• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern title goes here

digital witness

isn't that a little derivative?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

superthumb.jpg
superthumb.jpg
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
poly.italic.png

antro-vectra.bolder.png

──────────────────────────── » » » ────────────────────────────x

x
x
x

D!!!E!!!M!!!E!!!T!!!R!!!I!!!A
"!!!d!!!!!!!!!e!!!!!!!!!m!!!!!!!!!i!!!"
S!!!!T!!!!R!!!!A!!!!U!!!!S!!!!S
───────────
24 • bisexual • waitress
5'6 • 125lbs
click here for full profile

fe3ae4918b3795115b7dd4689233a992.jpg

x

zazie_by_hippogryphfeather-dcdt4ca.gif
x

sybil
❝ billie ❞
booker
25 - homosexual - student
5'7 - 141lbs - esfp-a - sanguine

charismatic - jokester - confident - social
flirty - boyish - defensive - confrontational
blunt - careless - opportunistic - chaotic

large.jpg

DxxxxxExxxxxMxxxxxI
tumblr_pbx9bkqFoD1qj22yno2_1280.png

on your knees when you look at me
i'm dressed like a fucking queen
and you're begging " please . . . "
i'll get you lost, but i'm having fun

tumblr_pbx9bkqFoD1qj22yno1_1280.png

tina-kunakey-mets-pas-limites.jpg

wordxxcount ;; 962

nikolas
"I'm gonna grab us some drinks. I'll catch up with you." A low bass rumbled through the space and Demi's fingers squeezed twice around her boyfriend's hand to signal his attention as her gaze flitted from him to the kitchen area where empty cups and various drinks lined the countertops. She knew she wouldn't feel up to braving the crowd once they found somewhere comfortable to settle and that it'd make for a long night without something to dull her senses; so she decided it in her best interest not to waste any time as the two of them weaved their way through the small crowd that lingered in the entryway together. "A'ight, babe. I'll have whatever you having." Niko nodded and his hand pulled away from where his fingers had been entangled with her own to place a coaxing touch against the small of her back before he set off in the opposite direction toward the main room.

She grabbed four bottles in total - a wine cooler for herself and something imported for her boyfriend - and held two necks in each hand as she weaved her way into the living room, dodging her fellow party-goers with limited skill as a number of them threatened to back into her resulting in a number of near-misses as she tried to avoid making a mess of her outfit or of the floor as she carried the bottles back to her boyfriend. She sidestepped suddenly when a man stumbled and pushed rather abruptly into her shoulder, nearly causing her to collide with another woman with an overfilled cup held precariously in each hand.

"Whoa - watch your step, babe..." her first thought was that the woman was attractive - very attractive - and her second was that she wanted the hell out of this crowd. She mouthed her apology, lifting a bottle-clad hand in a submissive gesture, and took one last look at the stranger before she set her sights on finding Niko. He was lounging comfortably upon one of the couches with two of his friends who Demi recognized from similar parties they'd attended in the past and she gave the beer to him before she placed the extra drinks near his feet and took her place under the crook of his arm. "Next time you get the drinks..."

It was hardly twenty minutes later when Demi had taken to scanning the crowd in a half-interested fashion while Nikolas indulged himself in a conversation with his friends that didn't involve her. It was hardly more interesting than the dull conversation she found herself quite literally stuck in the middle of and she was in the process of pulling her attention back onto her boyfriend when she spotted a woman across the room - the same woman she'd nearly run into shortly after she'd arrived. She was accompanied by another woman - that explained the second drink - and her intentions were obvious even from this distance as she lured her closer with gentle touches and an undeniably charismatic smile. Demi eventually pried her gaze away and let her eyes wander the space, but found her attention returning to the brunette without fail as she continued to watch her with a subtle intrigue.

Niko and his friends had all but faded away and their voices melted into an incomprehensible series of low hums as she took to studying the other brunette from a distance until a hand gripped gently at her shoulder. "...Ain't that right, baby?" She was quick to wipe the confusion that had her eyebrows tugging together and offered a disconnected smile and laugh in response to the question. "Yeah, totally..." she answered, unaware of what she was actually agreeing to, and struggled to mask the pang of disappointment that had settled in her gut when her gaze returned to its previous spot to find that the woman was gone.

"...I think I'm gonna step outside for a smoke," she announced just as absently, dulling Niko's confusion as she let her fingertips scratch against the scruff of his beard and placed a careful kiss against the side of his jaw.

The summer heat had dulled considerably since the sun had gone down and the evening air felt satisfyingly crisp against her skin as she stepped onto the back patio overlooking the pool. A few other people were already scattered about, undoubtedly to escape the chaos of the growing crowd inside, and chatted quietly amongst themselves while Demi fished her cigarettes and her lighter out of her pocket. The box had been crushed against her thigh after she'd shoved it into her jean pocket earlier that afternoon and she pressed the cardboard flat as she wedged it back in after she'd propped a cigarette between her lips.

She turned her back to the wind - it was a gentle breeze, but her lighter had been acting up lately - and flicked fruitlessly at the ignition wheel. "Come on..." she grumbled around the cigarette that still sat between her lips and the corners of her mouth pulled down into a frustrated frown when she managed little more than a few sparks. "Goddammit..."

She was ready to pluck the unlit cigarette from her lips when her frustration was met with a lighter being wordlessly offered out to her. Her gaze lifted, eyes following the path of the stranger's arm, and something inside of her twisted and fluttered when she saw that it was the woman from earlier. She didn't let herself stare for more than a second before she pinched the cigarette between her forefinger and thumb and leaned toward where the woman was holding it, already lit, for her. "Bad habit," she admitted with a smile, blowing away the initial weak puff of smoke after she'd gotten it lit. "Thanks for the light."

Last edited:

billieeeeeeee.png
B xxx I xxx L xxx L xxx I xxx E
─────────────────────
people always told me
be careful of what you do
and don't go around
breaking young girls' hearts

─────────────────────
tumblr_petaetkriC1qaeuuzo1_540.gif

wordxxcount ;; 680
Parties were definitely Billie’s thing: if not for the booze, then for the cute girls and occasionally the shadier substances going around. She’d been dragged along with Tish and Isaiah this time, and although the place initially didn’t seem to have the sort of vibe that she preferred when it came to parties, she easily managed to find her pace in the crowded, stuffy house.

…’Ey, Bill, that one chick’s here again,” Isa leaned towards her, elbowing her in the side and wordlessly gestured to a figure across the room, temporarily obscured by the many, many bodies in her line of sight, until the people parted like the Red Sea and Billie automatically began to walk in that direction. She’d seen her a couple times before at parties, always managed to slip out of Billie’s grasp whenever she attempted anything – much to Billie’s frustration – and showed just enough interest to keep her coming back, but remained distant enough to make her try harder. Part of her had wanted to give up, but she couldn’t let another opportunity slide, so she picked up two full cups of some undetermined liquid and started in the direction of the girl.

She barely managed two steps until someone bumped into her, and her gaze ripped itself away from the figure who was still somehow a whole room away from her – met another gaze as she sidestepped, careful not to spill the drinks. “Whoa, watch your step there, babe,” she managed, before taking a step back and allowing the other woman to pass her by, before continuing her route.

How this girl enjoyed playing hard-to-get. Despite how her lack of shown interest was getting on Billie’s nerves, she kept trying, pulling out everything she could to charm her and create that spark of want within her that she was so expertly able to ignite. But, despite everything, the response that she was hoping for never came and she stepped aside sedately when the brunette excused herself to go to the bathroom, and Billie took the opportunity to move outside for a smoke.

She’d just barely managed to sit down on the concrete steps and light her cigarette when the door was swinging open behind her again. The figure that emerged was one she recognized from her near-hit less than twenty minutes ago, and she watched, amusedly, for a few moments as she messed with her lighter and huffed out a few frustrated words. Without saying a word, Billie rose to her legs again, the click of her own lighter attracting the girl’s attention as she held the flame out to her and propped her own cigarette between her lips. She held it there for a moment, using her free hand to hold the pocket of her bomberjacket open for a moment as she slid the lighter back in. “Hmm-mm,” she nodded vaguely, blowing out a cloud of smoke after she’d taken the cigarette from her lips again and lowered herself down once more onto the steps.

You here alone?” She muttered between hits, eyes away from the brunette as she looked at the small crowd a few dozen feet away from both of them, on the patio. There was a brief silence between them, and she turned slightly as there was no answer for a moment, finding the girl’s gaze with her own and shrugging. “Think my date just bailed on me.” She popped her lips in thought, teeth digging in them as she realized the girl wouldn’t come back from the bathroom – it’d just been an excuse to leave – and leaned forward, elbows resting on her knees as she toyed absently with one of the rings she was wearing. “But, ya know-” she only turned briefly to look at the other girl again, who’d been quietly listening, and her gaze worked down the length of her legs for a moment, “no big deal.” Her lips curled into a playful, suggestive grin that spread into a sparkle in her eyes as her gaze met the other girl’s again. “Plenty of other cute chicks here tonight.

Last edited:

large.jpg

DxxxxxExxxxxMxxxxxI

wordxxcount ;; 832

nikolas
Demi straightened herself out and took a long, much needed drag from her cigarette. The heat caressed the back of her throat as it made its way down to her lungs where it pooled until she exhaled, blowing a line of smoke into the air between them. Her eyes followed curiously while the woman moved to sit at the top of the steps and she followed, burdening most of her weight onto the nearby railing as she claimed her spot nearby. She intentionally averted the woman's question. She wasn't technically here alone, but she and Niko's situation was, well... complicated and she didn't feel like getting into it. The brunette noted her silence but didn't seem fazed or offended by it as she moved straight into her next point of conversation, telling her that her date - the woman from inside - had stiffed her.

"Mm," Demi hummed, gaze dipping down to where the woman was sitting, "That's a shame." She found it hard to imagine what could prompt a person to ditch someone who seemed to be so effortlessly charismatic but came to the swift conclusion that the other woman's loss was her gain. She seemed like an fun conversationist and was already guaranteed to be more entertaining than whatever was waiting for her on the couch inside with Niko and his friends, so she found herself in no hurry to finish her cigarette and made herself comfortable against the wooden railing as she slouched back against it.

She determined it nearly impossible to prevent the smile that came to her lips in response to the brunette's own and she found herself automatically mirroring the woman's gesture. The brunette's gaze held a spark of mischievousness as she twisted the focus of the conversation away from her failed date and onto an opportunity to direct a subtle, flirtatious comment in Demi's direction. She was endearing, she'd give her that, but she opted not to give into her so easily and maintained a calm composure about herself as she swapped roles with the brunette and made the first move to be the one who changed the focus this time around.

"What's your type?" She questioned without explanation, noting the confused furrow that had settled between the woman's eyebrows. "I got nowhere better to be; I'll help get you hooked up with someone new," she explained with a shrug as if this were some normal everyday occurrence. "But first..." she plucked the cigarette from between her own lips and held it between her forefinger and thumb. "You got anything stronger than this?"

The brunette, as it turned out, did have something stronger and the pair made their way down to the pool where they sat near the water's edge. Demi abruptly shifted and turned away from the brunette as her second long drag from the blunt had the brunette reaching out and playfully accusing her of hogging it. "Mm-mm. I don't work for free, baby," she grinned, holding the smoke deep within her lungs before finally handing it over. "Alright, so what you into? -- No, no, don't tell me. I got this." She returned her attention to the small spattering of people who populated the patio area and set her focus on an attractive brunette. "Hm, she's cute... but maybe not your type..." She let her gaze wander, gripping blindly at the woman's forearm when she spotted one she thought might fit her taste. "Ooh, I got it. How 'bout that one over there? See her?" She pointed past the crowd and her shoulders slouched when the woman claimed to have tried her luck on her in the past but she didn't let it discourage her. "How 'bout overalls there? She's kinda cute." She wiggled her eyebrows, plucking the joint from between the other woman's fingers.

The woman's answer largely echoed her first and Demi made no attempt to hide her utter disbelief this time around. "Are you fuckin--" She mumbled after holding the brunette's gaze long enough to determine that she was not, in fact, kidding her.

"A'ight, I got it now." She declared shortly after and her gaze paused on a blonde-haired girl in a form-fitting white crop top and a pair of cut off jean shorts who was very obviously pretending to be drunker than she actually was in front of a group of men and someone who, in the short time that she'd spent with the brunette, she could safely assume wasn't the type of woman she went for. "How 'bout that one?" She could do little to hold back a snicker as her hand found the woman's shoulder and she tried (poorly) to direct her gaze toward the blonde through her own heightened amusement. "She's so your type. You'd look so cute together." She nudged playfully against her shoulder, grinning.

"Forreal though," she let her hand drop away from the brunette's shoulder. "Is there anyone you haven't hooked up with? Because I feel like you set me up for failure here."

Last edited:

billieeeeeeee-png.510006

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 654
She couldn’t draw much of a response from the girl, and had accepted her fate of being stuck with Tish all night, who’d definitely got to go home hooked under the arm of some dude, when she broke the silence again. Billie only raised a questioning eyebrow for a moment, not sure what sort of turn the conversation was taking – but interested nonetheless – as her gaze met the other girl’s, seeking explanation. It followed quickly, and a similar grin as before spread over the corners of her mouth, and she nodded briefly when the brunette requested something stronger than cigarettes. She dug through her pocket for a moment before pulling out a ziplock bag with two blunts in them, and held them up to show them to her before following her to the edge of the pool.

Billie pulled her legs up, knees a foot apart and elbows leaning on them as she propped a blunt between her lips and lit it, letting out a few short puffs of smoke before she found it properly lit and took a drag. She was about to answer the girl’s question when she interrupted her, told her not to answer, and Billie watched amusedly as her gaze made a circle around the space, resting briefly on each of the girls that shared the outdoor patio with them.

Already done her. Was kind of a bitch afterward.” Billie shrugged, popping the blunt between her lips again and taking a long drag – the smoke already settling a light haze in her mind – as her eyes followed the brunette’s gaze to the next one. “Her too. Had a boyfriend, though. 'Had to fistfight the dude.” She barely managed to put the blunt between her lips again before the brunette was snatching it from her, and Billie only managed a quick, thrown off glance to the side before she was speaking up again.

Nope. Ya don’t wanna know how many of these chicks are dying to get a piece of this,” she grinned, gesturing vaguely to herself, completely satisfied with the boosted ego that came with the compliment of having shared a bed with so many girls. She followed the brunette’s gaze with her own, eyes falling on a prissy, pink-booty shorts wearing blonde a couple dozen feet away from them who was obviously trying to flirt up a storm with a friend group. She rolled her eyes, but couldn’t suppress the grin that threatened to curl her lips when the brunette, in response to her expression, snickered and poked her against her side. “Yeah, sure, girl. Whatever.

Her gaze moved up, trying to gauge whether she was seriously asking her this – and setting herself up perfectly for Billie’s quick-thinking response – before she leaned back, hands flat against the tiles as she put her weight on them. “Well, yeah,” she began, smirking as the brunette still hadn’t realized what she talked herself into, “…’n judgin’ by all this I think she’s into me, too.” She watched for a moment as the confusion on the other girl’s face turned into something else; difficult to gauge, but she felt as if she had the right response either way, so she leaned a little closer and reached up to brush a lock of curly hair away from the side of her face.

Anyway,” she pulled away just as easily, intentionally cutting it short as not to make things awkward between them, which was really the last thing she wanted, and played absently with the zipper on her bomber jacket for a moment. “Yeah, I did rail most of the chicks here. They all fell for my natural charm,” she grinned, but dropped the smile just as quick. “And for the record, I ain’t a hoe. Girl just gotta take what she gets, aight? I’m just, uh, doomed to flirt with every chick I lay my eyes on. Can’t say I get turned down often.

large.jpg

DxxxxxExxxxxMxxxxxI

wordxxcount ;; 544

nikolas
The intent of the brunette's words were lost on Demi until the implication of her hardly subtle suggestion clicked in her mind and she was left scrambling to mask the initial surprise that had threatened to give her away. Her gaze lifted to meet the woman's and the corners of her mouth twitched into a shy smile when she lifted her hand to brush a stray lock of hair away from her face, the anticipation alone enough to leave her frozen in place. She found it in herself to release the shallow breath she'd been holding when the brunette finally pulled away and she propped the joint between her lips to mask her disconcerted state.

"Doomed, huh?" Demi smirked, unable to deny the fact that the woman did have a certain charm about her. Her outward confidence, something that Demi would've found to be a nearly intolerable quality in most men, had an allure to it coming from her. "Girl, you're something else." She shook her head, taking another long drag before handing the joint back to the brunette and leaning back. Her palms pressed themselves flat against the ground as she burdened most of her weight onto her arms and she let her gaze drag slowly over the woman's features, quietly studying her. "Is that what this is, too?" She asked following a short spell of silence, shortly after realizing that she'd require some clarification, and an amused curiosity danced across her features. "You playin' your cards just right?"

She reached out, gently plucking the joint from between the brunette's fingers, and maintained a comfortable amount of eye contact as she brought it to her lips. "I mean... I ain't judging you... seeing as every other girl here seems to already be accounted for and, uh, how'd you say it? A girl just gotta take what she can get." She exhaled a thin line of smoke, maintaining a stoic expression until her face broke out into a broad, cheeky grin.

"I'm just playing with you," she lifted her free hand, briefly touching the woman's shoulder, and dropped it between them, noting how it came to fall just beside the brunette's. Her thoughts flicked briefly to Niko, who was undoubtedly still waiting for her on the couch where she left him, but she quickly expelled him from her mind as she let her fingers inch closer until their tips were just barely brushing against the side of the other woman's pinky.

The touch, while subtle, had a flutter of excitement working through Demi's stomach and her heart seemed to thump ever so harder in her chest as the contact sent a pleasant shiver up her arm. She let her gaze drop, watching their hands and avoiding the satisfied smirk that was surely etched into the brunette's face by now, and gently ghosted the tip of her index finger along the length of her pinky as her eyes followed in a lazy, entranced state, aided by the effects of the weed that she'd smoked. She'd fallen right into her charms and while she should've been frustrated with herself for giving in so easily after she'd played herself off as so coy, all she really wanted was to spend more time in the other woman's company.

billieeeeeeee-png.510006

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 538
lmao literally the worst reply ive ever written
Hmm-mm,” Billie nodded slowly, taking her eyes off the other brunette and allowing them to make a wide circle around what little groups were scattered outside with them, spattering the oversized backyard with conversation, laughter, and cigarette smoke. She popped the blunt between her lips, taking a long drag and smirking as she blew out the smoke. “It’s a gift.” Her gaze moved back to the other girl sharing her space when she caught sight of the quiet, focused expression on her face and the way her eyes seemed to be glued to Billie’s face. “Maybe it is,” Billie shrugged, smirking. “Don’t hear you complainin’.

There was a brief spell of silence between them, and Billie could feel her ego grow exponentially when the brunette didn’t respond – in a way agreeing with what had been said. “She does, girl. Is a tough men’s world. Ya gotta fight for your part.” She shrugged again when the brunette instead brushed it off, her own expression breaking into a grin when she caught sight of the brunette’s contagious one. She couldn’t deny that she had a charm about her, but Billie knew better than to let it get too far right away.

It was only when the brunette’s fingers met her own that she allowed herself to bask in the knowledge that once more, she’d managed to make someone else want her – the gesture was simple, but she could feel the tension between them even without looking at the brunette. It was an ego-boost above all, one that was just as addictive as adrenaline and that had her keep coming back to flirt with the next girl; she saw no problem in not settling down with one. Why choose when she could have all of them? And yeah, maybe she was a player. But judging by the way she’d managed to elicit it from the other girl, effortlessly, she couldn’t say it wasn’t successful.

Hmm, you after somethin’?” Billie smirked, leaning back against her hands but never moving her hand from where it rested underneath the girl’s slow, even attentions. “I got a quiet place… ya can come with. What’cha say?” She turned towards her, sensing the immediate bolt of tension that sparked between them the moment she allowed their gazes to connect. “Is not far from here.

The moment she moved to get up, to extend a hand towards the brunette to see what she’d say about seeing where all of this was going, there was a distinct whooping noise from the front of the house. A police cruiser siren that was intermittently turned on. Billie shot up, tightening her bomberjacket across her body, and shrugged, though the grin on her lips remained. “Sorry, girl. Gotta bounce. See you around.” She winked at her, before stuffing her hands into the pockets of her jacket and striding to the far end of the backyard, where she vaulted easily over the high wooden fence. Only when she cut through the narrow thicket behind the house, back to the main road, did a familiar car show up.

Billie! Jesus, we been looking for you. Them cops were all over the place tonight. Think they lookin’ to make a bust. …Where were you at?

large.jpg

DxxxxxExxxxxMxxxxxI

wordxxcount ;; 744

nikolas
Demi's breath hitched when the brunette broke through the calm silence that had settled between them. She didn't respond, her heart climbing into her throat, and though the logical part of her knew that she couldn't possibly leave with this woman with Niko waiting for her inside, she simply couldn't find it in herself to say no. Her mind was left floundering, juggling the ethics of the situation at hand, and she only seemed to snap back into reality when a flash of blue lights flared from over the fence and the other brunette sprung to her feet.

A panicked roar had overcome the small crowd that still lingered outside and Demi managed to lift herself onto her own legs just as joints were being stubbed out and drinks were being dumped into the grass with haste. Her eyes found their way back to the woman just as she was saying her goodbye. Wait - she wanted to say, but her mind was scattered and far too overstimulated to form the word on time and she only watched as the woman strode away and vaulted herself over the fence with relative ease - I never got your name...

"Party's over. Pack it up." A firm, masculine voice called over the crowd just as Demi was stepping inside. She blinked against the beam of their flashlights and lifted the back of her hand to her face to block out the light. "Let's go, people." She'd been following the stream of the crowd when a hand grabbed at her elbow and pulled her aside.

"There you are," Niko's arm curled around her back where his hand came to rest in the dip of her waist as he guided her forward. "You were gone half an hour. What were you doing out there?" Demi's mind instantly went back to the brunette and to the offer she'd nearly accepted, but she spoke nothing of it and offered him little more than a shrug. "I just needed some air." He was skeptic, that much she could tell in the few seconds that passed until he spoke again, but he decided not to question it any further. "Sean and some of the guys are coming over next weekend to hang and have some drinks. You in?" Demi paused, unable to expel the idea of how differently things might be right now if it were the brunette she was leaving with instead, but ultimately nodded. "Yeah, baby, I'm down."

Between school and her shifts at the restaurant the week seemed to pass in the blink of an eye, and before she knew it she was in Niko's bedroom changing out of her uniform while he waited for his friends to show up. "Who all's coming tonight?" She called through the open doorway as she was pulling a shirt - a black, loose-fitting semi crop top - over her head. "Uh, Sean, Mike, Isaiah -" Demi paused, running through a mental list of Niko's friends who she was familiar with. "Isaiah? Do I know him?" There was a brief hesitation from the other room. "No, I don't think so. We ran in the same circle back in high school. He needed a ride, so he's bringing his friend Bill with him. I never met him either."

She tugged at the waistline of her jeans until everything fit comfortably in place and stepped into the kitchen to grab a drink - beer wouldn't have been her first choice, but it was all Niko had, so she settled - from the fridge. "Oomph," Niko grunted playfully from behind as she was bent over in front of the fridge. "That will never get old." She hid her amusement but Niko saw straight through it and grinned as he coaxed her toward him, drink in hand, after she'd closed the refrigerator door. He made her face him, a hand resting on either side of her hips, and pulled her closer to him, never losing that smug grin. "Do you, uh..." his eyes dipped down suggestively, "do you wanna get me one of those, too?" He nodded toward the beer in her hand and she rolled her eyes, pushing playfully at his chest until he let her go.

"This close," she stepped backward toward the living room, bringing her index finger and thumb less than an inch apart, still grinning. "You were this close." She sunk down onto the couch, preparing herself for his inevitable comeback, when there was a knock at the door.

billieeeeeeee-png.510006

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 761
Eh, ya friends’re always so boring, Isa. Ya better hope they got some booze.

Billie frowned, visibly, as she slipped behind the wheel of Tish’s black sedan, followed by Isa moving into the passenger seat. He’d needed a ride, as far as she knew, to a friend’s house; but he hadn’t considered how he was going to get there until the previous night. In a hurry, he’d texted Billie, who had agreed half-heartedly and consequently looked up where this guy’s house was at, and only found that it was on the opposite side of town, a little ways away from anything that she might find interesting to do in the meantime. When she’d brought it up to Isa, he’d already texted his friend to let him know Billie was coming along, so Billie had begrudgingly agreed to hang out with them.

Eh, Niko’s cool. Dunno much about his girl, but she ain’t hard on the eyes at least.” Billie’s eyes flicked briefly to him as he spoke, before she fastened her seatbelt and turned the key in the ignition. “Guess we find out.” “Guess we will.

They hit traffic on the way there, much more than Billie had counted on, and eventually ran a good twenty minutes late. Isaiah had taken to tapping his hand rhythmically against the handle of the car door, to the irritation of Billie, who could hear the noise even over the music that was playing through the car’s speakers. “Stop that shit.” “We gonna miss the game, Bill!” She raised an eyebrow, glanced over from where her gaze was glued to the cars in front of them, inching along the highway. “What game?” “The basketball game. Ya know, the whole reason we goin’?

Aw, nah, dude. I ain’t gonna sit around that shit. Why ain’t you tell me this before I drive you to the middle of butt-fucking nowhere?” She frowned, chewing on her lip. Hopefully she could find something else to do. “Ya lazy ass didn’t ask!” “Whatever, man. I ain’t gonna run around babysitting yo ass. Ya better ask if one of those bros can drive your ass home ‘cause Imma leave you there after one beer.

They didn’t talk much more after that, the mood spoiled by Billie’s distaste towards live basketball games, and they completed the trip in silence. Only when they approached the right neighborhood did Isa give her a few final instructions to find the right house, pulling up to the curb next to a number of other cars, twenty-five minutes after their initial, hopeful, time of arrival. “Ya comin’ in?” Billie nodded, unclasping her seatbelt and pushing the car door open. “One beer.

The guy that opened the door wasn’t one that Billie recognized, but, judging by Isa’s response, wasn’t the guy they were visiting. “Ey, Mike. We miss anything yet?” “Nah, man. The game hasn’t started yet. That’s in, like, an hour.” He led the way into the house, towards the bustle of conversation in the living room where he pushed the door open and stepped into the empty space. Billie followed close behind Isa, who sheepishly grinned at the guy in the middle of the couch. “Sorry we late. Traffic or somethin’.” She stepped into the room shortly after, gaze connecting with each of the men in the room – and the singular woman, who she immediately recognized from that night at the party. Coincidence much? She grinned, stopped herself from winking at her when she realized she was tucked underneath the arm of the guy Isa was talking to, and elbowed him into the side. “Oh,” he immediately gathered himself, “this’s Bill… -ie. Billie.

Sup?

The guys instantly fell into easy conversation even as Billie found her spot on the narrow couch next to Isaiah, lounging back against the back of the couch and sipping sparingly at her beer. Despite the situation, she found her gaze drifting back to the other woman occasionally, eyes holding a dash of interest and a light sparkle of mischief when she realized what they’d been up to at the party previously – how willing she had made her to come elsewhere with her, even when she was so obviously dating this guy. “Eh, Bill?” “Uh, what?” She was pulled out of her haze when Isa addressed her directly, and found five sets of gazes on her. “You a mechanic.” There was a silence for a moment, and she raised an eyebrow. “Yea, and?” “Niko’s askin’ if you can look at his girl’s car sometime today.” She leaned back again, shrugging lightly. “Sure.

large.jpg

DxxxxxExxxxxMxxxxxI

wordxxcount ;; 858

nikolas
Demi was halfway through her first drink when there was a noise at the door followed by a playful banter between Niko and an instantly recognizable voice. Sean was the joker of the group. He was lively, animated, and had a knack for breathing life into even the dullest of parties; he could be a handful, but he was fun to have around. The two men wrapped up their chatter and Demi cast a curious glance over the back of the couch at the sound of approaching footsteps only to be greeted by a broad, radiant grin from Sean.

"Girl, you still ain't left this loser?!" His mischievous grin displayed no signs of faltering as he swung himself around the side of the couch with ease and plopped down smoothly into the space directly beside Demi. "Man, shut the fuck up!" Niko shouted from the kitchen, but neither of them paid him any attention as he stretched his arm across the back of the couch just above her shoulders and turned slightly in his place to face her. "You know if you, uh... ever get tired of this asshole... You know where to find me." He sucked at his bottom lip in a gesture that was supposed to be alluring but that achieved little more than eliciting a rise (and not the kind he was looking for) out of Demi that had her fighting not to crack a smile.

"You're cute." A bubble of laughter snuck past her facade at the idea that he'd forcibly planted in her mind and she gripped lightly at his knee before patting the top of it.

"Wait. Why you laughin'? - Niko, why's she laughin' at me?" His concern seemed genuine, but he was met with no sympathy from either party as Niko approached from the kitchen. "'Cause you're making a damn joke of yourself. Get the fuck off my couch." He swatted at the back of Sean's head from behind the couch until the other man was skittering onto the recliner nearby, grinning all the while, and Niko reclaimed his spot at his girlfriend's side.

Demi had made herself comfortable under the crook of Niko's arm when Mike made his entrance a short time later and settled into a half-curled position against her boyfriend's side by the time there was a third knock at the door. Mike answered it, making a pit stop in the kitchen to get himself another drink, and Demi watched curiously as a third, less familiar man stepped into the living room. She smiled a simple greeting at him before her gaze pulled away, attracted by a nearby movement, and the figure she crossed glances with had her stomach twisting into knots. She shifted against Niko's side, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable, and straightened herself out a bit. It was obvious that the brunette - Billie as she'd just been introduced as by her friend - recognized her from that night at the party and Demi wanted nothing more than to be able to curl up and disappear at the realization that she'd have to exist with this woman and Niko in the same room for the rest of the afternoon.

Her initial discomfort had begun to settle and even though she caught herself stealing a few glances in Billie's direction, and Billie in hers, the two didn't exchange much more than that until a quiet conversation between Niko and his friend had Isaiah addressing Billie directly. She listened, equally curious as to where he was going with this, and felt a flash of warmth spread across her cheeks when he asked if she could take a look at her car. "She doesn't have to do that," she elbowed Niko in the side, "I'll just take it to the shop." She clenched her jaw slightly, embarrassed by the prospect of ruining this woman's evening out by making her work on her car, but relaxed slightly when the brunette seemed unbothered by it.

It was an hour later before they were heading outside together, prompted by Niko's suggestion that it'd be dark soon enough, and Demi waited until the brunette had lifted herself from the couch to follow. "Hey, Demi," Niko piped up from the couch, eyes glued to the television. "You wanna grab me another drink from the fridge while you up?" She rolled her eyes, moved to the kitchen, and grabbed a beer from the fridge. "You have legs," she announced, popping the cap with the opener fastened to the bottom of the kitchen cabinet, "get it yourself." She took a swig from the bottle, smirking to herself, and scooped her keys from the bowl near the door. She felt a pang of discomfort settling within her as they stepped through the front door - alone - and she cast a quick glance in the woman's direction. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to, you know." She provided her with an out all while avoiding the subject of their time together at the party. "I've just been putting off taking it to the shop and Niko promised me he'd look at it... and, well, that shit ain't happenin'."

billieeeeeeee-png.510006

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 800
gayyyyyyyy
Nah, girl, ya good.” Billie leaned back against the couch, tucking her foot underneath her thigh as she rested her elbows onto the backrest. Her posture, in the comfort that she could find on another man’s couch, was broad, taking up space, implying her own physical confidence and even getting Isaiah to scoot over slightly from where he’d been sitting. It wasn’t uncommon for Billie to take up her space, to be present; she’d always had a natural confidence over her that allowed her to feel wholly unimpeded by emanating her own physical presence. It had its perks; on one side, it attracted girls, especially those who knew what they wanted and liked a partner who also knew what she wanted, and on the other, it repelled men who could read immediately off Billie’s posture that she wouldn’t easily back down from a fight.

During the time that she was there, sharing the space with Isaiah, his friends, and the so far unnamed girl, Billie found her eyes straying to the guy far more often than to her. She observed him quietly, this Niko dude that Isa had told her about, attempting to determine what pulled this girl towards him – what it was that he and Billie had evidently in common. He didn’t seem to take notice of her absent glances, of the way she wasn’t necessarily involved in the conversation, so she continued her quiet watching game and eventually noticed his equal, if not stronger, display of confidence with his girl tucked under his arm. Her eyes found his face, then hers, and eventually tore themselves away from the pair as she focused on Isaiah.

It’s gonna be dark soon. Maybe you girls wanna take a look at the ride before then?” Billie’s gaze was pulled back onto him when he broke the brief silence between them, and she shrugged, allowing half a nod, and consequently became grateful for the way out when Isa sprung up and announced the game was about to start. Her gaze followed as the girl – addressed as Demi – stood up from the couch, wordlessly implying Billie to follow, and she stood as well, gesturing vaguely for her to lead the way. They made a quick pit stop at the fridge as Demi got herself another beer and they stepped outside, towards the nearby garage. “Aw, nah. Favor for a cute girl,” Billie grinned, then dropped the tension when she figured the girl might not be as willing to continue their flirty antics if her boyfriend was three rooms away.

Aight. So wha’s wrong with it?” She listened quietly as the brunette delved into the details of the issue with her car, opening the hood halfway through, and taking a quick peek inside as her voice eventually fell silent. “Aight. Lemme, uh… mess around in there for a bit.” She considered pushing up the sleeves of her bomberjacket for a moment, but she didn’t want to get grease stains on there and it was warm enough in the late summer sun, so she simply slipped it off her shoulders and dropped it on a stack of crates nearby, leaving her in a tank top. “Do y’all have like, tools?

Aight, yeah. I think this’s the problem.” She rummaged around in the engine, wrist-deep between the parts, and eventually wedged out a mostly worn-down wire from the depths of the engine. “Needs replacement. I can do, like, a temp fix. But y’all are gonna have to get a replacement in, like, a couple days.

She nodded when Demi told her to do the temporary fix, and waited patiently when the brunette left to retrieve some items Billie said she’d need, eventually returning to her with the necessary things. “You know, about the party…” Billie grimaced briefly as she wrestled her hands into the engine once more to start the process of fixing up the wire. “Ah, nah. You don’t wanna talk ‘bout it, tha’s cool with me.” There was a brief silence, and Billie pulled on the part, muscles straining and bulging before it eventually sprung free. “That all’s in the past.” She shrugged, putting the last few bits in place before stepping away and wiping her greasy hands on the rag that she was provided with. “Aight. That should do it. If it don’t work, hit me up and I’ll see what I can do at the shop.” She beckoned the brunette closer for a moment, before reaching out and taking the half-empty bottle of beer from her. “Lemme get a sip of that.

Only when the brunette didn’t necessarily step away, remaining just a little close to her, did the smirk appear on Billie’s lips again. “So,” she puffed her chest out a bit, handing the bottle back over to her, “what’d I win?

large.jpg

DxxxxxExxxxxMxxxxxI

wordxxcount ;; 743

A subtle warmth radiated against Demi's cheeks as Billie delved right back into her flirtatious ways just as soon as they were free of the mens' presence. She seemed to drop it just as quickly - both to Demi's appreciation and disappointment, however minimally - and went right down to business when they stepped foot in the garage. Demi plunged into the issues that she'd been having with her car and observed while the other woman popped the hood and took a quick peek inside. Her descriptors, straying just about as far away from technical terms as one possibly could, seemed to register in Billie's mind as the woman gave a nod and agreed to take a closer look inside to, hopefully, locate the cause of the problem.

She lingered nearby, fingers curled loosely around the neck of her beer bottle, and she let her gaze follow somewhat lazily while Billie paused, seemed to consider something, and finally let her jacket fall off of her shoulders. Demi's gaze worked briefly over the curve of her chest, which was no longer hidden beneath her jacket, but she ultimately settled on the defined bulge of her biceps and something twisted inside of her. It took her a moment to respond when the woman spoke, but she eventually nodded, forcing herself out of the trance that she'd been pulled into. "Uh, yeah, I'm sure Niko's got some layin' around here somewhere..." She answered in response to Billie's question as to whether or not they had any tools, and briefly searched through the garage before bringing her a toolbox full.

She watched, completely captivated despite her disdain for anything mechanical, and tore her gaze away from the woman's straining muscles just as she emerged holding a partially-frayed wire. She nodded at the explanation that the wire, which, in her mind, appeared far too small to be causing such an issue, was the culprit, and agreed to let her proceed with the temporary fix.

Demi rummaged through the garage for a number of items that Billie had requested and her mind travelled back to their previous encounter in the meantime, briefly flicking back to Niko and feeling a slight pang of guilt at her obvious ongoing attraction toward the other woman, before she returned to her. She'd been high... and bored, that's what she'd tell her. This wouldn't - couldn't - go any further than that. She hesitated, gaze connecting with the brunette's. "You know, about the party..." she chewed down on her lip before handing over the items, but was stopped before she could delve much further into the subject by Billie, who immediately brushed it off. She paused, briefly considering squeezing a word in, but ultimately decided against it when it was declared that it was "all in the past".

It didn't take long for Billie to rig together a temporary fix for the wire, and she wordlessly complied when the woman beckoned her closer after she'd finished wiping the grease from her hands. She handed her the bottle without protest and subconsciously remained close to her after she'd done so, something that Billie instantly picked up on and used to her own advantage. Demi grinned, fingers wrapping back around the bottle after Billie had taken a swig, and rolled her eyes. "You are relentless." She took a step back, jutting her thumb in the direction of the house and pinched her eyebrows together in question. "I got a man. You saw him in there, right?" She let her expression soften, making way for another amused grin as she gave the woman a subtle look-over. "You cute though, I'll give you that."

She didn't stick around for long - she didn't want to give her that satisfaction - but she turned just as she reached the edge of the garage to beckon the woman to join her. "You want a smoke?" She fished her pack from her pocket, displaying it to the other woman, and leaned against the trunk of Niko's car, which was parked in the driveway, as she handed the pack to Billie and lit up her own. "So what do you do for fun?" She questioned out of curiosity, blowing a line of smoke away from the brunette before letting her gaze find her again. "I'm guessing you aren't here to watch the game." She grinned, propping her elbow against the top of the trunk, and subtly let her eyes work up the length of the other woman's torso.

Last edited:

billieeeeeeee-png.510006

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 698
Billie grinned, effortlessly moving closer to the other brunette as she commented on her flirting, and gave a light shrug. “Yeah.” She wasn’t too bothered by the brunette’s obvious boyfriend, as she pointed out; judging by the way Demi hadn’t entirely stepped away or avoided her when she’d made her initial move and still wasn’t completely abhorred by her obvious interest, she wasn’t entirely opposed to it either. She showed maybe just a little bit of interest, but that combined with their mutual flirting from the party and the fact that she didn’t immediately shoved Billie off her told her enough.

Yea, and?” Billie grinned, leaning back against the wall even as Demi stood still close to her. “I ain’t seein’ him right now.” With her casually thrown compliment, Billie felt her chest swell with pride and set another step in the brunette’s direction when she eventually moved out of her space. She kept her jacket off as she followed her outside, taking the package of cigarettes from her and wedging one out from the package before handing it back to her. She then produced a lighter from her butt pocket, propped the cigarette between her lips, and, shielding it from the wind as she thumbed at her lighter and lit it.

Nah,” she muttered, cigarette still propped between her lips and only taking it out to talk when she’d successfully slid the lighter back into the pocket of her tight, skinny jeans, “don’t like basketball.” She shrugged, blowing out the smoke from the first hit, and leaned back against the wall of the garage, folding her free arm over the other’s elbow as she allowed her gaze to connect with Demi’s. “Jus’ dropping off Isa. Wasn’t planning on stayin’, but, ya know… doin’ some other shit now apparently.” She grinned again, allowing the brunette to look her up and down – once more puffing her chest out in what could be categorized as pride and confidence in her own appearance – and raising a questioning eyebrow when their gazes connected again, almost expecting a response as to what she’d found.

Instead, the subject shifted, and they danced around each other for a few more moments until the conversation once more gravitated to the party where they’d met. She was tempted to give in to the desire to flirt with her again, but realized soon enough that if this girl was interested – and she seemed so – that Billie could get much more out of it to play hard-to-get for a little bit. It was always the best to rile them up from the inside before showing anything pertaining to wanting to take them home, and although Billie had already taken that opportunity at the party, she could try to set it right. “Nah. Y’all are together and stuff, I get it. ‘S no big deal.” She shrugged, hiding her amusement at how honest her own words sounded behind a cigarette, and shoved her free hand into her pocket. “Was fun for a night but, ya know. There’s always other girls on my path.

She shot her another wink when they eventually left, and didn’t think much of her throughout the two weeks that followed. She worked and stayed at home the rest of the time, until Tish eventually made her meet up with her at a nearby diner. Billie pulled up twenty minutes later, hauled herself out of the car – her arms tired from a long day of work – and walked inside. Tish was already there, and without paying much attention to her surroundings, Billie plopped down on the couch across from her, raising an eyebrow at Tish’s curious glance. “What?” The other brunette leaned closer, and Billie sent her a puzzled glance. “Ain’t that Niko’s girl, working here?

Billie barely had the chance to register the words in her mind before a familiar figure appeared next to her table; her gaze shot up, confused for a moment, before her face broke out in a smug grin when she realized who it was. “Sup.” Tish gave her a strange look, and leaned back, opening her mouth to order when Billie broke in again. “Bottomless coffee. For two.And your number.

large.jpg

DxxxxxExxxxxMxxxxxI

wordxxcount ;; 974

i hate this one!
"I'm sorry to do this to you, but I have bad news."

Those certainly weren't the words Demi wanted to hear with two hours left on her shift. Still, she retained an aura of calm about her as she stood upright from where she'd been replenishing the sugar packets on one of the tables and turned to face her manager, Stacy, whose facial expression told her that she had something eating away at the back of her mind. "What's up?" A shallow crease had since formed between her eyebrows and she watched with a curious interest as the woman considered what she was going to say.

"My husband called and Liam isn't feeling well. He's freaking out - you know how men are... and I've gotta head home for the night before all hell breaks loose. Do you think you could handle closing up on your own? I don't know what else to do." Her raw desperation was enough for her to earn Demi's sympathy and the younger woman required almost no time before she was agreeing to help. "Yeah, of course. I can handle it." Stacy released a heavy breath at her words, some of her tension falling off of her shoulders as her face gradually began to relax. "Oh, you're the best. Alright, here are the keys. The rear door should be locked but just go ahead and double check it before you head out for the night. I was handling table three, but she's waiting on someone to show up, and--"

"Stac, I've got it covered. Go do what you need to do." Demi took the keys from out of her hand and slid them into the pocket of her dress. The woman took a moment to consider but ultimately came to agree, fishing her car keys from her pocket and nodding. "Thank you. Thank you. I owe you." She stepped backward before she turned toward the door and Demi waved, a gentle, sympathetic smile playing on her lips. "Tell Liam I hope he feels better."

It was a slow evening, something she was sure she'd be grateful for even if it meant she wouldn't be making much in the way of tips, and she gradually made her rounds between the few customers who were peppered around the diner. She refilled glasses, cleared empty plates, and was only making her way to table three when she noticed a second body seated in the booth when her gaze came upon her newest customer and her lips flitted into a smile of instant recognition. Billie. What were the odds? She pressed her apron straight against the waist of her dress and moved toward her, notepad in hand, and her faint, amused smile only grew when Billie's gaze met her own, grinning herself. "You following me now?"

"You got it." She nodded after Billie ordered coffee for two and flashed a quick, acknowledging smile to the second woman who occupied the booth before she returned to the front of the restaurant to collect one of the freshly-brewed pots of coffee.

With a steaming pot and two mugs held carefully between both of her hands, she'd only made it half of the way back to her intended table when the sound of someone whistling for her attention had her jaw tightening. "Hey, hun!" She kept her face straight despite the way that her eyes were begging to roll into the back of her head and forced a smile before she turned. "I'll be with you in just a minute, sir." He muttered something that she didn't quite catch - nor did she care, really - and she flashed a knowing look to the two women as she placed the mugs onto their table alongside the coffee carafe. Her lips pulled into a half-playful, strained smile that screamed "kill me" as she turned and started for the man's table.

"Sorry about that. What can I get for you?"

"I'll start with some coffee and a glass of water on the side." His gaze lifted from the dessert card he'd been looking at but failed to stray much higher than her chest.

"Coming right up." The corners of her mouth pulled into a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes (not that he would've noticed anyway) and his eyes worked their way up just in time to catch her gaze, and wink, as she was turning away from him. "Thanks, honey."

Customers gradually began to filter out of the restaurant as the night came to a close until, eventually, all that remained were Billie, her friend, a couple of teenagers who were gathering to leave, and the creep at the bar. Billie's friend was the next to go and, after giving a quick reminder to the man that she'd be closing up in approximately ten minutes, she made her way to Billie's side of the diner. "You know you can make coffee just as good at home," she teased, looking at the cup of coffee she still seemed to be nursing, and leaned into the edge of the table adjacent to hers. Her gaze only broke away briefly at the sight of movement from the corner of her eye and, much to her own relief, she watched as the man dropped a fistful of coins and crumpled bills onto the counter and pushed through the front door. She didn't comment on it, certain that her relief was written on her face, and she watched as the brunette gathered her jacket from the seat beside her. "It was nice seeing you again," she slid her fingers into one of her pockets and smiled. "I'll catch you around."

They shared a brief exchange, Billie's contagious smile mirrored onto Demi's face, and she moved immediately into the process of closing the restaurant for the night after the woman had pushed through the doors.

billieeeeeeee-png.510006

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 696
billie is the true mvp
Billie’s gaze followed as Demi took their order and walked away, her eyes momentarily stuck on the swing of the other brunette’s hips before Tish pulled her out of her moment. “You flirting with taken girls now? She got a boyfriend, Bill.” Billie’s gaze ripped away from Demi’s ass when Tish called her out, and her confused expression quickly changed into a judgmental frown when she realized what Tish was saying. “Girl, you sleepin’ with them taken guys all the time.” Tish shrugged, leaned back against the seat. “They know what they gettin’ into. You just gettin’ this girl in trouble with her man ‘cause you wanna get laid?” “Man, Tish, you hypocritical.

Tish left the subject there, but obviously disapproved when Billie shot a smug smirk in Demi’s direction when she came back to their table. Her gaze followed when, instead of the knowing smile she was used to, she got a painful, faked grin back, and her eyes trailed after Demi when she moved away from the table and towards the guy that was sitting at the bar. With a clenched jaw, she took note of the way he seemed to stare at her, preying on her, almost. She kept a loose eye on the both of them while she remained in her booth with Tish, the hours slowly ticking past before Tish eventually got up to leave.

You comin’?” Billie chewed her lip briefly, staring back out to the bar as she sat sideways against the backrest. “Uh, nah. I, uh, gotta talk to her real quick.” Tish popped her lips, disapproval written all over her features, but she didn’t mention it, only shrugged. “Okay. Talk to you later.” Billie gave her a light wave before Tish disappeared through the door, and her gaze flicked from her friend to the man near the bar. Only when a familiar person approached her table did she tear her eyes away.

Oh, nah. I don’t have one’a them fancy coffee maker things.” Billie shrugged, fingers trailing the handle of the mug, but her eyes remained glued up to Demi’s once they found hers. Only when something shifted in Demi’s eyes did she tear them away from her, just briefly enough to watch the man get up from his seat and walk through the doors. Billie immediately lost some tension in her shoulders, and with a low sigh, she finished off her coffee and picked her jacket up from the seat next to her. “Aight. See ya later.

With her jacket wrapped tightly around her chest, Billie stepped outside, gaze immediately searching for the man that just left the premises. She’d gotten an uncomfortable feeling from the way he’d been watching Demi, and, if anything, she wanted to make sure he actually left and didn’t just wait for her to come out to corner her in such a vulnerable moment. But, as her gaze scanned the parking lot briefly, she couldn’t find him – neither did any cars leave in the short period of time that she stood out there. She thought that she caught a glimpse of someone near one of the cars, possibly in the driver’s seat – with all the lights off, which was suspicious in an on itself – and, instead of walking to her own car, she produced a pack of cigarettes from her pocket and lit one.

Only a few minutes after she’d left the restaurant did Demi come through the doors, seemingly surprised to see Billie still there. “Creepo guy’s waitin’ for you to leave. Imma walk you to your car.” The moment they walked towards one of the few remaining cars in the parking lot, the one that Billie had thought to see someone in turned on, the lights briefly blinding both of them, and it pulled out of the lot quickly. “Aight. Be sure he ain’t followin’ you home.” She quickly produced a piece of paper and a pen from one of her pockets, and scribbled a series of numbers along with her name on it, before handing it to the other woman. “Gimme a call if you think he followin’ you. Imma wait in my car ‘till you’re done, aight?

large.jpg

DxxxxxExxxxxMxxxxxI

wordxxcount ;; 1,043

It'd been a slow evening and Demi had easily kept up with keeping the restaurant clean; so when closing time finally rolled around it wasn't much longer after the last customers had left that she was able to lock up for the night and head home herself. She said her goodnight to the cook, securing the door behind him after he'd exited through the rear door to the back lot where his car was parked, and grabbed her purse and jacket from her manager's office before giving the place a final look over. Feeling satisfied that she'd done a sufficient enough job closing down for the morning shift to get off to a good start, she folded her jacket over her arm and moved through the first set of glass doors, locking them behind her.

She'd been distracted as she'd pushed through the second set, searching for the corresponding key on the ring that Stacy had given her, and her heart jolted in her chest when she was surprised to find someone waiting outside. Not just someone - Billie. Her confusion must've been written on her face and the other woman moved into a nonchalant explanation that had goosebumps running down Demi's arms as she turned from where she'd been locking the door behind her. A quiet "what?" was all she could manage, feeling suddenly vulnerable despite the woman's presence, and her eyes searched the mostly-empty lot for any sign of the man who Billie claimed had been waiting for her without luck.

It was only after they'd stepped onto the asphalt that a pair of headlights flicked on and the beams had her blinking against the light, straining to see until the car eventually peeled out of the parking lot. She ran her hand against her bare bicep, overcome with a subtle sinking feeling at the hypothetical what if had Billie not been at the right place at exactly the right time, and she nodded when the other woman handed her a piece of paper with her number on it - just in case. "I will," she nodded again when Billie told her to call her if she felt like she was being followed, and held her jacket a little tighter against her body when she told her she'd wait for her to leave before she did so herself - a gesture that she deeply appreciated. "Thank you." She tucked the paper between her fingers and pulled at her car door, beginning to relax only after she'd moved into the driver's seat and locked the doors.

Her feeling of security was quickly fleeting, however, after she turned the key in the ignition and the engine rattled and strained but ultimately failed to turn over. "Uhh..." she rolled her window down and found that Billie had already done the same in her own car. "You know how you said I needed to get that part replaced in, like, a couple of days?" She scrunched her nose, embarrassed, "...I might've forgotten to do that."

The other brunette didn't display an ounce of hesitation before she was climbing out of her car to help. She tried the engine a few times herself without any luck and ultimately offered to drive her home herself. Demi gathered the necessities from her own car before she was slipping into the passenger seat of Billie's and clicked her tongue in thought. "Can you drop me off at Niko's? I'll need a ride in the morning anyway, so there's no use in going all the way home now." She went over some vague directions again to jog Billie's memory and relaxed against the seat, her mind eventually flicking back to the man from the restaurant. "Thanks for sticking around back there." She lolled her head to the side, eyes moving lazily against the brunette's profile through the darkness. "He's in there all the time, and, I mean, he's weird with the waitresses sometimes, but I never thought nothin' of it."

Her eyes had begun to grow heavy during the drive, but she found herself becoming more alert as Billie rounded the final corners and the scenery outside, however dark, began to grow more familiar. She turned her head, curious as to when she might see the other woman again when something potentially relevant that her boyfriend had told her came to mind. "Niko told me he's tryna to get some of the guys together to check out a new club that's opening up downtown on the first of the month." She started, searching for a spark of recognition on the other woman's face that never come. "You and your friend planning on being there?" She found her lips pulling into the beginnings of a smile at the vaguely elusive (yet slightly encouraging) response that she received from the woman.

She gathered her things into her lap when Billie turned onto Niko's street and something - not quite positive or negative - stirred in her stomach when she saw a second car in the driveway. "Hm," she hummed, noticing none of the lights seemed to be on inside, and prepared herself for the potentially awkward situation that was to come. It wasn't unusual for him to have visitors when she wasn't around (he hadn't accounted for her coming to his house tonight, after all); it was a mutual agreement between the two of them, though clearly more beneficiary on his end, and she rarely felt one way or another towards it... although she rarely had to face the product of it face to face; then again there was a first for everything.

"I really appreciate you driving me all the way out here," she gave Billie a tired but genuine smile. "I owe you one." She fished her keys out of her pocket, gathering her things before she pulled at the handle and stepped outside. "You should come," she lingered in the open door, leaning against the car's frame, "to the club, I mean." She clarified, flashing a smile before she gripped at the door to push it shut. "Think about it. I'll see ya, Billie." She waved, keys in hand, and cut through the grass to the front door, prepared for a night spent on the couch after she'd - hopefully - managed a change of clothes.

Last edited:

billieeeeeeee-png.510006

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 604
Billie stood there, in the now-empty parking lot, watching for a moment as Demi took the paper from her and nodded, seemingly thankful for Billie’s protective measures to ensure she got home safely. The other brunette moved into her car, and Billie only then turned to do the same thing. She left the engine off, only looking to pull out once Demi had driven away, but was caught off guard when, instead of rumbling like a normal engine, Demi’s car sputtered and rattled for a few moments before dying down. She rolled her window down, watching as the brunette followed her example and she raised a questioning eyebrow; one that faded relatively soon when she explained what the issue was.

When even Billie couldn’t get the car started, she decided to fall back on more direct measures. “Imma drive you home. C’mon.” She slid behind the wheel in her own car again, watching as Demi moved into the passenger’s seat, and turned the key in the engine, which rumbled for a bit before moving into a low, even hum. “Yea, I gotchu.” It only took Billie a few vaguely described directions to know where she was going, and she smoothly pulled out of her parking space and back onto the road. There was a momentary silence between the two of them, only broken when Demi spoke up again. “Gotta stick out for each other.” She muttered, not taking her eyes off the road, before giving a light shrug. “There be creepin’ dudes everywhere all the time. He come back to the diner, you gimme a call.

Most of the drive passed in silence, and Billie only took her eyes off the road a few times to look at Demi, make sure she was still comfortable in the seat next to her. “Depends on Isa. He got time, we be there.” She tried to play herself off as cool, as not too eager to accept her offer just yet, but found herself grinning nonetheless, her smug smirk slightly obscured by the darkness that surrounded them, only occasionally broken by the yellow cones of the street lights.

She eventually pulled over on the curb next to the house she’d been at not a week earlier, leaning sideways against the seat of the car as she watched as Demi gathered her stuff and got ready to leave. “Is no big deal,” she shrugged, blinking slowly but unable to suppress the smile that came to her lips. “Aight. See ya.

Isa had, as she later found out, already gotten said invitation from Niko and cleared his schedule to go there; it only took Billie a few moments to hint at her wanting to come before he extended the invitation to her. Despite how they left on time, they seemed to have a knack for being late and got there nearly thirty minutes after the time they said they’d meet. After receiving a thorough pat-down at the doors – to Billie’s disgruntlement – by one of the guards, Isa led the two of them through the club, weaving between tables before eventually spotting Niko a few dozen feet off to the side. “’Ey, what’s happenin’?

Billie barely looked at the guys, though she recognized them from the meetup at Niko’s house, and only nodded vaguely in Niko’s direction before sending a very obvious wink to Demi, who was tucked under his arm, and plopped down on the empty couch across from them. “Yeah, what’s happenin’? Did y’all get that car fixed?” Billie grinned, before shaking her head and shrugging. “Creepy guy ever come back? D’ya need me to kick his ass?

large.jpg

DxxxxxExxxxxMxxxxxI

wordxxcount ;; 737

niko
Demi's unexpected drop-in had been, well, uncomfortable to say the least; even in her effort to remain as quiet as possible, her movements throughout the house hadn't gone undetected by Niko, who emerged from the bedroom to investigate the noise shortly after Billie had dropped her off. Her arrival had signaled an abrupt end to his date and he apologetically ushered the woman from the bedroom out to her car while Demi kept herself to the kitchen, hidden from immediate view. He met her moments later with a look that quite obviously sought the explanation that she'd yet to provide to him, but remained entirely devoid of anger or frustration. If anything, he looked concerned as to what could've prompted her to show up on his doorstep completely unannounced at such a late hour.

She explained, mentioning that "Isaiah's friend, Billie" had been at the diner when her car had acted up and that she'd hitched a ride with her. He'd sighed, tugged at his beard in thought, and shot a text to a friend of his whose uncle owned a towing company. "They gonna pick it up in the morning," he announced moments later, shrugging when he decided that he'd have to show up late for work to give her a ride to the repair shop.

Nearly $500 later she was back in business with a (mostly) fully functioning vehicle. She'd picked up extra shifts where she could and tacked on long hours at the restaurant to pay off the bill; so when the first of the month rolled around and she was due for a night out with Niko and his friends, she was grateful for an evening away from work.

The club was absolutely swimming with people and the music from the DJ's booth made it hard to hear each other, but it beat the dull hum of conversation and the artificial lighting that she'd been exposed to at the restaurant all week. She relaxed against the back of the leather couch, tucked comfortably under Niko's arm, and steadily nursed her drink, looking to pace herself for a relaxed evening rather than an excuse to get drunk. She'd all but forgotten about the invitation that she'd extended to Billie until, almost an hour later, she arrived with Isaiah and claimed her spot on the couch directly opposite herself and Niko.

"We did, actually." She mirrored Billie's smile, more excited to see her than she would've cared to admit. "Wasn't cheap neither." Niko grumbled and she elbowed him lightly in the side, her gaze remaining comfortably fixed as the brunette transitioned into the subject of the man who'd been hitting on her at work the last time they'd seen each other. "No, actually, I think you scared him pretty good." She smiled, but it soon faded as she felt Niko shift and then stiffen against her side, obviously listening in as his concern became written all over his face. "Just some weird guy from the diner, don't worry about it." She explained with a shrug, but it didn't seem enough for him; it was almost as if he was compensating in front of Billie - more so than he usually did in front of his friends.

"Don't worry 'bout it? Some dude think he can harass my girl you can bet imma worry 'bout it. I needa make a trip out there and set his ass straight?" His grip on her became borderline-possessive, his sudden tenseness felt in his muscles against her. "Babe, it's fine," she moved, distancing herself ever so slightly from where she'd been pressed against him. "Billie took care of it." Her answer clearly didn't satisfy him, but it did succeed in silencing him as he gave a subtle "hmph" and turned his attention back to his friends.

His jealousy, as obvious as it was, did little to discourage Billie, who wasted no time in falling into her usual ways; Demi, while flattered by the attention she was receiving, found herself curving most of the woman's advances given her boyfriend's proximity to them. She managed to ward off the effects of the other woman's charm enough to offer a subtle, wordless explanation in the way of a nod in Niko's direction when the brunette's relentless flirting became too much and felt the wrinkle of a frown forming between her eyebrows when the woman shrugged, backed off, and eventually moved off of the couch.

billieeeeeeee-png.510006

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 677
Billie’s gaze flicked briefly between Demi and her boyfriend, though relatively more towards Demi, as she told her that the man hadn’t shown his face at the diner anymore. If he had, and if he had tried something again, Billie wouldn’t have been scared to approach and make sure he didn’t dare to come back anymore, but she was glad to hear that wasn’t necessary. Niko, however, didn’t catch the hint – maybe he was overcompensating for something? – and immediately fell into a short rant that seemed more pointed towards Billie than towards the source of Demi’s frustrations. She could see his jaw clench and his grip on her tighten, and while Billie remained relaxed back against the couch, he riled himself up.

Demi managed to calm him back down from his heated moment, and he grumbled something after she’d mentioned Billie and removed himself from the conversation. Billie’s gaze rested on him for a moment longer, out of sheer curiosity why he’d reacted so badly to her helping his girlfriend out, before shrugging to herself and glancing back over to Demi. She wanted to make a face, but chose not to, instead leaned a little closer and gave her a grin.

Knowing Niko wasn’t listening to them anymore, Billie shot some suggestive comments in Demi’s direction – for some reason she felt like she needed to one-up the man, and she found the best way to do that was by flirting with his girlfriend – attempting to coax any sort of response out of her of the kind that she’d gotten at the party a month or so before. She gave it her best, but despite her attempts, Demi’s responses weren’t the ones she was looking for. She could feel a light tension between them, one that was probably caused by her boyfriend’s sudden outburst, and despite her best efforts, it hung between them like a thickened atmosphere and Billie eventually focused her attentions away from Demi.

She’d initially only moved to the bar to pick up a new drink, but was practically ambushed there when someone slid into the seat next to her. It was a woman, about her age, with dark hair and a pale skin, grinning mischievously at her. Billie only offered a simple greeting, but they hit it off easily, and she found her much more willing to flirt back – unlike Demi – as their time together progressed. “I’m Alix.” Billie hummed, smile plastered over her face as she looked her up and down, and leaned back against the bar, drink in hand. “Hmm. Billie.” “So, Billie, what are you doing here all by yourself?

It was strange, in all honesty, to be flirted with so openly by someone who knew exactly what they wanted; usually it was Billie who initiated anything, but this girl had either no shame or a very clear goal. She went along with it, relatively charmed by her appearance and mannerisms, and only looked back at the couch where Demi was sitting once or twice. In both instances, she caught a flash of the brunette’s gaze, before it was gone again, and she shrugged it off relatively easily.

Imma go have a smoke. Be right back.” She stepped away from the bar, heading to the doors in the front of the club and intermingling relatively easily with the small group of people that were out there smoking as well, before finding a spot near the wall. She’d just barely lit her cigarette when another familiar person stepped through the doors and looked around briefly. For a moment she thought it was Alix, but it turned out to be Demi, who caught her gaze and walked over to where she was. Wordlessly, Billie handed over her lighter, remembering the issues Demi had had with her own at the party those weeks ago and slid it back in her pocket when she was done. “You havin’ a good night?” She wanted to add something about Niko, but chose not to in the end. “Sorry for disappearin’. Kinda got caught up with this chick.

large.jpg

DxxxxxExxxxxMxxxxxI

wordxxcount ;; 550

niko
Instantly becoming resentful of Niko's presence (justifiably or not...) in the absence of Billie's, Demi lifted her boyfriend's arm off of her shoulders and put a few inches of space between them on the couch. Billie had since found an open seat at the bar where she was almost instantly joined by another woman and Demi watched the pair with a subtle but curious interest as they began to hit it off. The stranger was tall, thin, and her obvious flirting had Demi's jaw growing tighter for reasons she couldn't quite place. She didn't understand her own reaction at first - she was in no way involved with Billie, after all - but found herself growing increasingly jealous nonetheless as their relentless flirting continued.

She caught and respectively averted the brunette's gaze a number of times until, finally, she tore her eyes away for good and half-assedly immersed herself back into the conversation with the guys. She only managed a few minutes of smiling along disinterestedly before she excused herself outside for a smoke. Niko offered to accompany her, his own gaze drifting toward the bar, but she politely declined before grabbing her jacket and walking outside.

A small crowd had gathered near the doors, seemingly with the same idea in mind, and Demi searched for an open spot before her gaze caught onto a familiar face. Billie. She didn't speak as she approached her, sliding a cigarette from her pack and tucking it between her lips. She accepted the lighter, clicking it a few times until it was lit. "The best." She responded sarcastically to Billie's inquiry as to how her night was going, but quickly found herself sighing as she moved to pinch the bridge of her nose between her eyebrows and started again. "Sorry... I'm not trying to give you an attitude," she clarified, bending her leg at the knee and hiking the sole of her shoe against the building's side. "I don't know, Niko's being weird about nothing and I'm over it." She shrugged, taking a hit from her cigarette and making no mention of the jealousy that she'd experienced in reaction to Billie's date at the bar. "And it's not like he has room to talk, y'know?" She wouldn't know, of course, but she didn't explain as she chose to drop the subject altogether and fell into a tense silence.

She finished her cigarette in a matter of minutes and rolled the butt of it between her forefinger and thumb. "She's pretty." Demi finally spoke, making a subtle nod in the direction of the building's interior, and took a final drag from what was left of her cigarette before smothering it against the brick. "Have a good night, Billie." She cast a lingering glance in her direction before she was pushing off of the wall and sifting back through the crowd. The dark-haired stranger still sat alone and waiting at the bar as she passed and beelined straight for Niko and his group of friends in the back.

"Hey," she sat down, her arm snaking itself over Niko's shoulders to grab his attention. "What's up?" He half-turned, his hand finding her side, and leaned in to listen over the sound of the music. "Do you think we could get out of here? I'm not feeling this anymore."

billieeeeeeee-png.510006

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 551
Billie only raised a questioning eyebrow at Demi’s harsh, sarcastic response to her genuine question, and watched with a vague amount of interest as the girl dropped her attitude and brushed it off to her boyfriend acting strange. She didn’t speak for a moment, only looked at her, and took another hit off her cigarette. “Boys, eh?” She shrugged briefly, stuffing her free hand into the pocket of her bomberjacket to keep it out of the breeze, and a loose grin flicked over her face, fading relatively quickly when Demi didn’t show any sign of budging.

She watched, low-key wondering what she’d done wrong, when Demi made a sideways comment about Alix and excused herself from the conversation. “Aight. See ya.

Billie went home with Alix that night, dragging herself out of bed the following morning and sharing only a few words with the girl, she got dressed and saw herself out. She’d paid little attention to the fact that Demi had seemed on edge, annoyed, and left early the night before, and it only crossed her mind briefly as she returned to her place and found Isa passed out on the couch.

She didn’t think much about Demi the weeks that followed, the suddenness of Demi’s leave at the club temporarily shattering what little relationship they’d built up and breaking Billie’s initial interest. Work built up and she found herself working longer days, spending most of her time at the shop working on whatever engine was presented to her, which left little time to ponder her romantic chases. Only when there was a small hole in her schedule did she manage to think about anything other than doing her job well.

It was another house party, and with Isa and Tish in tow, she found her way inside, briefly having a conversation with another girl who seemed less than interested in Billie’s advances. She tried her luck only a few times, before brushing off the idea of finding someone to flirt with, and having discarded of that, sunk back onto the couch next to Isa. “’Ey, Bill… ain’t that that girl from, uh… the club? Niko’s girl? Uh, Demi?” She followed his gaze, pleasantly surprised to find that it was indeed Demi on the far side of the room – Isaiah wasn’t good with faces, and half the time he barely remembered who anyone was. She hadn’t caught Billie’s gaze yet, and, remembering the abrupt leave she’d taken from the club those few weeks back, Billie shrugged it off and let the night progress without interruption.

She’d only gone outside to smoke for a brief second, finding the top of the fence around the front yard and leaning against it, bottle of booze in one hand and cigarette in the other. She didn’t look up when the door opened behind her again, figuring it was just about anyone, before a familiar voice broke the silence, and she turned. “Oh, hey. Sup?” Her hand automatically went into the pocket of her bomberjacket the moment she saw Demi’s package of cigarettes appear and she wordlessly handed it over to her. “Didn’t know y’all were hangin’ here tonight too.” She glanced behind them for a moment, half expecting Niko to follow right on Demi’s tail, but it was just them. “Where ya man at?

large.jpg

DxxxxxExxxxxMxxxxxI

wordxxcount ;; 784

Niko, while perplexed by his girlfriend's sudden and unexplained shift in mood, ultimately agreed to leave; grateful for his unquestioning cooperation, Demi collected her things, offered a semi-apologetic smile in the direction of his friends, and the couple brought their night to a premature close as they walked arm-in-arm toward the exit. She let her gaze flick to the bar only briefly, catching a glimpse of Billie and the unnamed brunette from behind, and the sight had something stir inside of her. She couldn't quite place the feeling, uncertain of its origins herself, and tore her eyes away without a word goodbye spoken to the other woman as she leaned more heavily into Niko's side and the pair pressed forward.

Weeks went by, and without any contact between herself and Billie and her guilt over how she'd left things slowly growing, Demi jumped at the opportunity when Niko announced another house party that he was interested in checking out that she was sure would attract a similar crowd, and, hopefully - Billie. She even went as far as to make plans to attend herself when Niko had to drop out last minute, inviting a friend to tag along with her instead.

They arrived before the party had had a chance to kick off and dropped the two cases of beer that they'd lugged along with them onto the kitchen counter before preparing a pair of drinks for themselves and venturing out into the main room to mingle with the small crowd that had begun to form there. Maya, who had agreed to spend the night at her side, had quickly fallen through on her promise and Demi found herself alone less than an hour into their time there when she ditched her to work her charm on some guy who'd been making eyes at her from across the room. Demi relaxed against the wall she'd been standing near and let her eyes scan the room. She could've sworn she spotted Isaiah situated on the couch and a flutter of excitement bubbled up inside of her at the thought that Billie might be close by, but her line of sight was obstructed by a rowdy group of men, and, as quickly as she'd spotted him, he seemed to disappear and she pushed the thought from her mind, putting it off to wishful thinking as she gathered herself to move outside for some air and a quick smoke.

She pushed through the front door and let it clatter shut behind her, working her fingers into the pocket of her jacket - it was a thin thing, worn to complete her outfit more than it was to ward off the cool breeze - as her gaze fell upon a familiar figure and she smiled. "Hey, Billie," she took the lighter that was offered to her and moved to lean against the railing next to her, shrugging her wordless response to the other woman's inquiry until she determined her cigarette to be sufficiently lit. "He couldn't make it," she leaned back against the railing, gaze dipping over the brunette. "So I came with a friend instead, but I... honestly have no idea where she went." She admitted, making a mental note to check up on Maya periodically throughout the night before she let her complete attention return to Billie.

"I think I owe you an apology," she broke through the brief silence that had settled between them as she recalled their last botched interaction. "I was kind of a bitch to you that night at the club..." she began, but quickly found herself being cut off by Billie, who brushed it off as nothing to fret over. She lifted her fingers to pluck her cigarette from her lips and respond when Billie's tone had that same tightening feeling returning to her gut - a tone that told her she hadn't gone home alone that night - and she let her fingers linger against her cigarette as she took a long drag and shrugged off her words as best she could despite their lingering sting. She really couldn't be angry at her for playing her cards just right; they weren't exclusive... hell, they could hardly call themselves acquaintances at this point, and besides, the brunette from the bar was nowhere to be found at the moment...

"So," she calmly pulled the bottle from between Billie's fingers and took a drink before handing it back to her. "What you up to tonight? I didn't see you inside." She let her elbows press against the edge of the railing, not unaware of the ways in which this meeting seemed to mirror their first, and flicked the ash from her cigarette over the side of the porch.

billieeeeeeee-png.510006

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 657
Hmm,” Billie grinned, leaning a little heavier into the railing with her elbows, “shame.” She wasn’t hiding the fact that she looked her up and down, openly checking her out, and was more amused by the absence of Demi’s boyfriend than she seemed to be. While she’d kind of written off Demi as any sort of partner since a little while ago, mostly because of Niko’s involvement and the way she seemed to cling to her boyfriend and be unwilling to try anything in his presence, she was now reconsidering her verdict, now that she saw how freely Demi – once more – behaved when her boyfriend wasn’t around. And while the sheer presence of a boyfriend might scare off anyone else who was trying to get into someone’s pants that night, Billie’s moral compass wasn’t as strong – or maybe it just pointed in the wrong direction – and she couldn’t get herself to care much about Demi’s romantic involvements.

She took another hit off her cigarette, the simple physical proximity between herself and the other woman enough to solidify Billie’s awareness of her sudden interest, and listened quietly, only breaking the silence to brush off Demi’s apology. “Oh, nah.” She shrugged, her attitude relaxed and comfortable in the other woman’s presence. “Not necessary. I, uh… had a good night, anyway.” Billie muttered, leaving what she was suggesting unspoken but knowing that Demi could put two and two together.

She couldn’t read people’s intentions, lies, or verbal implications very well, but she noticed their physical changes sooner; her eyes caught sight of the light tension that danced through Demi’s features for a moment, one that came to the surface through a tightness in her shoulders and a sudden, long drag off her cigarette that took a few seconds to come out before she blew the cloud of smoke into the dark summer sky. She couldn’t help the grin that settled on her lips, one that had her chest swell with satisfaction and pride in herself. The brief bout of jealousy that Demi seemed to experience made her even more determined to get her into bed.

Nah.” She shrugged, finger silently tracing the geometric tattoo on the back of her other hand as she exhaled the greyish smoke from her lungs. “Isa’s bitchin’ around and I didn’t wanna deal.” She shot her a toothy grin, shifting slightly against the railing as she turned sideways to look at Demi.

So, ‘d ya left ya man at home for me?” She grinned, delving straight into it; she’d never been one for dancing around the subject and usually thought that the slightly flustered state that she talked other girls into was cute, in a way, so she brought her flirtations and affections directly. She didn’t give her much of a chance to respond, either. “’Cause I’m flattered.” She leaned a little bit closer, fingers itching to touch the other woman, but deciding to hold back for now. Demi would come to her, she was sure, and it was better to let her wait, anyway. “And interested.

She took the bottle back from Demi, brought it to her own lips, and took a swig as she turned, leaning now with her lower back against the railing, watching the party through the window on the wall a few feet away from them. “’S almost like that first party. Hope the cops don’t show, though.” She shed her bomberjacket, and flexed her muscles habitually. She’d just barely hung the jacket over the railing next to her when she watched Demi move, and misstep, and her hands automatically shot out and grasped loosely at her waist to keep her from twisting her ankle and falling. “Damn, girl, dem heels’re somethin’.” Her hands remained loosely on either side of Demi’s waist as she helped her back on her feet, only reluctantly letting go and retracting her touch when she was sure she was back on her feet. “You okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back