• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern La Harpe University

Poisoned Youth

the Anathema
Hadrian Thane struggled up a flight of stairs with his guitar case and a single cardboard box overflowing with the rest of his belongings: laptop and charger, headphones, an old GameBoy with a couple games, a few worn, leather-bound notebooks, an assortment of pens, two pairs of jeans and a set of pajama bottoms, two T-shirts, a hoodie, and a few comic books. In his back pocket, he had one twenty dollar bill.

He groped for the tiny slip of paper he had scrawled room number on to verify the door he stood before him was indeed his. 404.

"Error: Not found," he muttered bitterly to himself and slid the key in.

He slammed his guitar and his box on one bed, then threw himself on the other, relaxing only momentarily, before sitting up and digging his notebook from the box. He scribbled, "The boy sighed as though he could exhale all of worries of the world, finding bizarre comfort in the unfamiliar."

This had been an eventful month.

A soccer ball came bouncing down the dormitory's hallway and rolled to a stop in front of room 404. Oliver came trudging in far behind it, lazing around with a neon green jersey that's beginning to soak through under the arms. The legs popping out from beneath black shorts were scraped and grass-stained as Oliver mumbled the tune of a song under his breath. He stopped in front of the door momentarily to wonder whether to pick up the ball or kick it further. He opted for the latter, though it overshot the door to his room, causing him to walk briskly after it and bring it back.

Evelyn carries her duffel bag, rolling suitcase, and tote bag up the four flights of stairs to get to her dorm. She hears a dorm door slam as she reaches the third flight.

"Already a hissy fit?" She mumbles under her breath.

She smiles and continues to trot up the many stairs. Once she reaches the top, she looks down the long corridor to the public restrooms, and about 4 doors on either side. Room 404 right in front of her, rooms 400- 408 on either side. She sees a soccer ball to the side of her smiles. She used to play soccer when she was young. She picks it up and tosses it slightly in the air, only to see a young bearded man come running up for it.

"Oh, hello." She says with a smile.

Oliver offered a smirk as he slowed to a stop, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"Mornin'," he breathed out, still a bit winded.

He took in a deep breath to regulate himself, giving a puzzled look for a moment at her bags. The look faded, however, as he remember it was a co-ed dorm - one of the reasons he requested to be placed here, now that he thought about it.

"Movin' in, I take it? Or is this some new exercise trend?" He motioned vaguely toward her bags as he spoke.

Hadrian could hear speaking outside of his room, only to just realize he had dozed. He grumbled to himself and staggered to the door, about to lock it, but instead the realization hit him that he would most likely have a roommate who hadn't arrived yet, so he instead opened door wide.

"Is there a sports game or some such going on right outside my room?" he asked, his disposition sour and amused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evelyn smiles at her bags and then looks to her hands.

"Oh, sorry!" She hands him back his soccer ball she had been holding. "And yeah, I'm moving in... actually my room should be around here somewhere...."

She looks to her wrist where she wrote her room number in a very neat fashion, "Yep! Room 404."

Just as she says this, the room door opens and out walks a young man.

"Oh, sorry to interrupt you. Just... moving in." said with a smile.

the Trio sat, comfortable in Gavin;s car, a 1968 Dodge Challenger he found at a junk yard near their home

. " Alright you guys." He started, His baby sister sitting in the passenger seat and Felicity riding in he back. She preferred to be in the back, even though she's riding in this car many times before this. The car only had enough room for about two people in the back, three if they were incredibly slender like Felicity. but solitude was her mistress.

His car:

dodge-challenger-9.jpg
Raven turned around in her seat and gave her step sister a sweet smile " It'll be alright, even though its your first year here.. it's ours to so we'l be right there with you." She smiled to her younger sibling as they pulled into the schools front parking lot. She then looked to the front of the campus they would be spending the next few yeses of their lives at. Pulling al her hair to her left side, Raven opened the slightly creaky door of her brother's car.. " You really ought fix this thing Gavey" She joked, closing the rickety member.

She pulled her seat forward for Felicity to exit the vehicle. The back had been spacious for her during the ride up as the three had made arrangements to have their luggage delivered as soon as they checked in, all they had was an over night bag and that is all they would need for the time being.

Gavin slipped out of his drivers seat and blew a raspberry at his sister. " Hey.. dont mock the one who drove you here, you chose to take one car." He waled around to the trunk to grab the three bags. His own bag was a reguar duffle bag, filled with a few shirts and a pair of newly washed jeans along with his toiletries.

Ravens bag was a normal sling which she grabbed form her brothers hand and through it over her shoulder. It had a couple holes in it and it as adorned in ed Hardy stickers.

Felicity's bag was just a tiny suitcase. Her and her older sister shared one sill which thy om how bonded over when they first met : Organization. Despite their small bags they had managed to fold up a weeks worth f shirts and pats into a smaller size bag.

Felicity looked to her iblings and open her simpe lips, her voice small and melodic, " It;s looks empty.." She trailed off, clutching her case which had been given to her by Gavin.

" Don't worry, Doll, We just need to get checked in and make some friends and we'll be fine" Gaven nudged her shoulder a bit as he took off towards the front of the school.

Their Outfits:

Felicity:
67e5eca4b072a173b0e1483e170bf68a.jpg

Gavin:
Mens-Street-Style-Outfits-For-Cool-Guys-15.jpg

Raven:
original.jpg
The three of them together walked up the steps into the main entrance. The opened the french doors to the palace like building and called out " Hello?" Gavin ccalled. echoing through out the stranded room.

" Sooo what do we do?" Raven asked, looking around.

Felicity twisted her headaround with the murmuring if faint voices. " Ray... i hear voices: She said tugging on her sisters jacket.

" You`see dead peple too?" Raven joked looked around, her eyes narrowing in on the flight of stairs which she`assumed to lead up to the dorms.

" You guys wanna check up there?" She insisted.

" We havent checked in yes Ray.." Gaven assured them both, setting his duffle down.

" That;s not gonna stop me from going up stairs." Raven giggled lightly, walking backwards to the stairs. Her boots made heavy thumps up each individual step as she hummed, walking up the steps to see a rather small bunch of invdividuals little ways down the halls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oliver took his soccer ball and tucked it under his arm. He looked back to the opening door, seeing her supposed roommate was male. Co-ed rooms, even? If only everyone could be so fortunate.

"Mornin', neighbor," he greeted Hadrian with a nod.

He turned back to Evelyn. "Other neighbor."

He'd thought the room next to his would never be filled. After his roommate graduated last semester, he'd begun to get a bit lonely on this floor.

"This both your first semesters here?"

"Yeah!" Evelyn says with a smiles as she puts her tote bag on the floor (her other bags already there)

"I'm Evelyn Sommers." She extends her hand toward the bearded man with another smile.

Raven walked closer to the cluster of people.. She over heard their conversations. " Co ed?" She spoke softly to herself, staying a safe distance from the strangers. Fro the outside, the dorm rooms looked more lavish than a five star hotel. The doors were a beautiful mahogany, shined and buffed like prepared for the Queen. There wasn't a single fingerprint on any of the doorkobs, besides the door the cluster was standing at. She decided to approach them to find out where the hell everyone was. Her headvy boots creaking on the floor as she cleared her throat, smiling to the group.

Gavin and Felicity waited downstairs for their sister to return, with hopefully some good news. Felicity gazed around the room which was something much larger than she was used to. Before Gavin's dad married her mom, Felicity and mer mother lived in a studio apartment, They had a bit of money but usually enough to go shopping at second hand stores or, get clothes from donations, but with her eye for art, Felicity used her talent to cut peices of fabric and sew them together at a very young age., But when mr Winters came innto the picture, she was able to actuall go shoppinng mostly it was only by herself or Raven but still,, she wanted this school to take part in changing her and make her more... outgoing She was tired of missing out on wonderfull things.. like her first kiss...

Hadrian stepped a bit out of the way to let the young woman through. "Er...hey," he mutters, moving his guitar case and box of cheap belongings from atop the other bed in Room 404 to sliding them under the bed he'd chosen for himself. "Make yourself at home, I'm...gonna go search for vending machine or something."

Raven nodded her head slowly to the male. " Just wondering where everyone is downstairs, loos like a showing of Twilight down tthere" She mocked, hating that movie with a passion." Ohhh..." She extended her hand to any off the three that were willing to take it. " Raven winter.." She smiled to the group of unknown peers, her drumsticks sticking out of her back pocket,

how did he get checked in soo quickly, She pondered, looking at his mahogany door. slightly creaked. She noticed the soccer ball in the other males hands

I'll have to teach felicity how to play.. she scratched the top of her head before being brought back to reality

••Selena R. Wilson•• Style and Sophistication Remain A Legacy.

----------------------------------

Selena climbed the last flight of stairs and turned to her right, her handbag hung loosely on her left shoulder. Holding up her phone, she squinted slightly, cursing her contacts for expiring the day before, and slowly read out the words.

"Room 402..." Thinking how she would like to have roommates, she began scanning the long hallway lined with rooms on either side.

"If this was anything like those fancy hotels, my room should be facing another." She muttered to herself before she mistakenly hit a girl in front of her.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

"Oliver," he replied to Evelyn with a handshake. He offered a nod in greeting to Raven when he noticed her approaching.

"Well, I'd better change outta this before the smell of sweat becomes a permanent fixture."

He opened the door to room 402 and slid inside as Selena came down the hall. It had first taken him some time to get used to the layout of the dorms, numbered with even values on one side of the hall and odds on the other. Once inside, he immediately pulled off his jersey and replaced it with the black shirt lying on his bed, which was decorated with the cover art for Neutron Star Collision. Definitely not one of Muse's best works, but god damn, the cover art was awesome. Actually, it was somewhat serendipitous, considering one of the new students had mentioned Twilight, a film which featured the song on its soundtrack. Oliver cracked a dim smirk at the convergence of ironic happenstance.

Selena stole a quick glance at the boy as he entered the room. Fit enough for me, she thought, then quickly dismissed it.

This is a new school, she said within herself, especially to her inner goddess. I wouldn't want to get a reputation already, its barely first day.

Still, she grinned and gave a quick yet shy wave as he walked into the room.

Raven nodded towards Oliver. " sorry I didn't see anyone down there for checking In, my brother and step sister are downstairs."

Awaiting their sisters arrival felicity strolled a bit aways away from Gavin. She looked at the semi blank walls that adorned the university. " you think I'll like it here?" She asked.

" yea Doll, you'll love it here. I mean there's a lot of places that you could wander off to." Gavin gave her the name Doll because of the positions she used to sit in. Very doll like or like she was a life size marionette.

Oliver was pulling up a pair of blue jeans as his new roommate came in, his back turned to the door. His side of the room was littered with t-shirts and jackets scattered on and around his bed, while the computer desk held a number of empty or mostly empty soda cans.

"Ah, mornin'..." he said as he turned to see who was at the door. That would appear to be his default greeting, even when it was far from morning.

"You, uh... lookin' for someone?"

"Okay.. I'm Evelyn by the way!" She flashes a cute smile a throws her bags onto her bed.

She shuffles through her purse and gets out a $1 bill.

"If you do find a vending machine," she hands him the money, "please get me a Crunch bar." She laughs slightly.

Hadrian took the bill and nodded, awkwardly sliding it into his hoodie pocket. "Then my quest begins," he muttered to no one in particular, and gave a slight chuckle at his own joke when he believed he was out of earshot.

Another successful social interaction, he thought, straightening his glasses.

Selena smiled slightly as she got adjusted to the scattered side of the room.

Her eyes resting on the guy she had termed fit enough, she responded to his greeting. "Morning? It's past noon!"

She giggled silently before she added a greeting of hers. "I'm Selena, Selena Wilson."

She had the character of saying her first name first, before pausing to say it together with her last name. Made people remember you better, she'd say.

"This is my assigned room for this semester. 402."

Raven tucked a stray hair behind her ear," yea I just need someone to check us in... Unless we do it electronically or something ." She chuckled. She was used to the normal face to face socialization from her previous schools. They would be in for a treat if the rooms were half as good as the hallways ,which were quite impressive, only thing that was missing were personal violinists and chandeliers. Her dark purple lipstick,.. plum would be a better way to describe it, filled in her lips, but not as good as her deep red lipstick did, But being a natural redhead wearing a red stained lip was hard to do.. but normally she didn't care but being her first day, she was all about making impressions. Her bold, winged eyeliner popped her oceanic pupils for a bright statement. As she talked, a hint of her non-native Irish accent graced her tongue. AS a child she was a leg clinger to her other, now that she passed, Ray was glad for all those leg clinging years. But being with her mother almost 24/7 also gave her, her mothers Native accent, which now stuck to her language like Tar.

Butch sped down the street on his RoughRider Motorcycle; topping at least 60mph. He never wore his helmet unless he was doing a 'job'. He would also let other people use it instead of him as a courtesy. He took to tying a white bandana around his head instead, looping it around his belt whenever he would get off. Butch finally made it to the University, it being fairly early in the day. He only had a backpack full of essentials with him; seeing as the movers should have stored most of his shit in the room he had. 400... He liked that number greatly. He slowly made his way into the giant-like University; slightly admiring all the sights. This place was a hell of a lot better than Oakland. He walked up the flights of stairs; hearing people talk around the fourth floor. He slightly ignored the people he walked passed and entered room 400, tossing his bag on the floor and laying on his already made bed. He never thought he would leave that messed up place.

@KhaleesiYadah

"It's always mornin' with a sunny disposition," he murmured in a notably dry manner. He raised an eyebrow at the idea of her being his new roommate.

"Seems they're keen on making every room co-ed this semester."

He looked her over as he spoke, trying to visually dissect her lineage. He may have placed her as Hebrew, but she didn't seem to have the nose for it. Maybe some Middle Eastern roots and possibly some Italian. He resisted he urge to shudder at the thought of 'Italian'. God, he hoped not.

"I'm Oliver," he said after realizing he'd remained silent a bit too long. He made sure his Irish accent came through clearly in his introduction.

@Valor Green

Selena smiled shyly before she replied, "Apparently. I don't mind, haven't ever had a roommate from the opposite gender. You're Irish, aren't you? Your accent seems thick."

After a moment of silence, "I'm actually African-Italian."

She dropped her handbag on the empty bed and sat down, her legs crossed. "I'm pretty excited for this semester. Met anyone else yet?"

As Butch laid in his seemly punk'd out room, he felt his phone vibrating. He reached into the pocket of his raggedy jeans and took it out, a slight smirk on his face.

Text: " Stay gone fool "

He put his phone back into his pocket, a slight chuckle leaving his mouth.

" Gladly. "

He figured it would be a good time to get some breakfast; it still being fairly early in the morning. He left his room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back