• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unferth's Dungeon Clearing Company -- Hi-Speed Dungeon Crawls!

Beckoncall

World-Weaver and servant to the most-holy PC
Supporter
"Dungeon Clearing Company is hiring heroes!"

Why leave the caves, castles and ruins to the monsters when people could be mining, looting, or ruling from them? The DCC Wants YOU alone or in groups to storm, infiltrate, sweep, and clear lairs of evil and wild domains of monsters. Must have a craving for adventure and no pause in the face of fear! Success rewarded with stock in the operations that replace the evil you've expunged!

So it's time to kick down some doors, ambush the GOBLINS for a change, and show the monsters what a REAL invasion means!

Make your character! No race/class combinations restricted so far -- create a hero via simple char creation tab!

Pick your contract! Numerous dungeon opportunities with objectives ranging from exceedingly dangerous to suicidal!

Spend your resources carefully. Assemble a team of RPCs and assets!

Then...

STORM THE FRONT, AND MAKE YOUR NAMES WHILE YOU TAKE SOME NAMES!

• Named after one of the first (and most ill-fated) members of the guild of adventurers guilds (seriously!!) -- Unferth's Dungeon Clearing Company (or DCC) has been in operation since before we lost all our documents in a fire 87 years ago. We pride ourselves with not just treasure seeking and glory taking, but actually fulfilling contracts to pacify wild or dangerous dungeons and terrains for whatever persons or entities are willing and able to pay us. We take the contract deposit and use it to fund intrepid adventurers and their followers to get those places tamed, those quests solved, those lost relics found.

The DCC doesn't usually sneak around, and when we do, we do it in a hurry. If you don't want to storm the front, kick down doors, and take foes out FAST, we aren't the adventurer's outfit for you. If you want to get stuck in, make a mess, and haul out some treasure in a hurry -- you're welcome at our tavern. We've been at it longer than we have paperwork to substantiate! Be a part of that great tradition and join us today!

All subcontractors officially bonded, equipment tested for reliability in nightmare conditions. Proud sponsor of Pit-fights and bar brawls, we make our employers happy, and our employees rich.

Free Burial rites with signed release allowing humorous epitaph.

Last edited:
(Rattles a Tankard) BUMP!

This game can begin with even one player -- do none have courage to take a contract?!

1) What race or races would you be interested in playing? What are your reasons for these choices? What might they bring to your hero that is an advantage?
Half-Elf, I want to be a little different yet still easily interpreted and I would like to see how different people respond to this 'half breed' I'm not set on half elf but a half cast of some form would be nice.
If gives the advantage of a limited understanding of two cultures and histories but also brings with it a likelihood of prejudice.

2) Who and What kind of character is your hero? What class or classes do you see them being? This world has both clerical and arcane magics -- most character archetypes should be acceptable. Besides race and class share a little bit about them, maybe a potential hook or two about their past, special perks or weaknesses they might have... anything else that might give your character color. Suggestions include why the character needs the gold adventuring brings, or what goals motivate them to adventure. What are their goals and ambitions?
An outcast. He was cast out by his Elven mother before he could remember. Found in the woods by Human Hunters he was raised to hunt. However the elven part of him always made them treat him differently. He aged slower and looked fair to behold, despite harsh nights out hunting vicious beasts for both food and the safety of the nearby village. A Village he would never be able to live in. The majority of the people were reviled by his presence and he was forced to live in the green woods, in a home he built for himself in the canopy. The other Hunters would often visit and treated him almost like their own but it was never the same. He was skilled with a bow and learned to fight after scuffles with Villagers and wild beasts. In time he learned his place was to be outcast. Alone. He once tried to rejoin his elven heritage but they cast him away as a lesser being. Eventually he had enough of his sheltered life in the trees protecting people who despised him and feeding those who mistrusted him. He set off to adventure

4) What about this campaign peaked your interest? (So I can be sure to "give the player what they want"), what aspects of RPing do you most enjoy? Diplomacy? Exploration? Getting Loot? Hack and Slash? Intrigue? Stealth? Mystery? Whatever attracts you the most -- If there are common favored themes I will be sure to put more thought into those aspects. Any of the above may be a part, though needn't necessarily be. There is definitely an emphasis here on hack and slash and kicking down doors, and examining treasure LATER rather than sooner while there are monsters to fight.
I love a good hack and a fine slash but I am most interested in character and world development. Even if we do not create an entire world, the exploration elements peak my interest similarly and if your questing theres always past memories that are dredged up

GM EDIT: Character accepted. I'll ask about preferred weapons and strategies, but I encourage you to look over the contracts and see if any interest you. :D

-(BECK)

Character Involved in the conquest of bastion of beasts! Gains 18 pouches of gold!

Last edited by a moderator:
1) What race or races would you be interested in playing? What are your reasons for these choices? What might they bring to your hero that is an advantage?

I am interested in playing as an Ashmen. I am interested in playing as an Ashmen first of all because I'm a hipster and too cool for conventional fantasy races. They are a unique race designed in part by me so I understand how to portray them well and it's something new for me, the other plays and gms to play with. Plus, the fearless, stubbornly strong Ashmen are perfect for clearing dungeons in a timely and careless fashion! Being an Ashmen gives my hero the advantage of being big, strong and able to dish out as much as he can take. The Ashmens innate racial abilities also give him an edge.

2) Who and What kind of character is your hero? What class or classes do you see them being? This world has both clerical and arcane magics -- most character archetypes should be acceptable. Besides race and class share a little bit about them, maybe a potential hook or two about their past, special perks or weaknesses they might have... anything else that might give your character color. Suggestions include why the character needs the gold adventuring brings, or what goals motivate them to adventure. What are their goals and ambitions?

My Character is an Ashmen Berserker with Fire-born abilities (if allowed!) who is stubborn, blunt/straightforward and fearless. A man who speaks through his actions rather than his words. He is deeply spiritual, and traditional, having a strong connection to Ashmen culture. Despite this, he is a deserter by Ashmen standards, having abandoned his Ashmen tribe while they were doing mercenary work in a distant foreign land. After years of fighting other races wars he just couldn't do it anymore and slipped away during the mayhem, likely begin assumed dead.

3) Most if not all adventuring and tavern carousing will take place on a dedicated discord chat server. This is a chat-centric game. This is what allows for fast paced adventures and hopefully a thrilling game. Forum posts will likely be a fine element as well, but discord chat is the major medium for this game. Please don't let that stop you from having a good time with us!

This isnt even a question Beck. :P

4) What about this campaign peaked your interest? (So I can be sure to "give the player what they want"), what aspects of RPing do you most enjoy? Diplomacy? Exploration? Getting Loot? Hack and Slash? Intrigue? Stealth? Mystery? Whatever attracts you the most -- If there are common favored themes I will be sure to put more thought into those aspects. Any of the above may be a part, though needn't necessarily be. There is definitely an emphasis here on hack and slash and kicking down doors, and examining treasure LATER rather than sooner while there are monsters to fight.

1. I get to BASH AND SLASH
2. Good GM
3. Im bored
4. I look forward to quick action set in a well developed world with deep lore, story and constant development.
5) PM (or Post) me your age and a little about yourself, I'll share right back to "meet you." Makes sense when making friends, yes? Don't worry about judgement on the basis of age -- maturity, interest, and consistency are are the mainstays of any game I find.

Last edited:
Human, beastman/shifter. Humans are nice, basic, clean palettes and are good for building upon. Beastmen and shifters would be a fun way to spice up the human factor and experiment with the pros and cons of humans and animals. The attributes these races possess would be useful in both human and nature situations.

Human druid; beastman/shifter monk. I’ve never been much of a magic user and prefer to stick to fighter/stealth classes, but I’d like to test myself with the nature magic of the druid.

Kifte - human druid
Kifte has always lived in the forest as its guardian, but feels restricted in its relative smallness. She knows there is much more beyond the walls of branches and vines and wants to learn so she can bring knowledge back to her home and develop an even higher capacity to protect it and help it flourish. She doesn’t spend a lot of time with other humans, so her communication skills are a little lacking, but she’s very capable of living off the land and protecting herself. If her personality gets her into trouble, she’s a brilliant escape artist, but can usually move about human towns and cities without trouble. She takes on various contracts in order to gain experience with other races and to see as much as the world as possible.

Sverka (Sver) Desterus - Beastman monk
Sver is gloomy and confident, but it developed as a coping mechanism in response to the loss of his family when he was a child. Unlike most beastmen families, they did not live in the woods but on a small farm near a town due to his mixed parentage. When he was orphaned after a raging sickness took his family, nobody would take him in because of his shape-changing ability, so he had to survive on his own. He’s had a rough childhood, but he’s also stronger and more capable because of it. He sought education as a monk in order to calm his raging inner anger, but also to hone his strength and fighting talents. He has a kind heart to those in need, but if someone were to get on his bad side, the feral animal in him will show itself. He still searches for acceptance and to prove himself, which is probably why he chooses a life of adventure.

This campaign interested me because I like the idea of good old fashioned tabletop rp-ing in the form of an online game. I love the fighting, mystery and exploration of RPing, plus the added bonus of online RPing that lets me contribute to the writing of the story.

I’m a 31 y/o female in the US with a history of D&D and online RPing and writing. It’s just fun. I can play one or both characters I listed, or something entirely different altogether - I’m pretty lenient and just want to be creative and write a good story.

Nice to meet you!

GM EDIT: Characters accepted. Feel free to explore the discord channel, query/decide on contracts, and consider how you'd spend resources to start an adventure. Nice to meet YOU! :D

These Heroes have conquered the bastion of beasts! Rewards include: Cottage Land Grant, 18 pouches of gold, Pocket Myriad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faunus-demon ( animal person! MEOW! wink. ) it is cute, and strong. Like me. They are light weight, so they are sort of stealthy. But they are are able to lift alot more then normal humans due to their demon parent. They have night vision depending and boost to charming ( depending )

BOOST! EXPLOSION! NYA~

3) Most if not all adventuring and tavern carousing will take place on a dedicated discord chat server. This is a chat-centric game. This is what allows for fast paced adventures and hopefully a thrilling game. Forum posts will likely be a fine element as well, but discord chat is the major medium for this game. Please don't let that stop you from having a good time with us!

DISCORD LINK: https://discord.gg/Eh26Hk

I like dnd and such.

5) PM (or Post) me your age and a little about yourself, I'll share right back to "meet you." Makes sense when making friends, yes? Don't worry about judgement on the basis of age -- maturity, interest, and consistency are are the mainstays of any game I find.

I AM NOT INTO THAT KIND OF THING ( I am not into hu x mal )

After these steps are completed and suitability to participate as well as the core concept of the character is hashed out (in PM or in the chat/forums) you will be called upon to start your adventures and introducing your hero here!:

Character thread link: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/unferths-dungeon-clearing-company-character-sheets.352982/

Presently race choice is basically only restricted by the player's imagination and it should not be OP. A good rule of thumb is a “Hero” is somebody who could conceivably win a fight against five trained combatants, and truly kick ass in the presence of unskilled mooks and lowlifes. If you want to rip a giant's head off with a boot-kick, scale it back.

Attolians! No sub-humans.

A noble knight on his quest to build a name for himself and his family

DISCORD LINK: https://discord.gg/Eh26Hk

I love diplomacy and intrigue in the sense that there are multiple ways to get stuff done rather than stab stab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back