• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom To The Top [RWBY]

Having your hand shook by a giant was as much of an awesome experience as it was a strange one. Their hands were obviously not compatible in that way, but it was interesting to say the least. "Waaah!" Mihile exclaimed in an amused fashion when she hoisted him onto her shoulder. "Well, that's fun!" He added, giggling ever so slightly. He'd have to admit that he liked everyone he'd come across so far at the school, which seemed like an almost impossible statistic judged by all his previous encounters with other people. He looked to the girl's face as she introduced herself. "Nice to met you Scarlett. Fitting name, yo. Would you also believe me if I told you that your hair color wasn't the first thing I noticed about you?"

Mihile held onto her clothing as she shuffled around to grab something, all the while uttering more quiet "Weee"s. Riding on her shoulder was something like riding a roller coaster, which was one of the few things Milo really enjoyed. He was almost hoping he'd be put on the girl's team just so he could do this regularly. He looked up to the two large sandwiches she held up, and then said "Thank you! Well, ehm, I don't really think our meal sizes are exactly the same, but if you could give me a piece of the beef one I'd be happy." Mihile was a big eater, but he doubted he could really compete with a twelve-foot person.

He accepted the bit of sandwich, and was just about to say something when the speech started. "Oooh, look at this." He said, then stuffed his mouth with sandwich as he watched the school's principal. He didn't partake in any clapping, seeing as his hands were more than occupied, but the speech watered a seed in his chest. It grew, extended through the cracks of his personality and sent a feeling into his brain. Excitement. He wanted to fight everyone here, and he wanted to be the strongest. A diabolical smile spread over his face and a quiet sinister "Heh." escaped his mouth before he could stop himself.

He shook his head and looked to Scarlett. "Pretty good, huh?"

@Riddle78

Yuu was silent, his gaze was fixed on the headmistress as she delivered her speech. So we are going to get the chance to show off? This is my kind of thing. After the headmistress finished, Yuu stood up and stretched. He sighed as he began to walk around the area to stretch out his legs. Many people were having pleasant conversations, giving off smiles. Yuu saw the student from earlier once again. Why does this Merlin kid keep on eye-balling me? He used the dark lens of his glasses to cover the fact that he was looking at him. Yuu made quick mental notes about his posture, his planned attack from Yuu's previous encounter with him. All these notes will be useful to him in the future. Yuu found a spare seat next to two female students who were chatting away. Well, the floor got a little discomforting to sit on. So I'll just sit in this seat.

"Is this seat taken?" Yuu asks with a impassive expression.

@Pushks or @Dead

Ignian closed his book just to listen to the speech shifting his gaze between potential opponents, which was practically everyone in the area. Still, it was probably nothing he couldn't handle. The only one he might have a bit of struggle with would be scarface from earlier. As soon as the speech was over, Ignian reopened his book, clapping using the base of his palm as he continued to read. He began formulating battle plans as he read. Considering that scarface was manipulating some kind of vapor between his fingers, Ignian figured that he had some kind of semblance that had to do with vapor. Wind should be the most effective, or I can attempt to freeze it in place... he thought in his head, thinking of ways to get the upper hand.

About halfway through the speech Hina found herself rising up and relocating herself further to the back and away from the crowds.What may have been simply loud and excitable for them was deafening, almost painfully so, for her. Still, once she had moved she listened to the speech intently, a frown building on her face as she listened to the words denoting setting students against each other. The Human-Faunus war and ensuing issues were all done, so why did they still need to regularly fight against one another now? Even for run of the mill criminals,a strong skill in fighting humans wouldn't be that needed, would it?

But still, her goal was to ultimately put herself in a position to help everyone, and with how renowned the profession of hunters and huntresses were it would be an easy stepping stool for her ultimate career goals.

Reaching out with her skills Hina began to sift through the chatter of the crowd and started picking out silhouettes and voices she recognised. There was Mihile, on the shoulder of a hulking... rhinoceros faunus? The horn was her best guess. Also found amongst the crowds were the somewhat familiar shapes of the pair she had been looking at stepping between earlier.

Other than them, she didn't recognise anyone else that she may have noticed before, but it wasn't too much trouble for her, and she was sure that she'd meet plenty of other peoples later. In the meantime she made due with listening to the people around her chatter animatedly as they looked forward to their time here at the Academy. As everyone around began to mill about and prepare to head to wherever they'd be heading to Hina decided she'd remain stationary until she either found someone she recognised or had a teacher walk by that she could ask for directions.

??????? ?????????
red_panda_pixel_by_fawnboy-d4m0lrx.gif

Shaking hands with Hera, she giggled softly at her small joke and nodded,"
Nice to meet you Hera." She said warmly before comfortably snuggled back in her seat staring at the crowd before them see the many students chatter amongst themselves with their weapons all equipped as her eyes were sparkling at how amazing each weapon were even if a few were not as advanced as others. Each weapon had it's own specialty and admiring the weapons before her, she snapped out turning towards Hera,"Yep, I am." She chimed happily almost looking as if she'll hop out of her seat at this rate,"This is Beacon Academy! The school I've worked so hard to get into and now here I am. It's so unreal to me even now but I just can't control my excitement right now knowing that I'm actually in the school." She explained trying so hard not to fall over her words until a audible voice spoke up informing all students to sit down for the announcement.

Shifting her attention back to the front, she kept quiet and wait till the Headmisstress took her place on stage before a masculine voice spoke up asking if he could take the seat next to Hera. Mostly, she would have said something but because this was beside Hera, she couldn't say much but smile while glancing at Hera to see whether she'll do the honors of accepting the guy. Examining his appearance, he was very tall and muscular with cool sunglasses though she wondered why he was wearing them since there were no bright light in the room. Tilting her head, she turned away to pay attention to Headmistress Bennece as there were many rounds of applause, announcements, applause, and then finished with cheers.

Clapping her hands together, she hopped out of her seat and smiled down at Hera and the other guy,"Hi, sorry for being quiet but I'm Lilitha but call me as you wish." She greeted then turned to Hera,"What shall we do now?"

@Pushks@Nalzrad

? Summary: Amphitheater: chatting with Hera and sunglasses guy (Yuu). ?

Ignian got up from his seat and stretched a little bit. Everyone was moving, so he might as well see where they were going. He dragged his luggage behind him as he continued to read, walking along with a book in front of his face, looking up from time to time so as to not bump into anyone. There was only one moment where he bumped into one person. "I apologize," he told the person, looking up and seeing that it was the winged Faunus girl, having the same flat, emotionless expression on his face. "Huh, never seen a winged Faunus before." Ignian glanced once more, finding that the girl was blind.

@Veirrianna Valentine

"Ah." Hera smiled, listening to Lilitha's exciting ramble. It was adorable. She, personally, found no excitement in this thing - so having someone like that by her lifted her spirits a bit. In any case, she liked the girl.

A tall, broad guy approached them - his voice stern and cold. Poaret looked up, met his eyes, pursed her lips once again. She heard her new friend asking what they are supposed to do now, and nodded a bit. "Indeed, you may. The seat is free, so please, do take it." she said, even bowing her head a little in fashion of good manners.

The chatter, to her utter annoyance, got out of hand once again, until the headmistress spoke, breaking it.

"Of course, there's a certain tradition among us. Tonight, the new students, who have just arrived, will sleep in the hall! There's a good reason for that." she said, spreading her arms.

"Tomorrow there will be an exam - an exam, yes, you heard well - which will decide on your partners and groups, so we can arrange you in dorms. I hope nobody minds sleeping on uncomfortable floor and mattresses tonight. It's not the worst you'll go through." she said, her voice turning serious.

Hera grunted a bit in sign of protest - she had done her fair share of sleeping on uncomfortable surfaces, so she craved some luxury, some soft feather beds and nice bedsheets. But alright, she will survive that one night, right?

@Nalzrad @Dead

Mari - Beacon Amphitheater

In the back of the amphitheater, Mari couldn't help but feel suffocated by the crowds that surrounded her. It wasn't their number, no, it was the aura of sheer energy and excitement that bristled from every crack, pour, and crevice of every member of the crowd. To her, who'd both spent the most of her 'life' in the company of one, and believed in discipline above all else, the display rubbed her in all the wrong ways. Not only was it a clear show of disrespect towards their speakers, and superiors, it was also just outright... Uncomfortable, being trapped within such a ensemble of people. It wasn't something Mari would readily admit, but being thrown into an environment where she was surrounded by so many people was more jarring than she had expected it to be. Though, that, she couldn't exactly blame on the crowd itself, as much as she could her own ineptitude. Not that her stone cold visage of an expression would give tell of any of that, though.

As the headmaster began to speak, Mari couldn't help but feel thankful as the crowd simmered down, her frame, which she had unknowingly tightened in discomfort loosening at much the same pace as they did.

As the speech pulled to a close, Mari couldn't help but feel like she was missing something. The white-haired girl hadn't come here to be inspired, sure, but in comparison to the rest of the crowd, her unblinking reaction to the speech seemed... Out of place. I mean, at the best of times all one could expect to fish out of the girl was a look of disdain, much less any sign of excitement or approval, but this, THIS, was supposed to be what ushered a new wave of students into their stay at this ever so famous Academy. And it's effects were obvious, the had been set ablaze with an even more suffocating level of excitement they were before! She hadn't even thought that possible! And yet, Mari felt no different than she had at the beginning of things. Hell, if anything, that tint of discomfort she felt had only grown after the speech's end.

After all, this just went to show how out of place she was h-

No.

No, thoughts like that served her not. The only purpose they had were to sway her from her goal.

And that was something that she couldn't allow.

Ever.

Sharply rising from her seat, Mari took her luggage in hand a hurried herself out of the theater in a surprisingly swift pace. Now, normally she would have left much the same as she had entered, as the last of the crowd flowed out, but... Right now, her urge to get away from the source of her oh-so early rising doubt, was enough to send her rushing out of the place. Well, if you could call a power-walk rushing, that is.

Scarlett Masterson; Sammiches

Scarlett passed Mihile the entire smoked beef sandwich,despite his request; It might've been stacked thick,but the loaf of bread that supplied the slices was no larger than any other store-bought loaf. Unwrapping her own snack,Scarlett began to chow down,just as the Headmistress began the second half of her speech. All she could do was smirk around her sandwich. Not only were they expected to sleep here for the night,they were expected to do an entrance exam the next morning? They don't do things in half-measures at Beacon; Not by a long shot. Just the way she liked it; Overcoming a great challenge was what the rhino woman lived for. If you can't take pride in your accomplishments,then what can you be proud of,after all?

Slipping the balled cellophane into her pocket,after finishing the sandwich,Scarlett cast her gaze around the amphitheatre. It was a reactor of emotion. Some people were surprised,assuming that the initial exams were it,others dreaded this next test,but the vast majority were excited; This is exactly what they signed on for. Herself included,really. "Alright,going down,Mihile." Scarlett kneeled low to the ground,to let the human off her shoulders on his own terms. "Mob bunk,and a big test tomorrow,eh?" The rhino Faunus smiled wide,anticipating the next day; The smile held an unsettling number of tombstone teeth,meant for crushing and grinding; A trait of her Faunus genome. "No better way to start the year!"

Mihile accepted the enormous piece of bread and held it in both his arms. He was going to be polite and throw away the majority of it later when she couldn't see him, but a bothered look grazed his features as he struggled to balance it in his arms. Unwieldy sandwiches was not something he expected to think about that day.

The headmistress spoke up again and Mihile looked over to her once more, eager to hear what else she had to add. It was only something brief about not being given a dorm of their own this night, but if he hadn't heard it he'd be walking about aimlessly for the rest of the day. He chewed a large chunk of the sandwich, but got a look of disbelief on his face when he saw that Scarlett had already finished hers. Shortly after, she leaned down for him to jump off. Milo attempted to grab all of his things, then slipped off her with a "Awww. That was fun though."

Once on the ground he turned to face her. "Well, thanks for the ride Scarlett. I'll be seeing you around, you're hard to miss." He said, and started scuttling off to find the hall they were supposed to sleep in.

(I'm in a hurry, but feel free to bump into him. You can dictate where he is, because it isn't unlikely that he'd be... well, anywhere.)

Ignian stood there, waiting for the girl to say something, but nothing was said. She probably didn't hear him over the bustling of bodies of new and old students walking around and talking to each other. "Well, you better hurry and find your way to the grand hall," he told the girl, turning the page in his book and turning away. "Good luck." That's what people say to each other, right? He wasn't sure if he came off rude or not, but what was it to him?

((Sorry, @Veirrianna Valentine , I couldn't wait))

Ignian hurried over on his way to the hall so that he could get a nice quiet spot in the corner to read. Another reason was so that he could find a spot that wasn't remotely close to scarface. While he was reading and walking, another boy bumped into him, one who had bandages all over his face, making him drop his book. Ignian sighed. "How rude..." he said as he bent over to pick up his book and dusted off the dirt.

@Prizzy Kriyze

Five hundred and fifty one... Five hundred and fifty two... Five hundred and fifty three... Five hundred and fifty four...

Tracking the steps over the floor out of boredom, Mihile had taken to pacing across the large hall where they were supposed to spend their night.

Five hundred and fifty five... Five hundred and fifty six... Five hundred and fifty seven... Five hundred and fifty... o-omph!

Something bumped into him and interrupted his counting. Mihile stopped with a dissatisfied look on his face, and took a glance over his shoulder. A blonde and blue-eyed boy leaned down to pick up a dropped book. His clothing was more elegant than most Milo had seen around the school and he had an air of arrogance around him. He would've snickered at inconveniencing such a man, but since he really didn't give a shit he let it pass. Instead of excusing himself or doing anything else a sane person would, Milo immediately broke out with:

"Hello, friend! What are you reading there?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back