Literature Translation #1 : mimic

MJ ._.

Nothing
People are lost for their imitations...
This mimicry be damned double hundred times!

This is part of a poem by... Ask me here to tell you who the poet is.

Who's the poet?
Thanks for asking! The poet is famous as Molavi but you find more about him with these names:
Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī, also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Balkhī, Mevlânâ/Mawlānā, Mevlevî/Mawlawī, and more popularly simply as Rumi

I have to confess that my way of translation is unorthodox. I've rewritten his verses based on contents that they inspire in me.

Thanks for asking! The poet is famous as Molavi but you find more about him with these names:
Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī, also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Balkhī, Mevlânâ/Mawlānā, Mevlevî/Mawlawī, and more popularly simply as Rumi

I have to confess that my way of translation is unorthodox. I've rewritten his verses based on contents that they inspire in me.

Are you familiar with Omar Borkan Al Gala?

I've heard of him but have not read his poems. I only know that his poems are romantic and since I'm not intrested in romance or actors I never tried to find or read his works!

Well, quite a lot of poems are romantic, both literally and in describing that certain artistic movement. You got any favourite poets?

I've heard of him but have not read his poems. I only know that his poems are romantic and since I'm not intrested in romance or actors I never tried to find or read his works!

Don't forget that aside from being a poet, the man is considered to be one of the most handsome men in the world. lol. Fun fact. :)

Don't forget that aside from being a poet, the man is considered to be one of the most handsome men in the world. lol. Fun fact. :)
Oh, that I know! He is famous for that more than his writings. I'm sorry for disappointing you but I have seen better.

Those not dug graves...
with their absorbing fever...
They're eyes of the earth, waiting for me and you.

You may ask about the poet here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back