• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

UPDATED 4/23 - Lesbians and mountain men and mermaids oh my! (FxF MxM, MxF pairings.)

Tryss

One Thousand Club
For update look at the tabs titled "more characters" and "plots".

Hello all! Below I have dropped a few of my characters, ones I’ve been dying to use. If you have any interest in brainstorming with me to create a plot around one (or more) of your characters, and one (or more) of mine, let me know!

About me:

Hi! My name is Tryss. I’ve been RPing for years, and as such, I like to think I have a decent grasp of the English vocabulary. My grammar is not, by any means, perfect, but I do try my best.

I am 27 years old, and as such, I will not RP with anyone under 18, ever. To be entirely frank, I much prefer that my partners are over 20, but 18 is my absolute limit.

I am a detailed RPer, most of my posts are between 6-25 paragraphs. (Paragraphs = 5 sentences minimum. Although occasionally I’ll do a one sentence or one word paragraph, I won’t count that into my final tally.) However, if I’m super in the zone, I’ve been known to send posts as long as 70 paragraphs.

I do not expect you to match my length. I do expect that you give me something to work with, however, in all of your posts.

My schedule fluctuates, sometimes I’m on all day, sometimes I’m only one long enough to send one post. I will always tell you if I’m going to disappear for a long period of time (longer than 24 hours) and I would appreciate if you’d return the kindness.

If I’m unable to continue an RP I will let you know. I would appreciate you to show me the same kindness.

What I expect of you:

I’m looking solely for detailed RPers. Every post must be a bare minimum of 4 paragraphs.

You will not control my character. I’ve had people decide they can just pick my character up and take them places. No, I’m sorry, my characters are largely either independent or damaged. They aren’t going to hold still while your character does that.

We are going to plot together. I don’t want a partner that’s going to decide to throw out random surprises without ever consulting me. No, your character cannot walk up to mine and start throwing out accusations of past wrongs unless you want me to refute them. Because if I didn’t agree to something happening, as far as I’m concerned, it didn’t happen.

If you’ve made it this far, then congratulations. Please read through the rules and the limits before you contact me.

rules

I will not under any circumstances take this RP off site.

I will not RP any sort of sex scene.

I will not plan a pairing with you. If romance happens, I like for it to be organic.

I much prefer PMs to 1x1 threads, but I will do a thread if I’m intrigued enough.
Limits

I will not do any form of incest. This includes step siblings and foster siblings as well.

I will not do a romance if the age gap is too much. 5 years is just about my limit.

I will not do any form of sexual violence. If it’s part of your character’s backstory, fine, but keep it mature and realistic. I’ve seen some pretty weird shit on here.

I will not play a character under the age of 17. I think it’s odd, and I don’t like it.
Characters
Name: Mort (Surname unknown)

Species: Human

Appearance: Rugged, unshaven and muscular, Mort looks like the sort of character you wouldn’t want to cross. Standing at 6’3, and built like a linebacker to say he’s intimidating is a vast understatement. His green eyes are hard, his gaze seems to peer straight through whatever they focus on. His skin is wrinkled and weathered far beyond his years. Once upon a time he’d been white, now his skin has a far more copper tone to it.

Background: He’s lived up in the mountains for the past 26 years, the house he lives in he built with his own two hands. The clothes he wears he made from the skins of animals. The food he eats he either grows or kills himself. Everything in his home has been fashioned from scratch. His rough hands and many scars are a testament to the long winters, rough summers, and the overall plight of living on one’s own.

Mort’s father was a survivalist who taught his son everything he needed to know to survive in the rough terrain of the mountains. At the age of 16, Mort could no longer justify staying in the city where he’d be forced to find a career, and work endless hours for a house he knew how to build, and food he knew how to gather and prepare on his own.

He ran away, presumed dead four years later, the police stopped looking. His father never did, but he never did find him.

Personality: If you listen to the legends that the people who live in the town just below the mountain spin, you’d be persuaded to believe that Mort is a monster. Thirteen years prior, a group of hikers crossed his path. Armed with a hatchet he was using to gather small branches, and dressed in nothing more than animal skins, he managed to frighten them away before ever getting the chance to speak with them.

Their terrifying tale of a blade-wielding wild-man morphed into the things of nightmares.

In one version he’s a wizard who casts spells upon those unlucky enough to cross his path. In another he’s a real-life Tarzan with bears and cougars as friends. In yet another he’s a runaway thief, living out his years in the mountains to escape the long arm of justice.

No one really believes those.

No, they believe something far worse.

The most popular story is that the mountain man is a serial killer. A madman who feasts on the flesh of the innocent as they cross him. He sneaks down from the mountain and steals people away from their homes. He chops them up, eats them, and throws the bones to the animals.

Every year children are challenged by friends and enemies alike to venture up the mountain for a peak at the Wildman gone serial killer. Three children in the past five years have disappeared, never to be seen again, this has only served to cement the gruesome beliefs of the locals. No one ever considered that perhaps the children were lost in the more than 300 miles of wild terrain, or attacked by wildlife.

In truth, Mort is a kind soul, and while he has no humans to speak to, that doesn’t make him quiet. He’ll speak to anything that’ll listen from trees to birds to other random wildlife. He’s only ever come across one group of humans, and while they ran quickly, he would have much preferred if they would have stayed to chat for a while.

Skills: Mort is a skilled survivalist. Everything he owns he’s fashioned himself, and while he’s absolute shit at human interaction, he can read the skies and the animals as easily as most can read a book.

Weak points: Mort hasn’t spoken to another human in 26 years, and has all but forgotten his manners altogether. While he’s friendly enough, he has very little idea of how to interact with humans politely. He can’t read, he’s forgotten how entirely. He hasn’t been down from the mountain for more than half his life, he doesn’t understand technology, and has never even seen a cellphone. He’s entirely forgotten that money was even a thing, and to be entirely honest, he has no concept of personal space.

Name: Anduin James

Species: Shifter

Appearance: With short cropped brown hair, and a five o’clock shadow, Anduin looks like a very normal human. He’s muscular (although constantly shifting from one form to the next will do that) and tall, causing him to be classified as ‘handsome’ by most. At 6’1 he stands rather tall.

Personality:Anduin is uncharacteristically kind. So much so, that his sexuality has come into question many a time by some of the more macho of pack members. He’s poetic, in a calm sort of manner, and quiet.

Anduin has never been a fan of terrorizing humans. He finds himself taking pity upon them, not knowing exactly why, but knowing that they deserve better than simply being hunted for the fun of it.

Anduin is quiet, he’s a bit of an artist. He enjoys painting and drawing as pastimes. Something that earns him quite a bit of guff from the other members.

If it weren’t for his sheer size, and his ability to fight – even if he doesn’t always want to – he probably would have been disposed of by now.

Background:Anduin’s family is ashamed of him. He’s seen as weak among the others. His affinity for the written word and the arts in general has earned him the title of ‘dandy’. Many of his fellow members believe him to be gay, and as such, he has a very hard time fitting in.

His parents have all but shunned him.

His brothers have risen through the ranks, and refuse to claim him as their own, often lying and telling the other members of the pack that he was found as a pup, and their parents simply took him in.

Name:Unknown

Codename:John Doe

Nickname:Johnny

Age:Unknown (Somewhere between late teens and early twenties is his best guess.)

Species: Human-ish. A mutant maybe? Someone with pretty useless powers.

Height:5'9 (175.25 cm)

Weight:157lbs (71 kg)

Appearance:Johnny has dark brown eyes and long black dreads that are a bit shocking against his pale skin. Despite spending virtually all his time outside, he doesn't tan well. He burns occasionally, but he doesn't get dark. He's lean and muscular from spending his life - or what he can remember of it - on the streets. His long hair is trapped in dozens of dreadlocks that he keeps pulled back and away from his face.

Johnny wears anything he finds at either Goodwill or in lost and found bins that fit. His recent favorite is a white tank top paired with a tattered pairs of jeans. He doesn't wear shoes unless absolutely necessary, although he keeps them on his person. They're a black pair of tennis shoes he found at walmart for nine dollars on sale.

He carries a green backpack with him. It's ragged, but he's patched up the few holes there were. It has obviously been rode hard and put up wet. It's filthy, but he doesn't seem to care.

Personality: Johnny has a lot of reasons to be bitter. He has no idea who he is. His arms and back are littered with scars, but he's unsure of how he got them. Despite this, he can remember literally everything else that he comes in contact with.

He doesn't choose to be angry though. He chooses to be at peace. It's something he works very hard to maintain. He meditates for two hours every morning and one hour every evening. He meets anger and violence with love and acceptance.

He understands that all life has value, and because of that, he is a vegan.

Despite his outlook on life, he has a hair-trigger temper. He's in control, but when pushed too far, he becomes very dangerous very fast.

History: Johnny has no idea what kind of life he's lived so far. He only knows that in the last six months, he's done everything he can to make every second count. He doesn't know how or when he looses his memory, just that it happens.

Family: Unknown

Friends: Johnny makes friends with anyone and everyone that will allow him to. Recently he's become quite close with a seven year old boy whose mother works two jobs, and father walked out on them. He met him at the skate park. Johnny had showed him that he was standing on his skateboard wrong. It had started off as him showing him how to properly use it, and turned into a five hour experience in which the boy wound up breaking down. Johnny comforted him, and told him to come back the next day. They've been close for about two months now.

Johnny's current best friend (with benefits) is a twenty year old woman by the name of Kayla. She's got a unique view on life that Johnny likes to explore...among other things.

Ability: Johnny can remember everything he's ever seen, read or heard.

Johnny can remember everything he's ever seen, read or heard. Unfortunately, his memory of everything revolving around himself resets every six months. He can still remember every word of every book he ever read as a child, but he can't remember what country he grew up in. He doesn't know what his parents looked like, or what their voices sounded like. This has led to a terrible feeling of being alone.

Limits: Every six months he forgets everything that pertains to his life.

History of Ability: Johnny doesn't know it but the ability is genetic. He got it from his father.

Skills: Just because Johnny KNOWS how to do everything, doesn't mean that he CAN do everything. For example, he understands how the drums are supposed to be played. He's read books on it, and seen it done a million times. However, in practice, he's terrible.

Johnny is particularly good at guitar, sewing, skateboarding and gardening.

Weapons: His fists. He's very skilled in several forms of self defense.

Name: Aleksander (Sasha) Ivkin

Sexual orientation: Pansexual (He stays out of relationships for the most part.)

Appearance:

Aleksander has a rather grungy appearance to him. He wears band t-shirts and ripped jeans almost exclusively. His hair is caught in dreadlocks. His skin is dark. His eyes are dark brown almost black. He’s muscular, and works out almost obsessively.

Employment/school:

Sasha is currently employed as a Biomolecular Engineer at a local biotechnology industry by the name of EcoGreen. He leads a small research and development team. They’re trying to forage new paths to cleaner living in first world countries. It’s a slow process, but they’ve recently made a breakthrough that could be game changing for everyone.

His resume is impressive, and he gets paid top dollar for what he does. Despite this, his coven master demanded three quarters of his earnings, while offering no help with Sasha’s bills. This put Sasha in a very poor financial situation. He found himself just barely able to scrape by.

Because of this, Sasha often dodged his bills, and defaulted on his student loans. His credit is complete shit, and his debt is crushing.

Personality:

Sasha is an out-of-the-box kind of thinker, it’s why he’s in the field he’s in. He’s able to lead great thinkers as they make breakthroughs in technology.

That being said, he approaches every aspect of his life with logic. In his mind, most things can be explained scientifically, and if something can’t, it’s only because science hasn’t quite caught up with reality. (After all, humans and supernatural beings alike have been working to achieve that for centuries.)

While Sasha is a forward thinker, and has become wildly successful in his field of employment, that same success does not transfer over to other aspects of his life.

Sasha doesn’t much care for matters of the heart. Feelings and emotions confuse him. For this reason he tends to stay out of romantic relationships as he doesn’t fully understand how they work.

He much prefers science and machinery to humans and human contact in general. He’s more than capable of staying up all night working a formula, but he can barely carry on a conversation for longer than ten minutes.

Sasha blames this on how unpredictable human contact can be. While there’s always a cause for a problem when it comes to machines, and always a fix to be applied; when it comes to humans, sometimes there’s fix at all, and that terrifies him.

Sasha grew up in a loving household. He was exceptionally close to his father and three of his six siblings. He developed a love for animals during his childhood, which never quite left. He still finds himself drawn to dogs and llamas.

Background:

Sasha was born in 1860. His parents were poor farmers living in Ireland. They’d migrated from Russia at great risk to themselves, but wanted to escape the poor living conditions. They didn’t realize they’d be jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan. Nothing changed. They were still just as poor. Their kids still suffered from illnesses that they still couldn’t afford to treat. Two of their children died of disease. A third would have as well, had a seven year old Sasha not managed to collect a very specific cocktail of plants and made a home-made medicine that actually worked. His parents were over the moon, but were careful not to out him, as they thought the other villagers might take him for a witch and burn him at the stake.

(They saw him for what he was, a very bright young boy with a gift in healing and sciences.)

His parents became convinced that Sasha would be the one to pull them from poverty.

That unfortunately was the case, though not in the way they had planned.

A man happened upon their home in the middle of the night. He took well to Aleksander…perhaps too well. The next morning he offered his mother a substantial amount of money is exchange for her son. At first she was appalled, and demanded he leave their home. However, once it came to light that he was a warlock and intended to teach Aleksander the craft, she agreed.

She swore the reason for her actions was to improve Aleksander’s life, but everyone in the room knew she was lying. Sasha wasn’t sure why she bothered with the flimsy front.

Sasha’s training was long and brutal. He spent a full century with his master before he was accepted into the coven.

He’d been allowed to grow to the age of 28 before his master cast a spell upon him preserving his youth and his life eternally. It’s a sort of pseudo-immortality. He’ll never die on his own. He’ll never get sick. But he can be murdered. However, his murderer will have to have an intimate knowledge of warlocks as there are only two ways to kill him.

Sasha quickly ascended the ranks in his coven, becoming the second in command within one hundred twenty years. A feat previously unheard of. He was a favorite of his master’s for decades. That is, until he crossed the man. He’d cast a memory loss spell on an unfortunate woman who happened upon their coven and allowed her to flee. A crime deemed unforgivable by all in the coven. Law dictated that she should have been killed. Sasha hadn’t had the heart.

He was cast out of the coven and left to fend for himself. He managed to find an apartment, and delved into his human cover. He had been employed with EcoGreen for nearly a decade at this point, and had been leading a team of researchers for nearly two years. He submerged into his human identity, and has yet to come up for air.

Other:

Sasha has a love for all things Victorian. From homes, to literature, to fashion, he’s quite obsessed.

Despite being of logical mind, he dresses and acts much like a punk rocker. His punk look is complete with long dreads that he loves more than anything else. He’s very chill, and enjoys time to himself. He doesn’t let small things bother him, and probably should think more about money than he does.

Sasha is grossed out by milk.

He's a devout carnivore, and is fairly certain all things green are poisonous. He hasn't touched a vegetable in years, and doesn't intend to anytime soon.

His favorite foods are pizza and steak. Sometimes together.

He eats more than any one person ever should, and doesn’t drink enough. (Unless you could alcohol. He drinks plenty of that.)

Updated 4/23

More Characters

Name: Alison Greyson

Species: Human (Witch’s apprentice)

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Appearance:

Alison is of obvious Mexican decent. With high cheek bones, an uncharacteristically small nose, and a tiny frame, she’s often described as a knock-out. Her hair is long, and while it has a natural wave to it, she usually straightens it.

Employment: Witch’s apprentice, in her last year of apprenticeship, she’s on her own, working for the public.

Power: Alison is particularly gifted in potions and necromancy. She’s not very good at shape-shifting, deception, or exorcism.

Personality:

Alison is soft-spoken and often described as having no backbone at all. She’s timid, and more often than not, likely to run from a fight. She’s easily swayed, and far too trusting of a person.

Background:

At a young age Alison was very sick. Her parents were desperate to heal her, and after many a failed doctor visit, it was suggested that they seek the help of a witch. With very little to their names they went in fully prepared to offer up everything they had.

The witch in question agreed to heal her, but the price was steep.

Alison possessed a unique ability, she was one of the very few humans able to be trained as a witch. Jess, having never had an apprentice was intrigued.

Her parents, desperate to save her life agreed.

Other:

Alison loves almost every animal there is.

Despite being vastly underweight, she has a hard time gaining weight.

Alison is a vegan.

Name: Sage Grahm

Species: Lycanthrope (Lion)

Age: Body – 21 True – 400-ish (She’s unsure. Who keeps track?)

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Appearance: Sage is Japanese. She’s tiny in stature, not even five feet tall, and barely one hundred pounds, she’s often described as ‘cute’. Sage has come to accept that she will forever look like a pre-teen.

Personality: Sage has an explosive temper. Known for violent outbursts and very little else, most that know her know not to cross her. She’s Queen Bee, an absolute bitch. Her walls are so far up, she’s forgotten what it’s like not to have them around. She’s angry, she’s snarky, and she’s sarcastic. It’ll take a lot to break through the barriers, but it can be done.

Background: Sage will never admit to anything. When asked about her past she’s likely to make something up.

At the age of twenty-one while on a camping trip with her boyfriend, she was attacked. He didn’t make it. She was only scratched. Four days later she came down with a terrible fever, she was sure it was the end of things, and was almost glad for that. When she changed, she found herself feeling more alive as a lion than she ever had as a human.

Now her days are spent waiting for her next change.

Other:

Sage refuses to get close to anyone. She’s likely to push people away, terrified that they’ll leave the same way her boyfriend had.

Sage hate her name with a passion.

She’s looking for a clan (pard) to take her in, and she’s willing to play nice long enough to get in.

Name: Stone Gale

Species: Lycanthrope (Wolf)

Sexual Orientation: Unsure. Pan maybe? He’s attracted to just about everyone.

Appearance: Stone is tall, and while not muscular, he’s certainly not fat nor lanky. His muscles are small, but there. His skin is black. His hair is usually kept shaved down to almost nothing. His eyes are green.

Employment: Stone is a psychiatrist.

Personality: Stone is calm, quiet and thoughtful. He’s often described as philosophical. He lives to help those around him, sometimes at great cost to himself. He’s intelligent to the extreme, but has a unique way of making those around him not feel inferior or stupid. He’s soft-spoken and easy going, most people that know him have never seen him angry.

Background: Stone is a pureblood. His parents were doting to the extreme. He never wanted for anything. His father often joked that he was the crowned prince of the Gale’s.

At the age of 13, his father was killed by hunters. Stone spent the rest of his teenage years being angry and destructive. He became addicted to drugs, he became an alcoholic. He started sleeping with anyone and everyone.

It wasn’t until he was nineteen that he was able to see a problem and fix it.

Other:

Stone works almost exclusively with troubled youths.

He is afraid of real relationships, he’s afraid of commitment.

Name: Emily Grace

Species: Mermaid

Sexual Orientation: Lesbian

Appearance: Emily is blonde, her skin is pale, her eyes are pools of bright blue. Her frame is delicate and lanky, taller and longer than most females.

Employment:Undecided

Personality: Emily is thick-headed. She’s defiant to the extreme. She doesn’t want anything to do with any form of authority. She has extremely low self-esteem that she hides by acting overly confident.

Background: See Mermaid plot. This shit is complicated.

Other: Emily doesn’t remember anything, and in order to seem less strange, she’s likely to make up a backstory when asked.

Plots

Mermaids

Emily Grace is the daughter of a crab fisherman. She’s never really known him, he’s been gone throughout most of her life. Emily had lived with her mother until the age of 16, when she passed far too early. Cancer claimed her mother, and she was sent to live with her father, on his god-forsaken ship.

She was with him for three months before a storm hit and she was tossed overboard. She should have drown, after all, she can’t swim.

However, she was pulled into a portal, where she underwent a change.

Her legs became an elegant tail, she grew gills, and suddenly she was in a world where Mermaids lived side by side with sea creatures. Worst of all, there wasn’t a human in sight. In fact, there wasn’t any land at all in sight.

Expecting something straight out of a Disney movie, she’s sorely mistaken. This place is in utter turmoil. The Mer-people are warriors, and they’re at war. It’s kill or be killed. It’s a thrill. It’s a rush. It’s utterly intoxicating.

So far away from home, Emily is feeling more like herself, as a completely different creature than she ever had before.

Witches

Alison is a witch’s apprentice working on her own for the last year of her training. She works with the public (a public who is very aware of the existence of supernatural creatures). She wields all the powers of the Earth, creating potions that are…meaningless and boring.

She makes aging housewives beautiful again.

She brings husbands and wives back to life so family members can ask trivial questions, before she lays them back to rest.

She works with the legal system administering truth serum to criminals and witnesses alike.

It’s dull, it’s drab, it’s fucking boring, and she needs an escape.

Lycanthropes

I’m down for playing our characters out in both a world in which the humans are aware, and are not aware of their presence.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Love your characters. Is it bad I think Johnny should keep Journals and read them and then remember? hahaha. Will send you a message in a bit.)

Janice said:
(Love your characters. Is it bad I think Johnny should keep Journals and read them and then remember? hahaha. Will send you a message in a bit.)
Interesting that you say that!

Johnny does keep a journal! (But he lost it.)

I look forward to it!

Unfortunately, I do not have private messaging quite yet (new member - NOT new to roleplaying in any way). But I have about a billion ideas running through my head for your character Mort and how to work him into a story. Is there another way to contact you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back