• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy TS - IC

full

Ari took her brother's hand, gripping it tightly in her own behind his back as he turned to face the trio before them. The black-haired woman glared back - but that was fine, that was fine, Ari could handle staring. Right? Right- but maybe not with this woman. The force of her glacial glare slammed into the white-haired girl like a train; an irresistible force. The same survival instincts that made Ari instinctively dislike the woman made her break off their staring contest, meekly shifting her gaze to the ground as the taller man seemed to, well... explode, for lack of a better term. He practically growled, and Ari shied back further behind her brother at his threat. What was wrong with him?

There had been... people... in the wasteland similar to the man... Happy one moment, gripping you by the throat the next. Those types of people were... unpredictable. Terrifying. Dangerous. Normally, with people like that, you ran. You ran and you didn't stop, and you most definitely didn't talk to them, fight them - hell, you didn't even look at them if you could help it. Almost every instinct inside Ari was screaming at her to run, to leave, to drag her twin along with her and get out. But... another part of her said something different. It felt like a lake, as instinctive as swimming, or as riding a bicycle. Part of her embraced it; became one and letting herself swim in it's familiarity. She knew she could... do... something? Deep in her bones, inside her. More than the gut survival instincts she'd honed over her 10... no. That was... wrong...? 15... years.

Nevertheless, Ari bit her lip, took a deep breath, and stood still, peering out from behind her twin. It felt like an age of silence between all five of them - although it surely couldn't have been more than a few seconds at most, before the small, delicate girl pushed their hands out at Lorin. Ari caught a glimpse; and her brow furrowed. She- he- They were Pablo? But... but they'd said their name was Chidori...? The white-haired girl bit her lip momentarily, narrowing her eyes and examining the person that was her brother's match. They... seemed nice enough...? Pabl- Chidori - was obviously not a dominant force like the black-haired girl or the taller man, looking positively diminutive and fragile in comparison to them. Ari glanced at her brother to see his reaction momentarily, fidgeted with her fingers, and stepped out a little from behind him, leaning down a little to bring herself to Chidori's height.

"Chidori...? It's, uhm. It's nice to meet you. I'm Ari." She smiled at the shorter white-haired person, trying to put as much genuine happiness into it as possible. If she could, well... build a... bridge, so to speak, between them... and if they were her brother's match... It'd be better if they got along, right...?

Just as she'd completed the thought, Arleni was interrupted by a loud noise that seemed to come from everywhere at once. A metallic clanging, over a white-noise backdrop, that quickly resolved itself into a voice out of the static. "All test subjects please report to your dormitories with your assigned Match presently." No sooner had the voice finished and the all-pervading static faded than a white, nondescript door in the wall near the scattered group slid open; revealing a sharp corner that led into a long corridor running parallel to the garden, lined on the side closer to the verdant paradise with doors, each with a sign containing two sets of subject numbers and names. If one went further and actually entered a door, they'd find two beds on either side of a central aisle that contained a desk below a window looking out into the garden at the end and a fold-down crib at the end of one bed, with the other having a chest of drawers at it's foot. A small bathroom was tacked on inside a seperate room; barely large enough to fit a shower and toilet. Looking down from the bed, towards the door, the room contained another section that seemed to serve as a kitchen - or, more accurately, a kitchenette; containing a fridge, cupboard, and a small counter.

35575887_168456814021366_2346027809861795840_n.jpg
Otto Sigurdsson
Mood: Thoroughly enjoying the company.
Tags: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah , doneanddusted doneanddusted , Devious Dilbert Devious Dilbert , Hercynia Hercynia also open to anyone willing to interact.
Otto's little outburst seemed to have engendered a rather conspicuous silence amongst the five of them, a silence which caused the young man to shuffle nervously at the situation which he helped to create. Maybe I was a tad bit too loud for my own good, the young man lamented, breathing out in a defeated manner, I guess I should learn to control my temper a bit more. It was the sound of sobbing that broke him from his reverie and the slight touch of a delicate finger lacing it's way across his shoulder blades. Glancing behind in an inquisitive manner, Otto was momentarily shocked to find that it was indeed Reis who was sobbing. In terms of sending a point across to the other party, the young man believed that he had failed enormously if the only to be shaken was his own match. But why was she sobbing, Otto wondered to himself as a pensive but soft demeanour slowly turned his face. Though it was a general moment of anger against all those present for their unfriendly manners, the young man wasn't aiming it at Reis herself or Chidori. Of course he noted Lorin's sister manoeuvring behind her brother as though she were retreating from her strife-inducing staring with his match, thus stifling the rather heavy atmosphere between the two groups. But he never intended to make Reis cry in such a pitiable manner and a part of Otto wanted to batter him across the head for making a lady cry. Placing a comforting hand upon her head awash with that beautiful raven-black hair hair with a blueish sheen, he smiled at her to ensure that he was back to being amicable, goofy 'ol Otto. "Hey buddy, I'm...I'm sorry about that little outburst there, I'm just not good when it comes to tension so I just lost for a few moments. Find it in your heart to forgive if you can at all buddy, OK?" Parting the bangs that floated above her forehead ever so elegantly, Otto planted a small peck before reeling giggling like the old giddy fool he always was. The young man slowly interlaced his fingers with that of his match, noticing how soft her pale skin was before turning to face the siblings once again.

Just as the young man was about to apology for his rather brutish tantrum directed towards the duo, directing the numerous individuals to head to dormitories with their matches in two. Though he didn't feel rather comfortable at being ordered and pressed about like some lab rat, he would not face the consequences for not only himself but for Reis as well as a result of his actions. Also, he realised that given they will be alone for a time, he'll be able to properly explain himself as regards to that little outpouring of emotion a few moments previous. He felt it was imperative for her to realise that something like that mood he was in wasn't the real Otto, the one that she would get to know. Glancing across at Chidori, who's name it turns out happened to be Pablo and seeing as how he was still communicating with Lorin on some level, the young man felt that though he still felt rather confrontational with two white-haired siblings, it would be better to leave Chidori with them so as to figure out how their relationship would work. "Though we may not have come to know each other on the best of terms, absolutely my fault," the young man admitted with the slightest hint of wanting forgiveness wavering in his voice, "I hope I can entrust Chidori to you for the time being; he seems to have a deeper relationship with Lorin then you or I realise at the moment. So, if you can, please take care of him before I get back, OK?" Having the entreated the sister that whom a few moments earlier had shuffled nervously away from himself, he turned to Reis with a smile mired with a tinge of regret, nodding his head in the directions of the dormitories that had unveiled themselves, so as to say, ready to go?

images (25).jpeg

Reis Harumiko
Interacting With: Chidori, Otto, Lorin, Ari

As Otto turned apologizing and becoming his old self almost immediately as if at the turn of a hat or a flip of a switch.
His sudden old personality alleviating her worries but still the stinging feeling gnawed at her inside. It was unnerving how easily he snapped and returned back to his goofy self once more.
He asked for forgiveness....
Suddenly her head began to hurt again and she repressed it as she didn't want him to see her like this. She was his match, and though he scared her she needed to be their for him.
His apology was followed by a light and airy kiss as his lips softly and quickly pressed against her forehead before he recoiled in what seemed like embarrassment. Otto Sigurdsson...he was a strange one but...she could understand why given the current situation. His fingers intertwined with hers as he returned to his other conversation momentarily. At his point Reis had said nothing but allowed the physical contact without complaint even lightly collapsing her fingers around his own as he held her hand.
The intercom gave them their instructions and Reis' eyes followed to the doors that opened before scanning back across those they had been speaking to before stopping on the young mans visage.
His smile held a warmth but seemed pain at the same time and she knew her actions had hurt him too...she would have to be more careful from now on.
That was her main thought but now that she sheepishly nodded her cheeks flushed slightly knowing what the dorm room would indicate..
She was ready....right?
"It...it was nice to meet you all..good luck...Chidori."
She spoke softly as she awaited her matches movements to take them into the dorm which in where she would speak a little more plainly...and act on her earlier words of making it up to him.

Mentions
Larry Larry
doneanddusted doneanddusted
Hercynia Hercynia
Devious Dilbert Devious Dilbert

coded by e d e n

Last edited:
35575887_168456814021366_2346027809861795840_n.jpg
Otto Sigurdsson
Mood: Nervous.
Tags: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah .
Otto was feeling rather trepidatious about spending time with Reis, not that he disliked his match in any shape or form, but rather that he would have to explain his explosive actions a few moments before. Bringing her along by hand, her tentative fingers interlacing with his own as the shuffled along the corridor, noting the various numbers and names appearing on the doors to these dormitories. The young man noted both his own name and that of Reis on the front of one door; placing a tentative hand before the door, automatically opening. Peering inside, Otto gently guiding his match by the hand before releasing his grip as two of them entered the confinement. The room possessed two bedrooms designated by the numbers appropriate to the duo with what seemed to be a fold-down cot, which puzzled the young man for a moment. Other pieces of furniture that adorned the living quarters included a rather plain-looking desk that lay below a window with a stunning view of the Garden. There seemed to be a chest of drawers located at the end of his own bed and whilst moving over to inspect, he noticed another room to his left which appeared to be an area that acted as the bathroom for the two of them. Having finished his rather quick reconnaissance of the bathroom area, he glanced to the far side of the room, noticing another space just to the right of Reis' bed which seemed to that of a kitchen, though the young man wasn't necessarily hungry for what he was going to say to his opposite number. Moving over to his own side of the room, Otto plopped himself onto the white duvet currently sprawled across the bed as a result of his haphazard way of sitting, looking up at Reis. Taking a deep breath, he began to explain himself.

"First of all, I ought to explain myself for the incident out there a few moments ago," the young began, nervously twitching as he began to outline his reasoning behind the outburst, "I don't know what happens to me, whenever I see the slightest hint of conflict, the smallest whisper of strife, my mind just...suddenly gets overtaken with the need to eradicate that threat almost immediately." It was something that happened a few moments before he had met the other people in the Garden, when he went up against the security guards in the hallway just outside of the room he woke up. But for some reason, that little bout was more amicable and Otto didn't get that same urge to end the threat as he did with Lorin and his sister. Turning to face her again, he continued with his explanation. "I'm sorry if I scared you at all Reis, it certainly wasn't my intention to ever make you or anyone else cry, I just...just snapped..." he trailed off, being visibly drained of the energy to continue his statement, his head hanging almost lethargically as he waited for Reis' response to his explanation.

images (28).jpeg

Reis Harumiko
Interacting With: Otto Sigurdsson

The girl was unable to hear if any of the other fellow inhabitants had replied to her farewell.
She was led from them into the corridor until the pair was at the doorway. The walk was tense and filled with a silence that chilled the air. He was nervous...and it was because of her.
Reis eyes rested on his frame and he guided her toward their room only pausing at the entrance. She opened her mouth to speak but the automatic door answered his touch and the gateway became free for them to enter. She closed her lips as he brought her inside, Otto let his hold release once that had happened and studied the surroundings before flopping onto the bed. Reis herself had been studying the area noticing the kitchen, restroom and the beds and other various effects. Yet when Otto had begun speaking about earlier she was looking at her hand. The residual heat from his own dissipating. Turning her attention to him she listened as he anxiously explained why he had reacted as he had.
She was about to respond but he trailed off into his own mind after apologizing again. His head hung low in disappointment? Or something else?
His words sounded truly genuine but it left the woman beside herself.
After a few moments of stillness she walked to entrance way of the kitchen stopping as she slid her hand down the cool structure her back to the man that sat behind her a few feet away.
"....I am glad that they gave us a kitchen, I am a good cook and can make you all sorts of things, or at least try...."
She half whispered but still loud enough for him to hear her half hearted attempt to talk of something else but with a soft sigh she resigned herself to confronting the situation at hand. He owned up to his position in the situation and although it had inadvertantly terrified her for a reason she did not know...she could not blame him....that she knew as much.
Turning the young female faced her match and slowly approached him kneeling down so that both her knees rested on the floor in a traditional japanese fashion. She rolled her shoulders back while simultaneously bringing her arms inward from the hoodie as it fell to the floor around her.
Her porcelain esque skin now bare at her arms and shoulders the tight black tank top the only thing covering the remainder of her more attractive features.
"I...I just thought that i...had upset you..."
She breathed cautiously as her hands cupped the mans cheeks gingerly as she raised his head so his eyes would meet her own cerulean gaze one that was apologetic in nature.
She stayed like this for a moment unmoving or saying a word.
Before speaking again she smiled warmly once more as she had done with Chidori earlier.

"I am your match...and i just want you to see me the same way, and i never want to see you this way either..its alright..just breathe...Otto.."
Reis paused as she raised herself up on her knees briefly as she pressed her lips against his closing her eyes as she let the warmth of her meaning through action pass unto his own..
Ending the kiss after a few seconds she slid her hands from his cheeks to the back of his head and pulled him down to her so that his face would rest against her chest as she cradled him from her slightly elevated kneeling position.

"I just...want to make you happy...whatever it takes..."
The female responded effectively giving him her answer...she forgave him for...everything.

Mentions
Larry Larry

coded by e d e n

"OK, OK folks, let's ease down on the glaring and the accusing if you don't mind. We're all friends here..."
Lorin narrowed his eyes. His expression remaining largely unchanged in its stance.
But as the older male began to raise his voice- and as shadows began to uncannily fall over him. Like a black ocean washing over his whole body. Inside, Lorin shivered. He took a step back without being aware. His eyes likely widened, but he was unable to tell. His mind overtaken by hard ice.
Like Lorin's very own vision was going black instead of the clouding of darkness around the mysterious stranger.
"If I so wished it, I could have snapped both of your NECKS without you even noticing...
A voice like stone grinding on stone.
Until the words began to make sense. Until the words coming out the man's mouth became words. Words that held a lot of weight.
And in a flash. In a piece of time that seemed to only last a second- Lorin's world had stopped dimming. Light was restored to the earth. In the blink of an eye.
A smile crept its way back onto the stranger's face. Fire blazed underneath Lorin's own.
A scorching feeling- like it burned all around him. And like the space of the whole garden was expanding with each torrent of outstretched flame. Spreading. Devouring the greenery and turning it black.
"Fuck you-" Lorin shouted. Finding that he was inches away from the older boy. Craning his neck to look up to him.
"B-B-But you have to c-c-c-call me-" Lorin stopped himself- to catch the little girl stuttering. "Call me- you-you-you have to- to call me Chidori!"
Lorin's eyes- a deep purple like churning poison- fell back onto the older boy. "Touch my sister and it'll be the last thing you do-" He continued. This time through gritted teeth.

"All test subjects please report to your dormitories with your assigned Match presently."

The seconds that followed Lorin's threat- he couldn't remember. All he comprehended- was that the two older kids were no longer there, Chidori remained, Ari had said something to her, and that a voice on an intercom brought him back down to earth.
A trip into space-
Now back down.
He blinked.
So- does that mean I have to leave with this little girl?
Eugh- No way.
Lorin turned around to grab his sister's hand.
"Come on, Ari. Let's go to our dorm!"
Looking back at Chidori, he squinted. His gaze running away from her into the empty greenery of his surroundings. "You can come with us..." he said, starting off towards the row of white dorms.

Last edited:
CHIDORI
「一 千 の 鳥 は 飛んでる」

It was tense, and then there was shouting, and then every sound sounded like needles in his ears again. Chidori closed his eyes. Covered his ears. Held his breath. Focused on the ground. Around him, footsteps walked in other directions. Even with his ears ringing in pain and covered by his own hands, he could hear what everyone was saying. Chidori opened his eyes and looked at his... his "match". Lorin. Glaring at him, holding another girl's hand, walking away. There were people all around him, yet Chidori knew he was alone. It was a feeling Chidori recognized, and absolutely despised. Alone meant empty. Alone meant unsafe. Alone was not something you wanted to be. Chidori didn't follow Lorin. Rather, he just went in the direction that everyone in general was going.

Sorry... not much to say...

template by astraea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back