Torn (Private) [Inactive]

Odayaka Inazuma

Ten Thousand Club
Odayaka Inazuma submitted a new role play:

Torn (Private) - Old Vampire kingdom and a pack of werewolves.

Welcome to the Vampire Kingdom of Lucifera.

Vampires, royal and non royal, have been living peacefully in this hidden mountain Kingdom for over a thousand years.

Outside the world has grown and changed, but inside nothing ever changes.

Everything is great, except for the werewolves that roam the outer forest of Lucifera.

:D Hope you like the little intro Jasmine.

Read more about this role play... 
Eve was doing as she normally did. For her it was simply painting in her room waiting for someone to call on her. A small sigh escaped from her lips as she glanced out her window. She had longed to see the world outside the kingdom, yet she was to afraid to venture beyond the safe walls surrounding the it. She had heard stories from her parents as a young girl about werewolves roaming the forest outside. Maybe the were true or maybe not. She would never know unless she ventured there to see. "Good girls don't do such rash things." Her words were muttered to herself as she cast aside her silly thought to return to her painting.

"Aw come on Adrian! That was hardly a blow!" Henry, fellow vampire, exclaimed, throwing up his arms. They were in the courtyard practicing their sword fighting. Adrian groaned and hefted his sword up again. He swung again, but Henry blocked again. Adrian gave up and threw down his sword. While catching his breath, Adrian glanced up at the huge looming walls that were built around the palace. They were built to keep all of the werewolves, humans, and other savage creatures out. But lately, he had begun to feel a lot like they were meant for keeping them in.

Eve gave a sigh as she walked to the door of her room. Opening it the door made a small squeaking noise as it swung open. Calmly she made her way down the stairs and out into the garden. Looking around at the flowers and shrubs that grew there she could not help but think they, like every thing else inside the kingdom, were dark and gloomy. Frowning she sat down on a old wooden swing not far from a rose bush and shook her head.

"Alright, I'm taking a break" Adrian said. Henry nodded and disappeared up the steps into the castle. Adrian heaved a sigh. He took one last look up at the walls and then headed to the gardens. It was the only place he could really think. He was surprised to see his younger sister, Eve, sitting on the old swing they had next to the roses. He strode over to her. "Is something wrong?" he asked.

"No... well maybe it's just me, but this place never changes." She gave a small huff looking up at her brother. She knew the rules her parents had laid down for them all. but maybe they were wrong. Maybe things outside had changed with the years. She could not be sure of it or anything else, but at least she knew she had Adrian to look to for guidance.

Adrian let out a small sigh and sat down next to her, making the swing rock a bit. "You're right. This place doesn't change. It's been the same for centuries. It's a place you can count on for stability...but I understand how you feel. You wonder what lies outside of these walls. I'm sure that if our elders took the time to build the wall, it was for good reasons. You've heard the stories of the Children of the moon. The werewolves that roam wild and crazed through woods. How they love to tear apart and devour our very kind. This wall keeps us protected from such creatures. Think of yourself as lucky"

Eve puffed out her cheeks at her brother. "I know, but what if things out there have changed?" She could help but wonder over such things. She was, after all, a rather young vampire. "I suppose you are right though, brother, I should consider myself lucky." She smiled at him before glazing up at the sky. "You ever feel like a caged bird?"

Adrian also looked up at the sky after glancing over at his sister. "Yes," he finally answered, "sometimes I do. But I am sure that, once they think we are ready, they'll let us venture out one day... Why do you think I practice sword fighting?"

Eve gave a small nod and sighed. "I wish father would allow me to practice fighting." She huffed before shaking her head and looking back at her brother. "But, as you can see, I am forever stuck practicing how to be a proper lady." She gave him a silly little smile and with a small motion made the swing move lightly before laughing a little.

Adrian laughed and thought for a bit. He bit down on his bottom lip and then said, "I'll tell you what. Don't say a word about traveling outside to our parents. Not yet. And I will teach you how to fight."

Standing up, Eve, throw her arms around Adrian. "Really!?" She was more then pleased with his offer. "I shall not say a word." She chimed stepping back and smiling up at him. She never went against her word and she was giving him her word on this. she would not speak of outside to a soul so long as he taught her.

Adrian jumped at the sudden movement but then smiled. "Then I will surely teach you" He got up and looked around.

"We should probably start heading inside now"

Eve gave a swift nod and ran to the door. "Adrian, thank you!" With that she disappeared inside. Once in the castle she walked to the main hall where she glanced around at the painting the hung there. Her mother was a artist whom often captured the darker side of nature. Much unlike herself. Eve was more fascinated by the lighter side of nature and her painting in all aspects where much lighter then her mothers.

"You're welcome" Adrian muttered as she disappeared into the castle. He stared down at the rose bushes. But it wasn't the actual roses he was looking at. It was a small, faded yellow, half-dead flower growing under the bush. It was being choked off by the cruel thorns. He knew the flower would never live to see the sun. The most terrible thing about this was that the beautiful roses were covering up the murder scene. Adrian narrowed his eyes at the plant then hurried inside.

Eve turned away from the painting and shook her head in dislike. She slowly made her way toward the chamber in which her folks would be waiting for her and Adrian. It was awkward family gathering they had each day. She was always uncomfortable at such gatherings, and this one would be by far the worst. Her father had come to believe she was old enough to take a husband, though she had disagreed strongly. Even if she was old enough, it should still be her choice. She wondered if they would have any thing to say to her brother tonight.

Adrian hurried down the main hall, knowing that they were probably all waiting for him. He tried to fix his hair and adjust his clothes before walking into the chamber. He had a feeling that tonight was going to be quite interesting.

Once in the chamber a yelling match had ensued between Eve and her mother. It was a back and forth argument. "Young Lady you will marry if your father says you should. Beside Style is a great vampire and handsome young man." Her mother's words meant little to her. "I do not care what he is or is not. The matter still stands that it is my choice whom I shall wed and when!" She growled before storming out of the chamber and off down the hall. "Adrian, my son, thank goodness you have come. I do not understand your sister. This is so out of place for her. She is such a quiet girl most of the time." The Queen said with a saddened look in her eyes as she sat back in her chair.

"Just give her some time to think about it" Adrian answered. "She is still very young for a vampire. Honestly, are you sure she is ready?" He shifted his weight nervously as he looked into his mother's eyes. He did not think that who you love and marry should be decided by others, but he could not go against his parents' word on this.

The Queen looked at her son and sighed. "Maybe she is not ready yet, but I was even younger then her when I was wed to your father." She said sitting up straighter and shaking her head with disappointment. "If only she could just understand. She is to soft and light at heart for her own good." She huffed before falling silent.

Eve had run back out to the garden where she stood now looking up at the wall surrounding her home and frowned. She had lived here her whole life and all she could think of was escaping now. Why did her mother have to be unreasonable. She would wed when she felt like it and to whom she wanted.

Adrian shook his head. "Whether you want her to be or not, she is not like you. She needs more time to mature" After a second he added, "What is the rush anyways?"

Shaking her head, the Queen, gave a sigh. "Maybe she does, yet either way she does not have the time. Style wishes to marry your sister now." She looked at Adrian and frowned. "As for you, you are mature enough and yet you do little to show you are ready to step up to the task if one of us were to step down." She huffed turning her attention on Adrian.

Eve kicked at the rose bush before running toward the gate. She was not sure what she would do once there, but a part of her longed to just step one foot outside the walls. To be wild for just a moment.

Adrian looked hurt as he asked, "What more do I have to do? I practice my fighting skills everyday, I settle countless disputes inside of the castle, and I enforce the laws you all have created. I have obeyed every command you have given me" He could not understand how he was not ready to take on the responsibility.

The queen softened up a little. "I suppose I am just upset over your sister. You do plenty my son, but I still think that you, if not your sister, should be ready to had a mate. This family has grown small over the years." She said in a tired voice. "Leave me now, Adrian, and go find your sister. At least she listens to you."

Adrian slowly walked out of the room after gazing upon the others. After he was out of their sight, he made no effort to hide his anger. He stormed out of the castle and to the gardens.

"I could have gotten a mate if I wanted one" Adrian growled to himself. He saw Eve across the garden at the gate.

"Eve!" He called out, "What are you doing?" He crossed the garden to meet her.

Eve glanced at Adrian before running out the open gate and into the forest outside. She didn't bother to answer his question, but just kept going until she could run no more. Looking around the forest she gave a sigh and sat down under a tree.

Hal could smell the scent of a intruder in the forest. Running to the location he gave a low warning growl and watched as the girl stood and backed up against the tree she had been under. "Hal, don't kill her just yet." Celia's voice rang in his ears and soon she was there next to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back