[Tokyo Ghoul: Devour or Perish]Katoro Kawashima

So umm...What do you think?

• Awesome!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty Good

• Meh...

• OH GAAWD WHAT AM I LOOKING AT WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOONE!?

• Total voters

killerlung

Cosmic Mailman
Artificial One Eyed Ghoul Attempt #001

manga-gore-blood-horror-Favim.com-1958894.jpg

● ● ●

Katoro Kawashima

axi778Z.png

• T H E B A S I C S

Name: Katoro Kawashima

Nicknames: “K”, Dog, Crazy Kid, Berserker, Kats, Yukata (when brother’s present), Three Tails, Formerly the Eyepatch Brothers.

Height: 5’9”

Weight: 160

Date of Birth: ???

Place of Birth: Tokyo

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance:

Katoro seems built pretty well, though he's not the largest or most muscular there is a bit of meat on his bones, though to say he wasn't built strangely would be a lie. For instance though his arms are toned, they are skinny, and though his body should be rife with muscles given his strength, it is rather more on the lanky side of things. He's not exactly the tallest, though he's taller than quite a few . In his days working for the CCG he could be seen occasionally wearing a muzzle in addition to his bandaged eyepatch. Though the muzzle was an occasional oddity to be sure, in practice it was an actual safety precaution when he was partnered up with anyone but his older brother. He has semi-long white hair that seems to be perpetually a mess, and though it was brown at a time it has long since changed, though whether by dyeing it or some other means is currently unknown.

He has no tattoos nor piercings, having no interest in things really in his mostly dazed state at the CCG and having not been in his fully awake state much outside of fieldwork. Formerly he

He wears a plain pair of jeans, with a simple enough shirt most days. Though when he was with the CCG he wore a nice suit jacket over that very same plain white shirt, now given his circumstances his clothes have taken a more tattered appearance, and the jacket is lost.

No now, Katoro wears a simple black zippered hoodie he scavenged, with holes in the hood that let his now fully white hair flow through it ever so. If he had one quirk it would have to be that he often wears shirts that are inappropriate with no idea what they're referencing or saying and he has a thing with mismatching his socks.

On top of that, while Katoro used to wear an eyepatch with the CCG, his eye has healed since becoming a ghoul, all the same he can still be caught with his bad eye closed or squinting more often than open. He collects keychains and has a number dangling from his jean belt loops.

Though Katoro isn't homeless anymore, now living under the roof of Rin Satsumura, (a human girl) he's still without a wardrobe and as such is more often seen wearing clothes repeatedly, not changing from day to day, only doing so as Rin advises or as the opportunity presents itself.

If Kat sees a shirt in his size on a victim, chances are it's now his shirt, y'know if its not soaked in blood, after all that stuff never washes out...

"I may not remember a lot, but I know, people shouldn’t act this way, no matter what."

● ● ●

I will be posting big bro Kawashima shortly so stay tuned!

Oh and do feel free to pm me any questions

-KL

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sunbather

Yeah sorry if I gave off an OP-ey vibe, wasn't my intention. The character's actually pretty flawed and vulnerable, but I wanted to give him an extra dimension as a former Inspector turned Ghoul. A Sadistic former investigator at that y'know? I mean does memory loss absolve you of your sins? Are you a new person? And what happens to that person when the memories of the old one are (if ever) reintroduced?

That's kind of what I was hoping to explore here, the Quinque just further sets Katoro into an odd position with ghouls, kind of starting out chastised by both ghouls and humans will either make him abandon his childish "hero" mentality, or pursue it in spite of the adversity. Y'know?

I don't mind the quinque, but I definitely mind two other things. First, you don't graduate from the CCG academy very early. Arima graduated at 14, and the closest comparison I found to your character would be Suzuya, who I think joined when he was 18. On top of that, apparently a lot of things happened in his past during this short time. I say nay to the age. 20 years, minimum.

Then we've got the "stronger when starved" thing. No, no, no-no, no. Ghouls are weaker when starved. It doesn't work that way. Feel free to be rank B~ or so, but no being stronger when starved.

Otherwise it's fine to me.

@Prizzy Kriyze @Sunbather

Whoops, yeah the age thing I based off Suzuya's age, trying to have a younger aged Katoro to make his memory loss and childhood regression a little less...erm creepy? A little less Flowers for Algernon and a little more adorable I guess? Not to infer he was a genius or anything prior to his regression but y'know all the same, make the gap a little less in the perceived/mental age VS actual age.

Forgive me if I went a little overboard I've just recently gotten into Tokyo Ghoul after binge-ing both seasons of the anime and reading up on the manga, so there's still some things I'm not privy to. I'll change the age though, 20 should be fine.

As for the stronger when starved bit, WHOOPS my bad I totally meant to scrap that idea at the drawing board stage. Originally I conceived that as his mental strength not his physical one, hunger pains would kinda focus someone, especially if they're mentally regressed or holding themselves back due to moral or ethical obligation. His physical strength would all be nill, but seeing as he's fought on instinct and reflex for so long, his mentality and fighting style would be honed in the pursuit of food. It's kind of that old debate as to who wins the fight, The seasoned pro who's mind has been placed into the amateur/untrained, or the amateur/untrained that has his mind placed into the seasoned pro's? To be fair it shouldn't have boosted him at all, and as I said before I did decide on scrapping the idea (kinda embarrassed I still had it in there) so I'll go ahead and throw it out.

All and all thanks for giving it a look! The suspense was killing me. (^U^)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fine with the character and the quinque too, as long as Prizzy's proposed changes are made. :) Otherwise I quite like him. Creepy, creepy backstory.

@Sunbather

Hahaha yeah it is a bit creepy isn't it? Alright so I think I made all the appropriate changes, just let me know if something seems out of order. Am I good to go?

Good news! Since you've been so wonderfully fast and present in the announcement topic and have liked the rules, your character is again - or rather still - accepted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back