Unrefined Acquired Taste

Jesuisbanan

Unrefined Acquired Taste
Hello everyone.
I'm new here but not new to role playing, this will be my tenth year writing with others back and forth, creating wonderful well thought out stories through the years. As the times change I have relocated from site to site every time one becomes troublesome or dies out. Unfortunately I have spent the last five years devoting my time to Google plus only to find out just the other day that they plan to discontinue the service they provide, which I and many other will be at a loss of where to go afterwards.
I really liked the set up with the option of communities and such when it came to Google plus and how I could store my random ideas in private collections and keep everything not only mobile but organized. I am still trying to figure this out but I am sure I will get the hang of it.
If you have any suggestions or tips I am more than thankful to read them. (Like where the post are supposed to go for instance) Anything to speed up the process of adjusting is most grateful.
I would like to describe myself as a descriptive role player but then I am likely bias in that opinion. Though I can give average replies my grammar is something that still needs to be improved upon so I'm far from a perfect role player but I like to give what I receive. I'll put if not more but the same amount of effort into the story as my partner does. I have no sexual preference nor am I gender bound. I will do just about any genre as long as the starter catches my interest.
I look forward to adjusting to this site and hope to meet an all new group of role players.

*If you are curious about the Unrefined Acquired taste title it is just something I like to describe myself as.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
I'm new here but not new to role playing, this will be my tenth year writing with others back and forth, creating wonderful well thought out stories through the years. As the times change I have relocated from site to site every time one becomes troublesome or dies out. Unfortunately I have spent the last five years devoting my time to Google plus only to find out just the other day that they plan to discontinue the service they provide, which I and many other will be at a loss of where to go afterwards.
I really liked the set up with the option of communities and such when it came to Google plus and how I could store my random ideas in private collections and keep everything not only mobile but organized. I am still trying to figure this out but I am sure I will get the hang of it.
If you have any suggestions or tips I am more than thankful to read them. (Like where the post are supposed to go for instance) Anything to speed up the process of adjusting is most grateful.
I would like to describe myself as a descriptive role player but then I am likely bias in that opinion. Though I can give average replies my grammar is something that still needs to be improved upon so I'm far from a perfect role player but I like to give what I receive. I'll put if not more but the same amount of effort into the story as my partner does. I have no sexual preference nor am I gender bound. I will do just about any genre as long as the starter catches my interest.
I look forward to adjusting to this site and hope to meet an all new group of role players.

*If you are curious about the Unrefined Acquired taste title it is just something I like to describe myself as.

Welcome to the site!

I’m sorry about google plus shutting down, I heard of that and it is a shame. If you ever need anything feel free to reach out to us private or via staff contact or the community hub areas of the site. The site lets you store your collections in the private workshop and we have a media gallery that has album and other privacy features. We have a more intensive collections system coming out in the future.

Welcome to RPN!

I heard about Google+. That's a shame. I wasn't using it myself but I know it had quite a few roleplayers there.

I hope you find it easy to adjust here, the community is very friendly and there are lots of rp going on, whether you prefer 1x1 or groups.

Hello!
Welcome to RPNation!
I haven't used Google+ at all myself either. I'm really sorry they had to shut it down. We have a nice community here ^-^​

Welcome to the site!

I’m sorry about google plus shutting down, I heard of that and it is a shame. If you ever need anything feel free to reach out to us private or via staff contact or the community hub areas of the site. The site lets you store your collections in the private workshop and we have a media gallery that has album and other privacy features. We have a more intensive collections system coming out in the future.

I have a question:
How long does it usually take for a post to be approved to be seen?

I noticed when I posted it was around 45 mins in before I went to bed.
I'm on Hawaii time and since it's such a isolated time zone I don't expect others to rarely be on but that kind of brings a concern that if I was having trouble going to sleep and needed to roleplay just to exhaust my energy that no one would be on to approve my post. If this is the case could you give me a usual time frame that would be at the best convenience of being approved.

I have a question:
How long does it usually take for a post to be approved to be seen?

I noticed when I posted it was around 45 mins in before I went to bed.
I'm on Hawaii time and since it's such a isolated time zone I don't expect others to rarely be on but that kind of brings a concern that if I was having trouble going to sleep and needed to roleplay just to exhaust my energy that no one would be on to approve my post. If this is the case could you give me a usual time frame that would be at the best convenience of being approved.

It normally doesn’t take that long. The system only sometimes queues a new users posts until they have a handful done. After like 5 or 10 you’ll never have to worry about this again.

Hello everyone.

Hi you seem really cool and I like writing with plenty of detail myself, I'm not very experienced with roleplay, I've only done it a few times but I absolutely love writing and we should rp sometime (also you have very good grammar imo)

Hi you seem really cool and I like writing with plenty of detail myself, I'm not very experienced with roleplay, I've only done it a few times but I absolutely love writing and we should rp sometime (also you have very good grammar imo)

Thank you,
That means my grammar has slowly been improving. I look forward to it writing with you then. I'm currently a little busy but if you don't mind slow replies I'm more than willing to jump in on something.

Thank you,
That means my grammar has slowly been improving. I look forward to it writing with you then. I'm currently a little busy but if you don't mind slow replies I'm more than willing to jump in on something.
I have a question for you :O (plot twist) Are you a 1x1 RPer or do you RP in groups. Perhaps both?

Thank you,
I don't mind, I'm still trying to figure out this site and I also have a life outside of this so I get it...I'm pretty sure I can't even private message yet because of the 10 post rule

I don't mind, I'm still trying to figure out this site and I also have a life outside of this so I get it...I'm pretty sure I can't even private message yet because of the 10 post rule

Ah yeah I feel like I may never get to that because I almost never post thing I just enjoy joining others.

I have a question for you :O(plot twist) Are you a 1x1 RPer or do you RP in groups. Perhaps both?

I have not done group roleplays in such a long time. I'm sure if all partners are capable writers I could be involved in such a task but I prefer 1x1

Greetings to you and welcome hope you enjoy the site. I'm new here myself and getting used to everything here since AOL shut down where I used to RP mostly in the past.

Welcome! I'm... pretty new myself, but I used G+ for a little while. Never got too into it there, ended up leaving. I'm a bit more confident I'll be sticking around here, it's good for me so far and I hope it is for you too. I usually enjoy joining (Never been very confident in putting ideas out there, even though I like thinking about storylines for myself), but I've been considering trying to start up some things in a few weeks. After all, can't know what you can do for sure until you try it. Anyway, maybe we could get something going, and I hope you enjoy your time here as I've been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back