• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Topic Deleting

Illusionus

Belongs in that dumpster
I made a topic in a hosted project I made, but I don't really have need for that anymore. Is there any way to delete that topic?

You may hide the topic, but there is no way for you to permanently delete the topic.

Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 2.46.07 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just now, Xenomorphic said:

Incidentally, why?

I believe it is just the nature of a forum.  Users were never able to permanently delete content from the site even before Wizard owned the site.  You can't even delete your own account.  If you ask, the staff may be able to delete some of the older threads, but it's a lot easier to edit new content into them.

Deleting is not possible because it creates a lot of different problems. While staff could still see and even restore deleted posts, it was not an efficient process. Now when you hide things, you are literally just removing them from public view, but it is simply still sitting there and thus easy to view and access if there were need to. No more "I deleted that crap, so now I am no longer at fault for what I said before." That was a false and flimsy excuse anyways.

Under the old software, "delete" was just what this new software calls hide anyway - staff could still see it. ;)   Now the creator can see it as well, as can the GM if it's in a hosted project (unless one accidentally hides the whole hosted project, in which case it's staff-only again!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back