• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Trying to edit first in thread but won't allow me

madxhatterxteapot

Roleplay Type(s)
I've been trying to edit my thread for about an hour now, and every time I try to change the text within I'm suddenly required to select a subgenre but every time I go to put in whichever fandom I identify with in the threadmark label I keep getting the same error message.

Can anyone help?

I'm really just trying to edit the text in this thread and I think the website coding is really frustrating, xox

I've been trying to edit my thread for about an hour now, and every time I try to change the text within I'm suddenly required to select a subgenre but every time I go to put in whichever fandom I identify with in the threadmark label I keep getting the same error message.

Can anyone help?
Can you provide a screencapture of what you are typing? Threadmarks are not for sub-genres. There is a list of check boxes (anime, action, adventure, etc ) under the text field of a post that you select that are applicable:
subgen.png

It may also be trying to get you to add a tag, which is neither a threadmark nor a subgenre but is still required on all posts in RP and recruiting sections now. This part gets awkward, sorry! :/: If it is asking for a tag, that's not in Edit at all. Instead, at the top of the post, to the right of the date/timestamp, you'll see a little icon that's supposed to look like tags, and probably the word "None" to the right of that. Click on the icon to add one or more tags.

Good Evening! Yes I am going to provide the screenshots step by step. I hope these provide some insight.

Step 1: This is the first post in my thread right where two users "gifted" cookies, there is the "edit" button there. Right?

1567216280384.png

Step 2: After Selecting Edit, this is what pops up next.

1567216361871.png

Step 3: I add in my edits and go to click "Save" and this we have this issue that pops up.

1567216494356.png

Step 4: This selection below you showed me above appears (that wasn't there when I clicked "save" the first time this error popped up" and I make my selections for subgenres which is "required" (that wasn't something that I think I had to do before when I first made the thread).
1567216640473.png

Step 5: I have this labeled at the bottom, which I filled in because in the "List" error in Step 3, I clicked on it and saw a threadmark label that would relate to my thread (e.g Movie Fandom or Game Fandom).

1567216711085.png

Step 6: I go to save again and I get the same error as in Step 3, but I already put in a "Threadmark Label."

1567216760043.png

OK, yeah, it's asking for a tag, not a subgenre or threadmark. Tags don't go in the threadmark box, and you don't add them by editing.

Instead, at the top of the post, to the right of the date/timestamp, you'll see a little icon that's supposed to look like tags, and probably the word "None" to the right of that. Click on the icon to add one or more tags.

OK, yeah, it's asking for a tag, not a subgenre or threadmark. Tags don't go in the threadmark box, and you don't add them by editing.
Could you screenshot where I need to select the tags, please? T^T I literally have no idea where to select it or what I'm doing.

Here's what I get when I make a new interest post and then scroll down a ways. Note that the Tags line is blank to begin with, so I start out by typing "original" and it brings up a list of allowed tags:

tags1.JPG

After that I can select the "original characters" tag and it fills it in!

tags2.JPG

I hope that helps!

Nenawa Nenawa That is only in place for new posts. Posts that are being edited will not have the tags in that area.

madxhatterxteapot madxhatterxteapot
How can I add tags back into an older thread?
To re-add your tags you must click the icon next to the date of the of your thread, under the title of the thread. If you have no tags it will say none.
tagstags.png

Click on the "none" text.

That's really odd. It should let you edit now that you've got the tags in. Could you try clearing your browser's cache? It may be telling the site you don't have them even though you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back