[UPTOWNGODS] - July IC

screaming.virgo

A bit of a mess.
zgPHJ7F.png

-----------------------
Summer is in full swing. It's a breezy and beautiful day to hit the city.
Catch up with some friends (or enemies). Why not relax at a cafe?
The Annual GAIA Mid-Summer Fundraiser is next week, so if you
don't have your shopping done yet, now's a good a time as ever.
-----------------------
UPTOWNGODS|portal

Last edited:
[ooc. You do not need to be this fancy, also, I'm posting a plain text version in a spoiler at the bottom of the post :D]

[class=container] --main: #f1b3be; --accent: #8f2b63; position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 18.5em; height: 25em; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; background-color: var(--main); padding: 0.5em; box-shadow: 5px 5px 0px var(--accent); [/class] [class=pic] position: relative; width: 97%; height: 100%; color: #fff; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/2WL3gWR.png); background-size: 135%; text-align: left; [/class] [class=name] position: relative; width: auto; height: 1.5em; font-size: 1.5em; color: var(--accent); text-transform: lowercase; text-align: left; padding-top: 14em; font-weight: 700; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px white; overflow: hidden; padding-left: 1.5em; letter-spacing: 5px; [/class] [class name=name state=hover] padding-top: 1em; padding-bottom: 15em; background-color: var(--main); transition-duration: 0.3s; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; height: auto; color: var(--accent); overflow: visible; padding: 15px 5px 15px 5px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=circlepic] width: 5em; height: 5em; border-radius: 30em; margin-left: 2em; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/3NWByfR.png); background-size: 100%; margin-top: 1em; box-shadow: 3px 3px 0px var(--accent); transition-duration: 0.1s; [/class] [class name=circlepic state=hover] background: url(https://i.imgur.com/cPj6B9n.png); background-size: 150%; background-position: 30% 10%; transition-duration: 0.1s; [/class] [class=content] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 20em; height: 25em; color: #fff; padding-right: 2em; [/class] [class=postinfo] font-size: 0.5em; color: var(--accent); text-align: center; margin-left: -3em; line-height: 2em; text-shadow: 0.75px 0.75px 0px white; letter-spacing: 0em; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.25; [/class] [div class=container][div class=content] [div class=pic] [div class=name]
↓ persephone.
[div class=circlepic][/div]
[div class=postinfo]outfit: blouse, smart pants & loafers
mood: cheerful
Listening to: 'parallel lines' by blondie
Tag: Apollo; Arte; OPEN - bad wolf bad wolf ; ProphetessCassandra ProphetessCassandra ; OPEN [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=text]
'As Jason carried Cassandra across the threshold, she tangled her hands in his long, blonde hair. Her eyes gleaming as she studied his deep brown eyes as her new husband held her in his arms. Finally they we free from their families. Free to finally be together. Jason set her on the floor of their cottage a brushed a curtain of brown curls out of her eyes. “Finally, I have you as my wife. My true love, my balance.” He cupped her face in his strong hand. “I feel lucky to get to spend my every day with you.” Cassandra gravitated to her husband as - '

Kori heaved back into the chair and let out a frustrated sigh. A few heads at the library turned in her direction. She gave an apologetic look as she scooted her chair back into the desk and evaluated her work. Don’t get the wrong impression. Kori was very happy to be a part of a supportive creative writing circle. However, this week’s challenge was to write a romance short story - PG-13 recommended but in the words of their fearless group leader: “We’re all adults here”.

“I guess it’ll have to do,” she sighed as she hit ‘print’. She had already gone past her word count, but it was all in the hopes of being able to avoid playing out the final kiss moment most expect in a romance. Kori had hoped to have been able to spend a little more time on it, but it was the last day she could make it out to the city to work at the library. There was no way she was going to risk her mother catching her trying to write love scenes.

The printer spit out her short story and she carefully tucked the pages in her purse. Kori closed out her computer and left the library in search of someplace to eat. She had rushed down to the library following a meeting she had, two blocks away. Unfortunately, she had rushed out of the house before eating anything in order to avoid her mother. She wouldn’t agree to her daughter working in the city for anything less than “the opportunity of a lifetime” let alone taking interviews at a temp agency who may or may not have anything available. The upside was she now had some extra time to read and write to fill the time Demeter thought her child was working.

Her hands reached out to push open the glass door to a trendy, art cafe: The Lyre’s Chair. It was the kind of place she loved. Something new and exciting, but more importantly, different than the stale atmosphere at home. It was her turn to order. “A small black coffee please, and what sandwich do you recommend?”. A semi-nude painting caught her eyes to the left of the barista.
[/div] [/div][/div][div class=credit]code by sox[/div]

As Jason carried Cassandra across the threshold, she tangled her hands in his long, blonde hair. Her eyes gleaming as she studied his deep brown eyes as her new husband held her in his arms. Finally they we free from their families. Free to finally be together. Jason set her on the floor of their cottage a brushed a curtain of brown curls out of her eyes. “Finally, I have you as my wife. My true love, my balance.” He cupped her face in his strong hand. “I feel lucky to get to spend my every day with you.” Cassandra gravitated to her husband as -

Kori heaved back into the chair and let out a frustrated sigh. A few heads at the library turned in her direction. She gave an apologetic look as she scooted her chair back into the desk and evaluated her work. Don’t get the wrong impression. Kori was very happy to be a part of a supportive creative writing circle. However, this week’s challenge was to write a romance short story - PG-13 recommended but in the words of their fearless group leader: “We’re all adults here”.

“I guess it’ll have to do,” she sighed as she hit ‘print’. She had already gone past her word count, but it was all in the hopes of being able to avoid playing out the final kiss moment most expect in a romance. Kori had hoped to have been able to spend a little more time on it, but it was the last day she could make it out to the city to work at the library. There was no way she was going to risk her mother catching her trying to write love scenes.

The printer spit out her short story and she carefully tucked the pages in her purse. Kori closed out her computer and left the library in search of someplace to eat. She had rushed down to the library following a meeting she had, two blocks away. Unfortunately, she had rushed out of the house before eating anything in order to avoid her mother. She wouldn’t agree to her daughter working in the city for anything less than “the opportunity of a lifetime” let alone taking interviews at a temp agency who may or may not have anything available. The upside was she now had some extra time to read and write to fill the time Demeter thought her child was working.

Her hands reached out to push open the glass door to a trendy, art cafe: The Lyre’s Chair. It was the kind of place she loved. Something new and exciting, but more importantly, different than the stale atmosphere at home. It was her turn to order. “A small black coffee please, and what sandwich do you reccomend?”. A semi-nude painting caught her eyes to the left of the barista.

Last edited:
Ares
Ares had only been back in NYC for a few days since his last title defense. He still bore the bruises from the fight. He stepped into the elevator from his penthouse and punched the button for the garage. The prize fighter was dressed in designer jeans, a UFC t-shirt, and the newest Adidas sneakers.

The elevator beeped repetitively as it passed each of the many floors on its way to the garage. There was some big gala or something of the sort GAIA was hosting next week. Ares was going to get some coffee before getting fitted for a new suit. One of his cousins had recommended a little coffee shop called the Lyre's Chair.

The elevator stopped and Ares stepped out into the parking garage. Ares had his own private garage a few floors down, but he wasn't planning on driving today. It was easy to avoid press and paparazzi when one exited through the public garage.

Ares walked through the garage and exited onto the street. The little shop was only about a fifteen minute walk away.

Ares made it to the Lyre's Chair in great time as he wasn't stopped by fans and hit a few crosswalk signals just right. The champ entered the coffee shop and patiently waited until it was his turn to order.

"I'll take a latte with almond milk. Vanilla flavor please," Ares' voice was deep and warm, almost echoing through the shop.

Ares accepted his caffeinated beverage and looked around the room for a place to sit. He found one in the far corner. Ares had not been told that this place was an art cafe, but he admired the paintings as he enjoyed his beverage.

He then noticed the woman at the counter that was ordering, she had just come in shortly after he had sat down. She looked familiar somehow. Then, with a mental snap of his fingers he connected the dots. That was Persephone, Auntie Demeter's daughter. Ares guessed that made her his cousin. He had spent a lot of time away from his family recently and didn't know if she would recognize him in this random cafe.

Ares pulled his phone out from his pocket and started idly checking his social media accounts not knowing whether to flag down his relative or not.

Artemis
tumblr_inline_owyo8mmaY71u3u0uv_540.gif

Mood: Sleepy Interaction: screaming.virgo screaming.virgo
The sunlight danced along the sidewalk as Artemis Fitzgerald walked down the sidewalk in a bit of a daze. She had woken up earlier than she wanted. If it were up to her she would sleep in, but today she had a very important meeting to attend. She was placed in charge of trying to gain donations for the new habitat at the zoo. She had picked up a friend from work before making her way to the coffee shop. She placed the large animal carrier on the floor next to her as she looked at the menu. The carrier itself was covered with a blanket to keep the creature inside comfortable for their travel. Artemis wore her zoo logoed polo with a jacket over top. She had brushed on a very light dusting of make-up, which she normally never did.
"Good morning." She greeted the barista, "I will have a frappuccino with almond milk and no whip please."
Artemis paid and then pulled out her reusable straw as she waited for her drink to finish. She took her drink and put in the metal straw and took a long drink before picking up the carrier. She noticed two other people in the cafe, a young lady and a young man. Normally Artemis would avoid talking to people, but today she had a strange burst of confidence as if she had been in a similar situation.
"Good morning." She greeted the young lady, "What are you drinking this morning?"
The creature in carrier stirred, so Artemis bent over and checked to see what was happening.
"Sorry, Orion is being a little grumpy at the moment."
Artemis carefully opened the cage and pulled out a dhole puppy. A dhole is an endangered canid native to Central, South, East Asia, and Southeast Asia.
4274f720d6fabeb4a8f2beb5d3129c44.jpg

"There there, Orion, no need for fussing," Artemis cooed as the pup licked her cheek and nuzzled close.
"I am Artemis Fitzgerald, I work at the Brox zoo. I am not just some crazy lady carrying around wild animals."

nnkEWKm.jpg

Apollo Wallace Fitzgerald

"God of the Sun”

"I've come here every Friday for almost five years now, and I always order the same thing." There was a loud clap as the man in front of him slammed his palm against the marble counter. Starring at the hand and then slowly up at the man, Polly smiled at him with all the patience of closeted lunatic on the verge of a mental break. Did he look crazy? Because the tension he'd built up over the past ten minutes had him twitching. He could feel his eyes strain and water and he damn near split to join his crying co-worker in the back.

"I understand. We're sorry. I can make you a new cup of coffee, sir." He'd those words set to repeat every time the man spoke, adding a new spin to it each go around. The customer must have caught on, because he only narrowed his eyes further and ground his teeth together. Regardless, Polly was set on wearing him out with the same rehearsed stanza.

The man deflated slightly after a long and pointed looked.

Oh? "Fine." He relents! "Get to it." Hurrah!

Disappearing into the back, Polly nearly ran over his co-worker. She'd a cup in her outstretched hand and starred up at him with a damp and red face. She was trembling. "I'm so sorry. I don't- He was- Can I help?" She had her hand clamped firmly over her name-tag, the pin stretching the fabric of her shirt as she fidgeted with it.

Taking the cup from her, Polly gently pressed past as he made his way to the espresso machine. "Nah, hon. I got it." Starting the new cup, he cast her a glance as she tried to busy herself by cleaning the counters. "Hey..." He spoke softly after a moment. "This guy's a bonafide prick. He comes in most Fridays with every intention of ruining someone's day. It's just unlucky it had to be you." Smiling sympathetically, he leaned heavily to the side as he waited on the coffee and crossed his arms. "I don't think he was held enough as a child... Or maybe he got yelled at," Polly looked to the side in thought, seriously considering the suggestions. "Or he's just compensating?"

His co-worker snorted and that was reward enough. Finishing the coffee, Polly slapped a lid on it and ran it to the front. "Here you go, sir. Thank you for being so patient." I hope you choke on it. The man glared at him and left and Polly thought about how therapeutic it'd be to write this scene into his next play. Taking the next few orders, he set about distracting himself. As a regular strode forward in line, he sighed a bit in relief.

She(Kori) asked for his recommendation and Polly responded by starring blankly for a minute. He swore he could smell the grease from his own fried brain. Recalling the first sandwich on the menu, he blinked and named it. "It's first for a reason," he stated with a thin smile, exaggerating his enthusiasm by swinging his fist to the side in front of him. She could tell that was sarcasm, right? She saw through his charade, didn't she? Polly could only hope so.

Preparing the last few orders, he tapped the counter as his break came up and strung up his apron as he snuck out of the back to join his sister(Arte). She sat at one of the tables up front, talking to the regular who'd just ordered while cradling what looked to be a raccoon creature. Polly crinkled his nose and slowed his walking, having half the mind to turn around and spend his break outside. He'd talked to her about this, hadn't he? About the whole bringing wild animals thing to an art cafe? He had to have spoke to her. He had to have.

With a wary look and a long sigh, he continued forward. You own this. She's crazy but she's a related kind of crazy and that means there's no denying her. As he got closer, he could hear her talking. Come on, Arte! It's dog-shaped. Pass the beast off as a service pet or something. Be smart. Be sane.

"I am Artemis Fitzgerald, I work at the Bronx zoo."

Polly passed by the table completely, acting the part of a stranger. Walking farther back into the cafe, he tried looking for a seat he could stare at Arte from, someplace he could shoot her disapproving looks at while on the down low. It was mid-day and busy and most tables were taken, the only seats available at places someone already sat at. Pursing his lips, he settled with the idea of sitting with a stranger and plopped himself into the nearest empty chair.

"Ohh, hiya." He awkwardly grinned at the man(Ares) sitting across from him. "How's it going?"

mentions: kori ( screaming.virgo screaming.virgo ), arte ( ProphetessCassandra ProphetessCassandra ), ares ( DiamondJack DiamondJack ) || location: the lyre's chair

codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

Last edited:
[class=container] --main: #f1b3be; --accent: #8f2b63; position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 18.5em; height: 25em; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; background-color: var(--main); padding: 0.5em; box-shadow: 5px 5px 0px var(--accent); [/class] [class=pic] position: relative; width: 97%; height: 100%; color: #fff; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/2WL3gWR.png); background-size: 135%; text-align: left; [/class] [class=name] position: relative; width: auto; height: 1.5em; font-size: 1.5em; color: var(--accent); text-transform: lowercase; text-align: left; padding-top: 14em; font-weight: 700; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px white; overflow: hidden; padding-left: 1.5em; letter-spacing: 5px; [/class] [class name=name state=hover] padding-top: 1em; padding-bottom: 15em; background-color: var(--main); transition-duration: 0.3s; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; height: auto; color: var(--accent); overflow: visible; padding: 15px 5px 15px 5px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 12px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=circlepic] width: 5em; height: 5em; border-radius: 30em; margin-left: 2em; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/3NWByfR.png); background-size: 100%; margin-top: 1em; box-shadow: 3px 3px 0px var(--accent); transition-duration: 0.1s; [/class] [class name=circlepic state=hover] background: url(https://i.imgur.com/cPj6B9n.png); background-size: 150%; background-position: 30% 10%; transition-duration: 0.1s; [/class] [class=content] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 20em; height: 25em; color: #fff; padding-right: 2em; [/class] [class=postinfo] font-size: 0.5em; color: var(--accent); text-align: center; margin-left: -3em; line-height: 2em; text-shadow: 0.75px 0.75px 0px white; letter-spacing: 0em; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 12px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.25; [/class] [div class=container][div class=content] [div class=pic] [div class=name]
↓ persephone.
Listening to: 'parallel lines' by blondie
Tag: Apollo; Arte; Ares - bad wolf bad wolf ; ProphetessCassandra ProphetessCassandra ; DiamondJack DiamondJack [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=text]
"It's first for a reason" Somehow the weak smile and mischievous twinkle in the barista’s eye didn’t convince her. “Maybe just the coffee and maybe you have a recommendation for another place to eat?” Lately, Kori was feeling a confidence boost, thus propelling her to make some bolder choices. She wasn’t sure there was much harm in offering conversation to a barista she saw on a regular basis.

Kori smiled to herself as she carried her mug of coffee to a table for two off to the side. Across the cafe was a man she recognized vaguely. It had been a while since she’d seen her cousin, Ares the famed MMA fighter. She caught eyes with him and smiled and gave a wave of acknowledgement, just as a young woman plopped across from her at the table, resting a cat carrier on the floor. Kori loved cats.

“Good morning. What are you drinking this morning?” A young Kori, or even a last week Kori, would find such direct communication from a stranger jarring. However, today Kori saw something powerful about this woman. “Just a black coffee at the moment.” She eyed her companion’s blended drink - there’s no way she would ever have been allowed to drink anything like that. The cat stirred in the carrier and her new friend bent down to check on it. “Sorry, Orion is being a little grumpy at the moment. There there, Orion, no need for fussing,” she said as she took the cat out of the carrier.

No. Not a cat. Definitely not a cat. Whatever Orion was, he was so cute!

"I am Artemis Fitzgerald, I work at the Bronx zoo. I am not just some crazy lady carrying around wild animals.” Kori laughed. “I’m Kori. The occupation puts things into context, however it’s wild that you are indeed carrying wild animals around manhattan.” She sipped her coffee smiling. Maybe she wasn’t so lost at making friends. “So where are you and Orion off to today?”

"It's first for a reason," Somehow the weak smile and mischievous twinkle in the barista’s eye didn’t convince her. “Maybe just the coffee and maybe you have a recommendation for another place to eat?” Lately, Kori was feeling a confidence boost, thus propelling her to make some bolder choices. She wasn’t sure there was much harm in offering conversation to a barista she saw on a regular basis.

Kori smiled to herself as she carried her mug of coffee to a table for two off to the side. Across the cafe was a man she recognized vaguely. It had been a while since she’d seen her cousin, Ares the famed MMA fighter. She caught eyes with him and smiled and gave a wave of acknowledgement, just as a young woman plopped across from her at the table, resting a cat carrier on the floor. Kori loved cats.

“Good morning. What are you drinking this morning?” A young Kori, or even a last week Kori, would find such direct communication from a stranger jarring. However, today Kori saw something powerful about this woman. “Just a black coffee at the moment.” She eyed her companion’s blended drink - there’s no way she would ever have been allowed to drink anything like that. The cat stirred in the carrier and her new friend bent down to check on it. “Sorry, Orion is being a little grumpy at the moment. There there, Orion, no need for fussing,” she said as she took the cat out of the carrier.

No. Not a cat. Definitely not a cat. Whatever Orion was, he was so cute!

"I am Artemis Fitzgerald, I work at the Bronx zoo. I am not just some crazy lady carrying around wild animals.” Kori laughed. “I’m Kori. The occupation puts things into context, however it’s wild that you are indeed carrying wild animals around manhattan.” She sipped her coffee smiling. Maybe she wasn’t so lost at making friends. “So where are you and Orion off to today?”

Last edited:
Ares
Ares caught Persephone's smile and returned one before the lady with the cat carrier seemed to take Persephone's attention away. Suddenly the employee that had taken Ares' order sat down across from him and struck up a conversation. Before Ares responded he studied the young man before him, something was familiar about him, but Ares couldn't put his finger on it.

"How's it going?" asked the cafe employee.

"I'm a little banged up, but I'm feeling pretty good," Ares replied.

The man seemed distracted. Ares followed his eyes to the table where Persephone and the apparent zookeeper were sitting. Ares chuckled and looked back to the young man before him. "Do you know them, or are you just an admirer?" Ares said with a raised eyebrow. Ares laughed again and extended his hand, "Name's Ares, and you?"

bad wolf bad wolf

nnkEWKm.jpg

"God of the Sun”

"I'm a little banged up, but I'm feeling pretty good."

Polly bobbed his head in response, turning his attention very slowly to the stranger seated next to him. He hadn't really looked the man over before taking his seat and, focused now, Apollo felt his heart quicken a little. Tall and muscular and just the slightest bit familiar to him, he could feel his anxiety start to kick in, take the reins and pull a fast one on him. Crossing one leg over the other, he tried relaxing into his chair a little, clasping both hands together in his lap.

As the man diverted his focus back to his sister's table, he considered the question. "Bit of both, I think." He knew his sister and was, in a sense, admiring of the regular he'd took an order from. He could pretend to be salty about her response earlier but was more so just delighted to know his sarcasm wasn't lost on everyone. It made him feel more present. He wasn't just another barista at your local cafe; he was that asshole barista at The Lyre's Chair. He'd a bit of character now and that made him visible or, in the very least, better than the floor mat the customer this morning had treated him as.

As the man introduced himself, Apollo smiled brightly and shook his hand. He swept through the numbing blur that was his memories from L.A. and furrowed his brows when the name yielded him nothing. You know him. Where do you know him from?

"Apollo," he replied, waving a finger between the two of them. "Seems we've a running theme here. That's one hell of a coincidence, isn't it?" Though he'd no personal connections to the country outside of his namesake, Apollo had never felt more Greek in his life. "Suppose the effect loses its draw when I tell you I go by Polly." He laughed slightly. "It's nice to meet you."

Settled back into his chair, he cast another look over the dining area, still assessing the situation with Arte and the regular. He wasn't quiet for long, though. Inhaling sharply, his curiosity piqued. "You look familiar," he stated. A famous kind of familiar. Already, he could feel the anticipation of a networking opportunity creep slowly in. "Have we met somewhere?"

mentions: kori ( screaming.virgo screaming.virgo ), arte ( ProphetessCassandra ProphetessCassandra ), ares ( DiamondJack DiamondJack ) || location: the lyre's chair

Artemis
giphy.gif

Mood: Annoyed Interactions: Polly bad wolf bad wolf , Kori screaming.virgo screaming.virgo Ares DiamondJack DiamondJack
Artemis gave Kori a smile as she slipped Orion a treat and then put him carefully back into his carrier. She could feel her brother shooting arrows at her with his eyes. Why was it any of his business to what she was doing? It was so annoying. She was tempted to stick her tongue out at him as she used to when they were little. The temptation was strong, but she quelled it by returning to her conversation with the lovely Kori.

"We have a meeting with the G.A.I.A. company to raise money for the new exhibit in the zoo. Have you heard of them?"

Arte could no longer stand it. She smiled again at Kori, "I am sorry. Please excuse me for a second."
Artemis turned in her seat and shot a look at Apollo.

"Rather than staring at me from ACROSS the cafe, you and your new friend could come over here, Polly."

Artemis was seriously annoyed at her brother. He was judging her from afar for having animals with her again. She could not help it. It was part of her job. Also...she had chosen this cafe because Apollo worked there. She had hoped he would not get her into trouble if the animal she had chosen to bring with her acted up. Besides, it was fairly close to G.A.IA. headquarters.

"I apologize for my brother rudely staring at us..." Arte address Kori.

nnkEWKm.jpg

"God of the Sun”

Turned slightly toward Ares, Polly felt the anticipation of his answer set his body in motion. He started fidgeting uncomfortably, uncrossing one knee so that he could cross the other and tapping his fingers over the grated table. Bitting at the inside of his cheek, he cast another look over the dining area, trying to focus on the details in slight distraction.

At the end of the day, The Lyre's Chair was as standard a café as any other in New York City. It had all the appearances of something high-class, but the truth was that the only thing setting this place apart from the rest was its aesthetics. The barista's here were all washed up and worn out, and the coffee tasted just the same as the café around the block. Polly thought it a slight shame that they couldn't find people as passionate about paintings and music to work here as the owners. The place was rather pretty, cast in a bronze glow and inviting from the outside looking in.

As Arte finally called him out on his behavior, Polly sighed and turned toward Ares. "Sister o' mine is calling," he interjected. "It was nice meeting you." Shooting Ares a small smile, Polly stood to join his sister.

Crossing the dinning room toward the table was no mere feat. He felt his heart pound faster in his chest and his hair stand on end the closer he came. It's a freaking baby, whatever it is. He eyed the crate suspiciously. It's harmless. There was no hiding how uncomfortable he was around the table but, instead of admitting to his fear of whatever creature hid in the crate, Polly smiled sheepishly as he exchanged a look between Arte and the regular. "Sorry." He breathed out a small laugh and stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Didn't want to interrupt whatever," he gestured vaguely, "this is."

He shifted his weight from side to side and pressed his lips together in a firm line. "Arte," he continued, "Thanks for coming." Looking towards the regular very briefly, he considered apologizing for his attitude when taking her order and thought better of it.

The moment's passed. Live and let die, friendo.

Instead, he offered her as genuine a smile as he could muster and waited for Arte's response.

Last edited:
[class=container] --main: #f1b3be; --accent: #8f2b63; position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 18.5em; height: 25em; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; background-color: var(--main); padding: 0.5em; box-shadow: 5px 5px 0px var(--accent); [/class] [class=pic] position: relative; width: 97%; height: 100%; color: #fff; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/2WL3gWR.png); background-size: 135%; text-align: left; [/class] [class=name] position: relative; width: auto; height: 1.5em; font-size: 1.5em; color: var(--accent); text-transform: lowercase; text-align: left; padding-top: 14em; font-weight: 700; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px white; overflow: hidden; padding-left: 1.5em; letter-spacing: 5px; [/class] [class name=name state=hover] padding-top: 1em; padding-bottom: 15em; background-color: var(--main); transition-duration: 0.3s; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; height: auto; color: var(--accent); overflow: visible; padding: 15px 5px 15px 5px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 12px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=circlepic] width: 5em; height: 5em; border-radius: 30em; margin-left: 2em; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/3NWByfR.png); background-size: 100%; margin-top: 1em; box-shadow: 3px 3px 0px var(--accent); transition-duration: 0.1s; [/class] [class name=circlepic state=hover] background: url(https://i.imgur.com/cPj6B9n.png); background-size: 150%; background-position: 30% 10%; transition-duration: 0.1s; [/class] [class=content] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 20em; height: 25em; color: #fff; padding-right: 2em; [/class] [class=postinfo] font-size: 0.5em; color: var(--accent); text-align: center; margin-left: -3em; line-height: 2em; text-shadow: 0.75px 0.75px 0px white; letter-spacing: 0em; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 12px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.25; [/class] [div class=container][div class=content] [div class=pic] [div class=name]
↓ persephone.
in her walkman: 'parallel lines' by blondie
tag: Apollo; Arte; Ares - bad wolf bad wolf ; ProphetessCassandra ProphetessCassandra ; DiamondJack DiamondJack [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=text]
"We have a meeting with the G.A.I.A. company to raise money for the new exhibit in the zoo. Have you heard of them?" Kori was very aware of G.A.I.A. Both her mother and her aunt Hestia had positions with the organization. She herself spent some time temping whenever opportunities cropped up. She smiled at her new friend and Orion. “I have, and I know some friendly faces there that will just adore Orion.”

Artemis seemed to be a bosom friend and they were having a great conversation when she apologized to her and turned over the back of her chair and bellowed across the cafe. "Rather than staring at me from ACROSS the cafe, you and your new friend could come over here, Polly." She was talking to the barista who served Kori earlier. He was sitting with Ares and Kori wondered if the pair were friends. But how did Artemis know him?

"I apologize for my brother rudely staring at us..." Oh! Kori’s eyes widened with this new information. “Of course! I mean, I don’t mind.” She looked over to Polly, who was standing out of his chair, presumably following his sister’s command. “What I mean is I didn’t think he was being rude.”

Though, Polly was now standing at the table, semi sheepishly. The only similarities that Kori could tell between the siblings was this fiery underbelly that she was a little afraid of disturbing. He chatted with his sister and turned his gaze to Kori, who smiled back and promptly looked at her shoes. “Was it Polly?” Kori extended her hand to the young man. “Artemis was just telling me all kinds of scandalous things about you,” a coy wink towards her friend punctuated her introduction.

"We have a meeting with the G.A.I.A. company to raise money for the new exhibit in the zoo. Have you heard of them?" Kori was very aware of G.A.I.A. Both her mother and her aunt Hestia had positions with the organization. She herself spent some time temping whenever opportunities cropped up. She smiled at her new friend and Orion. “I have, and I know some friendly faces there that will just adore Orion.”

Artemis seemed to be a bosom friend and they were having a great conversation when she apologized to her and turned over the back of her chair and bellowed across the cafe. "Rather than staring at me from ACROSS the cafe, you and your new friend could come over here, Polly." She was talking to the barista who served Kori earlier. He was sitting with Ares and Kori wondered if the pair were friends. But how did Artemis know him?

"I apologize for my brother rudely staring at us..." Oh! Kori’s eyes widened with this new information. “Of course! I mean, I don’t mind.” She looked over to Polly, who was standing out of his chair, presumably following his sister’s command. “What I mean is I didn’t think he was being rude.”

Though, Polly was now standing at the table, semi sheepishly. The only similarities that Kori could tell between the siblings was this fiery underbelly that she was a little afraid of disturbing. He chatted with his sister and turned his gaze to Kori, who smiled back and promptly looked at her shoes. “Was it Polly?” Kori extended her hand to the young man. “Artemis was just telling me all kinds of scandalous things about you,” a coy wink towards her friend punctuated her introduction.

Users who are viewing this thread