• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tokyo Ghoul: The Old Blood IC

CerpinTaxt

A Man With No Face
Berlin, Germany

Germany was a place of turmoil for ghouls and humans alike. The once mighty ghoul organization 'Die Schockwellenreiter' had met a bitter end just a few weeks prior with bodies littering the Black Forest which once housed the defeated organization, and cleanup was moving at a snail's pace. The battle had come at a dire cost; with a quarter of GGET12 personnel having either been killed or left unfit for employment. Out of the thirty Special Class investigators that had led the week-long operation, only five remained. Both sides were left with a power vacuum, with the GGET12 was frantically looking for ways to boost its manpower while various ghouls had set about forming groups of their own. Turf wars had sparked up across all over the country, especially in Berlin but it was a matter of time before a group would eventually rise to the top. The temporary induction of members of the CCG into the German organization to bolster manpower had already turned heads, and the news of the Quinx squads 'conditions' left the various investigators all the more polarized on their thoughts of the foreign investigators.

The GGET12 had been watching one particular group for some time now who called themselves 'The Berlin Butchers' and were lead by someone who called themselves 'Leather Teeth'. While they proved themselves to be formidable compared to the other groups around them they cast a smoldering flicker of light in comparison to the once burning presence of their forerunner with mostly low ranking ghouls making the bulk of their pitiful size. Regardless, the GGET12 saw a potentially easy victory as a way to regain some morale after the devastation that had taken place weeks ago. It was best to deal with the group before a big problem as well.

It also gave a wonderful chance for the foreign investigators to practice.

--

The Quinx squad had landed just a week ago. Between the twenty hour flight, and the nearly endless amount of paperwork they had been given to sign out the GGET12 had figured to give the group some time to rest and prepare. They'd been informed that to save costs of housing the group would be leased a spacious condominium for the whole group; regardless of any complaints that may be filed. Efficiency was the GGET's motto, and it applied in more than just combat. Once the group had settled in, however, their German counterparts went quiet for a few days and had left the Quinx to their own devices and allowed them to get a chance to have some familiarity with the city of Berlin. The GGET12, behind the scenes, was really just trying to find something for them to do. Many of the higher-ups disliked their presence much less what had happened to their bodies. They couldn't have any 'meaningful' tasks or assignments. Not yet.

A knock on the door had come at noon that day; a letter sliding through the mail slot a moment later as well as a small box that contained syringes of RC suppressant and a few discreet earpieces. As bare bones as the contents were, they were certainly the orders for their first assignment; and a time limit of when the assignment was to be completed. That evening. The GGET12 had a suspicion of an owner of a nearby club to be one of the big fish of the Butchers. All that was asked of them was to get to the man and detain them through any means possible with a small group of investigators would be dispatched with the Quinx for backup and support. The employees were believed to be ghouls as well and to be handled with no hesitation; if violence broke out, standard police were on standby to handle civilian evacuation. Quinques were to be hidden to the best of their abilities to keep as low of a profile as possible for all participants; wearing street clothes was an option for them all as well.

Get in, grab the owner, deal with any resistance, and leave. It sounded simple enough. Made even easier with the syringes the Quinx and the small squad had been given and the earpieces to ease with communication.

Sure enough, evening rolled around. Personnel were either driven in small, discreet vehicles that were stopped a few blocks away or through any means they wished. The club was large, flashing neon lights visible through the windows on the second story of the building and the bass of the music could be lightly felt from the outside of the building. The name was 'Noyse', a fittingly trashy name for a rather trashy club. The line at the entrance was rather long; though it's not as if anyone lacking charm couldn't talk their way in. How they all got in was up to them; the ends justified the means. A few unmarked police vehicles were just a few blocks away, ready to spring into action in the case of violence breaking out.

It was time to begin.

Lucem Lucem The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit S n o w S n o w QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel simj26 simj26 Arne Arne Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse

Tinged with the faint stench of cigarettes and flashing neon lights, the night air hung overhead with a cool, electrified energy. The night was young, as they said, and so the youth and had come running. As rhythmic as the music that hung in the air, the voices of countless foreign youths chattered away, forming a melody and atmosphere of their very own.

Actually, in this situation, they were the natives weren't they?

As if it would re-calibrate her mind, the Investigator from abroad tousled her hand through her hair as she contemplated the thought. She was the foreigner here, so it'd be rude of her to think of the locals speaking their own tongue was something to marvel at, regardless of how movie-like it sounded. That in mind though, she was a little worried about something. Through an outright painful amount of blood and sweat, the woman was fairly confident in her ability to speak the language, but... Well, hearing it spoken so fluently was a little intimidating. Understanding the words was one thing, but actually being able to pick up on the slurred speech and bizarre slang of someone comfortable with the language was a whole new ball park.

But that was enough postulating about her troubles! It wasn't time for her to be worrying about whether her studies would pay off or not, it was time to investigate villains and save lives! With a look of determination on her face, the blue haired woman nodded to herself and decided to take a note from one of her co-worker's books.

"Right, guys! I'm gonna go and get us in!" With not an, if, or but to be heard, the woman declared her ambition to her fellow foreigners; at her first exclamation she spoke her native tongue, and then the language of the land at her second, as if it were some sort of extra proof of her ambition. As soon as the words had settled in the air, she set towards her target, marching past the line of more orderly customers and placing herself face to face to the club's bouncer.

"Hey, partner!" Catching the man's attention in-between his handling of one customer and the next, she piped up in the merriest voice she could muster. "How are you today? Um, I'm from Japan! Ahh... I came all the way from Tokyo to see you!" Now that she was actually face to face with her target, it occurred to her that she wasn't actually sure what to say here. This kind of place, she was realizing now the visor of work was letting her see through the glitz and glamour, really wasn't her usual scene.

"Er, I mean, the club. The club! My friend told me that this place was very lovely, you know? U-um..." Her voice trailed off, and her mind begun to turn blank as she stared up at the hulk of a man in front of her. This was quickly starting to seem like it was a lot harder than she thought it was going to be.

"S-so... Can I come in?"

Amidst all the organized chaos of Berlin's nightlife, surrounded by young adults holding either brand drinks or packages whose content he'd rather not fathom and bombarded by all sides with the rhythmic tunes that escaped from the nearby nightclubs, Eiichi could only think of how much he wanted to go home. When he first signed up for the Quinx surgery for the promise of opportunities to stand out, he most certainly didn't expect that this meant being thrown into a foreign country just to be delegated the most menial of the tasks even after waiting for a week - especially not accompanied by higher ranked local babysitters investigators, who'd most certainly receive all the credit for the investigation even if something exceptional did happen.

It simply didn't seem fair to him that, even after he put a remarkable effort into somehow learning the language - something that was only possible because he was brought up in a partially Austrian household, and even then was still quite troublesome - they'd rather force him to do a capture job rather than let him follow his own investigation like much less qualified investigators could. Even worse, they pretty much all but forced them to the condo that was determined to be their boarding location, forcing the barely more than strangers group to go through a fairly awkward convivence for the following week, as they similarly didn't have the permission to work at their own initiative while in a foreign land.

With that being said, none of the dissatisfaction he felt was displayed in Eiichi's face as the group approached their target location. Being as focused in being a proper investigator as he was, it wasn't possible for him to simply forget his training and let his emotions get the better of him - especially not in a crucial moment for the mission, even if it was a fairly disappointing first mission.

Luckily for him, he at least didn't have to go through the embarrassment of having to use his hastily learned to gain entry to the nightclub since Investigator Kuutake - the sole member of the squad that was a bit more dependable, at least in his eyes - quickly stepped in to take this role for herself, uttering her decision in both languages as if to convince herself that it was the best decision - something that almost led Eiichi to mutter a quick "Fight!" to further motivate her, though he quickly dismissed this silly urge once he noticed how childish it felt.

Unfortunately, things didn't quite go as planned when Ikiru actually started to speak to the hulking bodyguard, taller than even the fairly tall Eiichi by at least a couple inches. While she started it fairly well, it didn't take long for her tendency to be fairly awkward when lying to kick in - something that Eiichi should've expected since he knew her even from academy period, but ultimately didn't due to his dissatisfaction with the mission temporarily blurring his attention.

As soon as he did notice the awkwardness in her speech, though, he moved quickly - and without thinking, of course - to join his squad member, somehow managing to bring out his best business smile as he approached the bodyguard, positioning himself beside the girl. "I'm sorry for my friend, she is still suffering from jet lag" He quickly said, somehow managing to make his German pronounce sound fairly smooth, though it was still quite bit awkward due to his weird phrasing. "What she means is that our friends are already in, so we'd really appreciate if we could enter earlier too. We can only stay for a few days so losing tonight would be a disaster." He said, using the acting classes he was pretty much forced to take to go against his quiet nature and utter an explanation that he felt was good enough to elicit the guard's pity.

Hopefully, Ikiru wouldn't be mad because of his sudden interruption. She was the only one in the house who could cook reasonably well AND be trusted around food after all, so it would be better not to put himself on her bad side unless he wanted to live on instant ramen alone.

First Class, Dieter Krause
fb19e59218c0c79bd81a0b8ab429bd38.png
Sitting in the back seat of a luxury car, Dieter stared idly out the widow, chin rested against his knuckles as his butler, Greta, drove. Scattered on the seat next to him were reports on the ‘The Berlin Butchers’. They were nothing to brag about. Die Schockwellenreiter had a more impressive showing in terms of ghouls and numbers. Still, ghouls were ghouls. Their existence posed a threat to humankind and all the innocent girls of the world.

“Are you bored, Young Master?”

“On the contrary, Greta, I am very excited. It’s been a while since I’ve been asked to don commoner clothes and participate in the more lively functions of the poorer populace. This club. Noyse. It’ll be a novel experience, I’m sure.” Leaning back, Dieter crossed his legs, hands loosely clasped in front of him. He was dressed in casual clothes—his white coat removed and his normally more refined clothing replaced with simpler ones that would better suit the setting. “More than that, I’m looking forward to seeing what these so called Quinx can do. You’ve heard of them, yes? The new breed of investigators. Humans that have the kakuhou of a ghoul installed in their body.” Dieter shook his head. “It’s really quite mind-blowing how far some of the higher ups are willing to go in order to see ghouls exterminated. Turning fellow humans into some sort of ghoul hybrid? Really! I, for one, can’t imagine agreeing to be operated on in such a profane manner. But then, I don’t have to. Why change perfection?”

Dieter flashed a toothy smile.

“You don’t sound particularly nervous to be working with these ghoul hybrids, Young Master.”

“That’s because I'm not. If they succumb to their ghoul-like tendencies, I’ll handle the foreigners like I handle any other ghoul. Though, I do hope it doesn’t come to that. Regardless of the nation, we are all compatriots fighting for the same righteous cause after all.”

As the neared the building where Noyse was located, Greta found an available spot to park before giving Dieter the earpiece and syringes that had been sent to his mailbox. “I don’t presume to tell you what to do, Young Master, but you’ve never been particularly…inconspicuous…and if the ghouls discover you are an investigator they will be on guard. It’ll be more difficult to acquire the target in that case.”

Dieter laughed. Greta was always serious about her work. For the normally unmoving woman to speak up as she did, she must really be worried about him. Was it the ghouls? No. This operation seemed easier than some of the others he’s been involved in and she was one of the few Servants he trusted not to get themselves killed while carrying his quinque case to the battlefield. In some ways, she was better than him when it came to hand to hand combat. It was probably the quinxes. If there were any differences between the current ghoul cases and his previous ones, it was the foreigners he was tasked to support. “Do not worry your sweet head, Dear Greta. I’ve got this covered.”

Pulling out a pair of gaudy sunglasses from his pocket, Dieter slipped them on his face as he exited the car. If Clark Kent could hide his identity with just a pair of glasses, so could he. Chances are ghouls wouldn’t recognize him from just facial structure anyway.

“I’ll wait for you to get changed. Your job remains the same as always. I doubt the bouncer would be crude enough to check a woman’s purse, but be prepared if they do.”

He was fortunate that his quinque could retract in length. Even if it couldn’t, whips were foldable and easy to hide. The same couldn’t really be said of Sascha’s Guillotine. Dieter smirked. He’d been told that Ebner would be working with him for this one. How such a lovely, lithe thing like her could lift such a big blade into battle stumped him. Tucking the earpiece into his ear, Dieter leaned against his luxury car in faux casualness as he observed the long line and mentally went over the names of the Quinx squad members in his head.

Ikiru Kuutake. Hualing Fan. Shota. Hitode Hayashida. Eiichii Yujima.

Given that their target was only a single ghoul, it probably wouldn’t even require that much to detain him without alerting the civilians or causing a stir. In that case, the Quinx squad could handle it themselves. But that wasn’t how First Class, Dieter Krause operated. The Rose Investigator just as support? Nein! He was never anything but the main attraction.

(mentioned: The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit , S n o w S n o w , Lucem Lucem , simj26 simj26 , Arne Arne , Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse )

Last edited:
HayashidaGERMANY GERMANY GERMANY! BEER BEER BEER! HANDSOME BLONDE BOYS WITH BODIES THAT ADONIS WOULD BE ENVIOUS OF! It was EVERYTHING she needed and wanted! It was impossible to even attempt to calm herself down- this was the first time she was even going overseas! She hadn't even explored all of Japan! She stifled yet another squeal of elation into her scarf, a practice that one of her colleagues had told her to get used to after she made a high-pitched sound in the middle of the flight, shrill enough to make the flight attendants worry. There were five of them altogether, all the rest of whom she had gotten to know through just chatting with them or through hearsay from others. Kuutake, Fan, Shota (she would never not snicker at his name), and Yujima. She had her opinions on all of them, and she had not been particularly subtle about them. In short, all of them were simply fascinating. She loved all of them. Each and every one of them had their own reasons of becoming the very thing that their kind feared. It was ironic that some of them were even becoming the things that they hated. They fought the monsters, and became the very monsters they fought. Nietzsche wasn't her cup of tea, but some of the things he said might have some weight after all. Their trip was uneventful, much to her own annoyance, though that annoyance gave way to more elation at the sight of the luxurious accommodations they were receiving. Now that she was free from the enclosed space of an aircraft, she could squeal with joy as much as she could. It didn't take her long to ensure the covers of her bed were crumpled and in a mess within the minute. She didn't have much personal time with her bed, though. The orders came around noon. She didn't really mind being interrupted. If there was something she liked more than the bed, it was action. Some goddamn action! Finally! She’d finally get to stretch her arms and do stuff! As a Quinx! Nothing could go wrong! She believed in her beginner’s luck!

She gave a short curse as she dropped her phrasebook. “W-wait!” she called to the others as they neared the club they were ordered to investigate. "I dropped my-- damn it!” As she stepped forwards and bent down to pick up the book, her foot kicked into the book, sending it shooting straight into a gutter. She straightened up and sighed. So much for beginner’s luck. Now that she had lost her cheat sheet, she wondered if she should have paid attention more to her German crash course. Her English wasn't exactly sterling either. Written and spoken were two completely different beasts. She always had a problem with with spoken English, having to manually translate Japanese into English slowly in her mind before speaking. It irritated her that she had to think before she spoke. It ruined her momentum. Shrugging, she hurried to catch up with her colleagues. They had opted to cut the long queue, and now, two of them were at the front, attempting to convince the bouncer to let them in. At first, this act was fairly respectable. Yujima and Kuutake seemed very reliable…until she got closer to them and overheard what they were saying.

Well, she didn't exactly know what they were saying, but it sounded like they were kids pleading to be let into the cool kid's club.

Wow! These two were idiots! She almost burst out laughing at them. And that was what made them so treasured in her eyes! So very very precious, like newborn babes, sweet summer children.Now it was her time to shine! It was time for someone like her, born on the streets, living on the streets, knowing the in and out of the darkest corners of the streets, to show them how it was really done. She strode forwards to her colleagues, a look of resolute confidence set on her visage as she looked straight into the eyes of the bouncer. Her voice unwavering, she opened her mouth and spoke in clear German, with the same amount of confidence in her words, and jerked a thumb towards the club: “Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale.” Without pause, she held out her other hand for a shake, a hundred euros palmed into her hand. The shadows cast by the light was enough to hide it from the view of the other customers behind her, but it was clear to the bouncer she held some…incentives in her hand. An extra tip for the night to let them in. They weren't getting anywhere by being nice and making excuses. Where did the two think they were, some high-falutin Tokyo bar? They had to spend some cash to get anywhere.

4829acdf8c0b84cc21a6d5a528ab2537.jpg
Hua stood off to the side, observing the nightclub as her fellow investigators accosted the bouncer. She squinted at the sign on the top wall, broadcasting the name of the club in neon colors and flashing lights. Noyse, it read. Learning Japanese hadn't been too hard for Hua. It had been different, but still similar to her native tongue in many ways. It wasn't as hard as learning German was proving to be. Over the last week, she taught herself to read it. She thought herself proficient, for the most part. Speaking it, however, was proving to be a challenge. At least when she read German, she could do so at her own pace. Trying to keep up with a conversation while mentally translating every word from Chinese to German was nearly impossible. At least at her current level. She could have slow conversations with others, but she was not nearly as good as Investigator Kuutake.

The line of people waiting to get into Noyse stretched around the back of the building. That was a no go. Music leaked out of the building in waves and some excited patrons were already dancing in place. "Noyse," Hua tested aloud, the word awkward and foreign-sounding on her tongue.

She wondered, briefly, if the bouncer was a ghoul. According to the letter they received earlier, it was very possible that every single person employed by the club was a ghoul. She somehow doubted that when confronted, the owner of the club would go with them quietly. This had the potential to become a bloodbath if they weren't careful. The only way she saw this all working without a fuss was if they caught the owner by surprise and kidnapped him before he could raise an alarm. The noise of 'Noyse' didn't make this plan impossible.

She would have asked her companions what their plan was beyond 'get into the club', and shared her own idea, but the situation with the bouncer didn't look like it was going well. Hua could only catch a few words here and there, but seeing as Investigator Hayashida and Investigator Yujima had both joined in, she could guess that Kuutake's initial attempt had failed.

Hua looked towards the entrance to the club, then at the distracted bouncer. "Let's go in, Shota," she said in Japanese. As confident as Hua was in her fighting prowess, she wasn't stupid enough to enter a club full of ghouls by herself. At least with Shota, she would have someone watching her back. Without waiting for an answer, Hua weaved through the crowd out front and strode past the bouncer like she belonged there.

If it all went sour, at least she had her quinque, hidden under the back of her shirt.
Lucem Lucem

8514b955178eb54684a237dd99f08781.png The sound of a loud motorcycle engine roared into earshot as Jonas whipped down the street of the club and practically slid into an open spot not far from the front. He was wearing an unbuttoned button-up over a plain white shirt, and black slacks, normal black shoes covering his feet. The man planted his feet on the ground before pulling off his helmet, his snow white hair falling in waves from the accessory as Jonas frantically smoothed it out. He kicked the stand out it and allowed it to lean on its own leg before stepping off of it and hanging the helmet from it. He stepped forwards onto the sidewalk, passing up most of the line that seemingly flowed out of the nightclub. He saw the younger investigators and gave a short grimace as he remembered what they were. He looked between them as he started to approach them. His tall and muscular figure towered over all but one of them, whom he was only 2 or 3 inches taller than, but his eyes moved between them quickly judging their possible potential before he sighed and pulled package of cigarettes from his back pocket, knocking one up and out of the package before letting it hang from his lips. He put the package away quickly before pulling a lighter from the same pocket. He lit the cigarette in his mouth, the flame from his lighter making the inside of his hand glow as he used it to shield the flame, and inhaled slowly. The tip glowed before the man exhaled through his nose and sent a cloud of smoke downwards. He yawned quietly as he finally got behind the investigators that were attempting to get the bouncer to allow them in. He cleared his throat quickly before speaking in fluent but simple German.

“You still haven’t gotten in yet? I give you all one job while I finished up a few errands and it’s this difficult? Sometimes I wonder how you lot made it through college.”

He said quickly, mumbling the last part loud enough for the bouncer to hear, and adding just enough dramatic flair for it to be believable but not over the top. His voice was deep in tone but relatively smooth sounding as it flowed from his mouth calmly but confidently. He seemed old enough to be a teacher of theirs, or maybe a classmate depending on the major. It was all a fabricated lie though, so who cared?​

[import]9010974[/import] [class=values] --tabStyle: column nowrap; --contentStyle: row wrap; --tab-txt-align: left; --tab-txt-color: White; --bg-color: #990000; --fontFamily: 'Laila'; --fontSize: 20px; --tab-hover-color: White; --tab-hover-bg: #cc0000; --tab-select-color: White; --tab-select-bg: #b30000; [/class] [div class="tabContainer values"] [div class=tabHolder] [div class="tab selected"][div class=tabID]1Tab[/div]Sascha[/div] [div class=tab][div class=tabID]2Tab[/div]Micha[/div] [/div] [div class=tabContentHolder] [div class="tabContent 1"]
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀In all honesty, are traps really that gay? The soft humming of the vehicle caused a mild vibration to occur, it wasn't enough to disturb anyone as much as it had been the car's neutral position. Glancing up from the steering wheel the driver could see the smiling form of Sascha, a black-haired individual who tended to be rather ambiguous when it came to looks, the misinterpreted glances he'd received so commonly highlighted that. They rested a relatively short distance from the hideout of 'The Berlin Butchers' and the fact they'd gotten to where they were had been quite convenient. Looking into a small pocket mirror he applied some lipstick, not to the point where it would be overbearing just enough to draw a bit of attention. The goal of this seemed to be based around location, given that they were going undercover it was somewhat expected that he hide his appearance- but this was more of a transformation. The figure that now became fully visible in the back-seat was emanating a feminine aura, he had turned into a surprisingly beautiful woman in the past two-hours.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ebner.... are you sure this won't give the newbies the wrong impression?" The driver asked as he continued to glance up in the rear-view mirror to the young 'lady' accompanying his question with the elevation of his brow. A small smirk crossed Sascha's freshly beautified lips, "No need to worry about me Denis, it will be a good test of their perception. Besides- You know as well as I do that this will be the easiest way to speak with my partner." She or rather he sighed and turned towards the window, a hand moving to prop his head up. This appearance wasn't anything unusual to Sascha, in fact it was something he had commonly been used to. That may have been a reason why he was unable to grow facial hair, or even why his leg hair stopped growing at a young age. Regardless, sometimes an undercover mission called for some peculiarities.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Heaving a light sigh Sascha adjusted his voice to sound higher and 'girl-like' which occurred remarkably fast, "Well then. I'll be heading out- Be ready if anything goes wrong Denis" he would say before blowing a kiss towards the driver and exiting the vehicle. If anything was said after he had left then it was beyond his knowledge, reaching up he played off inserting his earpiece as though he'd just been meddling with his hair. After beginning to walk Sascha had soon translated into the full embodiment of the feminine facade he played. The current issue was that they still needed to get into the club, as 'she' walked Sascha glanced towards the rather lengthy line that seemed to grow the further he walked.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The dulled sound of music and distant, but pungent, scent of alcohol made haste to harass his senses. The latter of those was nothing new, however the rhythm of the music led a new thought into his mind. Pausing for the slightest amount of time he waited before continuing to move, his steps matching that of the beat. It was a bit complicated to keep up the effeminate walk along with the rhythmic step but... he'd manage.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀About this time he'd noticed Dieter and began in that direction, stealing occasional glances towards the infamous 'Quinxes' proved more than enough to show the interesting approach they had chosen. Upon closing in he stopped a short distance from his partner, cocked one hip out to the side, and then rested a hand atop it. "Good afternoon Mr. Krause, it's a pleasure to accompany you tonight." 'She' smiled to him, Sascha kept his voice quieter since there was no telling what a ghoul's ears might pick up. An undercover mission like this wasn't likely to be one that had them attract tons of attention, but just in case the outfit and shift of style that he employed seemed to be the best option.
Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Mentions: S n o w S n o w Arne Arne simj26 simj26 Lucem Lucem The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit
[/div] [div class="tabContent 2"]
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The mission was to begin upon entering the club, that was what Micha remembered most of all. They wouldn't have to fight as long as there hadn't been a major amount of suspicion drawn to them. As long as that remained the case then it would prove less of a hassle when time came to clean up the bodies. At the same time though, the fact that she'd been standing in this line for twenty-minutes seemed a bit excessive. Patience was key though, to wait for the right moment to make your move, she just had to remember that and the rest of this operation should go swimmingly. Looking around herself she had begun to wonder- just how many of these people were ghouls? To some extent it was worrying, but at the same time there was no time to freak out about it as that would cause more issues.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So instead she continued to stand outside of 'Noyse' for any sort of cue that this was to begin. That's about when she noticed it, the strange group had made their appearance and she couldn't help but look towards them. The investigators from Japan didn't look to be anything too special but their outward appearance wasn't what made her curious to them, no, it was their secret that made her wonder. For someone to be a human and yet they'd been outfitted with a ghoul's form. She examined each of them closer for a moment, some had begun to approach the bouncer at this point. Ikiru Kuutake had been the first to take a crack at it, it seemed that her chosen approach was to flirt with the man? But soon that had begun to fall apart, a short-lived sigh escaped Micha as her shoulder released any tension they had previously held. Another member of their group, Eiichi Yujima, had approached and appeared to be trying to salvage whatever was going on. Her thoughts were drawn away from this as the sound of something colliding with the street came about, turning to view what the object was she had been left looking at a crumpled mess of paper- it appeared to be a book of some form.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Returning her gaze once more to the scene she could now see that more of the Quinx squad had appeared, Hayashida Hitode, who also approached the bouncer. Glancing away for a moment she noticed that another one of the Quinx members, Hualing Fan, began their approach. It seemed that their method was to enter through the main door by overwhelming the bouncer and then sneaking their way around him. A solid plan as long as it worked out for them. Turning around now Micha made her way out of the crowd unnoticed and began to maneuver her way around the building. Seeing as the rest of the group she was running back-up for had decided to funnel through one option, she would take a different approach- separating the squadron may have been for the best if conflict came about. She took a moment to look back to the Quinx group, the one known as Shota seemed to be approached by Hualing and so the assumption they would go together forged in Micha's mind.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Reaching up she felt to ensure her earpiece was still there, a lock of hair hiding it from the outside world, nothing specific had been sent through the communication yet. Searching about the area there would be plenty of ways to make an entrance, busting through the window was one but it seemed everyone else wished to be stealthier. The service entrance could definitely be one way to enter but she didn't really look the part for that, but it was something to consider all the same. Looking about a little more she noticed that about twelve feet (about 3.6 meters) off the ground was a vent cover, likely the main airway of this building. If they wanted to be secretive then, due to movies, this would likely be the best way to do so. Now came the issue of getting up to this thing, she couldn't just reach up and grab it so she'd have to find some way to make herself taller- or at least make the pathway attainable.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Moving back a little bit she readied herself and continued looking around just to ensure no one tried to sneak up on her or anything. Breaking out into a sprint her rather small form almost seemed to teleport, going from on the ground to airborne in the matter of a second. The events that transpired in those next few moments was something strange, a feat that didn't seem possible had quickly turned into a normal situation or at least as normal as it could be. Put simply, Micha had went from running towards a wall to clinging to the opening of the vent with the cover in her other hand. Pulling herself up she managed to get in the vent and replace the cover in nearly the same move, she looked like she was fresh out of some spy movie or maybe even a secret agent of some form. Either way now began her venture to get in, slowly and as quietly as she could her form began to crawl through the ventilation system.
Interactions: N/A
Mentions: S n o w S n o w Arne Arne simj26 simj26 Lucem Lucem The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit
[/div] [/div] [/div]

Dieter’s eyes wandered. He couldn’t help himself. It was a fine specimen of a lady that stood before him. Sascha always did look rather lovely, even in work clothes, but in a dress she put many other females to shame. Admittedly, he didn’t know that much about her, despite them being in the same age group. His fellow first class had been focusing on self improvement due to the lack of an adequate partner, so he’d mostly heard rumors—all involving a certain ghoul called ‘Executioner’

Taking her free hand in a single, graceful motion, Dieter brushed his lips lightly against Ebner’s pale knuckles, his eyes locked on hers. “A pleasure to be working with you as well, Ms. Ebner. I’ve heard all sorts of wonderful things about you.”

Straightening, Dieter released Sascha’s hand as Greta exited the luxury vehicle, dressed in an attire that was more the setting. A dark, low-cut, form fitting dress that was a bit too scandalous to be considered proper in high society. However, it was also topped with a couple of expensive accessories to show off wealth. The role of a rich lady looking to slum it with the lower class was given to his quinque-case carrier.

Well, purse-carrier now.

Dieter offered an arm to both women, a winning smile on his fair face. “Let’s finish this evening quickly. I tire of waiting.”

The line to the club may have been terribly long for some people, but not for Dieter. Krauses simply didn’t do waiting with the masses. Getting ahead in line was a simple task for a man of his looks. All he needed to do was lower his sunglasses and persuade some of the girls with some sweet nothingness for them to let him cut. For the ones that didn’t work, mainly the males, bribery was more than enough. It was just pocket change to Dieter anyway and he didn’t mind helping the less fortunate.

Therefore, it wasn’t long before Dieter, Sascha, and Greta neared the front of the line where Dieter caught wind of Jonas's oddly low and smooth voice. The Rose Investigator rolled his eyes. Trying to help the quinxes? Whatever happened to letting the new, foreigners get some practice? A flicker of his eyes caught sight of two others that were sneaking in past the bouncer—a small boy-looking quinx and Chinese-looking one.

Hua and Shota, if he remembered the names right.

Dieter sighed. Maybe he'd help after all.

Ahhh, what is taking so long?” Tapping his foot impatiently, Dieter circled his arm so it was around Sacha’s waist and pulled lithe, surprisingly toned, body closer while at the same time showing her off. “Can’t you see my girls are getting cold? Just hurry and let the kids through already! Making all these lovely ladies wait out here in the cold, dark street.” Dieter shook his head in disappointment. “Terrible business.”

Dieter didn’t have any difficulty faking a self-righteous, annoyed tone—one that incited a bit of murmuring from the line-waiters behind him. In fact, it probably wasn’t entirely fake. Perhaps if he kicked up enough of a fuss he could demand to see the manager. Or the club owner. Certainly a quicker way to finish the job.

Then again, the bouncer was an employee of the establishment and likely a ghoul as well. Capturing him probably wouldn’t earn as many points as the owner, but with so many investigators present, the chances of him catching the big fish was low. Smaller would have to do for now.

Besides, the bouncer had committed the grave offense of making him, Dieter Krause, and all the girls behind him, wait.

Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse , S n o w S n o w , Arne Arne , Lucem Lucem , The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit , King Vioogra King Vioogra

Last edited:
The bouncer before the group had clearly been having a fairly decent night so far implied by his relaxed posture and the calm way he'd been handling the long line of customers coming his way. That was until some foreign girl had decided to approach him and stumble through some fast talking to get ahead of the line. He was certainly amused, peering down at the girl with a raised eyebrow. "What? They don't have lines in your country? Sorry bu-" Another one approached him. Then another. Suddenly there was a whole group of people wanting in. Intentionally or otherwise they were distracting him from the line of potential customers.

The bouncer was steadily becoming overwhelmed, and the line of people was becoming more roused at the groups rather shameless attempts to get in. The bouncer was about to shoo the impatient group in when he spotted the girl was bribing him with a very suspisciously high amount of money. 100 euros to get into this shitty place? The man's gut feeling told him something about the whole group was just wrong. The muscular man opened his mouth to speak; completely distracted by the angered crowd and the small group to even notice that the Chinese girl and the underage boy were practically inside already.

That was all it took for the crowd to boil over.

"Hey! How come they got in!"

"Do your job correctly!"

"Let's just go in anyway!"

Suddenly people in line just walked past the bouncer and inside; much to the horror of the bouncer as he went to try and stop them. A useless endeavor, as more and more just piled in; providing a wonderful cover for the investigators to get inside with the suspicious bouncer lost in the crowd as he tried his hardest to regain control. The poor man didn't even get to hear the pretty-boys remark about the club. Though if he had, he may have agreed with him.

--

The ventilation shaft was sturdy enough to handle the minuscule weight of the investigator inside it, a few sounds from outside the vent coming through if a bit muted. The sound of cookware and frantic German seeped through; making it clear that Micha was above the kitchen. The vents were nearly pitch black except for the small bits of light that seeped through the covers from the other openings. Unseen spiderwebs and other animal refuse or dead bugs would line the poor girl's path. The vent would lightly rattle with every movement, every sound echoing slightly. It seemed the vent only went one way for a few meters before splitting off into other paths.

BANG BANG BANG BANG

Something was being jabbed against the vent, intensifying the rattling and shaking. It went on for a few moments before coming to an end, a few voices being audible as the vent was struck a few more times with lighter strikes. "Something in that damn vent again." One voice muttered, another one jumping in and suggesting it was rats. Again. A bit of idle chatter came and went, and the group went back to whatever was going on down below.

The closest end of the vent led to a bathroom, which looked to be about as disgusting as one would expect from a trashy club. Trash littered the floor, and graffiti marked the grimy tiled walls. It was clear that cleanliness was the last thing on the business' mind. Two more paths were available to Micha, one leading to what looked to be a storage closet, and the last one led to what looked to be an office; though it was empty for the moment.

-

The club was clearly busy, people sitting in the multitude of chairs of tables and chattering amongst themselves mixed with what had to be dozens just standing. The floor was littered with stains from dropped drinks and food though the patrons seemed to pay little mind to the filth below them. Bouncers stood at the side of a set of stairs, a sign marked 'VIPs Only' marking its destination. The music was ear-achingly loud, a few drinks near the many speakers inside the club vibrating intensely.

The crowded dance floor and bar completed the scene. The former was struggling to fit the horde of inebriated men and women inside as they all moved to the intense music. Some with more fluid and grace than others; it had been clear who had been drinking. A stage was nearby, containing a majority of the sound equipment as well as the bearded and heavily-tattooed man playing the music. The bar was struggling as well, with customer after customer ordering drinks as the three employees behind the counter moved frantically to get the orders given to them done.

A large office could be seen overlooking the main floor of the club from the second story with a large window replacing a wall; presumably for better viewing. It was clearly the owner's office, though the lack of lights seemed to imply he wasn't in at the moment. At least until the abruptly turned on, and the shadow of an overweight man was cast on the office wall. It seemed the VIP area and his office were connected.

Shota tugged at the collar of his coat as he watched the scene taking place right outside of Noyse. The attempts made by his fellow Quinx were disastrous, to put it mildly. Apparently, walking up to a bouncer and asking to be let it in wasn't the best way to gain entrance to a club, especially one that had such a long line of people. It also didn't seem like the best way to prove to their German coworkers that they weren't incompetent. Although, if the goal was to show that they were idiots, then this strategy was perfect.

While it may have been ineffective by itself, the attempted Japanese invasion worked wonders as a distraction. With the bouncer being overwhelmed by a group of foreigners, it would be pretty easy to just walk through the front door. Hua seemed to pick up on that, calling out to him as she started moving in by herself. Shota didn't need to be told twice. He wanted to get things started soon and get out of the cold, so he followed the older woman, walking into the club without a second thought.

Their sudden entrance seemed to be the last straw for the people waiting in line. Many of them decided to do the same as him and Hua, taking advantage of the chaos to get by the bouncer. They added to the wild crowd inside of the club, lining up at the bar and taking to the dance floor. There must've been few options for people that wanted to go clubbing in this area. He didn't think anyone would willingly pick this as the place to spend their free time if they had a choice.

The floors were messy and people were practically sticking together other as they rubbed their sweaty bodies against each other in the cramped space. Whoever was in charge of the music seemed to be more focused on making sure it was loud than anything else. He could definitely see why a Ghoul would be interested in a place like this. A bunch of drunk, meaty snacks gathered in an area where they couldn't be heard. The locals probably wouldn't kick up a fuss if a few people went missing every so often. It seemed like the perfect business. After seeing the fat shadow on the top floor, he could assume that things must've been going pretty well for the owner. He certainly wasn't going to starve anytime soon.

Scoping out the area, Shota picked out two main points of interest. First, there was the VIP room. It seemed to be connected to the room upstairs, but there were two more bouncers guarding the entrance. They probably wouldn't move unless there was trouble. Luckily, there was a perfect opportunity to stir up some trouble right now.

Looking at the bar, it was easy to see that the employees were overwhelmed by the number of impatient drunks trying to get their fix. The crowd hugging the edge of the counter wasn't too large when compared to the amount of people focused on dancing and chatting with their friends. Although, that was about to change.

Turning to Hua, the boy beckoned her to lower her head so he could be heard. "I'll be right back. Keep on eye on those bouncers, 'kay?" With that, he approached the bar, pushing passed the customers that couldn't see the short investigator trying to reach the front.

He may have been old enough to drink in this country, but he had a feeling that his appearance may create a few issues if he tried to buy alcohol. Thankfully, his plans didn't include actually ordering anything. Well, at least not for himself. Climbing on top of the counter, Shota took a deep breath and cupped his hands around his mouth. After everything that happened outside, he decided to follow the lead of his fellow investigators. Although, it was more appropriate for a situation like this. "My friends and I are here to experience this great country! To celebrate with all of you, all drinks bought in the next ten minutes will be on us!"

Hopping down, Shota blended into the crowd once again, moving back into position before the inevitable stampede began. The bartenders were already having trouble keeping up with the number of customers, but an even larger crowd would definitely make things spiral out of control. The bouncers would have to step in and get the frenzy under control. Of course, he had no intention of actually paying for anything. The owner was a Ghoul, after all. Even if he did somehow get charged for this, he'd just write it off as a business expense. This was for the good of the mission.

S n o w S n o w The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit simj26 simj26 Arne Arne QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse King Vioogra King Vioogra

HayashidaShota was a GENIUS! Their pincer movement was already causing chaos as it is, and by picking up the tab, the crowd bustling in the club were even more riled up. She could already feel the crowd surge towards the bar counter. There were always the kind of people who thought, hey, an extra scotch wouldn't hurt. Then there are those who had a completely different thought process- the same kind that would look through the menu, then order everything, starting from the most expensive one. For a country that she heard was just a bunch of sticks in the mud, Hayashida was plenty surprised to see, and hear, the same kind of people she knew back home. She could barely understand them, but she could see on their faces, hear on their voices, that they were one and the same. Ghouls, humans, it didn't matter- they followed one rule in life- and it was their own. One just had to know what kind of rules they followed, and no better way to do it than to take note of their choice of environs. This place was, obviously, no place for saints. The most noble of them here right now would still go for a free drink. How absolutely marvelous it was to see them scurry, to see them clamour and push. At this rate, she didn't even think their group would have to foot the bill. They could just sneak out.

Of course, unless someone was looking in on them. Looking in from the ground would prove completely useless. There were too many jostling bodies, too many flashing lights, too much movement. The only way to observe this chaos was from above, either through cameras, or a window. She ducked under the arms of a customer, and sidestepped another, making her way to a corner to take a better look. Her eyes scanned through the building, ignoring the masses, and found what she was looking for. The VIP rooms. Of course, what better place to feel superior to the peasants than from on high? And if they were VIPs, then they would logically have connection to the proprietor of this hodunk clubhouse. She followed the VIP room to the end, and locked in on the window next to it. Light streamed through it, just barely visible over the other lights, and there was a clear shadow of a large person plastered onto the window, gazing down upon the unwashed masses.

Was that the target? She couldn't tell. Still, those two big guys by the stairs weren't going to budge unless something else bigger than a stampede was going. She supposed she should be the one to get that something else going then. She pondered on just how to help Shota with his genius plan to bring those nasty bodyguards away from the door.

But of course. They wouldn't budge for a stampede like this. What they would budge for is if there were collateral damage to the furniture. Life wasn't important to club managers, much less ghoul club managers. Or was it club ghoul managers? Either way, it didn't matter to them. It was their property that mattered more. So, with her infinite wisdom, Hayashida moved into the crowd, one hand already picking up an ice bucket. Blending in with them, it was hard to see just who it was that suddenly raised the same ice bucket, and bring it down on one of the other customers. With a cry of pain, the customer, incensed by the fact that he wasn't getting his free drinks as soon as he could, and possibly from getting clocked on the head with a metal bucket, spun around, and without thinking, put his fist into the first face he could see, which was not Hayashida’s. The young woman had already ducked away and was now crawling through between the gaps of the forest of feet, as an all out free for all began to erupt behind her.

Last edited:
[import]9010974[/import] [class=values] --tabStyle: column nowrap; --contentStyle: row wrap; --tab-txt-align: left; --tab-txt-color: White; --bg-color: #990000; --fontFamily: 'Laila'; --fontSize: 20px; --tab-hover-color: White; --tab-hover-bg: #cc0000; --tab-select-color: White; --tab-select-bg: #b30000; [/class] [div class="tabContainer values"] [div class=tabHolder] [div class="tab selected"][div class=tabID]1Tab[/div]Sascha[/div] [div class=tab][div class=tabID]2Tab[/div]Micha[/div] [/div] [div class=tabContentHolder] [div class="tabContent 1"]
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀All he had to do was play the part of a pretty girl and tolerate the gazes and actions of other people, the option had originally appeared to him as a fairly good idea, but now he'd begun to rethink those decisions. Perhaps it had been the strangeness of being pulled in towards Dieter, or maybe it was just the chill that crawled up his spine. Taking a short breath he steadied himself as the crowd around him began to push through the rather weak defense that the bouncer had offered, then again he probably wasn't paid enough to risk his life over this trashy place. To some extent he felt bad for him and despite the crowds swarming could pick the frazzled man out from the crowd, a cord of sympathy struck in his heart, though it didn't last much longer than the striking itself had taken.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This was definitely the moment for the investigators to make an entrance, preferably one that didn't lead to all eyes on them. He knew turning his head now could put him a little too close to the rose investigators face for his liking, so maybe this was where they would go with the ancient art of divide et impera. A smile curved his reddened lips as he stepped out of the grasp Dieter had on him for the moment, granted it wasn't confrontational so that hadn't been hard to begin with. Turning he moved his arms behind his back, hand clasping the opposing arms wrist, he even went as far as to lean forward slightly as black strands of hair fell like a curtain to one side of his head. "Let's part ways for now. We have the same end goal so I'll see you shortly." His form stated this before turning and dissipating into the crowd of people, he blended in fairly well to the crowd who just wanted to work their way in.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀About two minutes later Sascha had managed to make his way to the furthest side of the club, it was still severely overcrowded, he stood parallel to the bar and watched as the conflict began to unfold. Fists began to fly and, was there already some bloodied faces in the crowd? Maybe that would draw out the boss, but he probably wasn't dumb enough to reveal himself from that alone. Had this been a B-tier ghoul then maybe desperation would prompt an attack, but at the moment that didn't seem to likely. Reaching a hand up he brushed his hair back behind his ear, revealing his neck quite a bit more than before along with allowing him to hear a little better despite the music dampening the most of that benefit.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Moving around the perimeter of the room Sascha began to approach the V.I.P. room, though he had to exercise caution when it came to the enraged customers. Stepping back he narrowly avoided an empty glass smashing into the wall next to him, what remained fell the floor as little more than glass shards and melting ice-cubes. "Lets see what we can get into" A small smirk humored the idea as he positioned himself accordingly, surprisingly no one was too keen on fighting the 'pretty girl' standing off the the side, most of the combatants appeared to be fighting the person closer to the bar than they had been. Everything was progressing quite swell.
Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Mentions: The Crowd?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Despite the vibration of her metal carrier Micha continued forward. The faint complaining of vermin had done little in the way of surprising her, the building's exterior established how poorly maintained it was but this clarified it even further. She slowed down a little further to reduce the sound she made, Keeping her head higher earned her a mask of white over the black strands. Still, this wasn't the worst scenario to be in, it likely led directly towards the target they were focusing down. "After this is over, this place should be torched" Her voice was almost inaudible and came across as little more than a slight wind in the vent. Upon approaching the split she carefully tried to decide which way to go. The nearest of which led to a place arguably more wretched than the conditions of the ventilation interior, whether that was a sickening achievement or a tragedy was unknown to her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The next option had been far more appealing to her, a storage space would be a good space to lie in wait and ambush. But then again it didn't seem that they had much in the way of an initiation yet, the sound of pissed off patrons changed that somewhat. What had at first sounded like cheers for something good twisted into cries of irritation and what could only be known as conflict. Continuing in the last direction Micha approached this office, her speed reduced even further to dampen her effects of moving forward. It seemed to already vibrate slightly without her movement, the music being the only reasonable culprit- that or the possible vermin in this place. The last option wasn't as likely though, and had they appeared she would simply smash them into their inevitable metal tomb.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Crawling at this pace had made such a short distance grow tremendously in the time it took, about ten minutes had passed and she managed to get to the vents exit. The light that came through the slats of the grate allowed for her to gaze down into the office and get a vantage point. Infiltration was the next step, if any communication came through then she would engage earlier or slightly later, for now she'd give it a few minutes before making any moves. Continuing to survey the scene beneath her extra light had accompanied the sounds of conflict, maybe they had turned on more lights... or maybe this was the tenant of this office. A blank expression came to her face, She was to be a weapon with which to subdue this target- Non-lethally. Either way she was now positioned to strike.
Interactions: N/A
Mentions: N/A
[/div]
[/div] [/div]

Dieter watched Sascha disappear into the crowd. “Even when she’s being coy, she’s cute. Don’t you think so, Greta?”

“Yes, Young Master Krause.” Though, the response seemed more habitual than anything else. Greta’s tone was as dry as stale bread, which didn’t really tell Dieter much, since his female butler didn’t tend to express much emotion while working. It was one of the reasons that any attempts to hit on the woman were like hitting a brick wall. Even Dieter, who was profoundly confident in his seduction skills, had given up. Not that Dieter would’ve gone through with it, even if he had succeeded in charming her. There was something downright dishonorable about dating someone you pay.

Besides, as dull as she was, Greta did her job well. It wouldn’t do to have her distracted.

Following Sascha's example, with only a brief glance of pity towards the bouncer that couldn't maintain the line, Dieter entered the club called Noyse with Greta. Waiting for the man/ghoul to regain order was a waste of his time. His butler still held onto his left arm as per the act. A good thing too, since Dieter doubted he’d be able to hear her with the loud music blaring about otherwise. Dieter escorted her to one of the tables that became empty when its previous occupants had rushed to the bar, courtesy of Quinx Investigator Shota who offered to buy everyone drinks. Could he even afford that?

Well, Dieter could, so it wasn’t entirely outside the realm of possibility. The drinks didn’t look very expensive anyhow. Even so, it took much longer than anticipated to get just two drinks. If Dieter weren’t as charming as he was (paying a huge-looking clubber to force their way through the crowd and get him the drinks), he’d still be waiting. Dieter gave Greta her alcoholic beverage. “I’m going to go gather information. Can you find where the electrical panel for this building is?”

“Of course, Young Master Krause.”

“Execellent~ Once you do, let me know and stand ready to cut off all the power on this floor at my signal.”

Setting the stage for a dramatic entrance was simply standard procedure for Rose Investigator, Dieter Krause. Nothing his butler should be unfamiliar with. Though, it should also slow the many ghouls in the building down a bit should the worst happen and Kagunes get pulled out. Make it easier to quietly capture the target as well. As much as Dieter would like to catch the ghouls, his first priority was to protect the civilians building; mainly all the innocent (at least in Dieter’s mind) girls that may get caught up in the mess if things got serious.

If the bouncer was a ghoul of at least half a decent rank, the humans attempting to push their way in shouldn’t be a problem. If ghouls didn’t value human life, then the ones that picked a fight with them could get seriously hurt. The only reason they wouldn’t is that, just like the investigators present, they too were in a disguise. All ghouls were. Masquerading as humans in order to live secretly among them. Hunt them. However, should the ghouls be pushed, Dieter didn’t doubt they would fight back either. Regular, untrained, humans wouldn’t stand a chance.

That in mind, Dieter began his investigation, which naturally meant chatting up all the pretty girls of his choosing. Natasha, Sophie, Hannah, Amelia, Marie, and so on. Names and numbers all memorized, some being the ones he’d sweet talked into letting him cut in line. Twice he’d been pulled on the dance floor, moving fluidly along with the giggling girls that dragged him. With feminine curves pressed so closely due to the cramped space, Dieter could almost forgive the dirty walls, floors, and drab music.

Almost.

“So that’s the owner’s office?”

“Mmm~Oh yeah, totally. I mean, I’ve seen him up there with the VIPs sometimes.”

Got to wonder what sort of people a ghoul’s VIPs were.

Dieter peeked briefly at a set of stairs being guarded by two bouncers. If it was guarded, chances are the ‘VIPs’ were up there with the owner. Sneaking was possible with skill and finesse. Of course, as a Krause, how could Dieter be not be considered a very important person? If anything, he was a very, very important person. Just as he thought this, a fight occurring near the bar was becoming more and more visible from the dance floor.

Loud music and all the bodies squished together made it hard to tell.

“What’s going on?”

“Nothing I cannot protect you from, Dearheart. Let’s get closer to the stage.”

From there he could see where the sound system was. The lighting system as well. Hijacking both would be entirely possible in the confusion that would arise from a temporary black out. The tattooed men on stage were likely ghouls. The bartenders as well. Dieter was trained to notice the signs of ghouls. Even then, nothing was certain. Working as an Investigator, one learned to develop a weariness when interacting with humans in general. Not even some like Dieter was entirely immune to this fact.

Dieter smiled warmly at the petite girl he danced with.

His phone vibrated. Greta had gotten into position.

Warning his fellow investigators when the lights would go out was probably proper protocol. That’s what the earpieces were for after all. But where was the fun in that?

Last edited:
Right right, in all her eagerness, Ikiru had almost forgotten that they had backup; Or maybe, given that they didn't hold seniority nor a home field advantage here, she and her fellow Quinx were the backup. Well, either way, due to both the German pretty boy and Hua's bold arrivals, it seemed that their passage forth had been quite violently secured, the bouncer failing to stem the tide of freshly aggravated patrons to even the slightest degree.

In spite of, or rather because of, her own involvement in the incident, a wave of sympathy immediately washed over the greenhorn Investigator. They might have been her to arrest the man's employer, but that didn't mean that they had to be this troublesome for him. So, amidst the newfound chaos of the crowd, Ikiru elected to slip away.

"Investigator Kuutake here. I'll stick outside and keep and eye on the entrance. Over." Receding away from the crowd, Ikiru gave her headset a tap and relayed a brief message to her squad mates. She didn't want them thinking that she'd gone and gotten herself kidnapped, after all. A few moments, and a few steps later, she'd found herself a nice enough stake out spot across the street. Sat atop an aging old bench, her eyes zeroed in on the still panicking bouncer, watching as he desperately tried to stem the tide of patrons, many of whom now seeming to think that the club was in the middle of some sort of open night. His lips moved, shouting out what she imagined was some string of warnings, but between the crowd and the muffled club music, his voice was swept away before it met her ears.

Now it was time to just watch, wait, and hope that everything went smoothly, she supposed.

As soon as the people behind him noticed the other investigator's brilliant plan of using them as a distraction to sneak in and started to similarly try to force their way into the establishment, Eiichi was absolutely sure that he didn't want to join them in the more-crowded-than-ever interior of the nightclub. It only took an extra glance to confirm both the presence of the German investigators, who seemingly saw no issue with directly entering with the crowd, and the absence of Ikiru and Hayashida for him to quickly decide that he was better off just letting them flood the main building by themselves while he waited outside for any runaway ghoul, as their lack of subtlety would quite certainly alarm at least one or two of the more clever members of the organization - or so he secretly hoped, for his achievements most certainly would depend on that.

On the opposite of his expectations, though, his earpiece rang with the somehow familiar voice of Ikiru before he could even manage to successfully manage slip away from the stampeding crowd, a task that took considerably more effort than he expected due to his somehow larger size, letting him know that at least one other investigator had the same idea as him and decided to cover the exits, eliciting a small frown from Eiichi, as he most certainly didn't expect to share his potential prey with someone else. Even then, it didn't take long for his professionalism to take over this temporary pettiness, motivating him into similarly taping his headset as soon as he managed to make his way through the crowd to a quieter spot.

"Roger that, Kuutake. I'll be out covering the emergency exits. Feel free to call if anything unexpected happens. Over." He said mostly to let Ikiru know he had the other side of the building covered, as he highly doubted the other Quinx would bother enough to pay any attention to their earpieces now that they were inside. On the opposite of his fellow investigator, though, he didn't quite follow the hiding in plain sight strategy and directly took the emergency stairs to the roof of a nearby building instead, positioning himself in a way that let him clearly watch the few emergency entrances the club had to at least fake being in compliance with safety regulations. Considering the usual attitude of ghouls it wouldn't be surprising if they took to the roofs while trying to escape since their abilities allowed them to maneuver through those with relative ease, so having someone stationed there to intercept any potential threat was probably a smart choice... Or so he told himself as he positioned himself in the place where he had the lesser chances of meeting some particularly obnoxious clubber.

Hua stood off to the side with Shota, watching the wave of Germans flow after them into the club. The stampede spilling onto the dance floor was an unintended side-effect, but what mattered now was that they were inside. If the bouncer decided to give up and come look for those responsible for him losing control, it would be easy to slip into the crowd of fresh-faces and disappear.

All that was left was to find the owner, attempt to subdue him quickly and quietly, and get out of the building before the staff noticed their boss was missing. She glanced at the two blocking off entrance to the 'VIP' area, then up at the large shadow looking down at them from the room itself. The target, if Hua had to guess. She certainly wouldn't think he would be down here, standing on a sticky floor and being pushed and shoved by impatient patrons. Even if that wasn't the target, someone considered to be a 'very important person' had a high chance of both knowing the target and being a ghoul themselves. Either way, the VIP up there would get them closer to completing their mission.

But first, the bouncers needed to move. Shota was already ahead of her on that front, because he told her to wait for him and to watch the bouncers. As he climbed onto a counter, she caught the first half of his sentence, and then the word "celebrate". As patrons rushed the counter and shouted orders at the frazzled staff, Hua could fill in the rest herself. That would keep the staff busy for quite a while, at least. There would be less eyes on the VIP area, less people watching for suspicious behavior.

And then, just as it seemed like Noyse reached its peak of unruly, rude customers, a fight broke out. A fight that, as more drunk patrons swung on the uninvolved, grew larger by the second. It didn't seem like a coincidence that it happened right after Shota encouraged them to drink more.

"Wéimiào yǐjīng sǐle," Hua said with a shake of her head. "Dàn tā quèshí yǒuxiào."

As the fight spilled closer to the VIP area, the bouncers would have little choice but to get involved. Or, Hua thought with a frown, one of them, upon seeing a large fight that wouldn't be easily contained, might go upstairs and prioritize the safety of the VIP's over the stairs. Nodding to Shota, Hua pressed forward. She ducked under a thrown chair, ignoring the shouting around her as she made her way closer to the stairs.
Lucem Lucem

HayashidaAt last, chaos. The true meaning of humanity. Their inhibitions let loose, their base nature at the forefront. Lust, greed, ambition, gluttony, ignorance. How she reveled at the sight. The violence, and the people who grinded away at the dance floor. The German Investigator himself was not exempt from such entrapments of men. A chuckle of mirth exited from her lips. How entertaining. How very, very entertaining and enlightening. Humans will always be humans. But who was she to stop them? This is their true nature. They should embrace it. They should go hog wild, indulge!

But the rest of them. The rest of the Quinx. Why? Why weren't they living it up? They should be more excited! They should go all at it! But they weren’t. They were sitting it out like good little kids sent to the naughty corner. How extremely bizarre. Even the Chinese, who was happy to corner the ghoul in his own office, did not seem to be feeling it. She clicked her tongue in annoyance. How annoying. Nothing but a little bit more of chaos could fix this. Desperation, confusion, delving into the unknown… she wanted to feel those emotions.

She touched her earpiece and said, in the most cheerful voice she could muster, “I’m going. Bye.”. Then she darted ahead, pushing past Hua, and sprinted up the stairs, coming to a door. Without ceremony, she leapt forwards, and busted through the door with a well-placed dropkick, kicking it off its hinges, and sending it flying forwards. She herself landed on the floor, but quickly recovered with a flip. “ALRRRRRRIGHT! SHOWTIME!

"My friends and I are here to experience this great country! To celebrate with all of you, all drinks bought in the next ten minutes will be on us!"

To say the crowd's excitement increased was an understatement. People who had been sitting at tables got up and rushed the bar, frantically pushing others so they could order drinks of their own. The bartenders were horrified, to say the least. The whole situation was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. Hayashida's plan had worked, the ice pouring over one particularly quick to anger man. Fists began to fly; sounds of joy soon replaced with sounds of violence and anger. Drinks were spilled, bottles were smashed against bodies, and heads were slammed against chairs or tables.

Everyone on the outside seemed rather peachy for the moment, none of the emergency exits opened and the outside world remained unaware of the violence inside. Eiichi would have been able to notice a pair of men coming closer as they walked down an alley on the side of the club. They seemed unaware of him at the moment, the way they walked implied they had a purpose as well. Unremarkable in appearance, they had no intention of drawing attention to themselves as they approached one of the emergency exits and merely opened it from the outside before heading in.

The fight was intensifying with each passing moment, the crowd unaware of the investigators moving about as they focused on pummeling the life out of each other. Sounds of violence echoing throughout the vents that Micha resided in. The rotund man in the office either hadn't noticed the violence or was confident his employees could handle it themselves as the sound of him struggling to fit in his chair soon followed.

Nothing seemed to happen for those next few moments, with the fat man seemingly focused on whatever he'd been doing out of sight of the investigator in the vents. Something out of view could be heard being moved. Those who had a view of the office from the dance floor or otherwise would see two men suddenly step into view, apparently having taken an entirely separate way into the owners' office. One that had yet to be seen. The bouncers at the stairway, however, seemed unaware of them as one of the two at the stairway had begun moving towards the violent group; leaving one to stand guard.

"Sorry miss, but you can't come through here-" The bouncer had held up his hand towards Hua, signaling the girl to stop however his focus was quick to shift towards Hayashida as she suddenly ran past him and up the stairs. "Hey! You!" He twisted around, starting to give the girl chase as she made her mad dash towards the owner's office, his left-hand moving towards his ear as he seemed to speak to no one around him. The bouncers that had been handling the busy crowd all turned towards the stairs. Their focus went from the crowd to solely on Hayashida.

As the chaos down below was occurring, the office became a bit of a mess in and of itself. The fat man letting out a startled squeal as the two men approached him. "You two! What do you want?! Can't you see I'm busy! You idiots took the secret door too!" His voice was a clear mix of anger and worry, his fat body wobbling in his chair. He was having trouble getting out of it by the sound of it. The men merely looked at one another, shaking their heads before they spoke.

"Whatever man look- we're just here to inform you that the investigators are lookin' at you! You've been way too obvious!"

"Yeah man, totally not a good look for the group you know?"

"We've uh- sorta been sent to get you outta here."

"Out of here?! This is my business! There's no way those stupid investigators are onto me! Even if they did they're lacking in manpower to do anything!"

No one was expecting the door to fly off its hinges. Fly so far it struck one of the men in the back of the head and cause him to collapse; out cold. In view could be a shifted bookcase, a small stairway leading down past it. The man turned towards the girl currently standing where the door used to be, a look of confusion on his face as he instinctively brought his kagune out; his shirt tearing along his right arm as the man's koukaku took form. It looked like a shield, one with many angular and pointy ends. The owner, however, was still struggling to free himself from his chair, shaking rapidly before the chair collapsed onto its side and taking its occupant with it.

The bouncers themselves had activated their own kagunes, surprisingly unseen as the fight downstairs kept any focus on the antics above. Technically the investigators hadn't blown their cover yet. A car could be seen pulling into view of the front entrance of the nightclub, a couple of men getting out of the car. Leather masks covering their face would be enough to make it clear to the investigator currently sitting outside they were ghouls.

"Remember you, idiots! No putting attention to yourselves! Make sure those two upstairs don't mess anything up!"

S n o w S n o w The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit simj26 simj26 Arne Arne QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse King Vioogra King Vioogra Lucem Lucem

One could make many assumptions about an investigator based on the way they chose to solve the case. Kuutake and Yuujima (he guessed from the tone of voice, since it sounded to masculine too be any of the other quinxes) were more cautious and team oriented. Shota seemed quite aware of his surroundings and knew how to make use of it to his advantage. As for Hitode, she appeared to be the impulsive, charge-forward type. Dieter hadn’t been lying when he said he wanted to see what the new quinx investigators could do. It was why he refrained from interacting with them.

Still, not even he expected her rush in without checking to see if all eyes were off her.

Was she so confident in her skills? Did she think the ghouls guarding the VIP room were stupid? Or…did she simply not care? Dieter’s eyes flickered up to the owner’s office, where he could see two others step into view.

Well, now.

Excusing himself from his partner with an offer to buy her a drink, Dieter brought his phone to his ear as he weaved his way through the crowd of confused dancers to an area of…rougher dancing. Smashing stuff. Breaking stuff. All without any regard to the less violent members of the fairer sex, Dieter noted with disdain. It became obvious that the fight had been started by the quinx squad when he saw that a couple of them had attempted to sneak their way up to the VIP room. However, most of his attention was on the bouncers that had pulled out their kagunes.

“Jetzt”

Without further ado, the room was engulfed in darkness. Not just the room, but the entire second floor—including the owner’s office—blinked out as the power shut down. Music stopped. Lights stopped. Fighting stopped. Even people seemed to stop as the sudden change brought about confusion. No one really noticed as a red whip lashed out, wrapped around the ankle of the bouncer that chased Hitode, pulled him back down the steps, and slammed him hard into another couple of bouncers near the crowd—knocking them both down like dominoes.

The clubbers certainly heard the crash though and a more panic-like confusion settled in as people tripped over themselves due to lack of vision.

Of course, with ghouls, this could only last so long. Their vision was fairly good after all.

Dieter sighed. He’d been hopping to enjoy the ghetto club called Noyse for a bit longer. There were still many numbers he had yet to acquire. Touching his earpiece, the Rose Investigator finally decided to introduce himself. “Investigator Dieter Krause here. The power will back on in 3 minutes. Try to make the best use of the darkness as you can.”

Or not. The Quinx squad seemed like a fairly rambunctious bunch.

Dieter made his way back to the stage where some unsuspecting tatooed men where still fiddling with their instruments.

S n o w S n o w , simj26 simj26 , The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit , Arne Arne , Lucem Lucem , Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse , King Vioogra King Vioogra

Last edited:
Hualing Fan

Being in the midst of the fighting, the music, and the property damage, Hua heard neither Investigator Yuujima or Hayashida through her earpiece. If she had heard Investigator Hayashida, she would have tried to stop her, or at least use the bouncer's momentary shock at Hayashida's bold move to her advantage. As it was, before Hua could think of how to respond to the bouncer who stopped her, she was shoved to the side. They were both in a state of shock as Hayashida darted past them. Hua took a small step back, watching her plan crumple as fast as the door Hayashida kicked in.

"Rèn wéi. Hǎo hǎo lì yòng tā," she said to herself.

Hua looked up at the VIP room. Two other people had joined the target. He was sitting, while the newcomers were standing. Standing over him? Was it a confrontation? Or a simple discussion? It wouldn't do if someone else got to the target before they did. She was forgotten about as the bouncers all went after Investigator Hayashida. Her fingers twitched toward her quinque, but she didn't immediately pull them out. The two in the VIP room had entered the room from a different way. The way they would use to get out.

Just as abruptly, the lights went out. The ensuing confusion was enough to quiet the rowdy club, and she heard Investigator Dieter through her earpiece. She only had three minutes. Hua couldn't see, but she darted up the stairs. She wouldn't reveal that she was a quinx quite yet, so she would have to do the rest by memory. She heard a shout, the sound of someone falling ahead of her, and she jumped instinctively, narrowly missing the bouncer toppling down to the bottom. She hoped Shota decided to follow her.

Her quinque were in hand as she entered the room. Hua remembered the positions of the two VIPs, Investigator Hayashida and the man in the chair. Hua launched herself forward, hoping to keep the element of surprise as she tackled the man in the chair. Or tried to. She landed awkwardly on his overturned seat, but didn't waste any time, sure that either the occupants of the room or the target himself would have noticed her presence by now.

The quinque in her right hand crystalized into fan-form, and in one quick motion, she slashed it across the throat of the target. Not with enough power to kill him, but she doubted he would be able to call out for help or give away his position with a wound like that. If she was lucky, he would faint from the shock of it. Now, came the hard part. The target was a big guy, too big for her to remove from the room on her own. A fight was bound to break out in an instant.

"Fight, and you die," Hua said slowly, in German. She held the blade in her left hand over his heart. She expected a fight anyway, life-threatened or not, so she listened. She listened for the sound of a kagune cutting through the air, footsteps, grunts, anything that would indicate she was being directly attacked. Investigator Yuujima would be extremely helpful right then.

"How strong are you, Hayashida?" Hua asked in Japanese.

Last edited:
Shota let out a sigh as a bar stool zoomed by, smashing into pieces as it hit the wall behind him. Somehow, things had gotten out of hand. All he did was start a little stampede at the bar, but everyone else seemed to be in a competition to one-up each other by showing how much chaos they could cause. None of the little diversions really mattered anymore, since Hayashida went a bit off the rails. Of course, right as he thought that, the lights went out.

As the crowd slowly stopped their fighting, Shota took the opportunity to peek out the front door and see what things were like outside. Soon after, he could tell that it wasn't any better than inside. The cops were still on standby, but they most likely wouldn't be able to stop a group of Ghouls from getting inside the club. Heading out the front wasn't an option anymore, but they had to focus on how to get the target before worrying about how to get out.

The other investigators were getting to work as the civilians remained confused. Hua charged after their little troublemaker, and one of the Germans took down the pursuing bouncers. As he stood in the darkness, Shota reviewed the situation. Right now, it was proving to be more troublesome than entertaining. There was only so much they could do to salvage the utter disaster that was this mission.

Shrugging it off, Shota took advantage of Dieter's work by picking a few pockets, eventually finding what he needed. After acquiring that piece and a little something from behind the bar, the young Dove did a bit of searching before locating the fire alarm. While the two new items in his coat pockets were just in case something went wrong, this next part was pretty much necessary.

Clearing his throat, Shota tapped on his earpiece a few times before addressing the team members that were covering the exits. "Some Ghoul reinforcements decided to show up at the front, so I'm gonna send out the crowd. Should buy us a little time. We'll have the target soon." As soon as the message was delivered, he pulled the alarm, letting the annoying noise ring out through the previously silent club. After everything that happened so far, this would probably be the last straw for many patrons, finally deciding to leave. They'd be useful as a human wall that'd keep the Ghouls out, and the empty space would give him a bit more freedom. The higher ups would also chew them out if anyone got themselves killed by standing around a combat zone for too long.

As more people began to rush out the doors, Shota ran in the opposite direction, trying to catch up to the two female investigators. As he moved toward the VIP room, he reached underneath his coat and adjusted the two straps on his back, freeing his briefcase from its holding place. Dieter knocked down the Ghouls heading upstairs, but he didn't want to take the chance of them getting up and making things difficult. So, without hesitation, he took out his Quinque and stabbed at the incapacitated bouncers, swiftly killing them. They only had to capture the boss, so there was no point in letting the rest live.

By time he reached his destination, Hua had already made some preparations to move the tub of lard that was in an overturned chair. Hayashida was close by and there was one more Ghoul for them to deal with. From what he could see, there was also a hidden entrance that resembled the ones found in cartoons. With another group of reinforcements slowly making their way inside, going the way they came wasn't a great idea, so this was the best option they had at the moment.

"Strong enough to handle this one by herself. Right, Hayashida?" Shota answered Hua's question himself, but didn't wait for comment. Moving quickly, he got close to the bleeding ball of grease and reached into his coat once more. Even if all the other signs didn't suffice as proper evidence, his putrid stench was enough to tell that he was a Ghoul, so there was no need to hesitate right now. Retrieving the RC suppressant, Shota jabbed the syringe into his eye, making sure that he wouldn't be any trouble during extraction.

While his earlier statement may have seemed like praise and encouragement, Shota was really just trying to stick Hayashida with the Ghoul so it would be easier to transport the fatty. After what he'd seen so far, he didn't really trust her with a more sensitive task like this. "We can move this guy outta here. Why don't you show that Ghoul a fun time?"

Looking to Hua, Shota began picking up the rotund, pig-like Ghoul from one side. "What do you think? We could make a run for that secret path. Or we could just toss him out a window and hope he doesn't go splat."

S n o w S n o w simj26 simj26 QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Arne Arne Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse King Vioogra King Vioogra

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Now that all the pieces were in place this operation had a much better chance of success, the confirmation of Kuutake and who he assumed to be Yuujima guarding the entrance would make the whole situation progress smoother. The remaining three quinx would probably be awaiting the signal to attack as well, at least that's what he wanted to believe. The expected outcome and the one which was actually playing out before him were vastly different from one another, what he expected was for the group to wait until the security apprehended the war going on below them and then for the group to push in as a unit. Instead it appeared that one of the quinx had been anxious to make their entry, maybe looking to debut as more than 'one of the quinx' or something? Regardless they had decided something so quickly that it wasn't the easiest of things to react to.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Another one of the quinx had been nearby as the bouncers tried to assess both of them, then darkness fell over the club. The sounds of confusion accompanied by the tumbling of bodies allowed for Sascha to key in on what had occurred, the operation was underway now. His eyes had yet to adjust to the darkness but even at this point he had been capable of seeing the figured moving in the dark, most of them seemed to be reeling back from whatever had fallen to the ground and the patrons conflict had died down all the same. Stepping away from the wall he began towards the stairwell that the bouncers had come from, the crowd around him had been kind enough to back away in attempts to get to the other walls. He stopped on a dime as another one of the investigators had spoke of new ghouls coming in, reinforcements had arrived quick enough but given how quickly the pace of the investigators had moved he doubted they'd have much time to combat them. Reaching a hand up he began to speak "Investigator Ebner reporting in, I'll combat our new assailants. I'm sure that will give you guys ample time. Be careful up there." He said before tapping the earpiece again.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The familiar sound of a fire-alarm tore through the murmurs of the crowd, the appearance of startled deer ran through his mind as he noticed them pull into one another. The group seemed to meld as the wall they formed pushed towards the door. Had this not been an operation dictated by federal authority they could easily pass for some form of terrorist group, a shiver ran up his spine at the mere thought of such. He hadn't trained to be in this position to be considered some sort of national enemy, that was best left to the ghouls, all he needed to ensure was that no one died on this operation and that would be satisfactory.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As the crowd continued to push forward they seemed to get more frantic, there wasn't even a faint hint of smoke but with all the events that had transpired it was expected for them to be this rowdy. The doors were of course packed with the flood of people nudging the other forward, if they wanted to stall the newcomers then blocking one entryway would be the way to go. In the darkness Sascha pulled out his briefcase, whatever place it had been contained didn't matter now, and with a slight click the weapon had formed. A streak of red electricity pulsed down the side of the Quinque as it finished it's transformation.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀A few members of the crowd had turned around to try and find a different route, this was when they found themselves eyeing up a black-haired woman in a dress that just barely made it to her knees. In her hands was a giant sword that looked like something from a slasher film, so they promptly turned the other way and began to push the people in front of them. Anxiety increased among the crowd and the warm bodies would begin to press themselves together to try and get out of the establishment. "Maybe that will give them a little more time to think" He murmured before readying himself for the ghouls he'd been warned about. If they wished to bring harm to his fellow investigators then he'd at least injure them before they could make it up to them.
Interactions/Mentions: CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel S n o w S n o w Lucem Lucem The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Arne Arne simj26 simj26 King Vioogra King Vioogra and of course the wonderful patrons of Noyse
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The vents had proved to be quite a beneficial location for Micha to set post once more, the fact that the sleeves of her suit jacket had been littered in dust and whatever else was contained up here had been the least of her worries. The sounds of something creaking and shifting below her was enough to draw her attention, it wasn't in view but she had to assume that was the presence of the owner- the target. The entry of a few new voices fed more information to the investigator, a secret door of some form- that and the knowledge that the ghoul's were on to the operation had served her quite well. The information she gained hadn't developed any further when a voice rang through her earpiece and swiftly it was accompanied by the sound of a door being defeated and collapsing into the floor.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀When the voice of the quinx who had likely caused such an event rang out in the room her suspicions were confirmed. This was the time for their siege on the leader. The earlier confirmation of two of the other quinx guarding the outside ensured that they wouldn't give him the chance to escape, and in the case of an ambush it would at least serve of an early warning. Closing her eyes for a moment and keying in on the situation she could hear the sounds of something hitting the floor and another form entering the room rather abruptly, and when her eyes opened again the darkness of the vents matched the darkness of the room. If anything the vent just became even darker. The additional voice that served as a warning of the additional ghouls came through the channel a moment after, the same voice had entered the room below her. If she remembered correctly then this individuals name was 'Shota' and judging the words he said upon entering queued her in on something else.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Given the assessment of 'to handle this one' she could assume that either the two ghouls who had entered were being split up among the other two investigators or they had managed to incapacitate one of them. Regardless of that she was sent here to work with the other investigators in capturing the 'kingpin' of this place and they hadn't quite completed that goal yet. She had faith that they would be more than capable of taking on the two ghouls that she remembered hearing enter, it was three against two in that mindset. The fact they were already speaking about how to lug the 'fat man' out of the building just went to prove that they'd already taken one out without much of an issue. She should at least make sure than any injury taken by her side was reduced to the minimal amount possible, they were already down too many investigators to risk another.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀A moment later a loud bang would come from the ventilation cover, the sound reverberating down the ventilation shaft as the cover shot towards the ground. The center of the grate seemed to have been bent inward, with the edges moving back in attempts to fold. In any normal situation this wouldn't have happened, but given the poor upkeep of the establishment Micha hadn't just knocked it free of the bolts she'd managed to tear it from it's surroundings and damage it's structure. The accompanying dust and insect carcasses scattered to the ground in a similar manner. From the vent investigator Fenstermacher had finally made her appearance, as her form fell from the ceiling she removed the suit jacket and tossed it to the side before landing rather elegantly. The jacket had landed a little ways from her, the arms had been caked in whatever she'd just crawled through, serving as her method to shovel it away from the looks of it.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The jacket seemed to get the worst of the ventilation, sure her hair was caked with dust and cobwebs but it wasn't the worst of things. Her pants had a few crushed insect bits dusting it, matching her hair with the spiderwebs and dust all the same. Reaching a hand up to her ear she tapped the earpiece twice, already managing to get a loose understanding on the scene before her. "Target acquired, Extraction in process. How long until enemies breach?" she asked and tapped the earpiece once more and her voice left the channel once more. The fat man was being controlled by two of the quinx, that and the smell of blood told her that he wouldn't be too much of an issue for them. The third of the quinx in the room must have been the one who burst in here, Hayashida if she had heard correctly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She nodded to the three allies before turning her attention back towards the ghoul she'd heard speaking earlier, "Guten Tag." She spoke quietly before being drowned out by the fire alarm once more. In her right hand the form of her fan-like quinque had appeared, the minor shock of red coloration from the spark had now fallen silent and returned the area around it to darkness. The fan was closed quickly, the faint sound of it folding in on itself present for a short time. "If you wish to fight this ghoul I won't get in the way, i'm rather curious as to what the 'new generation' of investigator can do" She glanced over towards Hayashida and the other two quinx. The gaze held no malice for them, maybe a spark of interest resided somewhere within the unreadable view. With that her eyes returned to the ghoul, the other three kept in her peripheral view- maybe they'd do something interesting, how humorous an idea that was.
Interactions/Mentions: CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel S n o w S n o w Lucem Lucem The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Arne Arne simj26 simj26 King Vioogra King Vioogra and a very sad-looking ventilation cover.
[/div]
[/div] [/div]

Not too long after she'd gotten comfortable, things had already begun to pop off both inside and outside of the club. Even from the other side of the street, Ikiru could hear the muffled shouts that arose from Shota's little diversion, and even if she couldn't, the screaming of the fire alarm that soon followed was definitely something that she couldn't miss.

For a moment, she considered hurrying herself inside to provide backup, her protective instincts kicking in as if on cue, but it seemed she had her own issues to worry about. It seemed that even in a land as distant as foreign as this one, some things were as unchanging as the night sky. The sun still rose, birds still flew, and you could still spot a Ghoul looking for trouble from a mile away. Garish masks, voices too loud for their good, and a total disregard for anything around them. It was just like home.

Though, she couldn't exactly say it was a sight that made her nostalgic.

In contrast to her mess of an infiltration attempt, the blue-haired Investigator's movements were smooth and subtle as she begun to move towards her hell-raising prey. To the hurried or unobservant, she'd have appeared to be little more than a curious bystander, wandering over to huddle around the commotion and make it into her entertainment for the night. Beneath her coat however, her Kagune had already begun to bubble away, and with a hushed whisper into her microphone, she engaged.

"Officer Kuutake, engaging two Ghouls outside the entrance. Requesting backup as soon as possible. Over." In tandem with the end of her transmission, she flicked her suitcase open with a distinctive 'click', a heavy, black Qinque tumbling from within. The pair of Ghouls had still failed to notice her approach as she stalked them from behind, and so the element of surprise was with her as she turned her slow meander into a single-minded rush; a blur of grey and black launched up and over the car, hefting its weapon over its head as it went, before bringing it down upon its prey like a great, blunt guillotine.

From beneath Ikiru, a sickening crunch of bone echoed out into the night, which was quickly followed up by the shattering of glass and tearing of metal as she smashed one of the Ghouls into his own vehicle. With the very same strike, she'd then lever herself up and over his companion, soaring through the air for the briefest of moments before dropping in in between the Ghouls and the club, cutting off their approach to the chaos within.

"I don't suppose you two would be interested in surrendering, would you?"

CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt

Hayashida
Hayashida did not reply to her comrades. She didn't have the moxie to offer one liners and make for casual conversation. Why communicate? Why talk? Just tell her what to do, and she’ll do it. It didn't matter to her what she was told to do. Throw the fat man out the window? Throw him down the stairs? Throwdown with the Ghoul opponent she now faced? Nothing mattered! Just go with the flow! That was how it was supposed to be. In the darkness, there was no flash of steel to be seen as she extricated her own quinque from its container. She didn't care for what the childlike Investigator was trying to do. Any dumbass could have seen through his worthless attempt at trying to butter her up. A natural at flattery, he was not. Neither was he a decisive decision maker. There was no time to just ask for opinions. Just go! What was his deal? First he has the guts to leave some Ghoul to what amounted to an intern without blinking an eye, though whether he did blink an eye was a fact she did not know due to the whole thing with the lights being off and all, and then didn't have the guts to make up his mind.

She’d expedite this.

Her kagune emerged from under her skirt, and shot out, picking up the fat man, and flung him down the secret passageway. A loud, soft thump could be heard as he made contact with the ground several meters away. “I made up your minds for you,” was all the excuse she had for her actions as she turned her attention back to where the other Ghoul could be. Her tail scraped across the ground, ready to act at a moment’s notice, as she backed towards her comrades, as if ushering them to just go already. They’d only just be collateral if the lights came back on and the Ghoul engaged them. The room wasn’t small, but it wasn't big enough for her to maneuver with four people inside. Not without breaking something. Or someone, more importantly. “Well? What are you chumps waiting for? Go!

“Now!” She turned her attention back to the room, where the enemy was, who would have probably already heard her loud exclamation. She didn't know if he spoke Japanese or not, but she’d bet he didn't understand what she just said. He’d probably understand what came next though. “Klappe zu, Affe tot.” She took one down by sheer luck. She’d have to take this one down by force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back