• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unearthly: The Next War

ASHOK MINAAL

+

Looking at John, Ashok nodded his head slowly. He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms.

"Thank you, scout. Let's start making plans to get you three out there. It needs to be believable so you'll need masks, some nice clothes." He smiled quickly at Enya. "Of course you, Little Fire, are already in a dress. We'll just have to find you a mask."

Avani had begun to talk when Nicholas barged in the room without warning, which irritated Ashok. He didn't show it though. Honestly, he didn't mind the demon. They were almost what you could call friends. He gave a warning glance to Avani and then directed his attention to the demon.

"No offense, Nicholas. But you have a penchant for trouble. I don't want this mission to be too conspicuous. Especially since you say you know the Queen. 3 people is already too much. How would you feel about staying at the Federation for a bit, helping me plot our next point of attack?"

Ashok hoped Nicholas would refrain from arguing. His mind was already made up. And he wasn't planning on changing it.

AVANI MINAAL

A fuse of excitement lit in Avani's chest when John gave his approval, causing Ashok to also agree. She smiled widely at the scout, unable to contain her eagerness.

Finally, I'm allowed to go on another mission!

She snuggled Enya quickly and then nodded at Ashok's words.

"Believe it or not, there's a costume room here. Some of the faeries and elves like to put on plays when there's not much to do. For the children, really. And you know that everything elven or fae made is excellent quality. We could go-"

Her words were interrupted by the presence of her brother's coworker and friend Nicholas. Avani tried to quell the bubbling annoyance that started in her belly. Ever since that first day at Red Grounds, she had developed a healthy dislike for the loud demon. He tried to act like he was in charge or knew best, and that bothered Avani a great deal.

She was about to retort to Nicholas, when Ashok shot her a withering look. Biting back her words, she looked away. Ashok informed the demon that three was already enough for an undercover mission. Avani tried not to smile. She glanced over at John with an happy expression.

"If you want to come with me, we can go pick out our disguises. Don't want to show up looking like soldiers." Avani laughed lightly as she got up, scooping Enya into her arms.

She jerked her head in the direction where wing where the costume room was located, signaling for John to follow. While waiting for him to follow, she threw an easy grin in his direction.

"Going to a ball. I hope you know how to dance."

ESMERALDA DRAGO

~

He stood in front of her. Her own power was overlapping with his, and she could feel it radiating in the air around her. When he stepped out of the shadows, Esmeralda was surprised to see that up close...he looked young, in his 30s. Though looks could be very deceiving. In truth, he was probably much older than that. She opened her mouth to speak, stepping forward. But before any words left her lips, he was gone in a swirl of wind...a pile of black sand in the place where he once stood.

So he's a transporter as well. Huh. Maybe I'll see this strange man at the ball.

Esmeralda stood speechless for a moment more, then shook her head. Taking her hair out of it's bun, she let it fall loosely over her shoulders. One of her handmaidens had helped straighten down the curls earlier in the day, so it would fall like a smooth curtain down her back for the Masquerade. Patting down her locks, she scanned the area. No one was close by, undoubtedly they were all making their way towards the palace. It was just Anexius and her, alone in the light of the alley lamps. It was time they go back home. And that she wasn't pretending to be a villager.

Sighing, she undid knot in the cloak that covered her fine garments. Folding it and then clutching it to her middle, her eyes wandered towards Anexius. She felt sad for some reason...the thrill of the chase was over and she hadn't even gotten to really speak to the cause of it all. She stood in the middle of the dark alley, dressed in her shimmering black gown. Looking back up towards the sky, she spoke slowly and in a distracted tone. Almost disappointed.

"Well. We have a ball to get to. And seeing as I look like the Queen again...would you mind flying us to my terrace?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashmorne said:

ASHOK MINAAL

+

Looking at John, Ashok nodded his head slowly. He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms.

"Thank you, scout. Let's start making plans to get you three out there. It needs to be believable so you'll need masks, some nice clothes." He smiled quickly at Enya. "Of course you, Little Fire, are already in a dress. We'll just have to find you a mask."

Avani had begun to talk when Nicholas barged in the room without warning, which irritated Ashok. He didn't show it though. Honestly, he didn't mind the demon. They were almost what you could call friends. He gave a warning glance to Avani and then directed his attention to the demon.

"No offense, Nicholas. But you have a penchant for trouble. I don't want this mission to be too conspicuous. Especially since you say you know the Queen. 3 people is already too much. How would you feel about staying at the Federation for a bit, helping me plot our next point of attack?"

Ashok hoped Nicholas would refrain from arguing. His mind was already made up. And he wasn't planning on changing it.

AVANI MINAAL

A fuse of excitement lit in Avani's chest when John gave his approval, causing Ashok to also agree. She smiled widely at the scout, unable to contain her eagerness.

Finally, I'm allowed to go on another mission!

She snuggled Enya quickly and then nodded at Ashok's words.

"Believe it or not, there's a costume room here. Some of the faeries and elves like to put on plays when there's not much to do. For the children, really. And you know that everything elven or fae made is excellent quality. We could go-"

Her words were interrupted by the presence of her brother's coworker and friend Nicholas. Avani tried to quell the bubbling annoyance that started in her belly. Ever since that first day at Red Grounds, she had developed a healthy dislike for the loud demon. He tried to act like he was in charge or knew best, and that bothered Avani a great deal.

She was about to retort to Nicholas, when Ashok shot her a withering look. Biting back her words, she looked away. Ashok informed the demon that three was already enough for an undercover mission. Avani tried not to smile. She glanced over at John with an happy expression.

"If you want to come with me, we can go pick out our disguises. Don't want to show up looking like soldiers." Avani laughed lightly as she got up, scooping Enya into her arms.

She jerked her head in the direction where wing where the costume room was located, signaling for John to follow. While waiting for him to follow, she threw an easy grin in his direction.

"Going to a ball. I hope you know how to dance."

I nodded acknowledging Ashok's 'thanks'. John looked at Avani finding it hard not to notice her smile, "Yes lets go." he got up and motion for her to lead me. Upon her last comment I think to myself. Yay, I have not danced since Allia taught me lets hope I can dance, damn it I should have recommended one of my colleagues to take place of me, I can do undercover, but undercover at a gathering with lots of people is not my best forte, and I dread the cover story she will come up with. Anyway lets get this over with. "Well lets go, and find something for the ball."

Eryn.

Noctus Imperium was a strange land; granted, it was not earth, but she somehow never imagined it to be much different. She climbed the steps of the Federation, gathering her bearings as she thought to begin her life in the Union. Though the prospect seemed foreign to her, it was more promising than continuing to live where she’d stayed all her life. No, that wasn’t the life she wanted. At least here she could fight for her kind. Not knowing quite what to expect, she opened the large doors

“Hullo?” She called in, almost wincing as her voice seemed to echo through the halls.

[sorry for the tiny post, I didn’t want to type anything that was inconsistent. They’ll definitely get longer as I get less confused xD ]

ASHOK MINAAL

+

Ashok nodded as his sister commandeered the little group out of the room, a small smile playing on his lips.

We're not so different after all, Av. Like brother like sister.

He leaned back in his chair, his arms crossed as he waited for Nicholas to respond, but turned when he heard a voice call down the hallway, near the side entrance of the Federation.

"I'll be back in a moment," Ashok nodded to the demon before stalking out of the room to answer the call.

The Federation had many entrances, and he figured he would just take care of this one himself. People came in quite often, many times in the wrong place, hoping to be a part of the Union. Moving down the hallways a bit, he was met by a human woman with bright hair. He nodded his head in greeting, speaking evenly.

"You seem a bit lost. Can I help you?"

AVANI MINAAL

Avani nodded at John easily as they moved down the hallways. She walked in contented silence, mind aflutter with ideas. It had been ages since she last wore a gown. And now she was wearing one specifically for a mission. Go figure. She would be lying if she were to say she wasn't a little eager for the chance to actually dress like a girl.

Eventually, they reached a heavy wooden door with the words "COSTUME AND SET" embossed upon a golden plaque. She opened it and to reveal medium sized room filled with racks of clothing. The walls were made of shelves that were also laden with garb, shoes, wigs, makeup, and accessories. Boxes were tucked beneath the racks, filled with different jewelry and miscellaneous items. Avani stepped in the dimly lit space with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Don't tell the elves, but we've come in here more than once to use the costumes on undercover missions. A lot of times, a soldier's uniform just doesn't cut it." She set Enya down and began perusing the racks of clothing for a good dress. "Plus, the elves and fae take such pride in their work. It keeps them busy when things are slow, and gives us plenty of disguises."

Avani pulled out a long, inky blue gown the same color as the nighttime sea. It glittered in the light, strapless and with a full skirt. She squinted her eyes as she scrutinized it, deciding if this was the one she wanted to wear. "
So, John. What should our cover story be?"

The suspicion that I felt was confirmed as a bulbous demon met me upon the roof. I felt something close to nausea in his presence. Like I said, a natural aversion. I glanced down on the street quickly to see the another man disappear. A chill crawled down my spine.

A Necromancer, a raiser of the dead. I narrowed my eyes, wings rising slightly.
The dead should be allowed to stay in the afterlife.

Conflicted, I looked back at the creature that spoke to me so callously. I, who was one step down from an Archangel. He didn't even begin to understand the raw purity of my powers. I dropped my hand to the hilt of my sword, regarding the being with hooded eyes. He was powerful, and as sickened it made me feel to admit it...we were on the same side.

"I'm here simply for the protection of her majesty Lady Esmeralda Drago." With nod of my head, I continued firmly. "Long live the Queen."

Eryn's attention quickly turned to the man who entered the room; he was an olive skinned fellow with dark hair. He looked hardened enough. He must be a soldier, she thought. Just the person she needed to talk to. A satisfied smile graced her freckled face as she stepped forward to greet him

"This is where folks come ta join the union," came her weathered rasp "did I come to the right place?"

she eyed the man curiously, a bit tentative of the people she was meant to fight beside. Shed never really fought in a war, so she thought she might be weary of just about anything.

"Then you and I are both here for somewhat of the same purpose, I'm here for a job, whether it's the Necromancer or the Queen depends on who can stomach my generalship," he bellowed in one raspy tone before gliding off towards his posse to lead them towards the masquerade, he turned to the angel as they walked down the road.

"
I guess you and I will be seeing each other around, angel," he rasped with the hungry looks of demons and imps behind him, he moved towards the Grand Palace to find the masquerade, moving slightly slower than Esmeralda and Anexius' cool pace mainly because of dealing with numbskulls, phrases like 'Don't you dare get lost' and 'Don't you dare eat that person' gurgled all around the city, making them a lot more noticeable, and it almost drove the Cacodemon to madness, but he felt a bit more alive leading his small army of Hellspawn towards a royal palace. In fact one imp gurgled, "It's almost like we're going to wage a siege or something right boss?" He was responded with a mutter, "More like storming a interplanetary base only to get annihilated by a single human." Only the Demons understood what that meant, while the imps were confused as to why their leader would every reference getting annihilated, only morbid fools would do that. But they ignored his reference and move on-wards, ever closer to the palace.

Donnie

Late, no I.D. badge and no money for lunch. Great.

Donnie sat in his blue Marina with the driver side window rolled down to allow the wafting smoke a place to ascend to the Heavens.. if they still existed that is. The harpy puffed away at a slender cigarette tossing it out into the Federation parking lot before exiting the care and stomping it out, he had been cutting back almost quit a couple of weeks back but with everything that's happened since his base was destroyed he figured
Fuck it.

Donnie lit another as he came across the lot and entered through the large double door entrance, Ashok was there speaking to young red-headed woman so he gave him a courtesy wave as he went by to the secretary.

"
Forgot my i.d. badge today, Donald Nimeck, 234 42 1176," He shot her a toothy grin hoping she'd give him a pass.

Maka

The smell of fermented cheese floated throughout the stuffy, undersized bus.

Oddly enough it made Maka hungry and that fact slightly disturbed her but the stop was coming up so she dismissed it and pulled a yellow cord that ran under the windows of the bus' length, a red 'stop' appeared on a little screen above the driver's head which he regarded for a moment before pulling off to the stop.

Most of the bus emptied out here since most of them were soldiers staying off-base, since the war broke out and the Union took this as their HQ the
buses had been rerouted to prioritize the Federation building. She snaked across the walking path running the perimeter of the building looking for the entrance she had passed it already, and wouldn't see it until she came around again.

"Dammit Finally!" Maka was quite pleased when she found her way the second time around, stupid birds had distracted her with their pretty voices.

Gerald

Gerald Lee walks the mean streets, an integrator soldier that had died prior to the Union's formation he has only just awoken as his body still bound with his soul's final regrets was set upon by a full-fledged Banshee.

"
Leave me alone,"

'
Leave me alone,'

"
I never asked for this, just.. just go!"

'
You did, you did ask you fucking begged,'

"
Not for this! Not this.."

'
This can be bliss if you are so inclined to walk my walk, talk my talk and grow a pair of balls!'

Gerald rubbed his temple gingerly, just below his helmet, as if and improper foreign touch would aggravate the pounding in his head, like jackhammers running straight into the back of his eyeballs.

"
I'm not like you, I'm not, i'm fucking human alright a fucking man!"

He almost laughed despite himself, he was no man and he barely had a run as a soldier, thick blood dripped out of a small burned up hole in the bottom of his jaw but he couldn't feel it anymore. There were only the Jackhammers.

'
You are a fucking. bitch. And you died like one.. This is your second chance to become.. something, before your miserable form fades'

"
I.. I don't- I can't.. fuck.. fuck.. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"

Gerald grabbed the helmet he had taken off of Brick's body and chucked it as far as he could, it bounded down the open street with muffled thumps until it rolled to a stop teetering back and forth almost 20 feet away.

He hadn't noticed the milling crowd of varying races, too many to be sure if they were allies or not but at this point did it really matter?

"
Hey! Hey I need help! please tell me you're friendlies!" Gerald cupped his hands around his mouth to echo the sound towards them hoping for a response.

'
Decurion.. What a pleasant surprise..'

The Jackhammers had burrowed straight into his brain making thinking a challenge, it came like a wipe studded with needles across his mind and the gleam off of that armor sent daggers into his eyeballs.

Ashmorne said:

ASHOK MINAAL

+

Ashok nodded as his sister commandeered the little group out of the room, a small smile playing on his lips.

We're not so different after all, Av. Like brother like sister.

He leaned back in his chair, his arms crossed as he waited for Nicholas to respond, but turned when he heard a voice call down the hallway, near the side entrance of the Federation.

"I'll be back in a moment," Ashok nodded to the demon before stalking out of the room to answer the call.

The Federation had many entrances, and he figured he would just take care of this one himself. People came in quite often, many times in the wrong place, hoping to be a part of the Union. Moving down the hallways a bit, he was met by a human woman with bright hair. He nodded his head in greeting, speaking evenly.

"You seem a bit lost. Can I help you?"

AVANI MINAAL

Avani nodded at John easily as they moved down the hallways. She walked in contented silence, mind aflutter with ideas. It had been ages since she last wore a gown. And now she was wearing one specifically for a mission. Go figure. She would be lying if she were to say she wasn't a little eager for the chance to actually dress like a girl.

Eventually, they reached a heavy wooden door with the words "COSTUME AND SET" embossed upon a golden plaque. She opened it and to reveal medium sized room filled with racks of clothing. The walls were made of shelves that were also laden with garb, shoes, wigs, makeup, and accessories. Boxes were tucked beneath the racks, filled with different jewelry and miscellaneous items. Avani stepped in the dimly lit space with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Don't tell the elves, but we've come in here more than once to use the costumes on undercover missions. A lot of times, a soldier's uniform just doesn't cut it." She set Enya down and began perusing the racks of clothing for a good dress. "Plus, the elves and fae take such pride in their work. It keeps them busy when things are slow, and gives us plenty of disguises."

Avani pulled out a long, inky blue gown the same color as the nighttime sea. It glittered in the light, strapless and with a full skirt. She squinted her eyes as she scrutinized it, deciding if this was the one she wanted to wear. "
So, John. What should our cover story be?"
John's attention went back to Avani, "We could be two friends, keep our cover as simply civilians so we eliminate the issue of meeting the person that is supposed to be our CO and being identified as spies that way. It also gives us more flexibility in our cover story." Once John finished saying his idea of a cover story he went to search for a simple black and white tux, he found one, then the mask was posing a bigger problem to find.

ASHOK MINAAL

+

Donald the harpy came sauntering in, waving at him as he walked up to the secretary. Ashok rolled his eyes, but was a little bit amused. He'd nearly beat the living daylights out of Donald the first time that they met. But they were all on good terms now. Waving back, he turned his attention back to the freckled woman in front of him. He listened to her words about joining the Union, nodding easily. Extending his hand, a lopsided grin appeared on his face. The girl didn't know who he was, which he found vastly refreshing.

"Well, you did come to the right place, and at the right time. My name's Ashok Minaal. I'm the Commander in Chief here. If you want to follow me to the recruitment center, and maybe tell me what position you're seeking here."

AVANI MINAAL

Bringing the fabric of the dress closer to her face to study it better, Avani spoke quickly to John.

"That sounds good to me. Honestly, I'm just excited to be going to this thing, under whatever ruse."

She lifted the dress up and nodded contentedly.

"Yes. This is the dress. I love it...not that it matters," she glanced back over at John and Enya with sparkly eyes. "And hey, it matches your tux too. And Enya, your dress is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen, you lovely little spark."

She threw her chosen dress over her shoulder and began pulling out boxes from beneath the racks, rummaging through them quickly. Finally, she cracked open a box that was filled with masks. Smiling with self-satisfaction, she looked up at the two sheepishly.

"Like I said, I may have been in here many times before. Anyway. Time to pick masks, then let's get dressed, pick our weapons, and head out."

Ashmorne said:

ASHOK MINAAL

+

Donald the harpy came sauntering in, waving at him as he walked up to the secretary. Ashok rolled his eyes, but was a little bit amused. He'd nearly beat the living daylights out of Donald the first time that they met. But they were all on good terms now. Waving back, he turned his attention back to the freckled woman in front of him. He listened to her words about joining the Union, nodding easily. Extending his hand, a lopsided grin appeared on his face. The girl didn't know who he was, which he found vastly refreshing.

"Well, you did come to the right place, and at the right time. My name's Ashok Minaal. I'm the Commander in Chief here. If you want to follow me to the recruitment center, and maybe tell me what position you're seeking here."

AVANI MINAAL

Bringing the fabric of the dress closer to her face to study it better, Avani spoke quickly to John.

"That sounds good to me. Honestly, I'm just excited to be going to this thing, under whatever ruse."

She lifted the dress up and nodded contentedly.

"Yes. This is the dress. I love it...not that it matters," she glanced back over at John and Enya with sparkly eyes. "And hey, it matches your tux too. And Enya, your dress is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen, you lovely little spark."

She threw her chosen dress over her shoulder and began pulling out boxes from beneath the racks, rummaging through them quickly. Finally, she cracked open a box that was filled with masks. Smiling with self-satisfaction, she looked up at the two sheepishly.

"Like I said, I may have been in here many times before. Anyway. Time to pick masks, then let's get dressed, pick our weapons, and head out."
I nodded and looked through the box for a mask, I found one that caught my eyes it was simple, it was black and lightened to a midnight blue, and it only covered the area around the eyes down to the nose and up to the eyebrows.

AVANI MINAAL

A mask painted like a butterfly's wings caught Avani's attention almost instantly. It was the same navy as her dress, with black and gold accenting. Glancing over, she smiled at the mask in John's hand.

"
Looks like we'll be super matchy matchy. Good." she teased, with a quick grin as she held her own mask to her face. She felt pretty comfortable joking around John...wasn't sure why. Tucking the mask into her bag, she looked back up. "Well, we should go change and get pretty. I'll meet you at the Caeli portal in an hour?"

Avani stood to her feet, folding her dress and began walking towards the door.
"Then we'll be dressed to the nines, looking killer...and you know, actually being killer."

She winked and whisked out of the room, mind buzzing with thoughts of dances and being out on the field again.

Ashmorne said:

AVANI MINAAL

A mask painted like a butterfly's wings caught Avani's attention almost instantly. It was the same navy as her dress, with black and gold accenting. Glancing over, she smiled at the mask in John's hand.

"
Looks like we'll be super matchy matchy. Good." she teased, with a quick grin as she held her own mask to her face. She felt pretty comfortable joking around John...wasn't sure why. Tucking the mask into her bag, she looked back up. "Well, we should go change and get pretty. I'll meet you at the Caeli portal in an hour?"

Avani stood to her feet, folding her dress and began walking towards the door.
"Then we'll be dressed to the nines, looking killer...and you know, actually being killer."

She winked and whisked out of the room, mind buzzing with thoughts of dances and being out on the field again.
I smiled, "It would seem so." With that, I entered a separate changing room and changed into my outfit, mask included once that was done I exited and folded up my armor, I went to my personal quarters and grabbed a simple long sword and its scabbard and put it on my side knowing that in these places it was not uncommon to see a person with a sword on their hip, I was trained to use it, in basic when I joined the Union scouts.

Eryn had not noticed Donnie until his voice echoed through the hall. His tone was casual enough to tell her that she need not be so stiff and nervous. She relaxed a bit merely watching him before turning her attention back to Ashok.

"Right, I'm Eryn" She said, not sure if she'd already mentioned her name, as she began to follow him "I'd like to enlist as a scout, if you need any. I have some medical experience, but not enough to be a medic, I don't think."

ASHOK MINAAL

+

Nodding at Eryn, Ashok navigated down the hallways to his office. Unlocking the door, he rounded the desk and seated himself down behind it. It was a slow day, so he could check her in himself. Looking back up, he pulled out a recruitment file. She said that she had some medical experience but not a lot. Instantly, he thought of Avani. His sister was good with teaching things, if people were willing to learn.

"Would you be interested in training under a medic?"

AVANI MINAAL

The halls were zig zagging and confusing, but Avani had traversed them enough to know her basic way around. She unlocked the door to her suite, tossing her bag to the side and heading straight for her bedroom. Holding the dress up, she admired it with a small smile on her face. She pulled the zipper down and changed into the gown, holding up the hem to go look in the mirror. A grin appeared on her face.

Yeah. It's been awhile since I've worn a dress indeed.

She twirled around slowly just once. The strapless gown was fitted to the waist, the flared into a full skirt that fell into a longer train. Soft fabric glittered lightly, reminding Avani of a night sky over water. The dark blue, almost black, was once of her favorite colors. Blinking, she moved and shuffled in her dresser. Around her neck, she fastened her mother's old pearl necklace. Running a brush through her hair, she pinned some of the locks back to accommodate the butterfly mask. Smiling, she strapped her boots back on.

No one is going to be seeing my shoes anyway.

Opening a wide drawer to reveal an array of knives, she picked out her trusty pair of Fox Exagon throwing blades and slid them into her boots. Then, she put on a pair of long silk gloves and tucked a sleek recording device within them. She nodded at her expression and tried to tone down her excitement. Flicking off the lights, she marched to the portal and crossed her arms. Now it was just time to wait.

Ashmorne said:

ASHOK MINAAL

+

Nodding at Eryn, Ashok navigated down the hallways to his office. Unlocking the door, he rounded the desk and seated himself down behind it. It was a slow day, so he could check her in himself. Looking back up, he pulled out a recruitment file. She said that she had some medical experience but not a lot. Instantly, he thought of Avani. His sister was good with teaching things, if people were willing to learn.

AVANI MINAAL

The halls were zig zagging and confusing, but Avani had traversed them enough to know her basic way around. She unlocked the door to her suite, tossing her bag to the side and heading straight for her bedroom. Holding the dress up, she admired it with a small smile on her face. She pulled the zipper down and changed into the gown, holding up the hem to go look in the mirror. A grin appeared on her face.

Yeah. It's been awhile since I've worn a dress indeed.

She twirled around slowly just once. The strapless gown was fitted to the waist, the flared into a full skirt that fell into a longer train. Soft fabric glittered lightly, reminding Avani of a night sky over water. The dark blue, almost black, was once of her favorite colors. Blinking, she moved and shuffled in her dresser. Around her neck, she fastened her mother's old pearl necklace. Running a brush through her hair, she pinned some of the locks back to accommodate the butterfly mask. Smiling, she strapped her boots back on.

No one is going to be seeing my shoes anyway.

Opening a wide drawer to reveal an array of knives, she picked out her trusty pair of Fox Exagon throwing blades and slid them into her boots. Then, she put on a pair of long silk gloves and tucked a sleek recording device within them. She nodded at her expression and tried to tone down her excitement. Flicking off the lights, she marched to the portal and crossed her arms. Now it was just time to wait.
John then got out another thing that he had not used in a long time, it was a device that attached to his wrist, that with a simple combination would power up into a small energy blade that was powered from static electricity. John received it when he did a favor for a dwarf on one of his first Union missions. He was now fully ready to go. He then walked to the portal and noticed what Avani wore and he had to admit she looked stunning the colors seeming to fit her perfectly, he was glad he was a distance away so she would not notice his subtle blush. He got his mind under wraps and walked to where he would be right beside her, "Well shall we go?"

Nicholas de Levive

"Meh, i guess. I didn't really care for it to be honest."
was his very straightforward answer. But it was true, sure he wanted to meet the Queen to gauge her strength as well as the Necromancer's but that would be for another time. "Sure, go ahead. I'll go meet Arken in the meantime. Just whisper to the shadows if you need me."

Connor de Levive

It has been nearly 400 years since a war this big broke out. Back then everything was fought with steel. Nowadays, it was all Might and Magic. But Connor really liked this war, not only was it big and important but it also gave him a reason to use all of his strength. Not to mention it gave him the chance to fight an Azreli, so he didn't mind the effort put into it as long as he could have a private duel with him.

Michael de Levive

"Re-calibrate the Arcana flow into the Heart of the Golem, yes yes just like that! Now, i need some soul stones if anyone can get me some!" They were on the verge of a breakthrough in Golem creation! If this was successful then they could create hundreds of thousands of soldiers that could fight without risking Unearthly and Earthly lives.

Decurion

"C'mon lads, get back to your posts, this isn't a G-damn circus. There's nothing to see here."

The crowd was already dissipating somewhat. They'd come for a bit of street theater and it had all ended under Decurion's steely gaze and his equally steely blade. Disappointment hung in the air like paint.

The helmet shot through the crowd, followed by a cry for help.

Decurion turned to see a man stagger through the multitudes, holding his head like it was about to screw off.

He was wounded. Blood dripped out of his jaw in a slow but steady trickle.

"It's all right, you're among friends-" He turned. "Make yourself useful for once and call a G-damn medic, you sons of mothers!"

The man was really in bad shape. He was hunched over and there were odd bruises all over his body-

Ah. Correction. The man was dead. Decurion knew what rotting flesh smelled like. There was also the fact that maggots were crawling over his festering skin. He frowned. This was a job for Constable Morris. He knew how to deal with the newly Undead.

"Er... Are you aware of the fact that you're dead?"

Some of the naturally-risen zombies often panicked at the sight of their own rotting appendages. It was perfectly natural- one moment you're alive, and then the next thing you know you're buried in a small uncomfortable coffin, there's maggots in your ears, and your fingers have rotted away to the bone. Not exactly a pleasant experience.

"Uh..."

Why was he clutching at his head? Surely zombies didn't feel pain?

Or maybe he wasn't a zombie?

He was at a loss.

AVANI MINAAL

As John approached, Avani noticed that the tuxedo he wore fit him rather well. He looked dashing. She smiled easily, tucking a loose curl of hair behind her ear as he stopped beside her.

"We have to wait for Enya first. Hopefully she'll be here soon," she glanced over at the portal, and then back to John. "You look handsome, by the way. I think we good job matching. Not that it matters."

Laughing lightly, she adjusted her gloves and mask, tapping her foot lightly and waiting for the fire elemental.

"So, John. We have a bit of time to kill before leaving for the ball. We're soldiers here, don't go out to parties that often. When was the last time you danced?"

Ashmorne said:

ASHOK MINAAL

+

"
"Perhaps" She responded. Though she knew her way around basic medical practice, she was more inclined to take up a position maybe more aggressive in nature. She knew it was a stupid question, but she asked anyways. "Will I see any action?

Ashmorne said:

AVANI MINAAL

As John approached, Avani noticed that the tuxedo he wore fit him rather well. He looked dashing. She smiled easily, tucking a loose curl of hair behind her ear as he stopped beside her.

"We have to wait for Enya first. Hopefully she'll be here soon," she glanced over at the portal, and then back to John. "You look handsome, by the way. I think we good job matching. Not that it matters."

Laughing lightly, she adjusted her gloves and mask, tapping her foot lightly and waiting for the fire elemental.

"So, John. We have a bit of time to kill before leaving for the ball. We're soldiers here, don't go out to parties that often. When was the last time you danced?"
John had to force himself not to blush at her complement on his appearance. "The last time I danced, hmm... I believe it was when I was trying to woo an elven woman nearly five times my age, her name was Allia. That night she let me down after the dance, and told me that we couldn't be together, it broke my heart even if I could understand why. Though five years later we boded to the point of brother and sister. I sometimes wonder how she is doing."

Gerald

Gerald slowed to a stop, his head cradled in the intense grip of his balled-up fists as his legs gave up on him dropping his knees painfully to the ground. A sharp stone embedded itself into Gerald's knee drawing a thin line of thick blood from a new wound. The only thing he could feel were his eyes though, he tried to shut out the light but it was already in his brain raking it's nails across the blackboard of his mind wiping anything cohesive into oblivion.

A uniformed corpse approached him casually with his hands up defensively as if he to say he meant no harm.

'
Don't resist,'

"
Wha? Wait no.."

'
Yes.. No.. When it's you how could I give a fuck?'

The zombified soldier slowed his pace as he came within arm's reach of Gerald and dropped to a knee so they were at eye level before reaching out a hand towards him saying something about dying or the dead,
Oh god my head is breaking.., the needle fine wipes across his mind had become drag racers with razor wire stuck to their bumpers.

Gerald just wished the screaming would stop.

His eardrums burst with a light spray of coagulated blood while the contents of his stomach hurried themselves up his throat and onto the pavement, more blood and bile this time but at least he screaming had stopped for a bit. He retched again and the screaming picked back up, that was when he realized that the screams had been coming from him.

'
Just leave it to me..'

"
Decurion! where are you?" They had seen him, they knew he was there somewhere. Gerald's jaw unhinged itself allowing him to magnify the volume and power of his voice but speaking became impossible.

"
D-aahgr, caah-graaaugh! GAAAArrrghh!" 

Donnie & Maka

The Federation building had the smell of a clinical musk with just a hint of oil and smoke, he had grown to love the scent. It meant armor was around the base and where the armored division was you can damn the only Vassals you'll find are the ones in 4 meter crater sized graves.

"Yeah, yeah I get it i'll drive all the way home and drive all the way back just to show you my i.d. badge, fuck," It was protocol of course and he hadn't expected her to let him on base without the badge but goddamn it if it wasn't an inconvenience, nothing for it though.

Donnie made for the door when a familiar lady came in to the lobby, Maka shot him a smile and slithered up to him going through her shoulder bag as she went.

"Oh hey Maka what brings you here? I thought you hated the smell of gunpowder," He had tried to bring her out to the range once before, mostly as a joke, but she wouldn't shut up about the smell 'driving her sinuses crazy'. He figured she got scared when she saw the kickback on the modified remington. In truth she was actually allergic to the residue and broke out into hives wherever it touched her skin.

"
You forgot your.. well everything pretty much, how do you forget a gun?" Maka figured if he could forget all of his stuff and force her to come bring it to him using her good nature then he could take a little lecture.

Her hand found the i.d. badge and Donnie's phone and wallet which she turned over with a smirk, she was still wearing the .357 under her arm in the loosely fitted shoulder holster.

"Range is still open y'know," Donnie smirked right back taking the valuables and shoving them into his pockets, phone left front and wallet right front while the i.d. stayed in hand for the receptionist.

Maka stuck her tongue out at the harpy, she could handle a gun if need be but this was definately not a need be moment.

"Eat me you winged punk,"

"
Gonna cost you, and I want it up front!"

Maka rolled her eyes, and Donnie smirked a little wider. He liked her style and she thought of him as the younger brother she never really wanted, she chuckled and turned to leave.

Decurion

The scream filled the world.

It was like a thousand men falling to their deaths- like the pained screech of a million cats- like a world being torn in two.

It also (rather unfortunately) sounded like someone scratching a blackboard with chewed fingernails.

Decurion was right in front of the source, and therefore, recieved the full blast of the terrible sound.

It was like facing a storm of nails. The sound screeched and scratched over his armor, filled his helmet, resonated throughout his whole body. If Decurion had ever recieved dental care, he would have described it as being like having your tooth drilled, but feeling it burrow straight into the bone and with no narcotics to dull the nerves.

He could feel something about to crack-

-when the screaming stopped.

The soldier kneeling in front of him retched. Blood, gore, various bodily fluids and what seemed to be the remains of his last meal splattered on the ground. A lot of it splashed on the tattered remains of Decurion's tunic.

A thought pushed itself to the front of Decurion's dazed mind-

Damn, that's going to leave a nasty stain...

Another thought berated the first one.

Really? Laundry? At a time like this?

It occurred to him that the poor sod was trying to say something. He looked down.

There was a crack as the soldier, somehow, opened his mouth even wider than before, and aimed another scream at him.

This time, the very air rippled with the sound of pure pain. It was times like this that Decurion really hated being a walking suit of armor. The sceech thrust itself through the chinks and bounced around and amplified. He reached for his sword. It wasn't easy. Everything was shaking harder than a belly dancer in an earthquake. Eventually, his gauntlet reached the hilt of his broadsword. He pulled it out.

He'd be damned if he died- well, died again- because of bad singing. He aimed-

"No opera in the troops!"

The tip of the sword plunged into the banshee's neck.

Nicholas de Levive

As a scream echoed all around him, he knew what it was. A newborn Banshee finding something it hates. Quickly followed by another, much more diluted scream. This one hurt like hell. He immediately began to search for the source through the Shadowlands.

And time for a quick explanation!

The Shadowlands are only accessible to people who have enormous amounts of power and a perfect Dark affinity! As of now, Nicholas de Leviathan is the only entity that can enter the Shadowlands. Also as a side note, the Shadowlands is a darker version of our world where time moves at only 1/50000th of it's normal pace which means traveling through it is much much faster. However, your physical body cannot enter it which renders the travel almost useless, since you cannot actually travel through it. But you can see actions and such at a much slower rate which helps in combat, as well as other things.

He quickly followed the air vibrations to the main mess hall, and boy was it a mess. There was a Risen with a dislocated jaw that was causing the vibrations and by his side was a fuckin' Banshee, oh how he hated them. But most curiously, the vibrations were directed at Decurion.

Gerald's skull cracked, his mouth began to tear at the crotch giving him a makeshift Glasgow Smile but he stopped noticing the rapid deterioration of his body.

'My body now chump,'

The tip of a broadsword plunged into the meat of Gerald's throat silencing the unholy opera and nearly severed his head completely.

"
Oh.." Half of a breath escaped his lips and he looked Decurion in the eyes, What do you see with those eyes of yours?, "Ahh..."

'Am I dead?'

'
You catch on rather slow, you know that?'

Gerald's body slumped against the knight's steel oozing a red gel from his various traumas, his jaw clicked a couple of times as he went through the motions of speaking but to no avail. Not a very pretty death but not many people get a second go at it, or a third for that matter.

'
..What.. Do I do now?'

'
Nothing for you now Gerry, i'll take it from here,'

Fire. He was burning, his whole body felt like it was on fire.

'
Ah! Oh shit! what is this?!' His soul writhed in his form trying to find relief.

'
How long did you think you could hold on to yourself for? you are nothing to me and- I mean look at you, first guy you see and you're on your knees swallowing his sword?'

Gerald would have laughed but all he could do now was try to tear the flesh off of himself, his right arm still moved in unison with his soul and followed the ripping motions perfectly. Nothing worked on the left side and both legs were out of his control but he had something still, the sword slid back out of his throat with a gentle sucking sound as if his neck would miss it's new found companion. Gerald crumpled onto his left side like a cast off rag doll.

'
Baaaaad move my friend, very much a mistake,'

The headaches were coming on again, 'nonononononononononnonononnonononoonNONONONO', his right hand flailed violently against his head as if it would help in some way. It didn't and the burning all over his body felt like it was peeling away everything that made Gerald, well himself in painful strips.

Gerald got to knee, his left hand planted firmly on the ground while the right still beat against his head feebly,
she had them now and he knew she'd put them to use while they were still.. usable.

The left came across and steadied his right for a moment then popped it out of it's socket with a savage pull. Gerald felt himself gliding away from his body, the banshee and the battlefield but he kept trying to stay attached somehow but the ties that bind were burning away.

'
Not like this..'

'
Exactly like this you fuckin' idiot, I hate whiny little fa-'

"
NOT LIKE THIS!"

\The banshee was right there about to finish devouring his soul when, something changed. She had not noticed the changing winds of Gerald's soul, his need to die a man and not a monster drove him on and he tried to it around her.

'
What is this? NO! You fool don-' The two were now one, she devoured as much of his soul as she could and had accidentally fused what was left to the banshee.

Gerald's body fell away with a dull thump as the
newly formed Banshee found it's legs, he was the Banshee now. He looked himself over, might have taken a few years off actually.

No burning, no headache. Gerald Lee felt fuckin'
good.

He grinned unknowingly as he addressed the knight, Decurion.

"
Who do you fight for?" The ecstasy of un-life was the only thing on Gerald's mind right now, the rawness of his form made him feel.. free.

'
Esmerelda.. Esmerelda.. Why does that name sound so.. familiar,'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back