• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Uticia - The Rainbow War ~~Characters~~

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here

BlueandGrey

Lovely love dove.
Name:

Power: (If any. Characters may be magical!)
Nation:

Culture:
Titles:

Militaristic or Diplomatic:

Alignment: (Good/Evil/Neutral)

Faith: (You may make up a religion if you wish, otherwise leave this blank!)

Faceclaim: (Try to keep these artistic! ;) )

Name: Redalia Rodoran

Human

Power: Blood of the Divines.
Nation: The Cerulean Kingdom.

Culture: (Western European Theme.)
Titles: The Jade Queen.

Militaristic or Diplomatic: Redalia doesn't like being told no. Unlike her farther before her, she rules her people with fire and steel. Definitely more the type to do her arguing with a sword in hand and army at her back.

Alignment: Neutral Evil.

Faith:

Faceclaim:
-zx7uOpnhmk.jpg

History:
Redelia was born the twin sister to Ifilia Rodoran. Their blood was that of the Rainbow King himself. The blood of the divines as most would have it. Though most wouldn't consider it very divine the way she plunged a sword through her fathers heart while her sister choked on a well placed poison. The Kingdom fell into her hands without question. The Jade Queen was fitted for a crown the very next day.

Name: Kiyori Miyashta
Race: Yore Undead (Prior a Yore Elf)
Power:
Undead
While Kiyori lost all her magical abilities when she died, she has gained quite some perks as she the curse raised her.

She kept her abilities with the sword and her phyiscal condition. However, there are some minor improvements. Due to the fact she lacks any organs, Kiyori does not run out of stamina or get exhausted. She does not need sleep or food, even though she CAN taste food and sleep

The way more notable change however is her resistance to phyiscal harm. While magic still does it´s full damage to her, she will shrug off a sword through the chest. Mostly, because there is nothing the sword could damage. Her life is caused by magic and only magic can take it.

Nation: Yore Archipelago
Culture: Dark Eastern Theme
Titles: Igithil Yaru-an (Roughly translates to something like "Devil blessed by a Dragon")

The Yore Empire has always kept to itself for the most part, except for some trading. Whoever has no right to enter their archipelago, but still does, agrees to being slaughtered without consequences. Tradeships and similar things do have the right and may therefore safely cross their seas, however only, if they are ships to trade with Yore itself. The other´s usually take the long way around Yore. Yore has never been an overly aggressive nation, not meaning to cause war. But they have always stood their ground and Kiyori does have quite the interest in the rainbow throne herself.

Kiyori is known as a wise and thoughtful, but unforgiving woman that shows great patience. However, even her patience has an end. There is one core rule to dealing with the Yore Empress. Do not make yourself a target of her wrath. Because it is destructive, just as it is hard to trigger. It is further mentionable, that while Kiyori prefers the word, she does not flee a fight if she deems it necessary.

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Faith: /

Faceclaim
undead_samurai_army_by_falkenforfan-d9mhrc0.png

Last edited:
0.jpgName: Nurbana Ibnili

Nation: The Whitecliff
Culture: Middle East Theme (6 B.C)
Titles: The holy prophet

Isn't afraid to cast war as an option if it's for the safety of the people.
Nurbana is proclaimed, as being sent to the entire world as the "Mercy to all mankind and devil." she is the noblest and distinguished of all men. Everyone knew of her fine character and honorable background. Nurbana as selfless as a person could be in life. All her undertakings and motives were just to fulfill the order of her god and she did not undertake any action out of her personal desire and will. She lived every day of her life for the sake of her and everything which she did was for the Almighty. Nurbana was the epitome of good manners. Every action that she undertook in life represented the highest morals and manners that a person could exhibit. She was an Ideal being in terms of manners and ethics, the likes of which the world has not seen. As one of her companions notes about her manners: “Nurbana did not swear at anyone, nor was she rude, nor did she curse anyone. If she desired to reprimand someone, she would say: ‘What is wrong with him, may dust be cast in his face!"

Alignment: Lawful good
Faith: Marsalis

Marsalis believe in one God who created the universe and has power over everything within it. He is unique and exalted above everything He creates, and His greatness cannot be compared to His creation. Furthermore, He is the only one deserving of any worship and the ultimate purpose of all creation is to submit to Him. The Marsalis understanding of God is distinct from all other religions and beliefs in various respects since it is based on a pure and clear understanding of monotheism. This essentially captures the concept of God in Marsalis.

Marsalis often refer to God as Elohim. This is a universal name for God and does not refer to an exclusively ‘Marsalis’ God. Therefore, Elohim is simply the name for God which affirms that He is One singular God with no partners or equals. The name Elohim cannot be pluralized or limited to a specific gender, which establishes that God is One and that He is unique from everything He creates. Marsalis continues to use this original name for God since it perfectly expresses His unique qualities.

God is the Creator and the Sustainer of the universe who created everything for a reason. Marsalis believe that He created humankind with a simple purpose – to worship Him and to test their faith. He sent messengers to guide people in fulfilling this purpose. Some of these messengers include the current ruler who overthrew the previous Whitecliff.
The night wept & tears are an allowed secret
He [God] showers upon you the prayers of hope
the news of your salvation and the call of success!
You sought refuge in the heavenly flock that chants [in the praise of God]
within the shadow of the air and the air is immaculate
until you were gifted for the kindness that calls for you
so blessed you are
god accepted you're grateful praise
and your soft prayers and pure truthfulness
And he called you 'the mother of his people' so blessed is
the soul Nurbana from the nobles that carried the soul
you were raised a star in the hands of the heavens
and blossomed among the gathering of the prophets
and you became the 'master of women'

because of your invocations for the gardens of paradise
were shrouded with your intense satisfaction and love for god
and no one remained between your sanctuary and the majestic throne, more humble than you
History:
Whitcliff was a cold and miserable place for many without wealth to reside in. Nurbana was one of the many slaves that the king had under his rule and that's exactly what Nurbana was and all she ever will be. It came as a surprise to many that by the age of 12 she overthrew the king in the most brutal way possible his body still impaled in front of the castle's wall while his head at the entrance of the kingdom.

Nurbana's father wanted to free the slaves who have been with him for so long at first it was just a riot but it slowly grew into more and the king sleeping soundly didn't see it coming. A rebellion emerged the people of Whitecliff went to war with the royal family who had no help from any royal family and despite that, they won when they killed off Nurbana's father it was recorded that it took more than 2,000 arrows to take away his last breath. The king wouldn't feel at ease until he cut off his enemy (of many years) head. All who touched or even held the spear that cut off the mans head would have chills running down their spins. The king captured the family of his enemy and imprisoned them Nurbana only got to see her fathers head and almost lost her life after falling into a coma for 3 years. And when she woke she saw her fathers head carried upon a spear and her uncle chained. They would slap her face but not before burning their houses. They beat her aunts and they chained her uncle her mother's wounds are so deep that they will never heal. No one knows what truly happened and those who do have never confessed.

Last edited:
storm_season_by_beastofoblivion-d6qil51.png

Name: Xir'ain

Power: Assimilation via Consumption

Nation: The city-state of Ormskirk, which comprises one half of the Onyx Alliance.

Culture: Ancient Egypt-esque with Roman influence.

Titles: God-king, Will of the Abyss, Sis'arel

Xir'ain is a predator by nature. His diplomacy is violence and the threat of violence. That said, the lands under his control are largely incapable of supporting the growing population of his nation, and this requires him to trade for many basic necessities and foodstuffs. Very soon he will either be forced into declaring war to take land or resources from another nation, or open himself up to diplomatic talks to expand trade with his neighbors. The latter would possibly be the more concerning choice, as it makes one wonder what exactly he's saving his nation's strength for.

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Faith: Xiresh

History:
A beast driven from its home, he came from the West. Up until a little over a decade ago, Ormskirk was an elven fort from which they kept watch for suspicious dwarven activity and any signs of change from the Swallow. After Xir'ain wiped out the elves stationed there, he claimed the fort as his new home. Two years later he without any warning formed an alliance with the dwarves, and was provided with a generous influx of capital to begin expanding his tiny domain into a much larger city. He has since attracted stronger and stronger individuals to Ormskirk, often mercenaries, with the promise of strength being rewarded. The strongest are said to even earn favors from the god-king himself, so far as to have him use his magic to grant further strength or immortality. No wish is outside of the god-king's power to grant.

bc5a5eca0668db9edd81679eaef4d30c.jpg

I've noticed that people have some insanely powerful characters even god like!! This is all fine, of course but to balance the power, I'm adding the requirement that all characters and nations included have a Vulnerability and Weakness section. Be fair!! The fight for the Rainbow Throne should be on equal ground, if ya know what I mean! ; )

God-like? Dost thou insult the god-king's holy might!?

Real though, his god status is similar to how a pharaoh was considered a god in ancient Egypt. He'd have to eat a god to become one, and all he's got in his stomach so far is whales, a sea serpent, a thunderbird, some elves, and probably a few other humanoid races.

I've noticed that people have some insanely powerful characters even god like!! This is all fine, of course but to balance the power, I'm adding the requirement that all characters and nations included have a Vulnerability and Weakness section. Be fair!! The fight for the Rainbow Throne should be on equal ground, if ya know what I mean! ; )
I dont think that Kiyori has god like powers... I feel like i balanced that really well and adding those thing would weaken her a lot, i´d have to give her more strength to balance it again...

Woah woah woah! I don't make th---- Uhhh, right actually I do. xD No, seriously though just do what you think is fair and if there really is a problem then I'll let you know! Sound good?

Woah woah woah! I don't make th---- Uhhh, right actually I do. xD No, seriously though just do what you think is fair and if there really is a problem then I'll let you know! Sound good?
I dont mean to say you´re wrong, i just feel like her power has enough drawbacks and ways to counter, so adding more weaknesses would shift the balance to a negative. If you feel different, i´d love to hear what points in her ability make you feel that way and i´d gladly do changes to suit your expectations. I was just stating my point of view.

I dont mean to say you´re wrong, i just feel like her power has enough drawbacks and ways to counter, so adding more weaknesses would shift the balance to a negative. If you feel different, i´d love to hear what points in her ability make you feel that way and i´d gladly do changes to suit your expectations. I was just stating my point of view.

I'm not pointing any fingers. Like I said, do what you all think is fair. If anyone has problems then I'll let those people know through PMs.

God-like? Dost thou insult the god-king's holy might!?

Real though, his god status is similar to how a pharaoh was considered a god in ancient Egypt. He'd have to eat a god to become one, and all he's got in his stomach so far is whales, a sea serpent, a thunderbird, some elves, and probably a few other humanoid races.
Name: Laobo Goldseizer

Powers:
• Heat Tolerance - all grey dwarves can tolerate sweltering temperatures compared to other races. Even Fire can be handled or passed through with little discomfort. However, the reverse is true for cold temperatures. Ice and snow against their bare skin is terribly painful.

• Dark Vision - all grey dwarves can peer clearly through the blackest caves, mines, and all other forms of natural darkness. In contrast bright unfiltered sunlight often overwhelms them.

• Scepter of Grimsby - Whenever a new Chief of Clans is exalted he or she inherits the sacred Scepter of Grimsby. This artifact serves two primary functions, the first being a weapon. Forged of mithril and adorned with gemstones the scepter can be weilded as a studded mace. Its second function is that of a perfect appraiser. The value of any good or treasure, down to the penny, is revealed to whatever grey dwarf holds the scepter. The artifact's possessor must be able to see the item for its ability to work.

Nation: Grimsby, Realm of Clans

Culture: Dwarven, Corrupted
Title: Chief of Clans
Form of Address: Your Avarice

Militaristic or Diplomatic: Laobo, like most grey dwarves, prefers to resolve conflicts as frugally as possible, which usually calls for diplomatic solutions. However, if an assassin or elite team of killers would be more efficient, the Chief won't hesitate to bury a problem. Because full blown war campaigns strains a nation's treasury the dwarves only mobilize their army as a last resort.

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Faith: Treasured Trinity (detailed in lore thread)

yrknz5H.jpg

History: WIP
What do you guys think: I´ve got a really good inspiration to rework my kingdom, i´d love to do it, but it seems my current idea fits in well as well... Should i?

A rather dark style. They´d still keep to themselves.

Basically imgaine the kingdom of Yore as it is now and so my character has been destroyed by a curse. But they still exist. An undead version of Yore like it is now, basically

I think a dark facelift would be interesting for sure. But if it was me, I'd drop the isolationist concept. Undead or cursed sailors would be wicked. Maybe they even trade for corpses... :coolshades:

I think a dark facelift would be interesting for sure. But if it was me, I'd drop the isolationist concept. Undead or cursed sailors would be wicked. Maybe they even trade for corpses... :coolshades:
It´d still be eastern themed, though.

They would have a radius around their island. There´d be signs every now and then. If you enter the radius, you basically agree to be dead meat. But other than that, they don´t really roam. They don´t have a reason for it. They dont need to leave their land, what for, they don´t need food or anything. It´s basically just a kind of bermuda archipelago, except for you know why you disappear when you get close.

This is what Undead Kiyori looks like
undead_samurai_army_by_falkenforfan-d9mhrc0.png

They look interesting but because they're so toxic and isolated they'll largely be avoided/ignored. It's your call though.

They look interesting but because they're so toxic and isolated they'll largely be avoided/ignored. It's your call though.
Maybe but due to the monthly meetings, people will be forced to deal with them to a point. Further, i intend to have them have some special metals you can only find there, so trade with them would be worth a thought. They aren´t bloodthirsty, they just are special. Trading ships that come to them have special talismans that signal to the undead that this ship may not be attacked even if within the empires waters.

Shadow isles incoming.

But that idea sounds like it'd be interesting. I don't think the isolationist aspect would be a problem. Xir'ain would probably tho away some lives to crack the mystery of the spook islands.

I thought you mentioned your undead already have everything they want?
They do. But others want THEIR stuff. That´s why they trade.

The undead don´t need anything, but they still try to be part of the world. They kept a lot of their spirit from when they still were the elven Yore you now see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back