• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern To become a Family (M/M, w/VivianThomas)

JustYourFantasy

Yiling Patriarch
School was finally over for today! Beaming from ear to ear, Ed waved cheerfully at his close-knit group of friends and he hurried down the high school steps. School today had seemed to last way too long for his liking. The hours ticked by so slow he literally almost fell asleep and he never did that! Well, it was over now and he was headed to work for a few hours.
‘Afterwhich home, to Zach!’ He thought wistfully. Oh, how he hated how his days were so long. But, tis the reality of things. Edmund needed the money and education was important, something he was making sure his son understood too.

As he sprinted down the sidewalk, he pulled off his long sleeve shirt and swiftly pulled on his waiters' shirt. Not caring if anyone saw the strange scar on his back that seemed to be some sort of faded word. Grabbing his brush from his backpack he did his hair and then pulled it back into a ponytail. “Man, guess I’ll have to wait to reapply my makeup if needed when I get to the cafe,” he muttered to himself. He crossed his fingers and hoped he didn’t look too bad in the meantime.

Just as he arrived at the cafe and was about to head inside his phone blared with ‘Fall Out Boy- Immortals’, causing him to yelp in surprise before fumbling to get his phone from his pocket. Triumphant in his find, he answered the phone a glint of worry appearing in his eyes at the contact id, “What’s wrong?” Paling, he nodded, even though he knew the person on the other end couldn’t see him do so. “I see. I really need to work today. Do you think you can handle it until I get off? I'll come home right away.” he asked, almost pleadingly. Relief flooded his features as he got an answer and he hurried said 'thank you' before hanging up and reluctantly heading into the cafe to work.

Andrew sprinted out of his seat as the last bell of the school day rang. He was ready for school to be over as it was now his favorite time of day – which was work. Even though Andrew was excited for work, he still had to be careful about going through the hallways as he wasn’t the most popular amongst his peers. His smaller frame swiftly moved through the sea of students, blue eyes paranoid as they swept over the ground to avert his gaze.

Andrew let out a sigh of relief when he made it to the exit of the school, a bright smile coming to his lips as he caught a glimpse of Ed’s familiar ponytail in the distance. I hope he’s working today. Andrew thought as he picked up his speed to head towards the café where he and Ed work. No one knew it except for Andrew but Ed is what made his day. School only brought agony to the raven haired boy but Ed… well he brought hope to his darkness.

When Andrew arrived at the café, he made his way to the back room just as Ed was making his way out onto the floor, the door almost hitting Ed in the arm. “Oh! I’m so sorry Ed!” Andrew instantly blushed as he looked over the taller male. “Are you alright?” Andrew was beyond embarrassed. Usually he tried to stay out of sight while at work but that didn’t seem like it would be the case today.

Ed laughed, voice rich and careless. Waving a hand dismissively, "Don't worry bout it." Andrew. A quiet kinda guy, because of that it made him a target for bullies at school and it annoyed him greatly. Why did people have to be so cruel to one another? It wasn't necessary. Pressing his disappointment in the human race away, he grinned lopsidedly. "So, excited for Mr. Jeckins biology test on Friday?" he asked, with a dry tone. Science was his least favorite subject, but hey, all of General Ed sucked.

As Edmund waited for an answer, he grabbed a ready tray of food. "Hold that thought," he said to Andrew before darting way top deliver the food. As he made his way to table four, he greeted all the patrons with a warm smile and flirtatious comment here and there. Arriving at the correct table, he was greeted by an exasperated mother and crying daughter. Eyes softening, he put the food down and knelt beside the daughter, making funny faces. it took a bit but she noticed and soon was giggling. After making sure the food was correct and waving away the mother's barrage of thanks, he sauntered back to Andrew, whistling.

"Anywho. You ready? I'm most certainly not," Edmund gave the other a dramatic pout in response before it vanished a grin replaced it. Though, it did not reach his worry filled gaze.

The blush on Andrew’s cheek only brightened when he heard Ed’s rich laughter and he felt a flutter in his stomach. Ed hadn’t been in town for long, but the moment Andrew had laid eye’s on him… well it was over. Andrew was aware that he preferred guys over girls, but he never thought there was someone as perfect as Ed. His blue eyes watched as Ed went over to the table and how he so effortlessly cheered up the little girl. Andrew admired Ed in ways he didn’t think were possible.

Andrew came back to reality when Ed found his way back to the counter and he quickly pulled on an apron and shoved a paper pad in the pocket. “I like Mr. Jenkin’s class. I should be able to ace it.” But Andrew normally didn’t have any problems in his classes. His teachers always suggested skipping a grade, but he didn’t want to put another target on his back. The students already made fun of him for being too smart already.

M..Maybe I can help you study sometime?” The question came out as a surprise since Andrew was never that direct and instantly, he waved a hand. “Never mind I’m sure you have other things to do!” He said with a nervous smile which quickly faded away when he noticed some of the more popular students headed to the café including some of those who tended to bully him. His demeanor shrunk behind the counter and his eyes looked to the ground again; fingers playing with his apron.

Edmund had observed the dark-haired male enough to know he was smart, but to be able to say with just ease that he'd ace it? Damn. A wry grin touched his glossed lips and he nodded slightly, though more to himself than the other male. help? Oh, he'd definitely appreciate it. His grade was well... Not good currently. In fact, he was terrified about failing and having to do it again. So, at that horrifying thought, he acted on instinct. Without really thinking- Okay, no thought whatsoever. He moved forward and grabbed Andrew's hands, "Oh please help me study! I really can't fail this class. Mostly because I'll die if I have to take it. Screw it being on my transcript."

Now that his dramatics were displayed, he took notice of the male's tense posture and low gaze. Frowning, he glanced around until his bi-colored eyes fell on a group of fam8ialir faces. Grimacing, he childishly stuck his tongue out at them because grinning at Andrew. Releasing his hands, Sep reached up and gently took hold of Andrew's chin, lifting it so their eyes met. "Stop that. Don't let them put you down. This is your turf, not theirs," Septimus said solemnly. "They act up, you kick them out."

When Andrew felt Ed's fingers lifting his chin, he almost melted in a puddle to the ground. But thankfully the raven haired boy was able to keep his composure and he looked up into Edmund's bi-colored eyed. Andrew probably stared a little too long but he nodded his head in a determined fashion; Edmund gave him confidence and he knew as long as Ed was there, he could do anything he put his mind too.

"You're right! I can do this." He said smiling up at Edmund but was broken away in the moment when he heard the laughter behind them but decided to ignore it. "Whenever you want to study, I can help you. " He was happy to help Ed especially since the blonde haired boy was nice to him... well really he was nice to everyone. Just one of the many things Andrew admired about him.

"I'm gonna go deal with them now." Andrew stated with a determined smile as he slowly pulled away from Edmund, even though he really wanted the moment to last longer. Andrew marched his slender frame over to the table and took out his paper pad. "What can I help you with today?" He asked the table of chuckling classmates. One of the girls smacked the two boys on the arm and glared at them. "Just order will you, I don't want to be here all day" She said in a snotty manner. Andrew was thankful for her, despite the attitude, considering all three of them ordered without any issues.

Andrew made his way back to the counter with a big smile feeling quite accomplished as he typed their orders into the computer. I can do it... as long as Ed's here with me.

As the day wore on, Edmund was happy to see a bit more confidence in Andrew. Good. He just needed that slight push. Of course, Sep would still be here if the other ever needed him. Finally, though his shift ended and he was clocking out immediately. Ripping his apron off, the young man hung it up and darted out of the backroom. "I'm heading home, Mrs. Lee!" he called to the woman at the cash register. Marching towards the door, he paused with his hand on the door handle. Oh yeah.

Turning, he searched for his target... Gotcha! Finding Andrew, he hurried over. "I was wondering when you'd be free to help me study?" he asked, words rushed and eyes continuously darting to the front door. Then, without really thinking it through, he spoke again, "We can study at my place if you want." After he said this her mentally cringed. Shoot. He was in such a hurry to get to Zach that he forgot about keeping people from knowing about Zach. Ed so far kept anyone from coming over other than the babysitter who he swore to silence. Now he was offering his place?! Great.

Andrew finished up with his last costumer of the night and headed back to the counter to charge their card for their order. Andrew was waiting for the card to go through and out of the corner of his eye he noticed Ed rushing over to him. He raised a curious eyebrow as to why Ed was in such a rush but probably like any normal teenager, Ed probably just wanted to go home. Andrew smiled and shrugged his shoulders at the question and offer of his house. "I can come over tonight since the test is in a couple of days. I'm gonna help Ms. Lee clean up here so I should be off in the next hour or so."

Andrew took a moment to think about the situation he would be in. He never thought in his wildest dreams that he would be helping Edmund; let alone being at his place. I wonder what his house looks like; what about his parents? will they be there? Andrew's mind wandered off into unforbidden territory and he tried to fight the blush creeping up his cheeks. "I actually have my notes and book in my backpack so we'd be all set to go if that works for you."

There was no taking it back unless he wanted to upset one of the few people he actually enjoyed being around. What to do? Other than Andrew finding out, if what the babysitter said was true Zach was getting sick and he didn't want to expose more people than necessary to him. His options were rather limited, to say the least. Sighing mentally, he forced a smile and nod. "That'll be fine. I do want to tell you that there is someone at my place who is getting sick. So if you'd rather avoid that I understand," he pointed out, "But if you don't mind feel free to come over. I'll leave my address on the counter."

Accepting his possible fate of the other finding out he scribbled his address placed it on the counter and then hurriedly left. Edmund couldn't stay any longer, not to debate or find a way out of this. His little guy needed him.

Arriving at his apartment, Edmund knocked on the door and then entered. The apartment was immaculate, clean and tidy. However, a child’s drawings were all over the walls. Tossing his bag onto the floor next to a lampstand, he hurried down the hallway and into the closest bedroom. There he stopped and paled when he saw his sobbing child and a frantic babysitter. “Oh, Zach… Thanks for watching him, Michelle. Go ahead home… I’ll pay you next week if that’s okay?” Edmund spoke quietly but quickly then dove forward and scooped up his son, cooing.

Michelle opened her mouth to protest but then threw her hands up and nodded. "Fine. If you don't I'm not babysitting anymore. You owe me for the last three weeks, Edmund," she reminded him. Receiving no response, she turned and left muttering.

Sighing, pulled the child back and felt his forehead. Zach's hair was sticking to his sweaty face and he whined in discomfort. "Darling... You're burning up. Let's get you in the bathtub," he murmured before taking him into the bathroom. The thought of Andrew coming completely vanishing from his mind.

Andrew should've known that it was too good to be true for Edmund to be living on his own and he nodded his head. "Don't worry it's fine. I'll see you in a little bit then." He said watching as Ed rushed out of the café. It didn't seem like Edmund would be this concerned for a parent but maybe he was. Andrew shrugged his shoulder's and put the piece of paper in his pocket before continuing to get back to work.

Andrew helped Ms. Lee clean up the rest of the tables and some of the dishes before she allowed him to leave. Andrew hated leaving Ms. Lee with the brunt of the work but the older woman insisted he get going as he had school the next day. It was then that Andrew was reminded that he was supposed to be headed to Edmund's house and not his own. He picked up his back pack and reached into his pocket to grab the crumpled piece of paper. He squinted his eyes to read the scribbles and plugged the address into his phone.

Once Andrew got closer to the apartment, he felt his stomachs turn into knots. As before, his nerves were exasperated by the thought of being in a place outside of school with Edmund. But his thoughts didn't get too crazy this time knowing someone was indeed at home. Andrew walked to the door and cleared his throat before gently knocking. He ran a hand through his black locks as he waited for answer hoping it wasn't too late for Edmund or the other person living at home to want company.

Edmund bed on the edge of a child's bed, watching with tired eyes as his son slept, buried under his favorite Marvel sheets. Glancing around the room, a dark brown and light blue eye took in the details of the child's room, from the scattered toys to the clothes laying about. Somehow Zach always managed to make it look like a tornado tore through his room, no matter how much Ed cleaned it and sorted. It was amusing. Returning his gaze to the sleeping boy, he smiled and leaned over kissing his warm forehead.

Standing, he stretched and yawned tiptoeing out of the room and leaving the door open a crack. Moving sluggishly down the hall he jumped when a soft knocking sound reached his ears. 'Oh yeah!' He thought in mild panic. Eyes darting from wall to wall, he cursed. So much for trying to hide the evidence before Andrew came over. Biting his lower lip, he genuinely thought about just not answering and praying the other would give up and go home. Though tomorrow he'd have to beg for forgiveness, which really didn't matter to Ed, he didn't want to hurt the other male. Coming to a decision, he moved to the door took a breath, ran a hand through his rat's nest hair and he opened the door.
"Evening, Andrew!" Edmund greeted, voice as warm as he could get it.

Andrew had to take a few breaths in while he waited for the door to be opened. Maybe I came too late. I should probably leave... he thought as the door opened and a smile instantly slid along his lips.

"Long time no see huh?" Andrew said playing and he raised a curious eyebrow. "I didn't come too late did I? I apologize if I did..." He paused as he noticed the drawing on the wall behind Edmund and he couldn't help but chuckle softly. "What a beautiful drawing by the way." He said in a joking tone before he pulled his notes out of his book bag and looked back to Ed.

"I know you said you had a sick family member, so I can always leave you my notes instead and we can study another day?" Andrew didn't want to be a bother especially since Edmund seemed to be tired and the apartment was quiet.

Edmund glanced over his shoulder at the drawing and chuckled, before looking back at Andrew and giving a shrug. "What can I say? I'm an artist," he teased right back, some of his tiredness fading. Gazing at the notes he hummed in thought. As tempting as studying another time sounded... His grades needed help now. So, stepping back and aside slightly, he motioned for Andrew to enter.

"As nice as waiting sounds... I really need to study sooner rather than later," he said with a dramatic sigh. "Of course, if you are too tired it seriously can wait." The last thing Edmund wanted was to push Andrew t do something when he was exhausted.

"As long as you're fine too study right now, I am too." He said with a small smile stepping into the apartment once Edmund let him. Andrew was surprised by the amount of children's items in the home but maybe Edmund cared for a younger sibling. It wasn't unusual in this day and age. Andrew wouldn't ask about it or point it out however since he didn't want to call attention to something Edmund may not want to talk about.

"What's the hardest thing for you in science?" Andrew asked, wondering if they would be starting from the beginning or if it was just a particular area. Andrew loved science so it would be easy enough for him to help the other pass the upcoming test.

Edmund hummed and motioned for the other male to follow, before leading him to the kitchen. "First, want anything to drink? Eat?" he asked, voice warm as he turned and leaned against the kitchen counter facing his friend and tutor. "Oh, also. Everything. I need help with everything," voice now a tad bit sheepish. Shaking his head, Ed turned and opened the cabinets. Sippy cups were in front of the regular glasses and he pushed them aside.
"I've got soda and juice. Water too," he offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back