Other Unpopular Opinions

If this turns into a rant, sorry in advance.
I'm completely blind, and I hate it when people tell me I did a good job when they see me doing a simple task. Like, yes, of course I can tie my own shoes, I'm an adult. No need to tell me I did "such a great job", because that just feels more patronizing than anything. I know people tend to do this with good intentions but I just find it insulting

Baldur's Gate 3 is pretty damn amazing but would've been better if they didn't insist on following DnD rules as closely as they did. I liked the combat in Divinity: Original Sin 2 a lot better.

You're possibly a huge hypocrite if you look down on/in any way disparage hobbies such as anime or Star Trek.

Folks really be out there buying whole arsenals of guns or buying rooms of 'Viking' stuff to feel more manly but fail to realize they can be absolutely roasted into oblivion the same as the people they make fun of.

I'm cringey, the Renaissance fair people are cringey, you're cringey in some manner, we are all likely in some way cringey.

Your hobbies and interests are no better than anybody else's so just leave them the heck alone whoever they are. Some folks need to get over themselves.

Minor Rant Incoming...

This is probably niche unpopular opinion, but I've met a lot of Sword Art Online detractors who say it's a rip off of .Hack.

My unpopular opinion (which is based on facts acquired through research) is that this view of SAO being a rip off of .Hack is 100% wrong.

The original story of SAO was submitted to web comic competitions well over a year before .Hack ever aired on tv. And to the best I can find neither of the creators had any contact with one another beforehand. .Hack hit the air waves first, and because they're both isekai stories with vaguely similar premises people jumped on the "rip off" bandwagon without ever bothering to actually look up the history of the two franchises and their creators.

Some folks out there even call .Hack the first isekai. Um... I'm sorry, but you f***ing what, mate? There were NUMEROUS other isekai stories before .Hack. F***king Digimon is an isekai which came out long before .Hack was even a concept in its creator's mind! "First isekai." Bruh.

Anyway, back on point: .Hack aired first, but that doesn't make SAO a rip off just because they share some similarities which (basically all of which are common to the entire isekai genre).

End of unpopular opinion and mini rant!

Cheers!

Gortash looks so unwashed. I can't understand why there are so many Durge x Gortash requests.

He's so boring, too.

"Ooo, look at me, I'm the greatest mastermind to ever mastermind! Now watch me sit in my office for the entirety of Act 3 and do nothing while you proceed to destroy my plans every step along the way."

I thought Orin sucked as well but at least she did something

It took me seeing a sexualized cosplay of Aerith to realize I don't like sexualized cosplay of characters who aren't traditionally sexual or have intentional fan-service/sex appeal.

Twilight's depiction of vampires where they sparkle like diamonds in sunlight (instead of burning or turning to ash etc) is an original and imaginative take.

Twilight's depiction of vampires where they sparkle like diamonds in sunlight (instead of burning or turning to ash etc) is an original and imaginative take.
I couldn't agree more.

In addition, it's always annoyed me when people criticizing Twilight for "moving too far away from the classic vampire depiction" because sunlight is no longer lethal to them because the idea that vampires dies from sunlight comes from the 1922 Nosferatu movie. So it's not even a part of the original vampire legends.

I'm probably going to ruffle some feathers here, but I gotta get something off my chest.

I don't get artists that completely change the looks of characters they're making fanart of. For example, an artist is a huge fan of Mario, but they keep drawing him with a completely different skin color, facial piercings, edgy scars, and pointed ears. It's no longer Mario. Why not just make an OC? If you really like a character, why go out of your way to completely change them into something they're not? I would personally be a little weirded out if someone drew fan art of my RP characters, but changed their appearance until the only thing they have in common with my original design is the clothing.

I've also noticed a bit of an art style trend, especially on Tumblr, of fanart that depicts characters with round heads, wide noses, and small mouths with bulbous lips. And all characters the artist draws have those exact same features. I think it's an absolutely ugly art style, even with original work. I'd draw an example, but I don't want to come across as attacking certain artists. Maybe someone will know what I'm talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back