• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Together on Rainy Days and Cold Nights: Yasugan High's Dormitory 0

Sango nodded in agreement.

"A bed's a bed, right? Anyway, the listless looking kid is Hanami. He's chill. Really chill. The pretty chick is Haru. And I'm Sango, aka your new best friend. And about the mold? You'll know when you see it." She tapped her foot, thinking of where he could stay.

"Okay, I guess you can have the room next to mine. So who're you, Goatee?"

@BeardedDandere

Daiki nodded, and looked back over at Sango and thought for a second. "I'm Daiki and my new best friend hmm? So since we're best friends we can talk about anything under the sun huh? Even weird stuff?" He nudged her with his elbow. "You know what I mean." He started laughing but coughed shortly after. "These cigarettes are going to kill me one day" he said under his breath.

@barry the bee

Hanami's lazy eyes widened as the girl grabbed him. Things were getting really weird around here. Last time he checked he was just helping someone cook something up. Is that how.. unusual his presence is? "No. I mean.. What?" He just looked away and tried to come up of something to cook. What a bizarre event. But there's that feeling. The girl just gave it off. The ominous aura he sensed was right. He whispered, hoping no one would hear him "Creepy..".

Although.. There was another feeling. Ah, that one he never wanted anyone to know.

Hanami's afraid of supernatural beings..

Sango furrowed her brow at the grisly cough. She took her pouch and dug for a minute, finally pulling out a small water bottle. "Here," she handed it to him, "Drink it, it should help." She stared at her feet for awhile, suddenly feeling awkward.

"Wait, what weird stuff?" She cocked her head, attempting to save the conversation before she screwed something else up.

@BeardedDandere

Last edited by a moderator:

HARU AGANO

DORM 0

183067.jpg

Haru looked back up at him, her expression now back to normal. "Won't you come later? The rituals won't hurt...at least, that's what I heard." Her tone was back to her regular, sweet voice. "I won't force you if you say no, of course, but it would really help out with my supernatural investigations."

@Seikaze

Daiki grabbed the water and got a mouthful, "Thank you" He looked at her and gave her a smirk, "You know, weird stuff. We're all mostly grown here we can talk about that kind of stuff right?" He wanted to see if he could embarrass her. He took another sip of the bottle before putting the cap back on.

@barry the bee

That was it. Hanami did not respond anymore. He just wanted to get this day over. OR this year over. He smiled weirdly at Haru and gestured at the prepared ingredients so they could continue cooking. Wait.. But what if she took that smile as a yes.. Oh no. He was just too tired to bother. The atmosphere was getting too dark. Creepy and dark. Hanami just raised the seemingly undusted knife like he was going to kill someone, because that was how he always held knives, and hurriedly chopped the tomatoes and lettuce.

@Vague

"Weird stuff...? Grown...?" Sango stood, dumfounded, before her eyes widened in realization, and her face flushed red. "UWA! Y-You mean?! Uh- I-I..." her speech turned into intelligible noises as she buried her face in her hands, unsuccessfully hiding her embarrassment. "L -Let's just get you settled in..."

,@BeardedDandere

HARU AGANO

DORM 0

183067.jpg

Haru raised an eyebrow, but decided to take it a yes. After all, he did smile AND he didn't say no. She continued on stirring the already cut ingredients as Hanami cut up the rest. "I can't wait for later..." she thought to herself.

@Seikaze

Daiki laughed, "Hey don't worry about it I'm just joking. I mean unless you want to, though I highly doubt you will seeing your reaction just now." He adjusted his bag and nodded, "Now about getting settled in."

@barry the bee

Sango huffed angrily. She punched Daiki square on shoulder with all her might, which is not saying much, since her punches have about as much force as butterfly kisses. "There. Now we're even, Goatee. Ok, follow me." She walked up the stairs, gesturing for him to follow. "Watch your step. I wouldn't trust these stairs." She walked down the hallway and stopped in front the nearest room on the left. "Welp, here it is! Be careful the door doesn't collapse in your hands," she smirked.

@BeardedDandere

Daiki nodded and followed Sango up the stairs. "You know what, you really are comforting talking about this place." He opened the door and looked at the room, it wasn't the worst place he's slept before. He dropped his stuff down beside the door, and walked over to the bed. "I mean this'll work. It's better than nothing."

"Really? I never thought of it that way," Sango smiled. She glanced out the cracked window. "Ah it's pretty late, we should probably go down and eat. Also, I smell something cooking and I really hope it's not the dormitory burning down. C'mon Goatee, let's go!" She once again grabbed his tie, and began dragging him down the stairs. "Haru! Is dinner ready?"

@Vague @BeardedDandere

Hanami had served the hopefully not rotten vegetables as a salad with dressing. Stirred healthy goods ain't really up for his stomach, but it had to do or he'll die from starvation. Four plates in the table enough for everyone with the rectangle table covered with his own... Blanket. Yes. A stupid blanket for table covering. "Itadakimaaasu." Dinner was ready on the first hell day.

Daiki was dragged down the stairs by Sango, he just smiled as she did so. He noticed the smell of food too half way down the stairs. "Okay Shortstuff give me a second to collect myself" He loosened his tie a little bit as she was pulling him

@barry the bee

"Eh, you're a tough guy, you're fine." Sango teased, grinning, though she did loosen her grip on his tie. The kitchen table was already set, and a surprising appetizing salad sat in the middle. She sat down and motioned for Daiki to sit down next to her. She stared hungrily at the greens. It wasn't meat, but it was something.

"Well, good for us for getting through the first day!" Sango said, piling salad onto her plate.

@Vague @Seikaze @BeardedDandere

The night was spent rather cold. Hanami's stomach growled a lot so he couldn't sleep. Salad apparently, was not enough for his appetite. This dorm is a total wreck. There was no Dorm Advisor or even a janitor to help. Looks like they have to do everything to keep this place from falling apart. Going against the admin would be a bad idea because everyone knows they "know best." This just wasn't right at all. Hanami slept uncomfortably on the hard mattress after a lot of thoughts.

I don't deserve this at all..

Then the next day, his alarm ringed. Second day of school. Bad start. Hanami's foot accidentally stepped too hard on the floor, making a hole in front of his room and grazing his left leg. He stopped himself from screaming because of the pain hoping not to disturb the other three. Grabbing his uniform, he went upstairs carefully and opened the room to the bathroom. To his surprise, it was actually fine! The tub, sink, or the walls had no mold. Although the walls have lots of cracks. I think these walls are starting to give in.. Fine, but not fine. He turned the shower on, took a bath, got dressed and ran to school. He did all of that at such an early time.

School wasn't good either. Hanami wasn't getting a good treatment from fellow students, thinking he's a pleb or an unworthy student. He didn't bother batting an eye at them. Things were already worse enough. As he sat on his chair, people either laughed, sneered, or stayed away from him, except for a select few who doesn't mind.

So these are the "perks" of someone who's in Dorm 0..

Sango was not having a good morning. She "woke up" which was more like transitioning into a zombie like state, only discover there was no breakfast. Then, the shower was all out of hot water, and she had to wear a uniform, and worst of all, go to school. Somehow, she managed to leave the dorm without any injuries, though her socks were chafing her ankles, and her shirt blew uncomfortably in the wind. The school day followed a similar pattern. Kids in the hallway stared at her with a mix of pity and amusement, but apparently not enough of either to talk to her. As she walked, to school, she felt like exhibit A in a freak show. To her horror, none of her roommates were in her grade, and he didn't run into any of them The closest she had to conversation was someone asking her for a eraser. The classes were as boring as ever, and it took all of her willpower to stay awake. But the time school let out she was dying to return to her roommates. Sure, they were eccentric, but at least they were something.

Daiki woke up earlier than usual, he was awoken by a loud noise. He rolled around in the bed for a couple of minutes before deciding it was actually a good idea to go to school today. He got up yawning and went over to his stuff that he didn't bother to unpack last night. He put on his clothes and walked outside. He air blew in his face and he shivered.

Half way to school he took out his cigarettes and lit one. The wind blew the smoke in his face.

The school day passed without any big incidents, he got a couple of stares because he was never at school so when he was it was some sort of occasion.

Before the last bell rang to let school out he was up and walking out the door. He started thinking about the old run down dorm.

The first day of term, and I didn't even meet my dorm-mates yet! Miwa thought to himself as he munched on a protein bar from the convenience store. He had been out all last night doing a stocking night at his job, and had gotten back well after everyone had gone to bed. Now he had left well before anyone was up, all for the privilege of a nice hot shower. When Miwa finally settled into class, he noticed some people casting glances at him, they looked like, pity? That wasn't surprising, he had been amongst the top of the class before his job sent him to the 0 Dorm, but what difference did that really make? He was sure that the Dorm 0 bunch would turn out to be a swell bunch of guys, and if they weren't, he could set the on the right course. He wiled away the periods until he could finally go back to his new home. Now that he saw it in the daylight, it looked a lot shabbier than it had at night. That simply wouldn't do. Miwa rummaged around in his things until he had uncovered a large apron and some ruddy clothes. He then retrieved a mop, bucket, and all other cleaning supplies from around the dorm. Steeling himself, he began to vigorously clean the dorm from the lowest point on the ground floor. Dirt and grime flew out from his wake as he swept, mopped, and scrubbed as hard as he could.

Sango ran home, eager to relieve herself of the skirt, and change into some nice sweatpants. She scrambled over gate and through the front door. When she entered however, she saw that the kitchen was... completely spotless? She blinked, rubbing her eyes.

What the hell happened? Just this morning, the dorm had been a literal vat of dirt. What could've solicited such a freakish transformation? "Uh, Hello?" she called, unsure if she had walked into the wrong dorm.

@Cunning Commander @BeardedDandere

Miwa had just finished the last of the upstairs bathroom it had been a furious battle to the death with mildew and mold a mile thick, but he had prevailed, thus completing the cleaning of the small dorm. He'd even started a laundry hamper outside of the sleeping quarters. Wiping his brow, he looked over his handiwork, it wasn't much, but now it was livable. He stowed the cleaning supplies in his own space, he liked to have his tools within arm's reach. He then deposited the now dirty clothes in the hamper and exchanged them for a casual shirt and pants. He held on to the oversized apron, he'd need it while he was preparing dinner.

Suddenly he heard someone calling from downstairs. He walked downstairs to find a small girl looking around, confused. Miwa wiped his hands off on the apron and cleared his throat.

"Hi there, it's so nice to finally meet one of my dorm-mates. My name is Taishi Miwa." He gestured to the freshly cleaned space, smiling at the job he had done. "Welcome Home."

@barry the bee

Daiki made it back to the dorm in which he would be staying for a while. He lit a cigarette and walked inside he heard stuff moving around, he just assumed that people were already home, "Hey I'm here." He didn't know why he hollered out loud, it didn't make a difference whether or not he was here.

"Hey, I'm Sangp," she replied awestruck, gaping at the stranger. He had spiky blond hair and a cheerful aura that somehow made feel energized. She glanced past him, further inspecting the room. There was no mold or cobwebs in sight, and even the floor boards appeared a little less dangerous. "You did all this? By yourself...?" She turned around, still shocked at cleanliness of the room, just in time to Daiki enter. She grinned ear to ear, wrapping her arm around his shoulder. "Hey, Goatee! Meet Taishi Miwa!"

@Cunning Commander @BeardedDandere

Daiki was pulled down a little bit when Sango put her arm around his shoulder, "Hey Shorty, Who is this and why is he here?" He took his cigarette out of his mouth and motion towards him. "I thought it was just the four of us." He turned his head and let a smoke cloud escape his mouth and then turned his head and looked down at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back