Transmetropolitan CHAPTER 1: STORMFRONT

WinterO

Goblin Goth
OOC THREAD

IM MAKING A MAP. It will show territories, demilitarized zones or whatever, neutral territory, BLAH BLAH BLAH. AS WELL AS LOCATIONS OF MAJOR HQ (at least the ones in new york, cause there are others in other countries like a super important one in japan and once this chapter reaches its climax you'll all see whats happening there and yeah its gonna be bananas.)

WHAT?

RIGHT. PLOT. SO

HERES THE DEAL, I'll write this out now, so you all know what to expect. Once everyone gets into the story, and maybe a few connections are made, I'll make a post announcing this event.

THIS EVENT:

What's going to happen in the near future is going to be a direct attack from the netrunner front on Militech HQ in Greenwich, NY. The goal on their part is to Draw attention away from the major areas around Manhattan. They succeed. Bitchtons of ammunition and weapons are taken and they gain a pretty major advantage. The attack is mainly a two group plan, they have about ten or twelve take on the network part of it, basically disabling the building, all the while a commando/transport team takes their shipping wing.

Now, this occurs and leaves a lot of the native forces without resupply on the offensive front, and with the netrunner side HIGHLY advantaged.

People at first lay low, this gets tense, lots of netrunner rioting/generally shitting on the little guy. Thats the goal, chaos and anarchy.

MEANWHILE, A SELECT FEW, probably people like Big business owners, are whipping their slaves like "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED GUYS, I THOUGHT WE HAD THIS SHIT TOGETHER?"

Anyway, that's not the point. Somewhere along the line a mention of a pretty Last-Resort level idea is brought up. A Large scale Electromagnetic Pulse. Like, Manhattan large scale. Like. A great deal of the east coast, large scale. Like. Enough EM to knock out ANYONE with electronics in them, and even some of the weaker natural folk. Like, SERIOUS POWER. But the idea is, it might just win them the battle.

Anyway. So thats under wraps and super low key, so, progress is made on deciding on it behind closed doors. Naturally BITS of it get out, but nothing substantial. ANYWHO. The vague rumors and hideaway scenario and General upscaling of tension is the idea here.

Once everyone has made their posts and gotten settled in, we'll tear it up.

Now, I won't lie, that giant EM bomb WILL be set off, it WILL be a major fucking shitstorm and it WILL cause "The Tokyo Incident" And lead us into Chapter 2.

BUT. That won't happen for a while. So, a little bit of whats to come, some plot and there you have it. I'll have the Manhattan map for you all in the coming days.

And yes, things will be slow before the plot trigger, so just chill, let everyone get their boots on and then we'll make things a little more exciting,

NEXT! IN TRANSMETROPOLITAN: DANGER! EXPLOSIONS! CHARACTER MOTIVATION! AND A MYSTERIOUS BENEFACTOR. WHO COULD THEY BE? WHAT ARE THEY PLANNING? WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump Bump: Is this still happening? :Bump Bump

hat are we waiting on if so? More members?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back