umm... hey? new here. noob alert.

Manah said:
Hey there, Death! Nice to meet you. I hope you find people to role play with soon! @Kestrel provided you with useful links, and here are some of my own to assist you in getting started. ♥
General

BBcode Guide (For fancy role play posts, and all that jazz.)

Site Rules (Self-explanatory)

RPN FAQ (A little FAQ that may cover a couple of questions you might've had.)

Admin Contact (Forum is private, only yourself and admin can see your threads/posts.)

Non-PG-13 Rule Clarification (Goes in depth about what type of content is, and isn't allowed.)

Roleplay Basics

An Introduction to Forum Roleplaying (Highly educational, and covers the necessities about RPing on this site.)

How to Create a Roleplay (Making role play threads, and which ones should you join)

Guide to RP Tabs (How to use the tabs feature in role plays)

Extras

How to make an RP Look Appealing (Advice on Designing RP Posts)

How to Add Post Backgrounds & Borders (Related to RP Post designing)

Google Fonts Usage in Posts (How to use Google Fonts in RPN Posts)

Welian's Awesome Typography Guide (Using typography/fonts aesthetically in posts)

Writing Tips

So You Want to Write... (Covers Writing Various Kinds of Genre, Useful)

Pro Tip: Show, Don't Tell (Useful link with a quick writing Tip)

Meeting Post Requirements (How to meet the basic writing requirements desired in a post with a simple reminder)

Personal Advice

• RPs on this site of various nature tend to die out at some point, don't feel too bad and it most likely wasn't even your fault!
  • I can testify to probably 90% of the user base being incredibly friendly/helpful, so keep in mind that if you need help or have any questions--just ask!
  • Sometimes you may compare yourself to more experienced role players, or any roleplayer in general. Sometimes you might feel inferior or even useless. That is not the case at all! Just go at your own writing pace (casual, semi-literate, or detailed) and do what makes you happy!
  • Peeking at active/ongoing group, and 1 x 1 RPs and seeing how they flow can give you ideas and understanding on how role plays work, and what you should do. They may even give you your own role play ideas and or simply be enjoyable to read through.
  • The admin on this site are incredibly hardworking and active and so this means that RPN is prone to being updated little by little. Keeping up with News & Updates will guarantee that you won't feel confused or left behind when new things pop up!

Hope this was useful a bit. c:
Hey is cussing and blood and gore allowed for rp's? I mean that wouldn't be fair if not. That would be taking some freedom of creation away.

DeathAngel said:
Hey is cussing and blood and gore allowed for rp's? I mean that wouldn't be fair if not. That would be taking some freedom of creation away.
Both of those those are allowed. The two primary things restricted on RPN are sexual content and degrading other members (being rude, etc.) If you follow the link that to the rules that Manah posted, you can read more about it there. I would highly suggest reading the rules as your first action on RPN, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
DeathAngel said:
Sure it is! For in character/rp anyways. What isn't allowed however is:

• Excessive and unnecessary cussing at an RPN member
  • Blood and gore that deals with genitalia or is inappropriately described
  • The above also applies to torture scenes
  • Anything is allowed as long as it isn't overly descriptive (especially regarding sexual/erotic content) because it can get this site in legal trouble

For more information, this link may be useful. I highly recommend reading it. I also second what @Tronethiel said. : )

Tronethiel said:
Both of those those are allowed. The two primary things restricted on RPN are sexual content and degrading other members (being rude, etc.) If you follow the link that to the rules that Manah posted, you can read more about it there. I would highly suggest reading the rules as your first action on RPN, haha.
I tried but it was like a failed link :o I'll try again. Stupid internet lol

Tronethiel said:
When you're about to reply to someone's question/statement and someone says basically the same thing right before you post, OR you realize afterwards. It's fine though. I'm just amused when it happens. :)
Oh, ok. I hadn't heard ghosted used that way before.

Manah said:
  • Anything is allowed as long as it isn't overly descriptive (especially regarding sexual/erotic content) because it can get this site in legal trouble

For more information, this link may be useful. I highly recommend reading it. I also second what @Tronethiel said. : )
OK I read it :)

Tronethiel said:
When you're about to reply to someone's question/statement and someone says basically the same thing right before you post, OR you realize afterwards. It's fine though. I'm just amused when it happens. :)
I believe it is also referred to as ninja'd. I just prefer the prior iteration. They both work.

Manah said:

Hey, what do I do if I want to do roleplays that don't have huge paragraphs long but also set it up where I have fill out thing for character creation?also what if it's a made up setting and world but its a lot like ours? Is that set in fantasy or modern?

Baku said:
A Noob is a person who is new but they refuse to admit it and are easily the most annoying people any has to deal with in gaming. A Newb is essentially short for a Newbie or someone who will admit they are new and won't try to act like a pro.
You make a good point

DeathAngel said:
Hey, what do I do if I want to do roleplays that don't have huge paragraphs long but also set it up where I have fill out thing for character creation?also what if it's a made up setting and world but its a lot like ours? Is that set in fantasy or modern?
I'm assuming you mean you're more interested in doing casual role plays then compared to detailed ones? In that case, all you have to state in your RP thread that the RP is casual style. Click here for more information on RP types. As for the "fill out thing", I believe you're referring to the tabs that come along with RP threads. See this link for more information on RP tabs to help you out. When you say 'made up setting' do you mean a fictional city or town based in the real world? If so, then that would go in the Modern RP section.

Manah said:
I'm assuming you mean you're more interested in doing casual role plays then compared to detailed ones? In that case, all you have to state in your RP thread that the RP is casual style. Click here for more information on RP types. As for the "fill out thing", I believe you're referring to the tabs that come along with RP threads. See this link for more information on RP tabs to help you out. When you say 'made up setting' do you mean a fictional city or town based in the real world? If so, then that would go in the Modern RP section.
Nah its a made up one.

And yeah, I want to do a rp where people are free to do as many lines as they want for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back