• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Together on Rainy Days and Cold Nights: Yasugan High's Dormitory 0

Seikaze

April

upload_2016-3-22_21-1-40-png.253076

Its that time of the year again where the students of the prestigious Yasugan High start their first day of school. Sighs of relief filled the streets and school grounds for one reason. Their names were not put on the list for the occupants of Dormitory 0. No one ever wanted to stay in that worn-out dormitory. It was only reserved for students who gave enough reason for the administration to separate them from the rest.

Although.. There are those few who unfortunately got listed in that Dorm. This is where the adventures and struggles of the "worse among the rest" Dormitory 0 begin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanami sighed upon seeing the poor looking dorm. Heck, it doesn't even look like a dorm anymore. The afternoon sunlight shined on the dusty windows and unfurbished walls. Now I can see for myself why no one wants to be here.. He opened the rusty gate and entered through the main entrance which creaked open. "Home.. I guess." He voiced. It was all dark and full of dust. Looks like it hasn't been cared for in a long time. "What a worn-out dorm.." Not even his fault he was here. First day of everything and all he can think about is getting out of here as soon as possible, and to do just that, he had to study hard. Forcibly.

The wooden floorboards creaked as he and his luggage moved through the hallway. The kitchen was already there near the entrance, together with the stairs towards the second floor. Five rooms in each floor, 2 on each right side and 3 on each left side. The bathroom and cr was directly just up the stairs and forward. Hanami didn't dare look at its undoubtedly molded utilities.

He carried his luggage towards the rightmost room on the first floor and keyed it open, but only finding it open already when it was easily pushed. Surprisingly, the rooms were all.. Free of dirt. Atleast.. But it was still really cheap. A wooden bed with a tiny mattress, a desk and a drawer. "Couldn't be cheaper.." Hanami unpacked his luggage and fell on his bed, preparing for next day's school. He was the first to arrive. Or maybe the last too..

HARU AGANO

DORM 0

183067.jpg

Haru entered Dormitory 0 with her hopes high. It couldn't be that bad, right? "I'm home~!" she said enthusiastically as she stepped inside, mostly to see if anyone was already there. She looked around, and examined the worn out dorm. With cracked walls and dusty floors, the place was a mess. Yet, instead of being repulsed, the redhead just smiled. "This is eerie...perfect for my rituals!"

As she rolled the suitcase full of clothes, supernatural books, and ritual items behind her, the floors creaked beneath her feet. She peeked into the kitchen, then headed down the hallway to her room. She had the third room at the end of the hallway. She stuck her key in the lock, twisted it, then opened the door. The rooms were a slight upgrade from the hallways, but a downgrade from the regular dormitories. Still, she couldn't complain. There was plenty of space for summoning in this room - what more could she ask for?

She set her luggage on the bed, then headed back out into the hallway. "Anyone here?" she called out, waiting for a reply.

Sango stood in front of the pitiful dormitory, taking in the rundown building. It really was as horrible, maybe even more, than all her friends said.

"Kinda looks like something out of horror movie," She mumbled, unsure if that was a good thing. Reluctantly, she walked through the rusted gate, and opened to door. Ignoring the ominous creaking of the floorboards, she dragged her hefty luggage in. The walls and floors were cracked and moldy, and she could've sworn she saw a rat. She glanced at her key, then up at the dark, dangerous looking staircase.

The rooms are probably up there. She thumped up the stairs, and they strained to support her and her suitcase. Much to her surprise, there was someone already standing in the hallway. She was pretty girl, with long hair and striking blue eyes. Sango lit up, ecstatic to see another person in the dorm."Hey! I'm Sango!" she said, stretching out her arm for a handshake, "You're one of my roommates, right?"

@Vague

HARU AGANO

DORM 0

183067.jpg

"Ah! Someone is here!" she smiled at the sight of the younger girl. She accepted the handshake and shook hands with her. "Sango? Such a nice name~! I'm Haru." she introduced herself as they shook. When she pulled her hand away, she stepped back to examine her. Suddenly, she grinned. "So cute..."

What was with the noise back there.. For sure no one else would be staying here. But to Hanami's surprise, out the door were some people also unfortunate. Well, not that it would make a difference. Stuck in this dorm anyway. "Three of us..?" It was already starting to get dark. Night was coming. Hanami flipped the switch in the kitchen, turning the lights on. "Kinda makes me feel glad i'm not the only one in here.." He walked towards the cupboards and scavenged for utensils. Wait.. Dorm duties.. Ugh. That can come later.

HARU AGANO

DORM 0

183067.jpg

Haru noticed the light turn on, and headed over to the kitchen. "Hello?" she said as she stepped into the kitchen. Upon seeing the male, she noticed his tired expression and walked over to the cupboards. "Ah, I can take care of everything in the kitchen. I'm used to making all the meals for my family, so I kind of know my way around it." she winked.

@Seikaze

Sango flushed deep crimson, attempting to cover her face with her hand. She mentally scolded herself for not keeping her cool, willing her face return to it's normal shade.

"T-thanks! You're, uh... cute pretty too- I mean uh, pretty cute! Too! You're pretty cute too!" She was now mentally banging her head against a wall.

"Y-You know what? I'm gonna go stuff my put away... er- put my stuff..." She scurried away, still entirely red. She quickly opened the door two her room, the second room on the left, and threw her bag onto the bed, which made a very unpleasant noise in return. She sat next her stuff, putting her head into her hands.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Argh..."

@Vague

HARU AGANO

DORM 0

183067.jpg

"Hm," Haru chuckled to herself as she watched Sango hurry to her room. "She's embarrassed. How adorable!"

@barry the bee

The girl guessed it right off the bat. Its almost dinner anyway. Hanami guestured a "sure" with his hands and sat at the wooden chair, ready for whatever food may come. Although.. Some ominous aura was coming from this redhead.. Nevermind that anyway. Maybe it was a good time to get to know everyone in the dorm. Not sure how to start a conversation, he slouched and asked "So.. How'd you guys get here."

HARU AGANO

DORM 0

183067.jpg

Haru smiled and searched the cupboards and the fridge. The bowls, albeit obviously being old, we're in decent condition and so were other cooking materials such as the wooden spoon. In the fridge there was vegetables, fruits, and a little bit of meat. It was obvious she would have to do most of the grocery shopping, because the dorm advisors weren't doing a very good job so far.

The redhead had already begun getting to work on a salad, the best she could do with what she was presented with. "Eh? I actually live far from the school, so I came by two different trains. I had to walk the rest of the way from the station," she explained. "What about you?"

@Seikaze

"Mom actually kicked me out because she thought I had to learn how to move and act like a proper teen." Hanami replied bitterly. Even his family wasn't agreeing with him. His fingers circled across the table, clearly bored of his life. "I live far from here too. Took an airplane to get here." Not actually something great to tell someone else, but it had to do.

@Vague

"Really? If you don't mind me asking, what makes you an improper teen?" Haru asked as she chopped up tomatoes and lettuce. She was very skilled at cooking, since her family always relied on her to make meals.

@Seikaze

Sango peeked out of her room, having finally calmed down. She saw a light on in the kitchen and walked toward it. There was Haru and another boy she didn't recognize. Haru was chopping up some vegetables, and she and the stranger seemed to be talking. She strutted through kitchen, careful to avoid eye contact with Haru, and swung her arm over his shoulder.

"Hey! Was I interrupting something?" She grinned, not waiting for a reply. "What's your name, dude? I'm Sango and she's Haru!"

She looked the guy up and down. He looked bored and disheveled, and he had a kinda irritated atmosphere. In other words, he didn't look like the type to clean up after her.

@Vague @Seikaze

Daiki arrived at this run down dormitory, it was already getting dark. He walked up to the door and knocked on the door hoping someone would answer. He put his stuff on the ground and pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and lit one. "I really hope I didn't waste my time coming to the wrong place..."

"Improper..?" Right. Everyone always thinks of him as a good-for-nothing student. No one ever saw him do anything productive. "Long story short, I get nothing done." He replied face down on the table. In fact, Hanami was already sleepy. He didn't even bother asking that back to her. But maybe.. He was hurt. A bit. He always gets hurt by that though. Then, yet another girl entered the kitchen's premises and asked. "Sango.. Haru.. Hanami." What was with that response? His tone was slow with a hint of sleepiness. "Nice to meet you guys. Lets survive this year."

@Vague @barry the bee

Sango snickered. "Hamami, you're a pretty interesting guy, aren't you?" She gave me hearty smack on the back, chuckling to herself. This year was gonna turn out to more fun than she thought. She glanced at Haru, blushing once again. And it was definitely gonna keep her on her toes. Suddenly she heard a knock. Sango nearly tripped over herself, scrambling to answer the door. "I GOT IT!" She opened the door, leaning on the frame. There stood another tall boy, sporting a black goatee and a cigarette. Looks like a fun guy. Sango smirked.

"Nice goatee. What's the password?" She asked, deepening her voice to a ridiculous tone, and wearing a even more ridiculous "gangster" expression.

@Seikaze @BeardedDandere

Daiki raised his eyebrow, "Password? I didn't know there was a password to this...place." he looked at the building again. He tosses his cigarette on the ground and stepped on it. "Now then are you going to let me in or not?" he said crossing his arms and looking down at the person. He furrowed his brow to try and intimidate her.

HARU AGANO

DORM 0

183067.jpg

Haru chuckled at Hanami. "Such an amusing guy!" she grinned as she threw the tomatoes and lettuce into a bowl. She set down her ingredients for a moment to look back at him. "Hey, Hanami-kun, would you be willing to help me out with something after dinner? It shouldn't take too long."

@Seikaze

Sango laughed nervously, raising her hands in defense. She could tell he was gonna be barrels of fun. She moved out of the way, gesturing towards to door.

"Hey now, calm down. I'm just joking with you. Come on in, Goatee. Can I call you that?" She grabbed his uniform tie, yanking him toward the doorway. "Hey, what's your room number? Grab your stuff and I'll show you around!"

@BeardedDandere

Daiki grabbed his stuff, "You can call me Goatee as long as I can call you Shortstuff. That sound good to you?" he smiled. He slung his bag over his shoulder, "I don't have a room number either, I was just told to come here."

@barry the bee

Why is this stupid place suddenly starting to get filled with people.. Hanami ignored the newcomer and struggled standing up. "Sure." Cooking? Was he ever good at cooking? He wondered. "What do you need?" He moved beside Haru and stared at the vegetables ready for dinner. The floorboards were so noisy that it was starting to irritate Hanami. Those cracked parts almost devoured his unwary feet. Looking at their storage, someone really needs to buy new ingredients or they'll go hungry soon enough.

@Vague

HARU AGANO

DORM 0

183067.jpg

"You see, this may seem unusual, but..." she stepped away from the ingredients, now fully facing Hanami. Her expression was completely serious. "You have an aura around you. An aura I can't describe. One that is...dark, yet light. Frightful yet hopeful." Suddenly, she grabbed him by his shoulders. "I want to find out what this aura is. Are you a spirit? A demon? I need to know." She stared into his eyes for a few more seconds, then let go of his shoulders and looked down at the floor. A few moments later, she began laughing.

"Who would've thought I'd be sharing a dorm with a supernatural being?" she said in between laughs. "It's absolutely wonderful!" Haru was obviously fully convinced Hanami was some type of spirit.

@Seikaze

"Heh, Shortstuff. I like it! Anyway, I guess we'll just find you a room," Sango led him inside. As she entered she noticed Haru cackling at a confused Hanami. She furrowed her brow.

"Uh, just ignore them. So, you could have a room by the kitchen, or one upstairs. That's where I'm staying, by the way. It might just be me, but I think the floors up there are slightly less moldy."

@BeardedDandere

Daiki shrugged his shoulders, "I don't really care where I sleep I'm cool with whatever. But the mold is what caught my interest what do you mean by mold?" He glanced over at the other 2 in the kitchen, "And who are they, and actually who are you?" He chuckled a little.

@barry the bee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back