Uft Hokzii

AvidElmV2

Four Thousand Club
Anime-game-wallpaper-2560x1440-61.jpg

'Name, courtesy of crazy cultist parents.'

Name

Uft Hokzii, loosely meaning feather demon

'Twenty years of my life, spent with a fanatic cult that wanted me dead, a city that is against me, and a kid that bugs the hell outta me... and I'm still here.'

Presumed to be in her early twenties

'I thought it was obviovious...'

Sex

Female

Uft doesn't find many things enjoyable, putting survival first and foremost, with having fun being the least of her worries. If one were to list down things Uft found 'fun', it woud most likely be the bare necessities for human life: food and water. She does have a passion for bird watching, one gathered from her time spent travelling the country with her 'family', but she has never told anyone this.

Dislikes

Contrary to her lack of likes, there are plenty of things that Uft DISlikes. For one, she hates seeing conduits freely use their powers in wide open spaces, just to show off or out of plain stupidity. Still, she understands the need to use them when it is absolutely necessary. She also hates conduits who use their powers to be 'good', as she believes it is a fruitless effort to attempt to change their relationship with the humans, as well conduits who use their power to actively harm others, believing they are only making things worse.

'Wow... Rude.'

Weight

Uft weighs a measly 97lbs, possibly due to her powers passive effects, as she does seem to show any signs of malnutrition.

Height

Uft's height is 5'2.

'Pffft, powers? What powers? I don't have any powers! I'm a regular ol' human bean.'

Power

Uft's power is a pun of her name, in her eye's. Uftkinesis, otherwise none as feather manipulation. She doesn't happen to see any potential in her power, and therefore hardly ever uses it besides the occasional materialization of feathers for flight. After all, what use is a bunch of feathers? She is capable of changing the density and sharpness of every part of the feathers, making even the softest of barbs deadly weapons. She can materialize feathers from out of thin air and project them at speeds akin to a bullet fired from a firearm, as well as manipulate existing sources. She is also able to mimic the properties of feathers, including their low weight. She can drop by as much as forty pouds and become practically immune to blunt strikes. After all, hitting a feather isn't like hitting a solid human being. This can be 'toggled' on and off, but it burns up a lot of physical, and mental, energy. She can also still be harmed by piercing and slashing, becoming much more suspectible to such attacks in fact, as we as immolation.

'I'm sorry, you must have me confused for one of those crazy vigilante conduits. I don't have any 'skills' unless not being an idiot is one.'

Skills

Uft has no exceptional skills. She is your average conduit with little to no fighting experience. Still, due to the nature of her power she has the potential to be very effective in many fields associated with stealth.

She also makes a mean pot of spaghetti.

'I spent so many years of my life with those maniacs and then I got dragged into an even greater hell... hehe... My luck.'

History

Uft was born into a travelling cultist group who saw the rise of consuits as the arrival of a group of powerful and long forgotten gods possessing human vessels and blessing their acolytes with wondrous powers in order to carry out their wishes. Like most religions, there were 'good' gods and 'bad' gods, but most simply wanted to watch the world burn at their hands through their own, unique causes. This particular group worshipped the dragonic chaos god, Thuumgrud, and would hold mass ritual murders in the form of sacrifices around newborn children, attempting to appease their god and offer the childs body as a vessel. They failed more than not and the child was then raised to be yet another mindless cultist. In reality, their gods were simply human beings who'd evolved and gained enormous power. It was common knowledge to most, but this particular group had decided to remain ignorant. They'd all had the potential to become their so called gods. It was just probability and chance, not to mention the need of a good catalyst.

When Uft was born, she was no different from the others. With no catalyst or contact with a latent conduit, her gene remained dormant. She was given a name, one she hardly remembers, and raised like the others until the eve of her twelth birthday. During a strenuous trek through the wilderness, the girl came down with an unknown illness reminiscent of the flu. Without medicine, or anyone with medical experience, all that could be done was hope that Uft made it through the week. Three days later, they got their answer. The girl awoke in a cloud of dark feathers that fully encompassed her, changing her from within and without. This went on for the next twelve hours, and when her transformation was complete, the girls presumed family was stunned. Instead of being possesed by their own god, an unnamed rival god had been recieved.

They'd willingly and happily opened their doors to the enemy.

Without going too deep into explaining, the girls life grew much, much worse. Life on the road was already tough as it was, but there were ways to make it unbearable. It could have been worse. They could have killed her the moment her powers manifested, but instead they opted to keep her until they encountered the true Thuumgrud so they could sacrifice her infront of him. As the years went on, the girl unknowingly gathered a collective following, whether it be out of sympathy, pity, or just a sudden change of faith. They worshipped her in secret and revered the very ground she walked on. Her word was true and she breathed life into them all. All the while, her harsh treatment began to manifest into a much more violent halve of herself that she kept under wraps during her time with the cult. She began to refer to it as the Feather Demon, as it was what others referred to her as, although she knew no such thing existed. She began to build up mental blocks tied to her powers, although these blocks also limited her abilities as well as keeping her aggression under control.

Not three months after her nineteenth birthday, the girl awoke to the familiar sound of a blade slicing flesh -the scars on her arms proving her knowledge of this- and, upon investigating the camp, found that her following had killed everyone save for herself in their sleep and then gone on to slit their own throats. She'd caught the final renegade cultist in the middle of the act and recieved nothing but a chilling smile before he fully drew his blade across his throat. In the midst of the chaos and river of blood, stunned by it all, the girl gathered up as many supplies she could before setting out on her own. They were far enough into the woods that no one would find the bodies, but she still wanted to move out just in case. From here, her journey began. She travelled the continent for the next few years, nothing but a silhouette shrouded in mystery to most, before finding herself in San Franciso. Still oblivious to the nature of her abilities, as well as the conduit gene, Uft is simply focusing on self preservation and answers.

Notes

The more Uft uses her powers, the more the mental locks she has placed on her Feather Demon persona began to wear down before eventually breaking and releasing her full power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back