• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Transient Guests Are We [Vampire Hunter D]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
"Awe becomes simple fear all too easily.

And when it does, what does that leave but hatred?"

Vampire Hunter D
Once again, my desire for a Vampire Hunter D roleplay has increased, so I have separated it from my vampire thread in general, because...well, D doesn't follow the standard vampire lore I usually like to use.

Vampire Hunter D has two amazing anime movies, 6+ manga, and over 20 short novels, and a comic book being released based on the story "Message From Mars" (only one volume is out right now). Despite this elaborate history, I'm not asking my partner to know all of this - I don't. The movies, and maybe some of the manga or novels are good enough, and then use of the wikis as necessary.

So, before we get into any ideas, here are my rules:

Rules:

1. Don't God-Mod. In other words, don't make my character speak, don't make my character, don't make my character take damage, and don't control my character. If you want something to go a certain way for plot purposes, just PM me and ask. Usually, I accept "god-modding" during travel and the like. It is usually acceptable to assume movement if a character is already committed to the journey.

2. Please be able to play both genders, and play multiple roles. Your main character(s) may be just male or just female, but I expect all the side characters and NPCs to have life and flavor, too.

3. On the note of characters: I will always play one female character. So, be aware of that. With that said, I usually also always play one male character, and I do MxM, MxF, and FxF pairings, though I prefer MxF.

4. I only RP on threads, so no PM rps with me. So that I know you’ve read the rules this far, please tell me about your favorite food!

5. Please be able to write more than a couple of sentences as responses to me. I have tried to do “simple” RPs, but I end up not feeling motivated to respond or continue the RP. I will need you to be able to write a paragraph or two, each post, at least.

6. PM if you are interested. The only reason for you not to PM me is if you cannot do so due to the fact you haven't reached 24 hours/10 posts.

Guidelines:

1. I do not like to be hassled for posts. Especially if I have already posted that day or the day before. Do not bother me for posts until at least two days have passed. Otherwise, I will start to resent our RP and lose interest in it.

2. I enjoy OOC talk, however I will not respond to "hi" or "-poke-" or equivalents. Have substance to the chatter, even if it just asking "How are you?".

3. Do not bump our thread if I have not posted. I will not post out of spite. I have a problem with this, I acknowledge it, I'm not fixing it.

4. On that matter, please keep OOC to PMs and not on our IC thread. IC is for posting. If you have a question, concern, or comment, just shoot me a PM.

5. In general, I do not enjoy immediate romances or "slice-of-life" RPs, so do not come to me expecting I'll do either. I may make rare exceptions.

All right, now that we've got those cleared up, some of my Vampire Hunter D specific things.

So, I'm not all that interested in using D or the Sacred Ancestor - I am down with it, but I have no inclination to play D, though I could be coerced into playing the Sacred Ancestor periodically in an RP, or "sharing" the characters if they become necessary (read: we both play them as necessary for the plot, like NPCs, haha).

I'm more interested in using this wonderful Steampunk-Western-Post Nuclear War world with Fucking Castles and Spaceships than anything, really.

I don't have solid plot ideas, but I have character ideas that I will note below, and I'd love to fit them into plots.

I also create a lot of characters, so if none of these fit any plot ideas you may have for the story, or if we get to brainstorming and they just don't work - I make lots of characters. I will happily make new ones ^-^

"Noblesse Oblige"

A Noble who remained on Earth, after the purge, and resides in a Frontier town. She was a "made" vampire, so long ago, that most just assume she is Pure. Only her Maker knows the truth. She lives behind an "Iron Curtain", either not letting anyone in, or not letting anyone leave. She has mutants as guards, mutants she has lovingly crafted, but of course...she is a Noble. And there is quite the bounty on her head (especially if this is a variant where none leave her town). She lives by the saying, 'Transient Guests Are We'.

The Maker

A Noble of pure blood, older than Jesus by far, who created the woman indicated above ages and ages ago. He fell into a sleep after the Noble purge to protect himself, and has woken to a world with promise - many vampires are gone, and most hunters are not prepared to deal with vampires of his caliber. He intends to claim what is his - which, of course, is all that his "daughter" owns. He defies the saying, 'Transient Guests Are We'.

The Dhampir

There isn't much for a dhampir to do, but hunt. Hunt to live. Hunt to defy. Hunt. The dhampir hunter is in the shadow of the great D, and always between humanity and nobility, and reviled by both. They seek redemption, but know not if they want to be redeemed in the eyes of humans or nobility. Either gender, male or female.

Painted Doll

A mutant of the Barbarois, known for her ivory skin that flows with black tattoos that dance upon her skin. She worked with the Barbarois for generations, but left them one day to see the world, and try to remember who she was, before them. She has memories, though few. Sighisoara. A Noble. Tepes. She uses herself as a lure in a group of hunters to kill. Her blood is sweet, but poison, and she controls it like a weapon to destroy.

The Werewolf

Made by the Noble Lady, and forever her loyal guardian wolf. He knows what he once was, and knows how she took advantage of him, but he does not mind. He wants to preserve the utopia he lives in, and preserve her, for she gave him another chance at life. He is the leader of the guards, and takes no shit from anyone, but tries to remain cordial and polite at all times. A knight in wolf's clothing, a relic of a better time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back