Torn

tiny grass is dreaming

tender fragrant grass ♡・゚✧*゚

TORNxxxxxx찢어진
xxxxwhat a lovely day it was in the plaza. saetbyeol and all of her friends had decided that today was a great day to go shopping. it was a nice day, breaking the chain of windy, rainy, cloudy, and overall mediocre spring days. it was warm and the sun had finally decided to grace south korea with it’s delightful rays. When saetbyeol felt the sunshine fall upon her face she could feel her skin glow.
xxxxthey had spent the whole day enjoying themselves all throughout the plaza, laughing and frolicking about as they wasted away their allowances on material pleasures. saetbyeol had been especially generous with her money when it came to spending. what her friends all loved the most about shopping with her was that when one of them didn’t have enough funds for what they wanted, she was always ready to hand over a bit of her own.
xxxxas the hours went by, all of those teenage bellies gradually emptied. the group of friends huddled up to try and decide where to go next, but fell into a kerfuffle when lots of different things were the craving at the moment. it was finally decided by a game of rock paper scissors that the local panera was where they would all take a break for some grub.
xxxxthe group had claimed their spot amongst the busy cafe and decided to settle there. they ordered food, waited, and then ate as the sun gradually set.

xxxxchaerin had probably spent way too long at the giant bookstore in the plaza. there was only so much there that could entertain her friends before they were openly sighing in impatience as she told them “just one more,” grabbing another stack off the shelves. she ended up spending as much money in the bookstore as she had in the clothing stores, to little surprise, and the sun was getting low in the sky when they left.
xxxxFinally the group was freed from the bookstore and were able to eat together. It would only be a few moments before they reached their destination. The thought of food sounded perfect to Eun Chan, but his bladder had other plans. After muttering something about having to go to bathroom to his girlfriend, he parted ways with the group. He had never actually gone to the bathroom in the plaza before. They really only came into his view when he was waiting for his friends. Public bathrooms were just gross.
xxxx“I’m going to go ahead and order our drinks,” Chaerin said to the rest of the group. It was a beautiful day, and everyone wanted to spend as much time as they could soaking up the sunlight and delicate breezes. Leaving them to fool around the grand marble fountain in the middle of the square, she waltzed into panera and marched right up to the counter to order. After rattling off a list of drinks, some of them known favorites and some of them guesses as to what her friends would like, she wandered over to the side to wait. She pushed a stray lock of hair behind her ear and considered the chip bags that were on display, not paying any attention to the rest of the cafe.

xxxxout of the corner of her eye, saetbyeol spotted someone that made her chest twist in despise. just seeing that girl’s face gave saetbyeol the urge to ruin someone’s day. “oh i just saw someone, i’m going to go say hi!” she smiled sweetly to the group she was with as she excused herself from the table.
“chaerin? oh my god! long time no see!” she seemed so delighted to see this girl, but both parties knew the smile and sweetness in her voice were purposely fraudulent. “how are you doing?” she placed a hand on the other’s shoulder. chaerin whipped around in surprise, but then the barista handed her the first of the drinks she had ordered.
xxxxsaetbyeol took this as an opportunity. “for me? really? oh, you shouldn’t have!” she quickly grabbed the drink out of chaerin’s hand and held it up to her lips to sip. “oh my god, it’s SO good! how did you know that I would like this??”
xxxxchaerin narrowed her eyes, a scowl marring her delicate face. “you should ask before snatching other people’s stuff,” she snapped. she reached for the cup, but saetbyeol raised it into the air and out of her reach, then giggled.
xxxx“Oh, you mean just like how you asked before snatching someone else’s boyfriend?” suddenly a roar came from the group of friends that the girl had been sitting with as they all reacted to her words.
xxxxchaerin opened her mouth to retort, not even sure what she was going to say, but then the barista set another pair of drinks onto the counter. she picked them up with a sigh, turning to the door and clearly about to leave without another word.
xxxx“oh, sweetie wait, you forgot this one!” as chaerin got ready to leave, saetbyeol quickly dropped the cup she had snatched from the barista into the other girl’s arms. it was clearly too much for chaerin to handle, and saetbyeol watched as she fumbled with the drinks with a friendly smile plastered across her face. the drink that saetbyeol had shoved at chaerin fell to the floor. the plastic lid popped off, and a wave of passion fruit bubble tea sloshed onto chaerin’s shoes and sprayed onto her skirt.
xxxx“oh my goodness! you’re so clumsy!” saetbyeol gasped. “just look, it’s gotten all over your cute skirt! what a waste too.” the older girl gave chaerin a sympathetic pout, but then a familiar silhouette caught saetbyeol’s eye. glancing over she realized that it was her ex-boyfriend, and she could feel her heart skip a beat in shock. it only happened every once in a while, but whenever saetbyeol did decide to pester chaerin, she had always made sure that eunchan wouldn’t be witness to it. this time she got a little too excited to humiliate chaerin in front of everyone and slipped up. “it’s okay that you dropped my drink though, i don’t mind~ not everyone can be fully coordinated.” she glanced around. by now, everyone was watching, her friends at the table and even those outside that she used to know and spend time with. she could see them looking in from outside, some even approaching. “i could always buy another,” she smiled sweetly. the tone in her voice was different now: the sweetness in it was noticeably genuine unlike before all of the witnesses showed up, or at least it sounded that way. “here, i’ll even buy you some snacks! i bet you’re hungry.” saetbyeol reached an arm out, aiming for chaerin’s wrist. she gave the girl a tug that was much more abrupt than necessary, fully aware of the force behind it.
xxxxchaerin yelped as she was yanked forward. her already soaked shoes slipped in the puddle of tea, and her head cracked against the floor when she went down. she found herself staring up at her tormentor, who was faking a look of shock despite the fact that she had even taken a step back to make room for chaerin’s fall. the other two cups chaerin had been holding had gone down with her, and their contents were seeping into her clothes. she stood up as fast as she could and stumbled, still disoriented. whatever possibility there had been of salvaging her outfit was long gone; her white skirt was beyond saving. she could even feel the sticky sweet drink dripping from her hair.
xxxxchaerin considered herself to be a patient person; she put up with name-calling, pushing and pulling, and whatever else saetbyeol had thrown her way in the past. but when someone fucked up her hair, makeup, or clothes… that’s when they went too far. she shook a hand in saetbyeol’s direction to flick the liquid onto her and stormed into the other girl’s personal space. “right, i forgot that’s how you think friendship works. buy them another drink, another snack – buy their forgiveness and everything will be fine! too bad mommy’s money can’t buy a new personality,” she spat.
xxxxsaetbyeol’s brow furrowed and her face contorted into the pained expression one would make when they were about to cry. it was believable too. saetbyeol had always been great at acting when it came down to getting people on her side, or getting them to do whatever she wanted. “i just think it’s really nice to treat your friends and loved ones to nice things as much as you can, is that so wrong? you know i would buy you anything you asked if you just asked nicely, so why are you getting so angry saying such mean things? i didn’t spill the drinks all over the place like a toddler, so please don’t take your frustrations out on me,” she pouted.

xxxxas the scene unraveled, the two girls had managed to grab the attention of everyone in the cafe. from employees, to customers, to even some passerby outside who had been staring inside through the large windows. by now, the two rivaling friend groups that used to be one were all gathered around the commotion, facing each other and ready to back up whichever girl they were beside.
/coded by allure/

♡coded by uxie♡

이나은.
lee naeun

aacafe
raeveryone present

she'd giggled at first. it'd been funny.
but now chaerin was at such a state that even she was almost starting to feel sorry for her. almost. but after snatching her boyfriend, wasn't saetbyeol's reaction completely justified? it wasn't like chaerin didn't know they were dating at the time, and she still did it. there was no excuse.
out of the corner of her eye, naeun spied the unfaithful bastard himself, striding over. she wondered what eunchan would do. would he even do something? or was his silly replacement for saetbyeol not worth his time?
but if eunchan was here, that meant- she turned and glanced out the window, and lo and behold, there was the other group. how inconvenient this same mall had been the whole group's favourite place to hang out. how inconvenient they'd once been a whole group.
she could make out his face in the group, and she scowled. it would be too soon if they were to cross paths again.

chaerin had gotten up, and was getting all up in saetbyeol's face. there was buzz all around them, and she watched as some of her old friends started coming towards the cafe behind eunchan. naeun exchanged looks with bai, who was seated beside her, then sighed and stood. she made her way carefully over to saetbyeol, trying to ignore the stares of other customers, apologising under her breath for the commotion.

"unnie, she's not worth your time. ignore her, let's just get our food and go." naeun said quietly, grabbing the older girl's hand and trying to tug her away gently whilst glaring at the girl stood opposite them.
"i don't know what the hell's your problem, chaerin, but saetbyeol didn't do anything wrong. don't even bring up that shitty personality bullshit, you homewrecker." she smiled incredulously. "i can't believe i ever thought you were a nice person."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back