• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Unspoken [Aspy Ink x Bumblebri]

Soliloquy

♥Hopeless Chromatic♥
[[ @Aspy Ink ]]

The kingdom of Ferinar sat in peace for many years, nestled in the protective walls of the valley. Recently, however warring kingdoms have taken an interest in Ferinar and the precious metals it mines. In an attempt to stop the attacks, a marriage has been proposed between the eldest prince, William, and the princess of the Kingdom of Almir - strongest of the opposing kingdoms. The prince has outwardly expressed his anger with the arrangement, but it has fallen on deaf ears, with but the constant response of it being 'his responsibility'.

The dark haired prince exited the council room, shutting the large oak doors with excessive force before pacing up and down the hallway. He was frustrated with a life of continuous instructions and no opportunity to act on his own free will. Everything, he was told, must be done for Ferinar. He scoffed aloud, toppling an urn in his frustration that shattered when hitting the cobblestone.

Grunting, he bent over to begin cleaning up his mess, muttering to himself.

Rilaya had been walking in the halls, singing to herself and thinking about all that was going on. She didn't like this idea either. For tow reasons. One, a rather selfish reason, she liked the Prince, a whole lot. But she was just a servant. The second reason, because it was Unfair to the Prince.

Upon hearing a shatter, the young servant rushed towards the sound, and immediately bent down to help the Prince pick up the pieces."Your Majesty, are you alright?"

William looked up at a familiar voice, the servant Rilaya had come to his side. While it was her duty, he continued to pick up the broken pieces as well, depositing them in the base that had remained intact.

"I'm fine, thank you Rilaya," he answered simply, eyes drifting from the ground and its mess to the young woman beside him. The two had little contact and he knew very little of her. Just as he had answered her, a shard of the urn sliced into the palm of his hand and he hissed, dropping it quickly. "Perhaps I spoke too soon."

Rilaya frowned as he sliced his hand. She quickly finished picking up the pieces and putting them in the base."I could take care of that for you, Your Majesty."She said quietly as she pointed to his hand. Sometimes, even if they were older then her, she acted like a mother sometimes with the way z her worried for others.

Rilaya finished picking up the pieces, and picked up the base of the urn with the pieces, standing up rather quickly as she realized how close she was to the Prince, and a small blush dusting her cheeks. She hated that blush, she wishes thR blush would go away.

The prince stood with his cut palm facing upward, blood pooling in the curve of his hand. He watched her as she finished cleaning up the mess, making sure she didn't meet the same fate.

"Be careful not to do the same," he commented, nodding at the ruined urn she held. "Your hands are full, I can have it tended to by another, but thank you Rilaya."

"I can take of it your Majesty, really. I've multi tasked harder then this."She said softly as she looked up at him, letting out a soft sigh, brushed her hair from her face as she looked up at him, smiling slightly.

The young prince nodded, knowing it was best to accept her offer. A wound such as this, while not large in size, could easily find itself infected. He had heard many stories of infections that had led to the loss of limbs and even life, neither of which was an appealing thought to William, who enjoyed his mortal life, even when situations such as an imposing marriage were forced upon them. The alternative to living simply was not a delightful one.

"Very well," he agreed, leading the way through the cobblestone hallways and to the small room that served as an infirmary for those who were wounded. Folding himself into a large wooden chair, he watched her with icy blue calm eyes. His arm was extended fully, resting on the arm of the chair to allow her the most work space.

Out of stained glass windows the sun could be seen, setting and casting a colorful display on the floor of the room. The detailed paintings had been at the request of his mother, who highly fancied artistic abilities and his father who fancied whatever made his wife happy. William remembered watching the skilled craftsman who made the glass dance and spin, molding it into the intricate designs. It was the closest he had seen to magic in his life, and the memory was fresh to this day, despite the events occurring when he was but a child.

((I am so sorry I took so long.I was trying to find the muse to write long posts like you do, bit I'm afraid I haven't found it))

Rilaya followed behind the Prince to the infirmary. Wjen they entered, she the broken vase down, and then got some cloth to clean out the wound, along with some disinfectant as well. She poured some onto the cloth, and took the Prince's hand in her otherone."I apologize ahead of time, Your Majesty. This will probably hurt."She said softly as she looked up at him, before returning to cleaning his hand up.

[[i'm gonna work on pulling it out of you =P I'm sure it's there. Just remember that movies are captivating largely based on what we see. A story is captivating by making that picture.]]

William barely flinched as the tingling sensation flooded the sliced skin on his hand. Instead his gaze remained leveled on her face as she worked, noting the lines as the bent and straightened, her expression changing as she worked. He could see she was dedicate and diligent as she cleaned the gash, carefully winding a clean strip of fabric around his hand. The room was silent, but for the small noises that came as she worked on binding his hand. He cleared his throat, in an attempt to dampen the silence.

"Thank you, Rilaya, for doing this," his strong voice filled the room with ease, echoing off the walls. He internally debated further commenting on how she seemed to frequently be tied down with the task of looking after him, but in the end elected not to.

(((Well I have always had problems with writing long detailed posts, probably because of my Autism, but I will try my best, I have to go to bed, but I'll respond in the morning :) ))

After Rilaya had finished caring for the wound of tGe Prince's hand, she looked up at him as he thanked her, and she shook her head softly."It's all in yhe duties of a servant, Your Majesty."She said softly as she searched his features.

"I noticed you seemed upset, earlier, Your Majesty. Would you like to vent to me? Tell me what is bothering you so much?"She asked him quietly, mayne even a bit shyly. She was just wanting to help the Prince, and she knew that when she was upset, venting to someone helped her sometimes.

((Alright, finally got it up. Morning! :) ))

William was taken back by her offer to talk to her. Generally the only reasons anyone wanted to speak or listen to him was to either order him around, ask him for a favor, or to gather information for blackmail. Looking over the long-time servant for his household, he didn't believe any of these were her motivations.

"I am frustrated," he admitted, his blue eyes flickering from watching his wrists to her face instead. "The possibility of war, you're well aware of. The kingdoms are at our door and what is my fathers solution? To have me wed the dim-headed Princess Lenora."

He scoffed at her name, quickly regaining himself. Such behavior, even for someone whom you didn't fancy, was unacceptable. He rose from the chair, walking instead to the window and looking out at the approaching night.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't speak ill. I just don't feel that cowering behind another kingdom will do anything for ours."

Rilaya listened quietly to the Prince's words. The young servant could easily understand his frustration. He was being forced to marry a girl he seemed to have no interest in. She nodded her head softly."I understand why you are upset you're Majasty. I woulkd be rather upset too if I were you."She spoke slowly, unsure of what her words could do. She wasn't sure if they would get her in trouble or not. Rilaya watched him as he walked over to the window, and she let out a very soft sigh."It is to protect your Kingdom, your Majesty, to have extra defense. I do understand why you are upset though."

((Finally found time to get on a computer, not sure how long I'll be on it though))

William listened to the timid words of Rilaya, feeling she was quite bold to voice an opinion before not only a man but royalty. From his experience and lessons, women rarely were permitted the right to do so, and a servant lacked that right regardless of gender. Turning back to face her, he decided against scolding. That was something his father would have been quick to do, but he had proven time and time again that he was not his father. Regardless, the old king continued to try and shape his stubborn son.

"Strengthening defenses for the kingdom is not the same as strengthening the kingdom," he argued, "They only make us reliant on something we do not have for ourselves. Would you not say that is is better for us to have our own armies, Rilaya? To have our people trained to defend their land?"

"It is better for us to have our own armies, yes. But perhaps your father is also looking for extra allies."She said quietly as she looked up at the Prince."But perhaps, the King also wants his son to have married, when he takes over the throne, to secure an heir...."She said this sentence rather quietly as she looked up at the Prince, shuffling her feet perhaps a bit nervously.,

The young prince watched her as she spoke, her voice exceptionally soft, especially in the presence of his own booming voice. He contemplated if she was unsure of what she was saying, although her words were consistent in tempo and she did not stutter or struggle to find the appropriate words. She felt strongly with the words she chose to use, but yet she stood in an off matter, something not settling with her.

After a moment he recognized what seemed to be fear. "Are you afraid of me, Rilaya?" he questioned her, voice still firm as he spoke. "Do you worry about speaking in front of me or others?"

Under the Prince's royal gaze, she was made even more nervous, and her mannerisms changed some. She began to run her hands through her hair quickly, and toOK deep breaths.

Rilaya shook her head at the Prince's question."Not afraid of you...Your Majesty..........."She said quietly. She was afraid of what would come from the royals. She feared the consequences."Sometimes......"She answered quietly. She was scared all the time to speak in front of any of the royalty. She knew she could in a lot of trouble for lying, but she didn't want to say all t he time. The young servant stared down at her feet, finding her shoes to be intriguing. She truly just didn't want to look at the Prince, to see what he was thinking.

((So I'm doing some reading, and will reply when I can, but I'm on my phone, and might be a bit slow responding ))

William watched her, unconvinced by her shaking words. Contrary to his father, he did feel that fear was a necessary emotion in his subjects, nor his servants. He also did not feel that respect and fear were one with the other, that each had it's own qualities. He sought to have respect from those beneath him and fear from his enemies.

The young woman didn't seem to be willing to divulge further information as her gaze continued to avoid his own. The young prince knew there was no point in pushing the matter, and he had already spoken far more than most would to the servant. Her knowledge of armies and kingdoms was no doubt limited, and he could only assume he had now exhausted that resource.

"Thank you again, Rilaya," he said, nodding curtly and stepping around her to vacate the infirmary.

Rilaya nodded and gave him a low bow, before turning and watching him leave. Did she upset him? She shouldn't have stated she was afraid of speaking in front of him. He was yhe nicest of the royals in this family.

Rilaya sighed and picked the broken vase bavk up, to take care of it. She would have to explain why it was broken if anybody asked about the absence of the vase, but she was going to tell the truth. The Prince had accidentally knocked it over, and she helped him to clean it up and take care of the cut. If they believed her, that was their own choice. Sighing, the young servant went to go take care of the vase.

((Just wanted to let you know, I'm reading a book right now, amd so I will probably be slow replying, and my replies might not be as long as you or I would like because I'm on my phone right now))

William was no sooner in his own bed chambers than he was summoned away once more. He was honestly growing quite tired of it all. Meeting after meeting, council after council. While the protection and safety of his kingdom did not bore him, his father and all advisers insistence that their best course of action was matrimony infuriated him.

As the evening hours filled the air, the young prince excused himself from the nightly festivity after the evening meal. The normal merriment was not something he would amuse himself with. Instead he ventured into the palace gardens, sighing as he looked up at the stars that dotted the dark sky. It often felt to him that everyone's focus was too minute and small, that no one took the time to step back and look at the grander scheme of things.

Rilaya had kept herself busy with cleaning up the castle and helping the other servants to keep herself busy. After the Royals had eaten their meals, Rilaya had left the palace, venturing out into the far East side of t he beautiful garden.

Rilaya often came out to the garden when she had finished most of he r work for the night, as she enjoyed the peaceful serenity of the gardens as she sat down, staring up at the night sky, filled with many sparkling stars shining so brightly. She loved the gardens, and Sje was always able to escape the hustle and bustle of the palace, out in the gardens.

The young prince let himself wander into the large hedge maze that decorated the middle of the garden. After sometime he found himself at the heart of the structure. A silver fountain, another of his mother's favorite collected works, stood proudly at the center, clear water pumped into it from a nearby spring, gently splashing and filling the crisp night air with sound.

Spotting a bench that faced the fountain, he folded himself into a seated position. He desired a peaceful setting to reflect on the day's events and his own thoughts. His gaze rested on the fountain while he wasn't truly looking at it. Instead he let his own internal thoughts take control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back