• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy To Kill An Assassin (2.0)

Sicarius

Shadow Prince
Supporter

TO KILL AN ASSASSIN

Bounty Hunter,

On behalf of the great city of Lake Ridge I first and foremost thank you for the consideration of services; time is just as valuable as money, and I assure you all... the price of this job will most certainly not waste any of yours.

Of course, you know what currently plagues our city. If you have not seen it plastered over international news, you may have heard it being spoken about throughout the country. It is not the economy, policies, sickness or disease that threatens our homes. No, the pinnacle of our troubles is solely accredited to one man alone; The Assassin.

Truly a man of the utmost mystery and complexity, this wolf is a plight to those who reside in Lake Ridge... and possibly a direct threat to governments and nations should he go as far. This unknown entity ravages through the streets of our lovely neighborhoods, and stalks the plains and woods of our city. The death toll has taken a substantial rise in Lake Ridge, something that simply cannot be tolerated. This monstrosity terrorizing our towns and killing off our citizens must be put down. This task that is required, has forced my hand to select you all.

You, and many others have now been offered a high reward for eliminating this killer. The city and myself call upon all Bounty Hunters who are willing to utilize your specialized talents and abilities to send this 'Assassin' to his grave!

Not only will you benefit yourself, but you will be heralded as Lake Ridge's savior. Prosperity and glory await you my friends... and this is your opportunity to claim it.

$5,000,000 should be quite the motivator. Those interested will be required to meet with me and my subordinates at City Hall on Saturday, November 19th at 7:00pm. There we will discuss the rules and regulations in how this villian is to be taken down, as well as to how the reward shall be distributed.

I look forward to your presence this weekend.

Best regards,

Mayor Lyrum Finnigan of Lake Ridge

(Mayor Lyrum Finnigan of Lake Ridge)

Synopsis
The setting is Lake Ridge, a bustling city located in the state of New York bordering Pennsylvania; surrounded by water and forests. Built upon corporations and business just like the State it is located in, Lake Ridge has been mostly successful. Its topography and surrounding natural areas draw in people from all over to either vacation or retire there. The economy has been thriving, and the influx of goods entering the market has hit record highs. The profit and production in the city is so great, that the Mayor has begun the process of turning Lake Ridge into a miniscule Utopia of the sorts.

However, that vision has been weakened due to an unknown assassin killing off key CEO's and political entities within Lake Ridge. At first, it was a few incidents here and there. Now? The whole city is practically in disarray. People are leaving, companies are withdrawing, and Lake Ridge is now the talk of the times; and not in a positive light.

The mayor has sent out letters to known Bounty Hunters offering a reward to rid the city of the assassin, opening borders and lowering pricing of hotels to accommodate those who want a chance at the killer. He has also sent out a general announcement to those who are not even licensed to bring in this person; dead or alive.

It is time to bring comfort to a broken city, peace of mind to the frightened, security to the uncertain; but most importantly...

It is time to Kill An Assassin.

38505-1920x1200.jpg

It is the time for action; true change shall come to this city... I'll make sure of it.
Mayor Finnigan

Breakdown:

This is set during modern time with present time economy, technology, and advances. However, this is a fantasy role play; as there is not only the supernatural aspects, but there will be a ton of characters that are of a fantasy species.

Elves, Vampires, Fairies, Werewolves, et cetera; will all be included in this role play. Each character is also allowed to have a set of supernatural powers, though if it is something that would be too dominate it will not be accepted.

Many things will evolve in the story, including the state of the city, as well as its citizens and even the country. This entire role play will be character driven, and if you want to include any sub-plots or even add other protagonists then please PM me; I highly encourage heavy involvement. If you want to create a character to recenter the story around after our first few arcs reach their pinnacles, then by all means let me know!

Progression:

As mentioned, this will be character driven. Your choices and actions will determine the entire outcome of the story. There is a set plot, but the role play will not be confined to the first story arcs concluding. There will be many phases to it, and I hope that that will create longevity.

The first thing to note will be the introduction of the fantasy characters. Obviously, since there is some vague realism to the story, adding fantasy species and aspects to a modernized realistic era is a very difficult task. As such, these fantasy characters will be slowly presented into the story line.

Primarily majority of people are unaware of the existence of such creatures; and that is where we will begin. We live in an interesting age, where some no longer believe in religion or the spiritual realm, while some believe it in the extreme. This will apply to our story. Because of modernization, anything that has to do with the supernatural is known only to be fiction or myth. Therefore, the existence of all these different creatures is not known; except for a select few within governments. There is a pact between the U.N. and the supernatural community which grants the supernatural beings to establish themselves and their own continent, as long as they remain undetected and unseen. They are continuously monitored, to ensure that they remain solitary so that their abilities do not alter society beyond how it naturally develops.

However, upon the invitation of all bounty hunters, the government has waived the legislation of the pact, and any of those from what is known as the "Imperium Society" has been granted permission to come out of hiding in effort to take out the assassin. Mayor Finnigan, as well as the rest of the world, will come together along with the government to introduce these people in a slow paced and positive light; to help ease them into present culture and society so that they are easily accepted. While being completely in temporary shock and confusion, citizens as a whole will begin to normalize everything and adapt... though they will still be trying to wrap their heads around it all.

This will mean that while most will be accepting and welcoming of those from the Imperium Society, some might be discriminatory towards them or even fearful. For the first beginning arc there will be uneasiness, and we will explore the country and city's overall acceptance of the supernatural. As we progress, any fantasy characters will be treated as normal. Until then, there will be some discomfort within the community and unease. Everyone will be on their toes and more observant for the first few "months" inside our role play.

The fantasy characters should also be played a bit different than normal humans. Typically this goes without saying, but I would like to clarify. The Imperium Society comes from a very different culture, and most are not familiar with modernization and technology. They are more exposed and knowledgeable of magic and tradition, and they should be portrayed as "out of place" if you will. As everything progresses, your characters should be learning from American society, as well as the kind of culture we live in. This all will add depth to the story.

The next thing that will be covered is government. Currently there will only be the Mayor; played by one person, who will also act as small political minorities for the Mayor to progress with. However, I would like to add onto governmental roles; even adding characters like congressmen or senators. There will also be roles available for law enforcement, if you so wish. There are not sets story lines any of these, and they are to your discretion.

This will bring us to the next point: Factions. Affiliation will be divided based on your character and his/her role. If you are a Bounty Hunter, you will either be part of the "Mercenary" faction, or the "Imperium Society" faction; as there will be Bounty Hunters from both. If you are any kind of citizen (including reporters and newscasters), you will be a part of the "Civilian" faction. Law enforcement, will be a part of the "Legal" faction, as well as lawyers, judges, prosecutors, et cetera. Political figures and government officials will be a part of the "Government" faction. If you are a character revolved around criminal activity, you are a part of the "Outlaw" faction. In summary, most affiliations will be pretty straightforward, and you are required to have the faction you are in listed on your character sheet. This will be mostly for reference as well as understanding individual roles better.

Story Arcs:

In the near future, I will have this updated. The summary of each story arc will be located here, in case anyone needs to know what we are following. It will explain where we are at the story, what we have progressed from, and where we will go in the future. Major roles must PM me to know details of how some characters should play out.

Key Locations:

In the near future, I will have this updated. There will be Key Locations including the continent where the Imperium Society resides. This will all be located here once I have the time.

Character Sheets and Out of Character Chat:

Rules:

• Always be in character. Anything outside of role play must be discussed in the OoCC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back