• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Titans of the Lost World

Sir Avery Valencia
Stables

"Let's g-" his words were interrupted by someone standing idly by. The campaign was about to start now, and this guy was looking all clueless. Why wasn't he ready by now? He trotted over to him, still mounted. "Why aren't you on your mount?" Avery looked annoyed. "Unless you're looking to drop out of the campaign, you need to look alive and strap up. If you are dropping out, you need to exit the castle grounds immediately."

Grangrule Grangrule (Let's make this quick so we can set out)

"Eh.." Esther seems to be mistaken as part of the Titan Slaying unit, he can tell that the mounted large man is the leader of e unit, he thought of apologizing and just go on his way but, this might help him, he can't tell the Titan's strength and have no single information about their whereabouts so he'll just have to slip in "Ah...yes I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something" he said followed with a nervous laugh as he went in the stable and just get a random mount, a normal white horse, no other unique features, this horse doesn't look like it's about to kick him in the face so Esther chose it. Now at top of his mount, there's no turning back, this was his plan and now has to stick with it

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 (Got it)

Kai Takeshi
Kai looked at the person who just joined the group. He was growing tired of waiting and was hoping to set out so he can see the titan up close so he got a better grasp of what to come when he meets the titan of darkness. That was one his short term goals before killing the king. Kai looked around to notice if anyone was starring him down, he stayed in the back of the group away from everyone, but somewhat close to the kewan.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Grangrule Grangrule Elm Elm CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Book 1: SEMALA, NATURE'S WRATH
Mother Nature, the sole force driving every earth dwelling race on the planet, any and all living beings as well as the landscape, seas, and skies, put all of her emotions into a singular beast and told it to defend her everlasting legacy against any and every thing that attacks. This story is the battle against the mighty Semala, Titan of Nature.

Mission: Get to Kuflea; Slay Semala
Difficulty: Easy
Expected magic: Nature; Water
Unlocked Magic: None
Time: 1:00pm
Action: Departure for the Grand Campaign
Weather: 70°; Clear, Sunny
dc9fad78b35df39e9b3c59d45b5505a0.jpg
And so the Titan Slayers set out on the first leg of their journey to hopefully restimulate the world's agriculture industry and restore the Enchanted (but unblessed) Forests to their former glory, both by taking down the Nature Titan. Led by Sir Avery Valencia, the top knight in the kingdom, the convoy was half an organized highly trained group of warriors and the other half a group of volunteers who have different reasons for wanting to help all brought together under one goal: return the magic to the world.

A mass parade ensued as the convoy set out after the King's stunning proclamation while the convoy geared up to go. Despite the transgressions from the morning as well as the grim news of the King's upcoming resignation, the mood wasn't spoiled for too long as Goldilocks made her own speech to the crowd, showing her willingness to lead the country on a much brighter path and to showed her fearless warrior spirit as she announced that she would go under Sir Avery's wing and assist in taking down the Titans. Everyone cheered, prayed, cried and wished the brave warriors good luck, all under the reignited spark of good will, good booze, and festivities

Convoy
As the convoy left the gates and left the cheering voices and music behind, the grim nature of what they were about to do would start to sink in if it hasn't already. Kuflea's biggest obstacle was a range of mountains. Biggest obstacle, however, didn't mean only obstacle. For now though, how would the convoy get along with each other?

CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny
Elm Elm
Gohan510 Gohan510
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
Grangrule Grangrule
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf
@JohnEgbert

Last edited:
Kai Takeshi
Listening to the cheers of those who had hope for their "Heroes" Kai sat on his horse trying to ignore the taunts and the happiness around him. It was rather different for him, but this was the life he decided to live. The path of darkness would have to be put on halt as he had to do what he needed to do. Kai looked around the convoy as he sighed, he knew by some of the looks on their faces that they were scared. Most of them gave off that vibe on wanting to retreat based of their fear. Kai's horse snorted to gain his attention to alert him about the mountains. It would be impossible to reach the destination in five dies if you go around the mountains. Yet if you go through them horses wouldn't be the best of decisions either as it won't be easy for them to climb and go through many obstacles. Of course if there's a pathway it would help their situation, but that wasn't the case. Maybe he was over thinking it, yet one of the many thoughts that came up was how the others hold up. Kai obviously knew the Kewans could deal and that ice queen but what about everyone else? The new guy came late so Kai couldn't observe his abilities like he did the others. Staying silent and in the back still Kai analyzed all situations. Oh yet another thought! What beast dwell inside those rocky terrains?

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
Elm Elm
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf
@JohnEgbert
Grangrule Grangrule

Hananya Thirío
Hananya sighed as the convoy was about to set out, but her head erected at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. There seemed to be another in the unit. She did not pay too much attention as she then noticed that Kai had slunk up next to her. Flattening her ears against her head, burying them in her hair she watched him with her sapphire blue eyes. She did not like how interested he was in her business. She simply huffed as they then began to move out, trying to keep Zaynep from getting too close to the horses.

As there was a parade outside, wishing the group well, Hananya was disturbed by the amount of noise from the crowd. Despite their cheering, Hananya noticed that many either ceased their cheering or glared at her as their eyes set upon her. She could tell what they were thinking. They thought she was going to turn on the unit and kill them or something. And if she didn't, her mount would. She pulled the wine-red hood over her head to stop them staring. (Don't look at them, look ahead. Block them out.) she heard the tigresss' sassy voice within the growl she gave her. (Easy for you to say. Nobody's staring at you.) She huffed back before continuing to ride alongside the rest, her eyes set on the forests and plains on the horizon. She had every impulse to run off into the forest, back to her den where she knew she was safe. But she couldn't. She made a commitment and she had to honour it. Gohan510 Gohan510 Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Elm Elm CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny Grangrule Grangrule

The cheers of the people of Wakefield made Esther a bit uncomfortable but, he understands that this is the departure of future heroes "What the hell did I just joined?" he muttered as he looked at the individuals that joined the unit, he can feel both the uneasiness and fearlessness. He first took notice of the two demi-humans, A kewan and a corian, they seem to be experienced, next is the general of the unit, An armored knight with a razor shield, he can tell that he's extremely capable, Esther assumed the white haired girl as a spellcaster, and the Black haired elf, on second thought, it's a demon, he noticed his rugged hands implying that this guy practiced hand-to-hand combat. The hoofs of the mounts reverbrate on the stone bridge as he simply looked forward, the creatures might be different than those he encountered back in his kingdom but in the end it's his mission to slay the titans. To make sure no one noticed him, he follows the unit after the last 2 soldiers. Gohan510 Gohan510 Kylesar1 Kylesar1 CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny Elm Elm Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Silver Wolf Silver Wolf @JohnEgbert

As the convoy started to move along, Eira very nearly jumped at the sounds of people cheering out happily for them. She wasn't used to hearing such joy or praise, especially when she was involved with something; so needless to say, she was shocked but happy. The newcomer -Esther- didn't really put Eira off guard that much as there wasn't a problem with people joining in last minute. The more the merrier as some would say, although Eira did decide to linger closer between Sir Avery and Hananya since she was a little more comfortable with hanging around those two compared to everyone else. A part of Eira hoped the convoy would take a path she was familiar with, therefore she may be able to run back into groups of wandering mages such as herself and learn from them again. Either that or just help the convoy find areas to gather food, water, and set up camp. Until then, she silently followed behind Sir Avery, glancing around at her surroundings with a tiny smile on her face.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Gohan510 Gohan510 CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny Grangrule Grangrule

Ashlynn rode next to Avery as the went through the town. It was clear that she was not comfortable riding a horse. She came closer to Avery. "As soon as we are far enough away... I am walking... " she said. She would rather be on her feet on land than ride an animal.
She was enjoying the attention to an extent. She was never one to want all the attention, but being on the humans good side is always a plus.
She then smiled at an idea as they reached the kingdoms gates. "Hey Avery... When we get back I concoct ya a love potion... I know you've been having trouble... " she teased him like this when she was in the dungeon before the king saw her. Something to entertain her.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Ashlynn rode next to Avery as the went through the town. It was clear that she was not comfortable riding a horse. She came closer to Avery. "As soon as we are far enough away... I am walking... " she said. She would rather be on her feet on land than ride an animal.
She was enjoying the attention to an extent. She was never one to want all the attention, but being on the humans good side is always a plus.
She then smiled at an idea as they reached the kingdoms gates. "Hey Avery... When we get back I concoct ya a love potion... I know you've been having trouble... " she teased him like this when she was in the dungeon before the king saw her. Something to entertain her.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Convoy

The convoy was long. Avery was at the forefront. This meant he was sandwiched between Ashlynn and Goldilocks, who was riding on her grizzly bear juvenile simply named Baby Bear. This meant Eira was behind them obscured from view somewhat by 2 cavalry knights on armored horses. Hananya was behind them on the outside rank with Kai right beside her. An odd choice of position, given their relationship so far. Who knows what would happen though. Esther was in the back, but not exactly the caboose. Those were heavy units. The next town over would take them to about 10 pm, which meant Avery would give them a vote to shack up there for the night or continue on. This would be their last chance for a warm comfortable place to sleep

Sir Avery Valencia

"We can dismount at the next town over. I'll likely dismount as well." Even though these mounts were sufficiently trained in Cold Weather, If they had to go up mountains, Avery wouldn't risk his steed's life in the endeavor, and going around the mountains would net them another week of travel. Nope. There aren't many mounts that would survive the intense differentiation in climate across the country. Cold Weather training meant not a lot of Heat Training and vice versa. The only exception to that were cavalry horses. He'd dismount and get some Seraphs in that town to return on the mounts. Anyone who wanted to stay on their mount was welcome to.
Avery laughed at Ashlynn's sudden proposal. "So much to do, so little time for a personal life, Ashlynn. The lovely lady would have to be in arms for me to see her often." Avery rarely ever saw his home, often having to sleep either at the Seraph HQ or out in the field. The nature of both his work and his leadership granted him many a homeless night.
"Are you concerned about my lack of love life?" He decided to tease back. "Are you the one who wants to keep me company in these lonely nights?"

Goldilocks, on the other side of Avery, rolled her eyes. "Oh please, Avery, you can have any woman you want. A conversation about fighting doesn't conclude unless your name is brought up somewhere. We value the knightship." By that, she meant the Seraphs. Dark magic was usually seen as evil and taboo, but the Paladins have boosted the good regard for dark magic through the roof.

Elm Elm
Grangrule Grangrule
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
Gohan510 Gohan510

Ashlynn Blushed as he had suddenly said his come back. "Ha... Ha... V-verry funny..." She said a bit nervously before riding a bit to the side. Her heart bumped furiously. She never noticed it before, but her respect had formed into a crush.
Having had to take the leadership role in her kingdom, she had never had time to feel those emotions. Now being here, and in the dungeon for half a year, she has had nothing to keep her occupied from her emotions. "What the hell do I do!" She thought to herself. "Do I tell him... No, that may ruin his attention... But he is so amazing... And kind... And... and... Focus Ashlynn! Titans first... Love second... " she sighed as she concluded her thoughts and rode up to lead the convoy.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

A wry smile appeared on Esther's face as he saw General Avery is between two girls, guess that guy is still in his prime even today. Come to think of it, it has been a week since he hunted, he plans to ask General Avery but, it's not really a good time to do so. He checked his bag while riding and count each items he has "5 Mana Potions, 15 Contained Manas, Portable Cooking kit...I think that's about it, I should've sold these accessories back at Wakefield..." Esther closed his bag and the unit is still moving, it won't be long before setting up a camp. "Now...I wonder what will I have for dinner tonight?".

Hananya Thirío
Hananya sighed as the convoy was about to set out, but her head erected at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. There seemed to be another in the unit. She did not pay too much attention as she then noticed that Kai had slunk up next to her. Flattening her ears against her head, burying them in her hair she watched him with her sapphire blue eyes. She did not like how interested he was in her business. She simply huffed as they then began to move out, trying to keep Zaynep from getting too close to the horses.

As there was a parade outside, wishing the group well, Hananya was disturbed by the amount of noise from the crowd. Despite their cheering, Hananya noticed that many either ceased their cheering or glared at her as their eyes set upon her. She could tell what they were thinking. They thought she was going to turn on the unit and kill them or something. And if she didn't, her mount would. She pulled the wine-red hood over her head to stop them staring. (Don't look at them, look ahead. Block them out.) she heard the tigresss' sassy voice within the growl she gave her. (Easy for you to say. Nobody's staring at you.) She huffed back before continuing to ride alongside the rest, her eyes set on the forests and plains on the horizon. She had every impulse to run off into the forest, back to her den where she knew she was safe. But she couldn't. She made a commitment and she had to honour it. Gohan510 Gohan510 Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Elm Elm CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny Grangrule Grangrule
Kai Takeshi
Kai noticed the Kewan putting her hood on. “You’ll learn to ignore the stares sooner or later. People do that when they’ve realized that they’re weaker then you. Half of the soldiers here stare at me as if I was ready to kill them. If I had wanted to I would have already. They fear you because your differences and was influenced to hate you for the simple fact that something had to happen to the first person to interact with Kewan’s. I’m not a big fan of you either, but I understand what you’re going through.” Kai kept his hood on as NO ONE could see his facial expressions or facial appearance. “Take your hood off and embrace those who fear your beauty.” Kai wanted to help the Kewan out he felt bad because he knows how it feels to be discriminated. He was a half breed the churches would look at him funny too.

Sir Avery Valencia
Wakefield City Limits --------> Woodlands

He was about to tease her a bit further for blushing when his horse neighed, an alert. They were about to enter some woodlands, which would be normal for them, but this neigh was a bit louder than usual. No alternate paths seemed within time reach. "We're heading on in." he said in a low voice, his focus brought back. "Keep your eyes and ears about you. I'll dismount here." He got off his horse and pet her for a second. He drew his crossbow and led the convoy in.

The forest was modest, radiant, and primal. Its canopy was marked by crab apple, holly, and beech, and twinkling lights bursting through their crowns allowed for a diversity of ferns to consume the sloping and slanting ground below. Thin creepers suspended from every tree, and a range of flowers, which were unique to this region, looked almost out of place in the otherwise dark forest grounds.
A medley of wild sounds, which were caused by birds and vermin, reverberated through the air, and almost completely muffled the swaying of tree tops in the wind. This was a beautiful woodland, kept that way by eco-warriors. It was usually very peaceful and no one really went in there, due to the fact that there was so much wildlife to run into.........yet he got that uneasy feeling. His horse was his, raised by his own sole care. He knew his horse better than he knew himself. Animals had the ability to sense the supernatural. "Scout." he said simply. A couple of less armored footmen took off, some jumping in the trees. What was this feeling he was feeling? He couldn't pinpoint the feeling at all due to his lack of magic from the Dark Magic Seal.

Goldilocks sensed this in him and got off her bear. "Mama Bear?" The little bear disappeared and in a flash of white light, her hatchet grew into a battle axe and a shield formed on her back. "I don't know what this is, but I'll be prepared just in case." This was how she got her nickname, not so much her blonde hair as it was her ability. She loved wildlife and was always able to communicate with animals, but after saving a baby enchanted Grizzlybear from poachers, she won the gratitude of the bears and they bonded with her, offering her their power. Baby Bear was all about mobility, which granted her access to the small and fast Baby Bear as a mount and a bow to shoot. This was her least combative stance, more focused on speed and escape. Mama Bear was like a general knight. Sword and Shield. Most balanced stance. Papa Bear was about brutality and rage. Raw Berserker with no shield. The only issue was that changing stances used up all her mana, so she was stuck like this until she drained one of only 3 mana potions she had. Due to not being a mage, she was only allowed 3, instead of 6 like mages.
939a033d96134ccd188aa26a508da76c-jpg.381452
She made the executive decision to do this with no backup mount, so she was on foot for now on.

She walked beside Avery, just in case something appeared that he, with a crossbow, couldn't attack before whatever it was closed the gap.

Grangrule Grangrule
Elm Elm
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
Gohan510 Gohan510

Hananya Thirío
As they continued into the forest, Hananya looked at Kai as he mentioned she should take her hood down. She was about to reply when he then said she had "beauty". She simply rolled her eyes as she pulled the hood down, knowing he wouldnt leave her alone until she did so. "Hate that fecking story..." She grumbled under her breath. Marian had told her that story once and she made her swear to never tell it again. The beast was a human who was cursed? Load of rubbish... She came out of her thoughts as the convoy seemed to slow down as the leaders took caution up ahead. She frowned lightly as she got off of Zaynep. The Tigress shook her head a little but stayed put as Hananya growled at her not to stalk the horses and to follow her. (You're boring...) She growled but followed the Kewan obediently. She did not want to go in front of Ashlynn or Avery. But as she walked, she stopped short with her head up. She wished she could take in the beauty of the forest but she was distracted. Something seemed.... Off. She sniffed the air before frowning and dropping onto all fours as she moved around the area, her nose planted to the ground. She felt that something was not right... but what?
Grangrule Grangrule
Elm Elm
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Gohan510 Gohan510

Sir Avery Valencia
Woodlands

Suddenly, a great roar shattered their concentration. A beast jumped out of the trees and tackled Avery to the ground, going for his throat immediately. The beast had thick fur and sharp quills, which were bristling, razor sharp deer antlers, and teeth that rivaled something like a tiger. The beast was huge, heavy, grotesque, and very angry right now. Avery grabbed the beast by the horns and held it back, keeping it from ripping his head off. Screams and yells to get into battle position ensued and people started charging the beast. Goldilocks charged in, but its tail moved like it had a mind of its own, shooting quills at her. "Let's move, people! Seelia isn't playing games with us!" Seelia was the Ancient Goddess of nature, better known as Mother Nature.
maxresdefault.jpg

The entire forest got a darker vibe now, emotionally and literally. Even though it should still be about 2 pm and lightly cloudy, very little sunlight was getting through the forest right now. The trees were MUCH taller and much thicker, looking like a heavy forest instead of just woodlands. Avery felt the familiar feeling of Dark Magic being used in this forest, most likely emanating from the beast. On one hand, Avery was glad to feel it again after a year. On the other, the thing using it was currently trying to kill him at this very moment.

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
Elm Elm
@JohnEgbert
Gohan510 Gohan510
Grangrule Grangrule
(BTW, this is one of only a few times that you'll get a warning about encounters like this)

Ashlynns ears perked up as she sensed something in the woods. Her eyes darted back and forth as she hopped off her horse. With this sudden alertness she had momentarily forgotten her flustered state of mind. She was about to say something as the beast tackled Avery. She charged it as she studied it. "It's a Smortle..." She said as she started going into a Corian accent. The tooth necklace around her neck had a fang from one. "Dangerous... Position so it can not use it's quills to damage all of us at once!" she yelled as she tossed Goldilocks a vial of poison. "You have one shots worth of it on ya... It'll knock it out and make it vulnerable!"
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Esther wasn't able to really get a view from the back due to the roar which terrorizes the units, though with Genral Avery's command, they were able to get to their battle position, Esther thought that the roar seems familiar to him, he tries to see what's going on at the vanguard and saw something he knew back at his birthplace, but different. It's a variant, the one in his kingdom is had a bluish color and has no horns, the quills were also much thicker, maybe he can kill it with the same method as it's classified as a savage, but he would gather a lot of attention. Esther stayed at the back unless the battle isn't looking good at all, he might have to enter, besides the Smortle is vulnerable to magic.
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
Gohan510 Gohan510
Elm Elm
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

All of this was happening way too fast for Eira. First everything had been slow and calm only to now be in danger from whatever the hell this creature was. She quickly had to calm down her horse as the large beast scared the poor mare. A Smortle? Eira had never seen nor heard of this beast before, so all of this made her much more wary than normal. Hearing the name of the creature and nothing more, Eira was more curious about why this beast was so mad compared to anything else? Was the group embarking on its territory? Was this the mother trying to protect nearby babies? She didn't know. What she did know was that something needed to be done, but unsure of what exactly to do. Her ice magic wasn't good in crowds of people as others could get caught up in her path; Eira nervously biting her lip which unconsciously caused frost to form at her feet.

Suddenly Eira remembered the bow she picked up and scrambled for it; holding it in her hands and watching the etched in runes glow a soft blue color with a thin frosty mist circling the bow. Focusing her mana, Eira pulled back the string of the bow and an arrow made completely out of ice formed within it -her eyes widening at how easy the bow was to use, but also feeling how using a weapon like this could easily drain her of all her mana if she wasn't careful. Pulling the string back, she aimed the bow at the Smortle, hand shaking slightly as she didn't have a clean shot - not wanting to potentially hit Sir Avery, but she felt if she didn't so something, things may get worse. So all she could really do was sit there waiting for a shot to open up.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Gohan510 Gohan510 CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny Grangrule Grangrule

Last edited:
Kai Takeshi
Kai looked at the battle that broke out as he sighed sitting on his horse. He didn't bother to move nor did his horse did. The animal trusted it's new master. Kai shook his head as why Avery the leader of this convoy would allow himself to get into such danger. Something did spark Kai's attention about the beast attacking them though; the sense of Dark Magic flowing around, the feeling made Kai feel replenish. He hasn't felt such pleasure in a whole year. The last time he got a feel of dark magic was when he destroyed a very important church. The holy warriors didn't even stand a chance to his swift blows. Kai shook out of thought as he noticed Eira wanting to help. He chuckled to himself as he noticed her scramble for a bow. He shook his head still posted on his horse till someone mentioned him that Avery had cried to get into battle positions. Kai stepped off his steed as he looked at the man who screamed at him. A red glare came from the hood as Kai's face was still covered with darkness as the hood covered it quite well. Kai's red eye scared the guy to the point he screamed. Kai's eye turned back to blue as his attention rested back onto the beast. Kai sighed watching the battle break out. Keeping Hakai close to him.

Elm Elm
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
Grangrule Grangrule

Sir Avery Valencia
Woodlands

The beast, knowing it won't be making to Avery's face while his arms were in commission, went for them, biting his right arm. Avery yelled in pain and punched the beast in the face with his left. No effect. "Herculean Strength." He punched again and the beast went flying into a tree, its face bleeding from the spikes in Avery's gauntlets. Goldilocks charged and buried her axe in its side. It roared in pain and swung around, knocking her back with its tail. The arrows the soldiers placed in it having seemingly no effect. He stood up and dusted himself off. Goldilocks stood up, pulling the arrow-like quills from her body. The beast roared again and then disappeared. It likely used camouflage, as the bushes rustled, symbolizing an exit move instead of teleportation

So of every non-soldier, Ashlynn was the only one he could trust to actually do something. That was nice. He looked back, annoyed as all hell. Even the newest privates, who were frozen in fear and didn't step in when Avery got attack, got it together and started spreading out in the forest, trying to find the beast again without Avery having to tell them. They weren't around to experience Avery's less than pleased expression. "Is this some kind of game to you?" he said, addressing the ones who were just standing around. This meant the new recruits. "You think you're just gonna hitch a ride and let everyone else die trying to protect your useless ass until you achieve glory on someone else's back?! I don't think so. I'll boot you before I let your selfishness kill someone out here." Avery didn't really need help to get the beast off of him, as shown by him punching it into a tree. It was about the bigger picture. Things were most likely gonna only get harder, and they were showing zero signs of really being up to the task. It was that the newcomers just stoodby and did nothing during and even after. "The parade is over now. The inflated egos you had are gone. The rose colored glasses are gone now. This is it here. A whole lot of this. Fighting, bloodshed, and ferocious beasts. If you don't want to be here, leave now. If I find that you're just a parasite, we're gonna have a nice long talk."

He turned to Ashlynn. She knew what that thing was, so either she did her homework on Seelia, or that thing was native to Kuflea, which meant that it wouldn't be the last time they encountered a Smortle. "Thank you Ashlynn. We know what we're dealing with. A Smortle. Dark Magic, Camouflage, Arrow-like Quills it can shoot, a ferocious bite. Plus, you have the goods to knock it out. You're a breath of fresh air." Her knowledge just saved them a lot of fighting just to learn how to kill it. He looked at his bleeding arm. That was his shooting arm now useless for a while. He put up his bow and drew his sword.

(Geez people. Is this the RP we're gonna be in?)
Elm Elm
Gohan510 Gohan510
Grangrule Grangrule
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Last edited:
Eira felt terrible. Unable to help but flinch at Avery's words as she knew he was right. None of them did anything to help and she didn't even fire a single arrow at the beast and instead just sat there holding the bow; nothing more. Looking upset and avoiding all eye contact, she lowered the bow and the magic disapated from it -holstering it again silently. Eira didn't even bother wirh saying sorry as sorry didn't save someone's life or do anything to help anyone, so why bother saying it?

Seeing Sir Avery's wound, Eira got up off her horse and carefully walked over to him. "I- um...how much medical supplies do we have?" She asked in her quiet voice. "...we have to get your wound treated before infection sets in.." Eira thought if she couldn't fight, she could at least help tend to wounds.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny Gohan510 Gohan510 Grangrule Grangrule

Esther felt a bit guilty for not helping, this was why he felt he isn't deserving for the title of Hero, he stopped thinking and he quickly rode his mount to General Avery. Esther quickly unmounted and tears off a part of his blue coat and wraps it around the wound of General Avery's right arm "General, I don't have the right to say this but, I suggest to keep moving, It might return if we stay too long, the medic will take care of the rest" he suggested and glanced at the White-haired girl and smiled before walking away. He checked the bushes from where the Smortle escaped, there was no open area which signifies that the den seems to be far away but, that's only a presumption.
Gohan510 Gohan510
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Elm Elm
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Kai Takeshi

Kai chuckled to himself as Avery seemed rather lived for his new recruits not even budging. He was one of them of course, but it did not bother him. Kai took the words and smirked under his hood. The words went through one ear out the other. Fame off someone else back? Why would Kai waste his strength and mana off a beast that's not even their main target. Once Kai noticed things will get out of hand is when he would finally reveal his strength. He noticed the Ice Queen offering the man her assistance with his help. Kai looked over at the Kewan and soon over to the new guy who rode over to Avery. "Aye Kewan. What's your name if you don't mind me asking?" Kai said with his cold tone of voice. Other soldiers glared at Kai as if he had did something wrong, their trust for him was low. Of course amongst strength Kai knew he was up there, but patience was were he excelled best at. Waiting for the right moment to strike was what he was going to do no matter what ANYONE told him.
Grangrule Grangrule
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Elm Elm
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Eira felt terrible. Unable to help but flinch at Avery's words as she knew he was right. None of them did anything to help and she didn't even fire a single arrow at the beast and instead just sat there holding the bow; nothing more. Looking upset and avoiding all eye contact, she lowered the bow and the magic disapated from it -holstering it again silently. Eira didn't even bother wirh saying sorry as sorry didn't save someone's life or do anything to help anyone, so why bother saying it?

Seeing Sir Avery's wound, Eira got up off her horse and carefully walked over to him. "I- um...how much medical supplies do we have?" She asked in her quiet voice. "...we have to get your wound treated before infection sets in.." Eira thought if she couldn't fight, she could at least help tend to wounds.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Esther felt a bit guilty for not helping, this was why he felt he isn't deserving for the title of Hero, he stopped thinking and he quickly rode his mount to General Avery. Esther quickly unmounted and tears off a part of his blue coat and wraps it around the wound of General Avery's right arm "General, I don't have the right to say this but, I suggest to keep moving, It might return if we stay too long, the medic will take care of the rest" he suggested and glanced at the White-haired girl and smiled before walking away. He checked the bushes from where the Smortle escaped, there was no open area which signifies that the den seems to be far away but, that's only a presumption.
Gohan510 Gohan510
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Elm Elm
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Sir Avery Valencia
Woodlands

"Not right now," Avery said, shaking off her offer. He looked up to the sunless sky above them, covered in the canopy of thickened trees. "This spell is familiar, A black Seraph go-to for crowd control. Black Forest. It prevents escape from an area until the user dissipates it, or they're forced to via anti-magic, injury or death. If you go to the ends of the woods, you'll see a black fog. Run all you want, but once you turn around, you find that you've only gone 10 feet into the fog." They were essentially stuck in the forest until someone casted Holy Magic or Anti-Magic to dissipate it (one not available and the other requiring more mana than any of them could gather under the seal) or they killed the beast. With that said, they all knew what they'd have to do. "It was banned from use in Sieges by the Geneva Convention."

"Enough history lesson. I wasn't lying when I said Seelia wasn't playing games with us. We're lucky it doesn't know the poison variety of the spell. We're trapped until we find that thing and kill it. No use licking my wounds, as it's obvious I'm gonna take a lot more before it dies." he finished. This was his first impression of their actual life/death combat, and right now, he felt like the convoy would be more efficient without people he'd have to protect for no reason. The only one he really needed to protect was Ashlynn for her ability to sense the sigil, and she could definitely hold her own. Whatever, you recruited them, he thought. He shook off the thoughts and assessed his readiness for battle. Avery couldn't use his bow or his shield, so it was sword or it was his shield to go all Captain America on it to kill it. They opened a can of worms by starting on this journey.

"Sir, I have to tell you something important......." It was one of his Black Seraphs
"Does it have to do with the Smortle?"
"No, but it's a threat nonetheless." He leaned in and the Black Seraphs whispered in his ear. Avery nodded and sighed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back