• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Urban Legends - CS

RedLeftHand36

Your Host Tonight
RXfBQzU.jpg

IC | OOC | 136.6 The Dead Zone's Witching Hour | Interest Check | Discord Server

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

the hanging tree.jpg

GM: Me, obviously
Co-GMs: Currently, only thespectacularstorm thespectacularstorm

Welcome to Urban Legend! Obviously this is the character sheet thread, but first it's time to put down a few rules, as is standard.

1. So, obviously, follow all the standard RPNation rules. That means, in general, don't be an absolute numpty that everyone's gonna hate. No bigotry, ESPECIALLY 'you're the real bigot' bigotry. Believe me when I say that I'll stomp that crap out at first sign.
2. So frankly, this isn't just some 2012 prepubescent's RP. I'm gonna be requiring some actual competence from people. No one-liners, and no piddle little barely even a paragraph posts. If you're having a hard time putting up a decent sized post, that's what the Discord is for. I don't expect constant short novels, but collaboration and cooperation is key to making things juicy thicc.
3. In the spirit of jolly cooperation, I'm gonna ask that people come in here with that kinda stuff in mind. I will be watching out for those that dampen the community, and I won't show any mercy if you make it clear you can't get along with everybody else. That said, if there's something going on where the majority are in the wrong, please communicate. We're all in this together, yeah?
4. As I've stated, I'm requiring a degree of competence. That means me asking you to try and keep spelling and grammatical errors to a minimum. If English isn't your first language, you're still welcome to join, and I will try my best to help out, but if it becomes too detrimental to the RP, I'll probably have to ask you to leave. Of course, I do ask all the multilingual people to help out with this stuff, because I'd rather not want someone to leave just because some are having a hard time understanding what's being said.
5. Obligatory have fun rule

NOTE: It's important for people to know that there's gonna be a lot of solving riddles and translating simple codes [i.e. binary, morse, hex, stuff like that]. However, it isn't required to actually join in the RP. There's an element of sandboxing I'll be incorporating, but remember, the focus is to unlock the mysteries of the setting that is Oak Creek, and there'll will be forces outside of your characters' control guiding them to do so. But at the same time, you'll often have to look into things yourself. I can give you locations, but you'll have to go to them of your own volition. I can give you hints and clues, but you'll have to find them. I can give you some answers, but you'll have to ask the questions. For example, maybe you find out that a certain property's history is relevant to solving a murder. You, via your character, will have to go to the Oak Creek library to search for the records. And not all information will be obvious, though this aspect should be a little more apparent in its existence by now. But I highly encourage you to explore the town, dig for clues, and learn about the more bizarre prospects Oak Creek has to offer.

As stated in the interest check, characters more familiar with the town will be limited in number. Not by first come first serve, but rather by the quality of the writing. Character sheets are a great way of doing this. Make a character new to Oak Creek, join the server or PM for a discussion, dish out your ideas for a character who knows the town well, and we can definitely talk about it, at the very least. Plot relevant characters will also require the further step of ensuring and promising to be around for this RP, because if you end up not being a frequent enough poster, what's the use of having a plot relevant character? That said, I plan on being fairly lenient on the postings, with a minimum of two posts a week, though this will increase if your character ends up being fairly popular. Please, be consistent.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Application
[Note: I'm terrible with coding, so this is more of a skeleton sheet. Spruce it up as you will]

example image.jpg

Name: [Can include common alias, but don't get silly with it. None of those 'They call me Shadow Wolf ' types.]
[Like actual occupation, the exceptions being 'student' and 'unemployed', stuff like that]
Physical description: [Written area. One image on the side only. Preferably real, or realistic. Including notable physical characteristics, i.e. scars, tattoos, etc.]

General Psychological profile: [Likes, dislikes, personality, that kinda stuff. Again, refrain from edgy bullshit, please. If you want to have some psychopathic killer, at least phrase it in a particularly technical way, like you'd find from a psychiatrist's psych-eval.]
History:
Other:
[Sure, you can have theme songs and whatever. Personally, I'd prefer something to go along with the general spooky, mystery theme of the RP, but that's more of a vague suggestion out of personal tastes. Add whatever here.]

If you have any questions or concerns, PM me, or better yet, join the discord. There's a channel devoted specifically to character concepts and the like.
And remember: Be smart about all this.

Last edited:
Work In Progress

370063_windrunner1.jpg
Name: Justina Yang
Physical description: [Written area. One image on the side only. Preferably real, or realistic. Including notable physical characteristics, i.e. scars, tattoos, etc.]
General Psychological profile: [Likes, dislikes, personality, that kinda stuff. Again, refrain from edgy bullshit, please. If you want to have some psychopathic killer, at least phrase it in a particularly technical way, like you'd find from a psychiatrist's psych-eval.]
History:
Other: [Sure, you can have theme songs and whatever. Personally, I'd prefer something to go along with the general spooky, mystery theme of the RP, but that's more of a vague suggestion out of personal tastes. Add whatever here.]

Work In Progress

290992_windrunnerfinish.jpg
Name: Tiffany Hyun
History:
Other: [Sure, you can have theme songs and whatever. Personally, I'd prefer something to go along with the general spooky, mystery theme of the RP, but that's more of a vague suggestion out of personal tastes. Add whatever here.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back