• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern To Murder A Dragonfly {Publishable RP Idea}[Two Slots Left!]

Regal

✯The Victorian♚
•The Plot•

Click Here To Join~ <3

Six characters get together and form a group. They start out with a gas station robbery, then things start to spiral out of control. The group is put through multiple challenges in life, some having to do with their own personal issues. It isn't long before the law itself is hard on their case. They start to realize that everything that connects them to the world itself must die. They become Dragonflies.

From Facebook, to Twitter. It all must die. To banks, to everything that connects human beings through technology. IT. MUST. DIE. Mental issues spiral out of control as god complexes are entered into the fray. They become beings of legend, more names to fill the history books. They now have one more task to uptake; the destruction and liberation of California through a string of robbery's and acts of terrorism. Sure, the cause is a good one. Or is it?

•Chapters•

- CH1: Warehouse Meeting

- CH2: Rumble in the Desert

- CH3: Skyline Dogfight

- CH4: Laying Low

- CH5: California's Dragonflies

- CH6: Bye, Compton!

- CH7: Unwanted Attention

- CH8: DemoGauge's Last Stand

- CH8: In Loving Memory

- CH9: A New Leader

- CH10: Oakland Is Next!

- CH11: Missingno.'s Final Song

- CH12: No Funeral For Traitors

- CH13: Run To Vegas

- CH14: Mafia Problems

- CH15: Sing About Me

- CH16: Maximum Security

- CH17: Last Dance

- CH18: Requiem

•Setting•

You are one of the six legendary 'Dragonflies'. Your character will start in a warehouse in the Nevada desert, and will meet with his/her old friends in crime. The group itself has already done multiple criminal acts together, and are two seconds from the death penalty. The RP will be GM'ed for the most part, but adding personal scenario's is always recommended. This will be a slow-paced detailed RP. If a post is less than one paragraph of 6 sentences, it will be deleted and a PM will be sent for you to try again. I'll be happy to help with whatever you need, and even help with setting pictures/music and detailed description. The year will be current time, the group itself being formed back in 2011. The group itself split up for one year to lay low from the law, and will spend the time in the warehouse to get re-acquainted. Your job is to create a complex and creative character! However, if you remain inactive, your character will be killed off. The Dragonflies recruit on a regular basis, just to keep the plot moving steadily along.

•Reason For RP•

The reason I posted this RP here is simple; I wish to write a book. Yes, a book that should be dictated by it's own characters. I believe that, if everyone made the characters, the book itself would be more fleshed out and creative. In that aspect however, it will have to be GM'ed, and when a phase has been completed, be chapter driven. Let me know if you're interested! I would absolutely love feedback as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind your patronage! However, I won't reserve spots simply due to people losing interest when said thread is actually made. It's going to be first come, first serve in that aspect. Thanks for taking interest though, means a lot. I'll still tag you whenever the actual RP has been made.

Well, I'm planning on setting it up as soon as possible. It's going to take a lot of detailed setup however, and might take me a day or two before I'll accept applications.

I feel you there, man. Most RP's I've joined spiraled out of control, or simply just had vanished participants. I've made measures to ensure that the RP stays stable, even if a person who had post-locked another quits. It will all be written in the mechanics portion of the RP, when it's finally complete of course.

Thanks for the interest! I'm actually developing as we speak. I'll make sure to tag everyone accordingly ^^

Do you have any questions? I hope the whole plot wasn't too vague.

It's completely modern as far as current events are concerned. However, actions caused by the group have already happened up towards them meeting up in the warehouse. I'm letting the players decide on what happened via character sheets, as long as it isn't 'too' crazy. Every character has been away from the group for a year, and that gave them enough time to make a name for themselves on that note. The four years they spent as a group will be detailed in a short story that will be made from in character flashbacks that I hope everyone will participate in.

That's so cool omg. So the characters are all teenagers that have been doing some BAD stuff.

Not necessarily! They could either be 18-50 in ages. It's not really clear how the group was formed, so this RP takes all different shades of character. They had to have been experienced enough in life in order to survive doing the stuff they have done. Nothing's wrong with having a young character though, as long as they aren't punk brats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back