University

InactiveCoffee

Inactive
Okay, so I've got this RP... I started it without really sitting down and thinking about it.

It's based around any and all Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks animation characters (children's movies themed) being "reborn" in essence into modern day. They're all going to the same university, essentially a magical thing kind of like how wizards and witches get into Hogwarts in HP....

So, there will be the "good guys" and the "villains" as well as educators and students...

I've already been brought the idea of Fraternities and Sororities, Sports, and Clubs.... as well as actual "Class" time...

What I would like feedback for.... is exactly how I should go about forming this into an rp that won't get so far out of hand that every character has their own club, frat, sorority, and class that there is no time for interaction outside "dorm rooms"

Not to mention.... I'd like help developing an actual chronological plot event list so that there is something for all the characters to work toward rather than leaving it as an "Open" plot where anything can happen... I've learned a hard lesson that "Open" plots are more susceptible to writer's block and going stale. This is something I'd love to avoid, especially since there is a combination of Heroes and Villains.

Any and all Ideas and Criticism is welcome! I'll really appreciate the help!

This is the character sheet that Miss Elle Joyner thankfully created for me, though I'm considering adjusting it and adding a few things to it since I'm adding specifics into the rp that the players would need to determine for their characters...

BM2Ikmj.png

Character's Name

• Appearance

latest

BASICS

Height:

Weight:

Hair Color:

Eye Color:

Distinguishing Marks:

Tattoos:

Written Appearance

Describe your character as others would see them

And since I need faculty and students.... and it'd be weird for everyone to start out as freshmen.... what would be a good divider for Professors, Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, and Freshmen? (I'm not sure what # to consider since I, like many, like rping with 1 to 2 characters in the chance one gets locked into a post chain with someone)

Make it a rule that only you are allowed to create locations, clubs, events, etc. As for plot. Pull stuff from the different universes. Hades from Hercules, is a powerful villain that can stir up trouble for everybody. The Queen from Snow White is another.

Though, I'm really not sure what kind of plot can be made with a school RP. It seems like you just want to have the Disney characters in school, with the plot being second or an afterthought =/

It's weird. The RPers are going to have to go to school and be in class, but that's a little boring. Silly plots I think are better suited for "Class Rps." T_T. I dunno. I'm not good with silly.

Seriously, if you want to include fraternities and sororities, sports, and clubs, there's really not much you can do with plot. It's just going to school as Disney characters. Disney slice-of-life.

I was thinking more in terms of hit and miss on interaction, where the Rp focuses mostly on the "students" and "faculty" outside of Class time.

Gotcha. Then yeah, sorry, I have nothing. I wish I could help =/.

Popularity contest as the plot?? ._.

Do you mean “reborn” as in, they’re in human form - or that they’re physically the same, but have a personality, back-story, ect manipulated by those signing up? I’d also say it depends how serious you want your plot to be, despite your theme. I personally can’t imagine playing Shrek and having to deal with real-world problems such as mental illness, so I’ll assume it’s totally non-serious?

Assuming it’s all in good fun: I’d create an AU where the aim would be simply to get to their own lives or plots. You could still implement a school, but the school’d have to be a special one - maybe like training, or preparation. Maybe they have stats they need to fufill before moving onto their own stories, or maybe they can freely transport between all Disney/Dreamworks/ect stories and roam them - whilst being schooled? I don’t really watch Disney films (unless I’m forced lmao) but Wreck-it-Ralph implements humans in some way, so maybe you could mirror that.

That’s all I got, really. Child-themed RPs lose me completely, but I guess there’s a few things you can work with to make it more interesting.

EDIT: You know what would be funny? Throwing mandatory therapy sessions in with their class schedule. I’d watch that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say as @White Masquerade said make it a rule that only you can add in clubs, sororoities, etc. If someone wishes to add a new thing they must submit a request to you.

Now for plot - do the classic good vs. evil plot just tailor it for university.

I read a book series that used a similar concept where it was literally rival schools - one for the good guys ( princes and princesses ) and one for the villains. And basically the two were constantly doing different competitions around like sports events or whatever.

Maybe in this they could be rival sororities or something OR if you want to add drama maybe the Greek Life is run by the Good Guys but the new Dean or whatever wants to make more diversity and enforce more "harmony" between the students so she forces some of the Heroes to let the Villians into their sororities/frats.

That or maybe you could just have the Villains ban together in a kind of Queens of Darkness style thing like from OUAT. Where they get pissed off about being treated like second class citizens on campus and decide to destroy their respective Heroes in an effort to get their Happily Ever Afters.

Like if you really want to mess things up do a role reveral. Where the Villains are Good and the Heroes are Evil and have that be the result of some kind fo shenanigans or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back