[Tokyo Ghoul: Devour or Perish]Question & Answers Thread

Sunbather

Le photographe est mort
Hello you! Yes, you right there. Have a question regarding Tokyo Ghoul or how this roleplay works? Feel free to ask below. Questions will be collected in this post, for easy access.

Ask away!

Some broader questions that have been asked and answere are listed below:

Can Quinques be anything?

Quinques can be anything that resembles weapons in some shape or form. They can be swords, knifes, guns (be reasonable), hammers, spears, whips and so on.

How is the time / date handled?

Time is vague in Tokyo Ghoul. If you need an exact daytime or date, use whatever time works for you and the current date. Still, you're never restricted too harshly. Just know, the date is losely what our current one is, everything else is up to you and what suits your needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sup! Figured I'd ask my questions here seeing as this is a thread built for questioning! What kind of 'terrorist' stuff does Lyon 58 do? Is it like mass murdering of humans, ghouls, or what?

SkyGinge said:
Sup! Figured I'd ask my questions here seeing as this is a thread built for questioning! What kind of 'terrorist' stuff does Lyon 58 do? Is it like mass murdering of humans, ghouls, or what?
Exactly right. Essentially, just murder.

Hi. Do twins count as one character? I'm curious about 3 different types.

1. Twins that are always togeather.

2. Twins that are close but are not around each other 24/7

3. Twins that are enemies and never around each other.

Thanks in advance!

This isn't my final say, but just my opinion on it until all GMs have discussed this. However, my opinion on it is as following:

1. Twins that are always togeather.

One sheet, allowed.

2. Twins that are close but are not around each other 24/7

One sheet if allowed, though I'm leaning towards not allowing twins/siblings that aren't a bundle, so to speak.

3. Twins that are enemies and never around each other.

They'd have to be seperated, which, given this RPs nature, means they'd have to be human normal and human CCG. Otherwise not allowed.

Are there any limits to what a quinque could actually be depending on the kakugane its made of?

You mean, as in its physical shape? I think every imaginable weapon-ish shape is possible.

Sunbather said:
You mean, as in its physical shape? I think every imaginable weapon-ish shape is possible.
Thank you ^_^ Glad I was awake to see this, though I admit I wish it'd come sooner ^_^ "

@Sunbather

I'm curious on how time and date is handled in the actual RPing?

I'm trying to plan out an event while I'm waiting and I've ran into being uncertain about when I could do it as well as the specific date in the RP.

I also ran into trouble with wards and knowing where they are and stuff but I had assistance from a friend on Skype that gave me this.

I've noticed you have some digital art skills so I had a suggestion as well.

Perhaps a thread with this (http://40.media.tumblr.com/c7d05c54a00fda1adabcaba944966c1e/tumblr_neewxqfkY21sqjifso1_1280.png) at the top except blank on its locations? You could edit in locations and list them under the picture, kinda add some organization perhaps? Just a thought I felt I should share.

Atom said:
@Sunbather
I'm curious on how time and date is handled in the actual RPing?

I'm trying to plan out an event while I'm waiting and I've ran into being uncertain about when I could do it as well as the specific date in the RP.

I also ran into trouble with wards and knowing where they are and stuff but I had assistance from a friend on Skype that gave me this.

I've noticed you have some digital art skills so I had a suggestion as well.

Perhaps a thread with this (http://40.media.tumblr.com/c7d05c54a00fda1adabcaba944966c1e/tumblr_neewxqfkY21sqjifso1_1280.png) at the top except blank on its locations? You could edit in locations and list them under the picture, kinda add some organization perhaps? Just a thought I felt I should share.
Time will be handled "normally", for the most part. A day passes, when a day passes for real. But we most likely will utilize time jumps here and there. That will aid in character development, it will help to kind of scramble established settings and it will keep the RP fresh.

The map is a pretty good idea! I might utilize that once we have a few locations set up!

Sooooooo what's the current date and would an event placed at 9 PM on that day be okay? Like starting then?

The current date is just the current date. So, today would be the 18th of September 2015. As for daytime, don't stress that. Events can be at whatever daytime you want. It's not THAT strict. Exact dates would only ever be relevant for investigations or minor scenes, but you'll never have to be like "Oh, shit, it's past midnight, guess this roleplay is over 'cause I started it on monday, not tuesday." You know what I mean?

I'm going to have Suzaku earn a kakuja throughout roleplay.After killing a certain amount of ghouls in fact I'll do a point system to determine in my own eyes when he should be capable of getting one.Even if the GMs say he can have one before he reaches the required points he won't get one.Same if the GMs say no to him getting a kakuja .My personal rule is that each kill and devouring has to be done in roleplay and take up a post or so.Only ghouls generated by other players in he roleplay will count.I won't let myself create my own points that'd just be cheating the system.I'm asking to make sure it's alright.

"If you want anything in life.You have to earn it."

Point Scaling and the Point Requirements

• C-B-A=5 points
  • S=10 points
  • SS=20
  • Incomplete Kakuja=50 points
  • Complete Kakuja=100 points

(There's no SSS value for obvious reasons.)

Prizzy Kriyze] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/18042-birdfeathers/ said:
@BirdFeathers[/URL]
It is not, this is through all of Tokyo :)

(plzjoinplzwecanfindanotherwaytoshipIsseiwithurcharacter)
HELLO MY SWEET SHIPMATE THANK YOU FOR THE ANSWER AND I SWEAR TO GOD WE ARE GUNNA SHIP THIS INTO THE SUNSET

so, just making sure, dates in the rp correlates to in-real-life dates? are we going to use any sort of liquid time?

Ghost said:
so, just making sure, dates in the rp correlates to in-real-life dates? are we going to use any sort of liquid time?
Yeah. We're not gonna catalogue it day by day, just for it being easy to keep track off, it's our time, yup. As for liquid time, not per se... but kinda. xD We're just gonna make it so it's handy. Of course there will be a sense of continuity, right, but you don't have to be completely 100% chronological all the time.

Alrighty! I've seen some rps that were like, real-time, and like by the time 24 hours passed the GM was like "alright new day in the rp!" and it made it a bit difficult to rp :D

Well, no, not ignore. But a SS ghoul would, for example, have considerably less problems with defending against a B or C ghoul than, say, an A ghoul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back