grand Duke/Grand Duchess:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] The highest rank a noble can hold, an expert in both managing their realm and the art of war.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Weapon Proficiency: Anima, Lances, Staves,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Grand Duke/Grand Duchess Skills:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Art of War: x1.5 Weapon Experience and x1.2 Experience gained[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Staff Savant: Staves can be used without expending uses and if its Range is under 10, it is increased to 10. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Reinforcements: After a wait action a wave of allied (green) reinforcements have a (½luck%) chance of appearing.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]Gains mount after promoting to Count/Countess[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
@CrackShotTom

While theres nothing inherently wrong with Logistics and Rally Point, I question their actual use in rp 

I also wonder why Machiavellian can lower an allys's stats

Art of War is also not inherently bad or wrong, but why does a final tier class get access to a skill that increases wp exp and exp, when by that time, theyre basically and nearly done leveling everything out?

Reinforcements is neat, but those people are still people right? XP

Finally, the "can summon a unit from the soldier line", is a Skill right?

While theres nothing inherently wrong with Logistics and Rally Point, I question their actual use in rp 

Logistics is there mostly there to fill in an empty skill slot. Rally Point, although situational, complements the Reinforcements skill really well.

I also wonder why Machiavellian can lower an allys's stats

I thought it would be a fun option. It also works well with the name.

Art of War is also not inherently bad or wrong, but why does a final tier class get access to a skill that increases wp exp and exp, when by that time, theyre basically and nearly done leveling everything out?

Art of War is a final tier skill because it's a bit on the overpowered side, making the unit start to grow much faster and raises any weapon ranks that still need to be capped. It also goes with the Grand Duke description.

Reinforcements is neat, but those people are still people right? XP

Yeah, it would work the same as any enemy reinforcements would. So that would just be some allied units appearing, the amount depends on context.

Finally, the "can summon a unit from the soldier line", is a Skill right?

I pretty much had in mind something similar to what the Summoner can do in Sacred Stones. But now looking back that technically was a skill, so looks like I'll have to say goodbye to Logistics.

So yeah, I'll make some edits like replacing logistics with the "Summon" skill.

Logistics is there mostly there to fill in an empty skill slot. Rally Point, although situational, complements the Reinforcements skill really well.

I thought it would be a fun option. It also works well with the name.

Art of War is a final tier skill because it's a bit on the overpowered side, making the unit start to grow much faster and raises any weapon ranks that still need to be capped. It also goes with the Grand Duke description.

Yeah, it would work the same as any enemy reinforcements would. So that would just be some allied units appearing, the amount depends on context.

I pretty much had in mind something similar to what the Summoner can do in Sacred Stones. But now looking back that technically was a skill, so looks like I'll have to say goodbye to Logistics.

So yeah, I'll make some edits like replacing logistics with the "Summon" skill.

All fine ^^ like i said most wasnt wrong persay, just a bit peculiar

All fine ^^ like i said most wasnt wrong persay, just a bit peculiar

Well it's a peculiar class, but I see that as part of the appeal.

So I finished the Call Squire skill, and don't really have anything else to add. So do you have any criticisms or suggestions? Or is everything okay?

Well it's a peculiar class, but I see that as part of the appeal.

So I finished the Call Squire skill, and don't really have anything else to add. So do you have any criticisms or suggestions? Or is everything okay?

Rally Point is still rather pointless in the rp, cuz you cant control other people's charries, but i get the idea behind it :)

yes, the class is Accepted! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back