• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Under The Watch

Redwing

Cortanno, as it's called by its inhabitants, is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. There is no truly 'good' part of it. The noble's district is filled with rich snobs and corrupt officials who would gladly stomp on the poor rather than help them. The poor district is filled with murderers and thieves. Nearly every store and tavern is in dept or has a deal with a gang. The few good people of the city hide their deeds because of the city's ruler, Tyson Monsoon. The guy is a god among men. Nearly immortal, incredibly powerful, and incredibly dangerous. He has no loyalty to anyone but himself. Some say that he is a demigod, though most believe that he is simply a sort of 'representative' of the god of death. His god heals his wounds and gives him his powers, but only if he is pleased. The god will only heal Tyson's wounds if the god is pleased, meaning that whenever Tyson makes a large enough mistake, the god will take Tyson's powers away. He will let him have his mortality, but will not give his powers back until he pleases the god again. No one in Cortanno has ever tried to overthrow the man. All know of his ability in combat, and all realize the futile effort that would be his impeachment. 'The Watch' is Tyson's police force, a highly trained group who travel in pairs.

(Short version - The city of Cortanno is a land of fantasy creatures, but horrible people. There are next to no actual good people, but the few that do exist are not willing to rise against the leader of the country, Tyson Monsoon. He is nearly immortal and incredibly powerful, which is why no one tries to kill him.)

Rules:

1. No godmodding.

2. Be active, please. At least one post a week, preferably more.

3. Let everyone else post before you post again, make sure everyone has a chance.

4. There will be 6 spots available, excluding me. Once those spots are taken up, I cannot accept anyone else, sorry.

5. Fade to black if necessary.

6. In terms of character creation, any fantasy creature is allowed (as long as it's not overpowered), even hybrids of fantasy creatures.

7. Be respectful to each other, arguing and fighting in character is fine, but don't take it to OOC chat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Connor ran through the streets of Cortanno, his boots splashing in the wet cobblestone. Lightning flashed throughout the city, followed after a second by booming thunder. The boy's hood and scarf hid his face and identity from the pursuing guards. It was the first time he had ever been caught. If it hadn't been for that damned crow behind him... he shook the thoughts from his head. Connor turned a corner into an alley, ran down it, then turned again, before finally turning one last time. He looked to a nearby door, opened it, then slammed it behind him as he entered the building. He took a deep breath and leaned against the door. Once he had caught his breath, Connor looked around the building. A tavern. It wasn't the worst place to end up, at least it wasn't someone's home. He sighed and pocketed the money. The job was done, even if the man who had assigned it didn't know. He pulled down the scarf from his nose but kept his hood on, just in case. He looked down at his arm. The blue parts weren't glowing, thank god. That was one of the small things he could control, whether or not it glowed. Connor rolled his eyes at himself. It drove him crazy sometimes. It just made him stand out. The only thing it was good for was blocking attacks, but since he was never caught, that never happened, so it was still useless. "Whatever." He muttered to himself. He took a seat at the bar. Even though he was of age, he didn't like the taste of alcohol, so he never bothered to drink it. He didn't pay any attention to the people around him, figuring it would be best to buy a drink. A bartender walked up to his seat. "What'll you be ha-" He was cut off by Connor. "Anything that's not alcohol." The bartender shrugged and went off to fill the order.

Shoving her sketchbook into her bag, Aimee stood with a huff. She thought she could sketch the ruins of the old building she had come across but she just couldn't. The building made her feel lost, at first she wanted to sketch it's beauty yet serene and lonely look then get home to pull out the biggest canvas she had so she could paint it because the building wouldn't be there forever but she couldn't get the details perfect so she was giving it up for another day also it seemed like it would rain soon. Aimee stood up only to get knocked back down by a guard, 'Where'd he go?' 'I thought you were following him!' 'Damnit the boss won't like this..'. The guards argued as they walked back in the direction they had come, one of them looking down at her as she stood back up dusting herself off. 'Maybe we should have some fun before we get back to the boss.' Aimee froze, peeking up at the guards as the three stopped walking to look at her. Turning, she took off down the alley as the guards chased her down. Why me, I didn't do anything wrong! Oh, please leave me alone! Please don't make me go demonic now! Aimee bit her tongue to keep from shifting to her demonic form, whenever she went demon, she'd go on a killing spree on anyone that meant her harm. Suddenly one of the guards tackled her from behind, a piercing scream filled the air as she tried to get loose from the guard, trying her best to keep her demonic side in check.

Sebastian felt really good today, he felt like today was a good day. The weather was really bad, it's raining hard and the wind was blowing furiously. From time to time, lightning will strike, illuminating the skies, and thunder will roar a second after. People were scurrying, trying to get under a roof to avoid the rain. People around him were having a bad day because of the forming storm, but he is smiling as wide as he can. Oh how he loves a good storm! He was walking down the street, wet but happy. If there's one thing he disliked about it is that Nyx is grumpier than usual. The cat is inside his coat, and she's not amused. "Oh cheer up, we might go to a tavern. Just let me enjoy the rain for awhile." He said, smiling to the cat. After a few minutes, he decided to go in the tavern, having had his fun. He heard a piercing scream, a scream of a young girl from the sound of it. He sighed. "Looks like we might not be going to the tavern anytime soon." He said, heading to where the sound came from.

(@Sorasonic, it isn't really a big deal, but lightning comes before the thunder.)

V strolled along. Enjoying the scenery.

Sounds quite wrong, considering the scenery at hand, now doesnt it? V was in fact making her way to get something strong to drink after a sort of discouraging job. It was finished as the man who the hit was placed upon fell within moments of finding. Still... not before seeing her. Eyes that saw the murderer change the "just doing my job" to "i want you dead at my hand".

Shuddering, she blamed it on the incoming storm and tugged upon her worn leather trench slightly. She remained unnerved as screams filled the air and a mam of whom she had not noticed had spoken.

Too bloody to be a job... by the sound. Or the person was just a sadist. The thought made her smirk.

She turned to follow after settling on a concluding thought. Either defense or a victim of a random attack actually being mauled.

Lock and Key occupy a booth in the tavern. Lock's tail is calmly swaying, content with the weather noises and the warmth of Key's small body. He smirks at the number of shot glasses on the table. The only way to settle Key's nerves was to give her enough alcohol to drown out her thoughts of thunder. Lock crosses his arms and surveys the room, on full protection mode. He was going to make sure his little sister enjoyed an undisturbed slumber.

Key is curled up with her face nuzzled into Lock's chest. She snores lightly, and her paws are hidden by her coat sleeves. Strangers that pass may recognize her and assume Lock got tricked into buying her drinks without receiving a reward in bed. Lock is not extraordinary strong compared to other town residents, but Key feels complete peace knowing he is there with her, so her brain stays in a dreamy fog without a hint of nightmares.

The guard shoved her around on her back, without thinking Aimee throws her leg up and punches the guard in the nose so hard blood hits her cheek. The guard rolled off her as the two other guards, now holding weapons ran at her. She jumps up and drops her bag, her horns beginning to show as her demonic fron began to show. 'Monster!' 'No, demon! Kill it!' Aimee growled, "Puny creatures, always getting themselves killed." Grinning she lunged forward, sinking her teeth into the closest guard's throat ripping half his throat apart. The third guard screamed and ran away but she wasn't done, no they had sick minds and didn't deserve the beauty of life. With this thought in her mind, she raced after the last guard tackling him onto the street. The guard pleaded and begged for his life but then they all did, Aimee looked around and saw nobody around. Thankful nobody could see her, she lift her hand and shoved it into the guards chest straight for his heart, crushing it beneath her fingers. Standing up, she drags the body to the alley with the other dead guard and hides them in a dumpster. Only then did she notice the first guard, the one that had attacked her, was gone. "Shit, looks like I messed up. Well nobody will believe he's lucid, they'll think he's crazy." Wiping her hands and mouth, Aimee picks up her bag and leaves the alley, the rain pouring and cleaning the grounds of any blood.

(You don't need to listen to the entire clip, just thought it would be nice to listen to until the rain stop in the rp.)

Sebastian ran fast, reaching the place in no time. It was an old building, already in ruins. It made the perfect set up for a theft, murder, even rape. But that's not what's disturbing. "It's too quiet." He said, noticing the sudden absence of noise. Even though the assailants managed to silence their victim, there would still be noises. Nyx kept meowing, complaining about being wet and cold. "Hush, something's not right." He said, entering the ruins. The whole place is empty, and surprisingly clean. He tried to look for anything, anything that may explain the noise, but there was nothing to be seen. "I guess it's just my imagination. Better head over to the tavern before you freeze to death." He said, smiling at the cat.

Pale fingers danced across the wooden boards of the door, tracing the delicate design of gentle, hanging clouds. A lone hum, drenched in memory was hung in the blustery air, a whisper for what was lost long ago. The wind nipped sharply at her cheeks, tinting a soft red but yet she stood there in the frigid storm, numbed in her own thoughts. Finally, she dropped her hand to the black handle and pulled open the swinging door. The blast of heat was full of rich scents, spices and wines, the bitter waft of rum. The melody of a playing violin stopped and it fell to stillness. Stepping into the dry comforts, she pulled down her hood and flashing green eyes opened, swirling in mirth glanced around the huge monstrosity of a room. The men and woman had paused, unsure of what to do or say. The woman that stood before them, held down their tongues with that simple stare.

Envious green gems, so inviting but dangerous.

Shaking clear water droplets from short blonde hair, curved bangs sliding down the curve of her neck, Keira smiled. It didn't matter where she went or how she changed her appearance. Others would always feel the difference of her presence and she welcomed it knowingly. A room flew open and a man of the same hair color she wore rushed past the tables to meet her. "Hah! Little weed! Look at you! It's been a long time hasn't it!"

Keira turned her gaze towards the gentleman, the co-owner, and regarded him with a distasteful frown. "Jackus. Respect would be appreciated when speaking to me." She gazed around him, catching hold of whispering tongues that had once began to move. She could see the words, 'sister', 'lover', and others among the sort. It was just as she would have wanted. Perfect in fact. Hoping that no one had caught on her superior tone, she yawned lightly and fell forward to cling onto the man's frame. "Jackus! I have missed this place so much! You know how much it means to see it taken cared of! I thought you would have destroyed it after father died."

The gossip shimmered down, her words loud enough to be heard and understood. Siblings. Standing on her tip toes, she leaned forward to be only heard by her faithful friend. "I need my scrolls. Have them prepared before I leave." Jackus nodded and rose away from, but not before ruffling his supposed sister's hair. "Ah, take a seat and be good. I'll be back to take you out later!" Keira merely huffed in disdain and took her place at an empty table. Curious eyes still followed the girl but returned to normal business. And once more the violin began to play it's song.

"Your drink." The bartender handed a cold glass of water to Connor, who downed in within seconds. "Thanks." The bartender left him to his own devices and went to take more orders. The bar was nearly filled, as always. Mostly non-humans, as always. Half elves, werewolves, lizardmen, orcs, treemen, all sorts of creatures. Sometimes it seemed like the entire city's population of magical creatures were in taverns, probably to drink away the memory of Tyson's laws. Some also looked like they were hiding as well, another useful function of taverns. Connor tilted his head towards the door when he heard the sound of footsteps. Among the footsteps, the half-demon could make out the words "Arrest..." and "Damned creatures..." Connor stayed where he was and pulled his scarf up above his nose, just in case.

Aimee walked towards a tavern but stopped and fell against a building. I swore to mama I wouldn't let it out but it came out. It killed those humans, I killed them and I enjoyed it! I enjoyed their blood spurting everywhere, their screams. Maybe I have become a monster. No the humans are weak, they should've put up a better fight. They should've left me alone. She stayed against the building, despite the pouring rain. She didn't like killing but she wasn't going to let herself get killed, might as well allow herself the joy of killing to survive. Nodding her head, feeling her actions were right and her mind resolved that she wasn't bad, Aimee stood up and walked into the tavern. The tavern quieted a but as eyes watched her, she grinned letting her razor sharp fangs to show and the eyes that watched her decreased to only a few. Voices whispered about her, 'It's her.' , 'The Halfling that craves death.' , 'Don't get near her.' , 'She bites and not in a good way.' Aimee blocked them out and went to a particularly dark table. Leaning her head back against the wall she pulled out her sketchbook and began sketching making sure to give fine detail to a dark figure that had a cup of water and was covering his face with a scarf. She normally didn't take interest in drawing living things but she felt she needed to add him to her collection of rarely drawn life forms.

As blood became a new scent of the rain stained air, V decided to turnin and enter the tavern. Her long and uneven blonde hair became like cold, dark sand resting heavy against her damp cheeks and forhead. Clothing reciding within the protection of the leather trench stayed dry to an extent. Taking the weather as a final incentive to get warm, she entered the tavern and was immediately hit with a warm busy life, contrasting to that on the other side of the wooden door.

A woman whos appearance spoke before she did caught her eye first. Quite beautiful but a bit of a presence. Next one of whom she would have paid no mind to had it not been for the rude whisperings.. then finally.. i lone man in the tavern with no alcoholic beverage, and nothing to bring eyes to him in the first place.

Taking a seat near said man she ordered "any heavy rum on the rocks. No preference, mein. Freund." She listened to the music and the whispers to notice the girl or rose colored hair and eyes was near. She offered them both a sharp toothed smile before greatfully recieving her drink.

Sebastian entered the tavern, smiling brightly. Other than the suspicious screaming he heard awhile ago, he was in a very happy mood. A good storm really puts him in a good mood. Too bad the storm won't last long.He stood by the door, observing the tavern and its patrons. Most patrons were nondescript, just your normal, as far as normal goes, tavern patrons, except for a few.

There's a girl in a booth, drawing. Who the hell draws in a tavern?! There's also these two cat-human thingies, the girl sleeping on the boy, who appears to be her brother. He really don't know what they are, but they're pretty cute, and they are cats after all. There's also this girl, who apparently ordered a heavy drink. "She must have a strong tolerance to alcohol, or she won't leave with her clothes on." He thought. And finally, the most suspicious of all, is a guy with a scarf. Why wear a scarf to cover your face? Unless you did something you didn't want others to know.

He sat in a table that is near those he observed, wanting to see them more. A bartender went up to him, asking what he wants. "Coffee for me and a bowl of milk for the cat." He said, setting Nyx down on the floor. The bartender looked like he was ready to laugh, until Sebastian glared at him. His glare is truly frightening and unsettling. "Any problem?" He ask the bartender in a terrifyingly polite voice. "N-No p-problem at all!" He said, hastily running off to fill his order. Sebastian smirked, seeing how easily spooked he was.

The building was filling and the heat rose along with the number of occupants. She shuffled in the hard wooden seat, willing for Jackus to return and send her on her way. Her hands drummed against her thigh, rapid in worry as she glanced back and forth. Now that she was here, back were she began she felt as if the building still held her secrets. Secrets she had woven away from plain sight but the high caution of her misadventures would always be there to remind her. The beating hand fell hard against her leg, inner muscle tense to break the pain of the hit. And she calmed instantly.

Breathing an unruffled sigh, she noted that the tavern had grown more colorful in it's residents, less human and more ... beastly. A woman for example, who had shown sharp teeth in warning as she entered from the freezing rain, at least that was what could be supposed. But it made no sense to her, childish action being used to scare away others. Especially when nothing had been done. She decided her foolish on the spot. Foolish and quick tempered. But she couldn't blame her, this world had grown too unwelcoming, even for the worst of criminals.

She brushed her tongue against her teeth unconsciously, feeling their own point but only found them in all human fashion. It was disappointing, concerning her race but at least she seemed somewhat powerless. Speaking of human, Jackus still had not returned. She stood from her seat, the stiff legs scratching against the gleaming black tiles. She looked over the heads of those who sat, searching for a spot of familiar blonde hair but found none. And without thought, she dove into bustling movement of waiters and customers. Swerving in an out of the wandering hands and suggestive drunk calls of those fallen into a liquor filled haze, Keira walked to the door where Jackus has disappeared behind. Turning the handle, she slipped into the first step of a flight of stairs. She wondered for a moment, if she would remember where to go.

Keira would have turned back, but a loud bang from an upstairs room caught her attention followed by a string of curses. Taking hold of the metal railing, she led herself up the twirling staircase, a glimmer of flame rising from an outstretched hand to open a way through the dim light.

"Jackus!", she hissed. "Where are you?"

V recieved nothing from her attempt of a pleasent smile but odd stares. She supposed with such canines, it was to be expected. Focusing on her human blood, they shrunk down and clpsed her lips in her jovial grin. Finishing her first drink, she ordered another and sang in a happy silver tongued voice, "danke... hey.. with the water. Can i buy you anything? Something to make ya feel as warm on the inside as it is in the room?"

Icey blue eyes smiled but widened a fraction at a sound she heard by the stairs. Chuckling, she took a look towards them and watched the attractive woman create flame and take mild action.

"Ahh.. beautiful ppwer there."

Connor glanced at the woman next to him. "No." He turned away from her and went back to waiting. Sure, he may have looked a bit stupid, but he knew something was coming, however he just didn't know what. He heard the voices outside again. 'Can we...?' 'Not until...' That assured Connor that he just needed to wait. His arm had gone nearly unnoticed, which was good. Hopefully it will continue unnoti- The sound of crashing glass and the slam of a door interrupted his thoughts. Every window in the tavern shattered, followed by at least five guards entering the building, all with their weapons drawn. The door opened to reveal even more guards, who poured into the tavern. One of the larger ones, who also seemed to be wearing the heaviest armor, started shouting. "Nobody move! Get down on the ground!" He pointed to a woman walking upstairs. "You! Get back down here!"

Keira stopped midstep, her flame instantly dying at the demanding tone. She looked to her hand and back to the stairs. Jackus... Glazing over her shoulder, already finding that most of the customers had fallen to their knees, shaken to a deadly core of reality. They would always live in fear. With blank eyes, she pondered the idea of just burning them. It would be easy, simple, and she could disappear just as she always had. But the tavern would burn with the men and innocent lives could be lost. A fist clenched and she twisted back around, heart heavy in distaste. Her scrolls were up there, they could be found, she would loose them.

Once at the the bottom of the step, she stopped and cast a withering stare towards the large man, captain of the guard by the symbol worn on his chest. But she did not fall to her knees. "I won't get on the ground. It's filthy." She stated it as fact, simply spoken as if that would make a difference.

Aimee peeked up from her sketching and smirked, did they honestly think she would get down on her knees? In front of a man? Men at that. No, she wouldn't. She set her book inside her bag and slipped it under the bench. She stood on the bench and stuck out her tongue at the nearest guard, "Sorry boys, this chick doesn't follow orders well." Saying this she bent to grab her bag and threw herself out a window, landing on a guard outside. She kicked him in the groin and grinned when he doubled-over, she slipped passed the other guards jumping on one's back to propel herself up to the top of the building. She sticks out her tongue again and hides herself in the shadows, jumping to another building.

V chuckled at the scenario with slight nerves. Oh free land indeed. She had her father to thank when she reached him on the other side. Her eyes slid to the sober man with a smirk, then the amusing woman again as she began to understand her mentality. Pride.. one side to be noticed of this girl.

V slowly slid to the floor, icey white hands touching the floor and frost sliding across the wood discretely. She laid in waiting, seeming like she was obeying their words.

"Entschuldigung.." she mumbled to the man beside, eyes warning him of what she might do. "I... did not realize you arent a drinking man." She said carefully. She was not as brave as the girl who lept from the window appearantly.

He sighed, seeing the guards enter. Can a man not enjoy his coffee for a few hours? Well it seems not. "You! I said get down on the floor!" One of the guards said, slapping my coffee from my hands. Sebastian chuckled as he stood up, turning to give the guard a fierce grin.

"You have no idea how bad you fucked up today." He said, laughing hard. The guard took a step back in surprise. "You seriously don't know who I am? Let me enlighten you then." He said, his gloves turning into hideous clawed gauntlets. He grabbed the man's throat, squeezing hard as he electrocuted the guard. The guard was flailing around, his eyes rolling back and his body beginning to smoke. Sebastian let go of the body, the body burnt and smoking. "Care to join him?" Sebastian ask, sneering at the guards.

Connor smirked slightly. He had been right. Though what he hadn't expected was for the woman to jump out the window. He mentally shrugged it off. The guards hadn't payed him head yet, so he turned his head to see a young man kill a guard. The group of at least 35 guards all raised their crossbows, bows, and swords at the man, outnumbering him easily. "No. Five of you," The captain pointed out to his men, "go find the girl and bring her back here." Five guards nodded and left the building in search of the escaped girl. "Now, as I was saying..." The captain began to bark orders at the tavern inhabitants again, all of his guard still pointing their weapons at the man. Connor sighed. Looks like it's gonna have to be now. Connor picked up the nearest glass bottle of alcohol and got up from his seat. He turned around and, with his head down, started walking towards one of the guards. "Halt, this shall be none of your concern citizen." Connor continued towards the guard. "Wait... your arm..." Connor was within meters now. He flipped the bottle in his hand so that the bottom of the bottle was facing up, in a club-like fashion. "You're not huma-" The man was cut off. Connor smashed the bottle into the man's head, shattering most of the bottle and knocking the man out. Half of the bottle was now gone, but what remained was jagged and sharp. Connor dodged as a man thrust his sword in direction, and took the opportunity to stab the bottle into the man's outstretched arm. The man yelled in pain before Connor knocked him out. The tavern inhabitants took the hint, and within a matter of seconds, a fight between the Watch and the non-human citizens of Cortanno broke out.

She felt them chasing her, she wanted so badly to smack herself for thinking on instinct back there. The guards were catching up, she could switch to her demon form but that usually led to blood shed. So instead she stopped running and jumped down to the street, lifting her arms she waited for someone to tackle her down but the guards stopped running with her. Looking behind her she saw they had crossbows aimed at her, No way can I dodge one of those in this form, they'd shoot me if they even saw me shifting demonic. Ugh looks like I'm surrendering. 'Turn! Slowly! Make your way back to the tavern. NOW!' Rolling her eyes, she turned. Slowly. Making her way back to the tavern with arrows aimed at her all the while.

Making it back to the tavern, she had already seen the fight from the distance. The guards that had their arrows aimed at her were stunned and didn't know what to do. Using this chance, she ducked so fast the guards shot the pavement while she slammed her leg into a guard causing him to be thrown into two other guards. They hit the building so hard they fell limp to the ground, the two other guards reacted faster than she thought. One had pulled out a dagger and stabbed her on her right thigh while the other guard was knocking another arrow. Despite the dagger in her leg, she opened her mouth and bite down on the guard, that stabbed her, on his arm pulling out muscle. She let him go knowing he wasn't going to retailiate and pulled the dagger out of her leg and threw it at the last guards chest not knowing if she hit him fatally or what. Falling to the ground she sat there waiting for the tavern "brawl" to end, shoving her hands down on her wound trying to stop the bleeding. She hated her human side out of all her siblings she was the only one that healed the slowest, so slow she was practically healing like a human.

On the ground, V smiled taking in this pleasent outcome. Frost covered her fingers in anticipation and her toothy smile showed extended canines as she bolted full speed at the guards.

Just as soon, her feet slid across the ground as though she was running without lifting her feet and ice grew over her body like armor. She planted to fists in two gaurds chests and swept a kick missing the other guards. At that moment, a shard of ice flew from her foot and lodged itself in between his eyes. Blood spurted from the backs of the guards she punched and they limply fell backwards, revealing that a large spike of ice found its way through them.

Both melted away and she took a moment to watch what was becoming before she started again. It was beautiful.. really. This spurt of rebellion felt like a dance, practiced for years and sliding together. Tis a shame that is would most likely end in many assassination attempts for so long as they have names..

She took a look around the room and thought again, would it be that different?

Sebastian was so delighted by what he started, seeing the brawl that ensued. He pretended to wipe a tear off his eye. He looked at Nyx, who rolled her eyes at his dramatics. "I'm so proud of them." Sebastian said, feeling like a mother seeing her child onstage.

A guard foolishly tried to hit him in the head with a bottle. As the bottle shattered over his head, the guard was thrown away by some electric shock. "You just made the wrong person made." He said, his whole body starting to be covered with dark smoke, or rather, storm clouds.

Once the clouds disappeared, what was left was a terrifying creature. Standing at 7 ft tall, it towered over most of the creatures in the tavern. Four long and curved horns sprouted from his head, alongside two massive wings on his back. His skin took on a reddish hue, his gauntlet merging with his hand. "You just angered the storm demon." He said, his voice low and rumbling, like an ensuing storm.

He looked at the girl who appeared to be the owner. "I am sorry for what will happen next, but I'll just reimburse you." He said, his red eyes staring at her intensely. The storm outside began to grow stronger, the rain picking up strength and the winds roaring. "Now, if you gentleman would like to leave here with your skins still on your flesh and your brains not turned to mush, I suggest you leave now." Sebastian sternly said.

Oh no.

Nononononono.

Keira stood in horror, watching the tavern fall into the deafening cry of battle. The madness of it all was if anything, heart thundering. She was frozen, unable to say or do much but think back to when she first started this place. It had been a wavering business, she a amateur that stumbled over every little word when a customer walked in. Now the building was done for, condemned to the public. The Watch, would go through everything if it was still intact and that would not happen.

It couldn't happen.

When she was approached by the demon, she wasn't quivering in fear. More or less anger for what would happen. Keira turned sharply, narrowed eyes holding an unholy ray of flames beneath their depths. "The owner is upstairs." The reply was quick and sharp, pointed to the brittle bone. If her words had been any colder, they would have surely chilled the room. And she resumed her place back on the stairs and burst through the door of the office. Jackus was no where to be seen, which placed her one edge.

Glancing around the room cautiously, she took a few hesitant steps around a chestnut desk, papers spread out in a disordered mess. He must have been in a hurry. Sweeping down, she pulled up the corner of a green rug, a bolted little door hiding underneath. She pulled on the handle, coughing when dust hit her hard. Her scrolls laid neatly in rows and in a matter of moments she had them settled in a a bag, that had been in the closet.

Swinging the strap onto her shoulder, she bounded down the stairs and headed straight for the door. Her fingers snapped in a a singular beat, sparks flying. She could rebuild in a new location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back