• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tokyo Grail War

Caster
'Workshop' | "I don't know what awful revelation came over you, but please erase it from thought. Now."

In the time that it took Sophia to formulate her bizarre plan and enact upon it, Caster had somehow already converted her room into a workshop. The next time Sophia entered her own room, it had already become an utterly unrecognizable mess; torn pages covered in unintelligible scribbles and ink blots had been scattered all across the floor, and Caster would be found sitting by the window with an antique telescope set, reading some sort of a book himself.

At the sound of the door creaking open, Caster raised his head to gaze at his master, only to scrunch up in contempt at the sight of Sophia's makeover. The makeup was awful, and the utterly immodest outfit was subject to much of Caster's disgust. His eyes followed the girl as she sat on a couch and began to dig into one of H.P. Lovecraft's works. He let out a soft sigh. Not one of astonishment, but something more akin to a disappointed parent. Removing his white, and rather excessively decorated cloak for an astrologist, Caster tossed it toward Sophia, alongside the old, dusty journal he was reading. "Page six-hundred and seventy-nine," he directed Sophia, "and put on some clothes. The makeup looks ridiculous also, please, for the love of all that is holy, wash it off later."

Upon opening the book, Sophia would find it to be full of cryptic 'predictions' written in horrible handwriting. Though the book seemed far too thin to contain almost seven-hundred pages, Sophia would find that once she reached somewhere around the middle of the book, the number of pages remaining seemed to become stagnant, as if a new page was created at the bottom from thin air each time she turned to the next. Once she reached the page Caster had pointed her toward, she would find an ominous prophecy with a date prescribed at the top.

"A bloody blade
breaks my heart
and rends these wishes
into unheard cries.
Thus henceforth ends
this second life
caked in blood and marred by lies.
"
"You're a smart one, so you understand, yes?" Caster asked, crossing his arms, eyes glaring at Sophia. "I sincerely hope I won't have to spell it out for you as this is the least vague prediction we're going to get. Hence, it is in our overwhelming interests to lay low, until I figure out how to not die horribly. I don't want to die horribly, and you don't want to lose miserably. Or die, presumably. My Noble Phantasm allows me to manipulate the future, but to an annoyingly limited and, unpredictable degree. No, the irony is not lost on me. One more thing; I understand the temptation of partnering with another master-servant pair, but remember that there is only one prevailing team. I'm telling you in advance, as it appears as though a large number of Masters and Servants will be gathered at the Church very soon. What is it you intend to do now, master?"

Orihara Orihara

Last edited:
Lancer noticed them first. Rento had begun to focus on the possibilities of the interior of the Church and how they could effect the two of them. Their early arrival meant that they were highly suspect if the consideration of murder came up. This fear stemming from not only the other Masters of the War but the police as well. They would have left little in the way of evidence of them being there, but the concern was still boring a hole through his mind. Lancer tugged on his sleeve suddenly, pulling him both a few inches towards her and back to reality.

They were no longer alone. Two women, one a stranger and one an acquaintance. He didn't know who the mocha colored girl was, but the other was instantly recognizable. Ophelia. Judging by where they were, the appearance of the stranger, and the time of night, the obvious answer crept into him. Ophelia had joined the Grail War as well. The woman in the far more revealing outfit had to be her Servant. Rento did his best to not let his eyes fall any further then the strangers neck. Something Lancer caught on to quite quickly.

Instead he focused on Ophelia. Which was only slightly better. Ever since their attempted tryst, he found it hard to really look her in the face. He had been the one to back out of his families offer to her, leaving him to feel obligated to pay her regardless. It was a strange business. He wasn't sure that he would get along well with her and had thus been avoiding their shared social circle. He figured Lancer could tell but he was nervous about what could happen next.

Lancer, on the other hand, was enjoying her Masters sudden response to their appearance. Judging by the smell coming off of him, seeing them had stoked a fire in him. The pheromones were almost palpable. Lancer felt her mouth develop into a thin grin. She had little reason not to enact on her Masters hesitation. And, even more lucky for her, the other Servant was being rather upfront and friendly. They offered greetings and a friendly wave. Rento noticed Lancers mischievous grin only a moment to late.

“Good evening!” Lancer called out as she suddenly turned away from her Master and towards the two of them, quickly closing the distance between them. She broke into a full run, keeping her body low to the ground to minimize her already small frame from being hit and to allow her to shift more quickly to dodge. A manic smile spread across her features as she bull rushed them. She also let out a low pitched whine as she did so, as if trying to use her animalistic nature to explain the lack of danger she presented. The whine even sounded authentic, as if a dog were present with them.

MocaPoka MocaPoka CatJones CatJones

Last edited:
Under Assassin's scrutiny, Kichiro likely didn't seem like much. A fairly average looking young man by today's standards, there was little to say about him. He was dressed fairly formally, if only out of habit, with a white button-up shirt and a black jacket. His hair was unkempt in a rather purposeful fashion, an attempt at a more 'roguish' sort of look. Perhaps one could comment that he wasn't unattractive by any means, but he certainly had a certain boyishness to him that made him seem a tad bit younger than his real age would imply. Someone else might say that it seemed like he kept in shape, and he certainly had the motivation to do so after a fair number of close encounters with death convinced him of its ability to help keep him alive. Really though, all of that likely paled in comparison to the great giants of history that Assassin once knew, a pale attempt to capture some of that drive and spark of those who'd come before. Or... At least that's what Kichiro felt he looked like under the Servant's scrutinizing gaze. That nervous knot of tension seemed to refuse to go away, particularly as he sensed her watching him.

The man startled slightly, blinking back in surprise as he took a moment to realize that she'd replied to him. It wasn't that she spoke that had surprised him, however, it was the rather sudden shift in attitude. The first time she'd spoken, it'd been stern, or perhaps more formal. Perhaps the sort of thing one might expect out of a drawn out ritual like this. But now, she seemed to answer jovially, almost like they'd been friends this whole time. A smile seemed to grace her face, or so he imagined. With half of her visage covered by the mask of some hound-like demon, it was hard to tell, but a spark of it seemed to reach her eyes. A smile was a good thing, right? It meant that they were probably getting along.

"Right, a meal, ah... Alright, follow me then, please..." He replies uncertainly for a moment before giving a more firm nod as he tries to cement himself into the position of a host in his mind. Gesturing for her to follow, he'd lead her through the halls and down into the lobby, gesturing for her to take a seat on a couch that sat in front of a low table and hurrying himself off into the separate kitchen area as he attempted to figure something out to attend to her.

Once separate from her, even if only for a brief time, he felt that he could breath easier. A single moment was spent collecting himself before he threw himself into the task of trying to prepare something. "A meal? Would rice take too long though? I wouldn't want to keep her waiting. Ah... What else do I even have?" He murmurs quietly to himself as searches through the fridge, though it was a bit of a pointless endeavor. Kichiro used to be in the habit of stocking the place every week or so as one of his 'chores' he did in return for his lessons, but he'd long since stopped buying anything really perishable. He still kept a number of things in stock, but it was mostly canned goods and other prepackaged things that he knew would last for a good while. He didn't make a habit of eating here every day or anything, but it certainly helped when he worked late and needed something keep himself fed. The man furrowed his brow as he searched through cabinets and drawers now before he found something. "Ah... This should work!"

For perhaps twenty minutes or so, Assassin was left to her own devices. The lobby area itself was fairly cluttered, a somewhat small space filled with bookshelves and a small desk space for office work along with the area she was seated at now. The place would look regularly cleaned, though clearly hadn't seen too much use in recent time. It seemed a bit clinical almost, a bit too clean for a place that someone might regularly use and visit. Really, if it wasn't for a thicker coat that hung on a rack by the doorway and the sounds coming from down the hall in the kitchen, one might expect the place to be purely for show. The only break from the neat orderliness of the space was a fairly large corkboard that occupied a large portion of the backwall. All across it were papers and notes all pinned askew, something scribbled messily on at least half of them, and even on the surrounding floor space there were more than a few notes that had fallen to the floor or maybe even torn and tossed. A singular spot of chaos in the otherwise cleanly space. If she cared to look closer, she'd see that they were some vague attempt to piece together a string of murders. Quite literally dozens of bodies and all in such a short period of time, there was almost too much to sort through with an entire team, let alone by one's self.

Soon enough, however, Kichiro would emerge, a plastic platter in hand with two large plates. Decorating the plates would be, simply, curry and rice. The curry itself was nothing special, the sort of thing you'd buy prepackaged from the store and heat up in boiling water, and the rice simply something made using a rice cooker. Simple enough, but it still constituted a meal. He'd go to set it down on the table and gesturing for Assassin to take a seat across from him if she wasn't already seated.

"Ah... Food's ready, uh... Assassin...? Would you prefer I call you that, or something else?" He asks now as he lets out a huff and settling down. "And, well... I suppose is there anything you'd like to know? I understand the Grail is supposed to help smooth over any... difficulties, but it'd be best to make sure I think."

Reinhardt Reinhardt

Archer
The female Servant (unsurprisingly) noticed them first.

Once the man turned at the tug from his Servant, his eyes stayed on Ophelia after inspecting her. Further evidence that the two living children knew each other. The air was thick with the tension of the two living souls, as if two jilted lovers had been unwillingly reunited. Th nervous atmosphere in the cold night air caused Archer to look back and forth between the Masters awkwardly. She would have never thought the most tension in a Grail war could be caused, not from the meeting of the past dead, but by the meeting of the current living.

Archer fixed her gaze back to the Servant when she suddenly moved and spoke. It was a friendly and energetic greeting, but the movement was quick and sudden enough to be called violent and frightening. Swift, defensive, and aggressive were the first thoughts to flicker through Archer’s mind when the girl charged at her and Ophelia. Those were never thoughts that were favorable on the defensive side and the suddenness of it caused Archer to fully move herself in-between Ophelia and the charging Servant.

She was a moment away from summoning and throwing a Black Key when she heard the whine. It was a language she knew and understood. A language she hadn’t expected to ever here from a fellow human throat. The language of beasts and the intent clear in communication. No danger.

Archer threw up a single hand, palm towards the Servant and fingers spread wide. A human bodily communication that most animals knew to mean stop. She let out her own high-pitched yelp to communicate that she was startled and afraid.

CatJones CatJones AJustKnight AJustKnight

In some cases, Lancer thought to herself, fear is the appropriate response. She was surprised that the opposing servant could speak as a beast as well. Her whine had been met with a high pitched yelp, and as strange as it would have sounded otherwise, she couldn't place the accent. It wasn't a German cry of surprise, nor a French plea for mercy. It had a hint of English but none of the refinement. She wondered if it was a learned skill, a human who took the time to learn to speak as a beast rather then discovering the natural way. Or perhaps she was so used to the animals that she had been around that hearing a more natural one was unnatural to her at this point.

She slowed, sliding across the thin layer of snow as her thin boots struggled to find traction again. But she didn't stop. She narrowed her eyes at the newcomers, now more hesitant that they were on a similar wavelength. Surely, if they could speak this same language, they would have known she was simply interested in them. It was also possible that she was giving them to much credit in realizing the situation. She was moving at a brisk walk now, sidling up to the less clothed woman, who had her hand out, to place her nose squarely in the woman's palm.

Eyes closed, she took several deep inhales. Caution and concern, of course. Not as aggressive nor defensive as she was expecting. They were obviously filled with some degree of anxiety over the situation, whether it be adrenaline or fear was to be decided. Past the emotional odor was the girls natural smell. Earthy, soil. Not the grave dirt she was used to smelling of her own kind, but topsoil. The smell a child gives off after a day of frolicking. Past that, tobacco? No, smoke of some sort but tobacco was the closest thing she could compare it to. All in all, a pleasant aroma.

Lancer pressed her face into the girls hand and let her tongue press squarely against her palm, before moving her head up and licking from palm to the root of her fingers. It was more of a gesture of kinship then tasting. She then lowered her head, exposing the top of her head, her ears twitching with excitement. If the girl considered herself the human in this relationship, she would know what to do next.

This had all happened so fast, Rento was still reeling and trying to decide what to do. He knew how bad it looked that his servant just ran off and started rushing someone who wasn't an opponent yet. The concern that Lancer would break the rules of the War by joining it early was a legitimate one. If they did, what would the punishment be? He'd rather not find out. He brought a hand up to use a command seal, unsure if it needed a flourish to use but not risking messing it up.

But the words never left his mouth. Instead he froze when the opposing servant yelped, loudly, like a dog. He understood that Lancer was some sort of wild animal, but now the other Servant was responding in kind. Stranger yet, it had an effect on Lancer who slowed down but didn't stop. She walked the last couple of feet and began to smell the other servant. Then lick them. A flush of embarrassment washed over him instead. He wouldn't have the servant that broke the rules, he would just have one that was a sexual harasser.

He would let Lancer discern if there was any reason to be concerned for the time being. If she felt it was safe enough to behave this way, he would wait and see what came next.

MocaPoka MocaPoka CatJones CatJones

Well, Ophelia thought to herself, this is going a little more calmly then I was expecting. The new servant seemed far less murdery then expected. Archer did her job of forming a barrier with her own body for her Master when the girl charged, protecting her Master first. However, Ophelia wasn't sure of what to make of the animal noises the two women were making. First the charging servant whined like a dog then Archer yelped, also like a dog. The initial shock of suddenly being rushed by the enemy servant quickly ebbed away and was now replaced with surprise.

“It looks like you have this under control, Archer. I'm gonna go talk to her Master. He's a...friend, I think.” Ophelia told Archer is the white haired woman was standing before her, head lowered like she was bowing.

Rento seemed just as astounded by the turn of events as they were. She moved past the two servants, approaching the other human member of this unique situation. It was true that they were kind of in a strange place with their friendship but she had little reason to believe that Rento would order his servant to attack. He was far to altruistic to do something like that. Though, this did bring up the question of why he would join the Grail War. She set that question aside, instead focusing on simply starting a conversation with her fellow master.

“Rento, long time no see. I wasn't expecting to run into you here, of all places. Especially given the circumstances.” She felt awkward and stiff. They hadn't spoken since their attempt at continuing their family lines. It didn't feel like talking to an old friend but like talking to that weird uncle you try and avoid at social gatherings.

“How have you been? You haven't been coming to the Mortuary Cult meetings, so I was starting to wonder if something had happened to you. Er, everyone was, I should say.”

MocaPoka MocaPoka AJustKnight AJustKnight

Saber turned towards his master, only to find no one there.
He stood there for a few seconds, proccessing the situation, before realizing he was most likely summoned by a low level magus with hardly any mana, and as a result, they bursted into flames as he came into being.
Saber picked up his sword with one hand, and rested it on his back, as he felt a slight headache from the situation, as he rubbed his forehead with his free hand.

First few seconds of being alive and my master is already dead it seems.
He sighed before looking away to the summoning circle he was in and saw the charred remains of the tapestry. Saber knelt down and looked at the fabric, and on it, he can make out two dragons.

I have to admit, for an incompitent fool, he knew what he was doing. I pray he moved on to a better place.
He looked up to the sky, as the moon was there. He let out a puff of air at the beauty of the night. A better place... where my Niece hopefully ended up at, as herself.

He then got up and looked off to the cityscape. He was unfamiliar with it, but he knew this was one place he couldn't show himself all willy nilly. He took a few steps forward as his Armor melded and changed into street clothes, and his blonde hair waved in the cool winds that blowed.
It's time I got to work....

ff5176d9dd555128933138a17399b280.jpg

Last edited:
Archer
Archer had known it was foolish to try and predict how a meeting with another spirit from the past would play out; still even knowing that, she was still surprised at how the current greeting was playing out.

The canine-like Servant had slowed and seemed to be proceeding with a level of caution that had been completely missing from her first charge. The slower pace was a great relief to Archer, and the Native woman's pink eyes widened when the other female Servant displayed even more animal-like mannerisms, greeting her as a dog, fox, or wolf would. Carefully inspecting her scent and evaluating whether she was worthy of further interaction or aggression. Luckily for Archer it seemed her scent was worthy, and the other servant pressed her face into her palm and gave long lick.

It was an acknowledgement of her worth for further friendly interaction. An allowance that Archer was used to, albeit from animals and not humans or spirits. Despite the strangeness of the animal greeting between two former humans, Archer took the situation in stride and let a wide smile take over her face as a giggle escaped passed her lips. Fascinated by the twitching ears atop the other girl’s head and being presented with an obvious permission to pet; Archer reached down and place a hand softly in between the furry appendages.

She soothingly moved her fingers through the girl’s hair, occasionally grazing a furry ear but never fully petting the strange animal feature.

A dark thought passed. The girl must have been cursed with some dark magic or partook herself in the evil magics of the world. Such mutations were always associated with such in her homeland. Still… never had Archer seen or heard of those evil and cursed creatures acting anything like this.

She was taken from her pondering as Ophelia seemed to gain some momentum and decided to interact with the other Master. It seemed the two did in fact know each other, which put Archer's mind further at ease as she continued to pet the canine Servant. Comfortable now with the current situation between Servant and Servant, and Master and Master; Archer finished her petting and greeting the other Servant in a more human manner.

“Hello there. My name is Rebecca. Your hair and ears are very soft!” Archer smiled happily as she gave the compliment.

Saber took his time, eyeing his surroundings as he went to his destination. They were tall buildings, taller than even the village walls he lived behind back when he lived a peaceful life. He liked the way it accented the night sky, with the illumination these structures gave off. From what information he recieved, they were called Sky Scrappers.
To think people like me had advanced so much after my time... it's extrordinary-

"Hey! Watch where you're going, you'll get ran over!"
Saber turned his head to find a man who had stopped centimeters from crashing into him, as the strange contraption he was on let out a loud rumbling noise.
Saber looked at the contraption, then the man who's face was concealed by his helmet.

"I am dearly sorry, my mind was lost in amazement from this land. This is a fine kingdom."
Saber replied as he moved out of the way.
"You meant to tell me you were distracted by the sights? I mean, Tokyo is preatty nice and all but-"
"Tokyo. So that's what this place is called."
He stood in thought, before pointing at the contraption the other man was on.
"What is that? It sounds like a miniature dragon!"

"You never seen a motorcycle before?"
Saber's eyes gleamed.
"A motorcycle? Is it fast?"
"Fast? I won several street races with this badgirl!" The man replied, patting the handles of it.
"Can I perhaps see it in action? I am trying to get to the church and-"
"No can do buddy. I am not a believer in religeon."
Saber laughed.
"No, you don't need to go with me, I just need transportation."
"I mean, If you really want to ride it that badly..."
The man grabbed a helmet out from the backseat and tossed it to Saber.

"Best you be protected in case we crash."
Saber put the helmet on, and got on the motorcycle, seated behind the other man.
"Hold on tight!"
"Hold on tigh- woah!"
Saber felt himself get hit by a force of speed as he hugged tightly to his new temporary friend as they raced down the streets of tokyo.
"I remember passing the church each wensday when I deliver goods to KAIS. This will be an easy ride, trust me!"

A few minutes later, The motorcycle came to a stop, parked in front of the Church.
The driver had a look of confusion at the people there before asking, "Is this a LARP thing you are running or something?"

Saber got off, and chuckled as he gave the helmet back to the driver.
"You could say that. Thank you, that was an amazing experience!"
He replied, sounding like he enjoyed it.
"If you ever get a Motorcycle of your own, we should race sometime."
"We should! See you again stranger!"
Saber said, walking away to the church group. The driver chuckled and drove off as he thought that Saber was a somewhat strange guy.

Saber brought his hands up to the sides and announced his presence to the group.

"I have arrived, and I'm ready to win this!"

CatJones CatJones AJustKnight AJustKnight MocaPoka MocaPoka

Last edited:
Lancer smiled inwardly. Her plan, as simple as it was, had a great deal of merit in it's cleverness. She was certain that she was the only member of this War who would have her unique abilities, her specific edge against her opponents. Archers hand rubbing on her head felt soothing, relaxing even, yet it hid a more devious design. Her scent was rubbing off on the other woman, possibly without her even realizing it. It would be subtle and hard to notice but her own keen nose would be able to pick it up with ease, even from a great distance. With her target marked, it would make it far easier to track her later, to dispatch her later, as the need arose.

Of course, there was a certain amount of familiarity with allowing someone to touch her coat and ears like that. To pretend that it didn't warm her chest a little would be lying. She didn't make any other noise, feeling more content to let the other woman enjoy the brief kinship. The Master, deeming Lancer not to be a threat, wandered off to speak with the other Master. This wasn't part of the plan, but the pheromones' the other master was putting off indicated she wasn't a threat. For now, at least. She also gleamed the other woman's role; Archer. One of the few foes she was worried about. Archers had keen sight, making her method of fighting more harrowing to use.

Rebecca. An English name. She had been born long after the Hundred Years War, but the stories had still been prominent in her homeland. People rarely trusted the English, almost to the point that it was ingrained in their very persons. It was of less consequence for her, however. Her own life had been tumultuous enough that the English were rarely something she thought of. Instead, she lifted her head back up to beam at the compliment to her coat and ears. They twitched a little as she did so.

"Why thank you, Rebecca. Soft as clouds, though not nearly as sightly." She demonstrated by running a few fingers through a mess of knots further down then where Archer had been touching. "Though, I must say your as interesting yourself. Speaking like a beast, you must be quite out of your mind. No one speaks in such a manner unless they've forgotten their humanity. God said so, you know. Or at least, the people who speak for God said God said so. From whence do you-"

She stopped mid-sentence, her ears twitching again. The roar of a modern combustion engine. It annoyed her, the sound to loud even from a distance. She stepped back and vanished into her spirit form, not wanting to be seen by a normal human. Surprising, one did show up, on a two wheeled vehicle. He left after depositing someone else, a possible enemy servant. Judging by his immediate follow up of declaring he would win, it quickly narrowed it down. Which meant there was now loose end to see to.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Rento was surprised by the forwardness of Ophelia. She spoke as if they had barely missed a few days of their meetings, rather then most of a year. There was a nervousness to her voice and way of standing, but she was far better at repressing it then he was. Her conversation started even mentioning their lack of recent exposure to one another. Along with their circumstance. Rento had seen her Servant, there was no denying or pretending that things were anything else. They were, technically, enemies now. Though, Lancer seemed to be bridging a gap with her fellow Servant. Perhaps, there was a chance that they could be allied? At least until they would have to face each other. He couldn't decide if that notion made him feel better or worse about the situation. Finding out one of them lost their lives to a stranger or possibly having to take the others.

"Oh, no, everything's been fine. I've just been busy with the families business. I'm sure the Cult is still getting my monthly stipend, so its like I'm there in spirit at least?" He offered back, trying to throw in a quiet chortle to make it sound more friendly. He was bad at communicating with people. It was a major flaw of his person. That he was talking to a woman was making it even more infuriating that he was so incompetent.

He paused, not sure what to say next. The notion she had mentioned that she was worried about him had already bounced around inside his head but he was trying to suppress the idea. It had surely been a slip of the tongue. Before he had a chance to broach any other topics, the sound of a motorcycle pierced the air. To his surprise, another person was showing up. The motorcycle quickly left, leaving another person behind. Judging by how they were dressed, it must have been another Master. Rento looked at Ophelia, figuring that as she was far more personable, she would handle the newcomer.

CatJones CatJones Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Archer
Archer smiled at the other female Servant’s response. Things were going far better than she could have prayed for when meeting another combatant for the Grail. Cordial dialogue was not something to be taken for granted and Archer could only hope that the other Servants would be as favorable as the canine-like one before her. The Native girl nodded her head cheerfully at the other girl’s words, finding no fault with them.

“I’ve always been told ever since I was a little girl that my mind was likely half taken away by mischievous sprints. Animals always seemed to like me, so I thought it rude not to learn how to speak with them, although people said I was only able to because was mind was half in the spirit world. Although yes, the Church said that God didn’t look on me for as long as he should have if I can "speak like a beast"… but besides being kidnapped a few times it hasn’t been a problem.”

Archer paused her excited flood of words noticing the other woman had paused upon hearing an engine. A small vehicle dropped a man off before leaving. Archer hurriedly appeared by Ophelia’s side. She kept an eye on the new comer and waited for her Master’s possible instructions.

She hoped that the man who had dropped off the new Servant was a Magus or Master. If not…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back