• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Unnamed fantasy/nation building RP interest check

Martydi

Herald of the Great Devourer
Roleplay Type(s)
My name is Martydi (as you can propably see), and I am new to the site (this you can also see by how awkward I feel). Although I have already taken part in several forum RPs, none of them located here, and I have never actually created one. Well anyways. I had an idea for nation building RP, set in pretty weird setting. Basically, the premise is nation building RP, where you are not restricted by existing world status, geography etc. How would this work? Allow me to intorduce: *drum rolls* the multi dimensional nation building! Basically, you guys come up with a nation in some alternate dimension, and all RPers end up connected through portals to some sort of "hub dimension", where most of RP will take place. You could come up with a nation, that is set in completely made up universe, or maybe even pick a nation from real history, and then skyrocket their power (for example, it would be possible to play as Macedonian Empire, that did not collapse after Alexander's death, and is still going around, ruling most of Europe). I will create more detailed backstory and rules if I get enough interest (five or six people should be good, but I will always accept more). One more thing: let me know if you would like generic nation building RP, or mix of NB and character roleplay (your characters would be rulers of nations you pick). I personally prefer the latter, although if you think it is bad idea or don't like it, I wil not include character element. Overall, I never saw anything like that, and I think it might be good.

I guess I'm interested, though the multidimensional-interdimensional aspect seems to complicate things unnecessarily, to be completely honest. It might be simpler to just say that it's an alternate Earth with different geography and different cultures/nations spread differently than our Earth. I've seen this before for nation building RPs. Not that we can't go with your idea! But that's just my input anyways.

Some in character sounds good.

whats gonna stop someone from making a stupidly overpowered nation out of this and creating a bit of a 'arms race' of op nations?

whats gonna stop someone from making a stupidly overpowered nation out of this and creating a bit of a 'arms race' of op nations?
That is the problem with most nation building RPs (on another forum I met someone who gave his nation 250 battleships for no particular reason, while RPing as minro South American country). New nations will be submitted via applications if this RP will take place, and I will make sure there are no things more OP than necesary.
I guess I'm interested, though the multidimensional-interdimensional aspect seems to complicate things unnecessarily, to be completely honest. It might be simpler to just say that it's an alternate Earth with different geography and different cultures/nations spread differently than our Earth. I've seen this before for nation building RPs. Not that we can't go with your idea! But that's just my input anyways.

Some in character sounds good.
Yeah, that is indeed complicated. If complication is necesary or not, is up for the debate. I don't know if I will make this actually interdimensional in the end. There are multiple factors I considered while deciding how to make the thing. In the end, I think that may be a good idea. However, if not many people will show interest, or if this indeed proves too complicated, I will switch it to alternative Earth. I wanted people to have more freedom of creation, and allow everyone to create big empires if they want without getting in eachother's way too much. As I said, this is just a plan and everything is subject to change, so if you have any thoughts, complaints or suggestions, speak freely.

That is the problem with most nation building RPs (on another forum I met someone who gave his nation 250 battleships for no particular reason, while RPing as minro South American country). New nations will be submitted via applications if this RP will take place, and I will make sure there are no things more OP than necesary.

Yeah, that is indeed complicated. If complication is necesary or not, is up for the debate. I don't know if I will make this actually interdimensional in the end. There are multiple factors I considered while deciding how to make the thing. In the end, I think that may be a good idea. However, if not many people will show interest, or if this indeed proves too complicated, I will switch it to alternative Earth. I wanted people to have more freedom of creation, and allow everyone to create big empires if they want without getting in eachother's way too much. As I said, this is just a plan and everything is subject to change, so if you have any thoughts, complaints or suggestions, speak freely.

Okay, sounds good. Applications to prevent OP nations also sound good.

I'm interested although... how would this 'hub dimension' work? Because each nation would have their own land in their own dimension already. Would it be a blank slate world on which we would be fighting each other for its land/natural resources? Would it have nothing at all in it except ground to walk in and air to breath? Would it already be a normal-ish world with natives that we would be colonizing?

I'm interested although... how would this 'hub dimension' work? Because each nation would have their own land in their own dimension already. Would it be a blank slate world on which we would be fighting each other for its land/natural resources? Would it have nothing at all in it except ground to walk in and air to breath? Would it already be a normal-ish world with natives that we would be colonizing?
Well, that depends. At first I thought of it as colonization RP, but with this interdimensional aspect, intended to give more room for freedom of creation and power fantasy. Now that I see you people actually want to combine it with IC roleplay, I think I will add some place in this "hub" for rulers meeting, so we have place for easy IC RP. Besides that one, rest will be like normal world, settled by natives. Natives will either be at Indians tech level, so we can run over them effortlessly like colonists in Americas, or something closer to early medieval/late ancient era tech, so we actually have to invest resources in conquering land. I haven't decided yet, though it will propably be the second one.

I will set up OOC thread for applications soon, you can start thinking on nations you wish to use. If you have any questions, opinions or advice, now its time to speak out

What era/tech level will our nations have to be in? I assume we'd start on a pretty level playing field to avoid anyone being OP right off the bat.

Medieval tech. Historical nations from ancient era, if someone decides to play as one, will be brought up to the level field.

Only one person applied for now. I'm not gonna do this RP with only one person, its no point. Where are the others, three of you said that they are interested and seven voted at the poll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back