• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Tomorrow's End

Moshanimitsu

Intrepid
Tomorrow's End

The year is 2088.
Mankind stands on borrowed time.
With a planet ravaged by human conflict, the remnants now inhabit the decimated cities and towns, now overgrown ruins, monolithic reminders of what once was, and what progress had been so quickly halted and reversed. The war had started in 2020, claiming many lives. Nuclear deterrents had failed, but with the threat of total annihilation the world turned back to chemical weapons, and force on force fighting. With all sides developing new weapons, it became apparent that only more destruction would ensue. From South America came a biological weapon that was designed to be a killing machine not unlike large cats, but as many escaped into the wild, they began to populate and become packs. Gasses were released on cities, and towns. With these new threats, civilians began using protective masks and to survive. Now, lethal fogs roam the earth carried by the wind.
In 2063 a new faction arose from the ashes of the old world government. The Reclamation Front which stood to try and rebuild, restore order, and unify the small groups of people that were now scattered throughout the world. With their appearance came supplies from old caches and surplus storage. It wasn't long before infighting occurred and began to tear the Front apart, before it fizzled into non-existence. As of now, a few towns have propped themselves up to gather against threats, but they are small, most with fewer than a hundred people, and they are few and far between.
Many of the technologies in the world still function, however have fallen into disrepair as competent mechanics and other repairmen of more advanced equipment have become harder and harder to come by. Cars and such have become predominantly electric, however most larger trucks still run on combustible fuels. Animals have become much harder to domesticate because of the chemical "storms" that occur. This leaves only people with access to sealed buildings with a filtered air intake capable of harboring livestock for any significant period of time. Hunting has become the easiest and most rewarding way to get food and many food stores have already been raided.

Rules
  1. There is a situational length requirement. This means post what is needed, but don't feel too pressured to fluff the absolute hell out of your post. If the characters are sitting around just talking, a single paragraph will do fine. Absolutely no one-liners.
  2. Try to post at least once per day. While taking into account the first rule, remember that we all get writer's block. Just try to post something that progresses the story. The best way around writer's block is often just putting anything down.
  3. This is the usual rule. No meta-gaming, god-modding, etcetera. Can't kill PCs withou owner's consent, blah blah blah.
  4. When the clothes come off, fade to black. Another pretty standard rule.
  5. Major plot events or anything that has a drastic effect must be discussed with me via PM first. It is unlikely I'll say no, but I want to make sure things don't get to crazy.
  6. If you read these name an article of clothing in the same colour as the rules.
  7. Be respectful and courteous to everyone. Plain and simple
  8. Finally, try to play this as realistic as possible. Personally, I enjoy grit and proper struggles.

Personally, I don't much enjoy making big character sheets, so I'm leaving that up to you guys. What does need to be in the sheet is a full name and age followed by some notable skills. Characters can either have a face claim or be described through words.

Last edited:
Donavin Kale Grigs
Twenty-seven
5'9" 160lb
Michael Alabaster Forester
Twenty-Eight
6'3" 284lb
Michael and Donavin stand in stark contrast of each other. Michael stands as a large man, bulky, pale and blonde with blue eyes while Donavin is thin, toned much like the physique of a climber. He sport dark browm hair, deep brown eyes, and olive coloured skin, and very Italian features. Both man served with the Reclamation Front as soldiers from early in their lives until it dissolved after the RF civil war.

Jennifer Rose Kingry
Thirty
5'1" 116lb
Jennifer worked as a mechanic in Reclamation Front territory with her father until he passed away during an unpredicted overnight Chem storm. She sports red hair, pale flesh and green eyes.

Syra
Six
24" 74lb
Syra is a German Shepherd belonging to Donavin. She served with the Reclamation Front along side he and Michael.​

images
images
images

Name: Josselyn Rose' Taylore
Skills: Mechanic -Skill learned from father
Hunting-Learned from Uncle
Badass Cook- Self Taught
Karate
--------------------------------
1518385211223.jpg
images
images

Name: Bianca Shaunte Fields
Skills: Swimming, Piano, Boxing, Shooting all types of guns

Attachments

• 1518385191959.jpg
    1518385191959.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 1
Name: Elliot Winchester
a.jpg
Skills: Cuatro(a instrument similar to a guitar but with 4 strings), Swimming, Good with the Machete and Sniper rifle, Maths, Knows Judo, Not a picky eater
Flaws: He has a terrible fear to heights, hates spiders, not very social.

Do you know how/where we are going to be starting? Is it gonna be a city, the wild, an underground bunker? Also what country? Do you want our characters to be friends or just strangers?

Do you know how/where we are going to be starting? Is it gonna be a city, the wild, an underground bunker? Also what country? Do you want our characters to be friends or just strangers?
  1. Not exactly how, but sometime in the winter. North America. Quebec, Ontario, and some parts of New York, Vermont, and New Hampshire.
  2. Think bombed out overgrown cities and the surounding areas, like New York City is now destroyed buildings, most of which have become part of the forests from the north mountainous areas. From there, north to areas like Ottowa, Montreal and Toranto to give us plenty of space to explore and use.
  3. It doesn't matter. Once characters are posted, everyone can decide relations between each other before I make the opening post.

Name: Kevin Aldwin
Appearance:
Hal-Koerner-631x421-629x420.jpg

Skills: Swimming, climbing, hunting, and shooting.

Alright, from here you all can decide who want to group up with whom. All of my characters are living with each other. I will begin my opener in the morning.

My character will be living alone, in a somewhat intact building, with a dog.
(green t-shirt)

Last edited:
"You know she's going to kill you." Michael said over the snarling of the Ravager pinned between their truck and a stout brick building along the city street, chuckling all the while. The thick hide reminiscent of body armor fibers prevented the massive cat-like creatures from being killed by most conventional firearms, often stabbing the creatures was ineffective as getting close enough was usually a death sentence.

Kale snorted as he watched it continue to claw at them, scratching the hood and pulling paint of in ribbons. "Would you just kill it already. I don't want it hurting the truck anymore than it already has." He snapped back. Michael shook his head with a chuckle, moving to the bed of the truck to grab his sledge hammer. "Yah know," he started before climbing up into the bed, then onto the roof of the cab, "I think they hate you. I rarely see them when I go out on my own." He concluded as he reared up to swing the hammer. He stepped in closer, swinging like a baseball player, crushing the creature's skull just as easily as he would kill a snake in the garden.

Kale once again snorted as the sickening crunch filled the air and the brick behind its head cracking. As Michael stepped down, Kale slid back into the driver seat and pulled away from the wall to examine the damage, the dead ravager slumping to the floor. As he walked back around to stand next to Michael, he set his pre-war rifle against the front of the truck, taking in the full scene of the damaged front passenger corner, broken headlight, and shredded hood. Kale reached up and scratched his head, letting his hand slide down his face, a look of defeat contorting his features. "Think she'll notice?"

Michael cackled loudly, "Will she fucking notice? Dude, she is going to use your skull to hammer the dents out of the body. It was nice knowing you. I'll make sure to feed Syra after you are gone." He said, still laughing hysterically. Kale groaned at this, dropping his shoulders. "I think we should do another patrol. Just to be safe. And give me some time to come to terms with my death." He replied.

Last edited:
Elliot was in a deteriorated building, with his machete, and an empty revolver. "Shit." he said, while hearing footsteps coming towards is location. He runned outside and looked behind, there was an entire pack of ravagers chasing him, "Shit!" he said once more, and started running, but the ravagers were faster.

After a few seconds of running he reached a van, entered, and tried to turn it on, but the keys were in the back seats "Warden! the keys!" he said and a dog, a mastiff to be more specific, appeared, took the keys with it mouth, and gave to Elliot "Good boy" he told, then a *Bump* could be heared, and the growl of ravagers, he turned on the van, and drived, passing over some ravagers.

"That was near." he told to Warden, that was sitting next to him "We must be more careful, those monsters don't die easy right?" he told again, and patted Warden in the head "Let's go home."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back