• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Unable to link discord

Willow Tree

No matter what, I'm not guilty
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I had an old account that I had linked my discord with, but I want to link it to this one.
I unlinked it from the old account by both RPN and Discord itself, but it still refuses to link.

I linked google and twitter as a test (they linked) as well as going incognito, signing in, and using that to put in my discord info. Is there any way to link it to this account, or will I just have to link it to my old one?

Are you getting any errors? If so what errors? Are the e-mails the same (discord/rpnation) as the addon we use for some reason can be picky like that.

"This account's email is already associated with another member. Please log into that account to associate this account. " is the error I keep getting

Also, it's a different email. Should I change it?

It may be Discord's association addon being wonky and not updating in a timely fashion. Could you post in Staff Contact to give us the name of your alt account (or here, if you don't mind everyone knowing, but there it's only Staff that see it) and I can check whether it's still associated on our end?

OK. Doesn't look like Silvy is connected to a Discord account on our end. There were two with the name Silvy on the Discord server, so I've kicked them. (If I've kicked an innocent party, sorry! But it's just a kick so you can come back.) Try again now?

OK. Give it a couple hours and hopefully that will give Discord time to update all connections between them and the site? If not, we'll try something else.

Oh. Or yeah, try changing your RpN email to match your Discord account and see if that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back