• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Thrill Seekers

swampishpetrichor

The Die Hard

Rebel "Diesel" Toulouse

June 17, 2014 // 3:00 pm // Stevenson High School // 94° F

Today was the day all of the seniors graduated if they met the standards. This die hard met the standards, and she was graduating. She was third in class, surprisingly. Rebel didn't necessarily participate, but she did do good in school work. After all, she did want to be something when she grew older so she could survive this mean world full of greed. They were all controlled by a dirty green piece of paper that everyone had wanted. Money, of course. She was sat down in the rows, in the student section, to the left of all of the parents on the right. The sweltering hot sun hit the dandelion color of her cap and gown. The first and second person of the senior 2014 class has given their speeches, and they were going to call her name to speak. She grumbled under her breath, about how they just had to have an outdoor graduation, when they had perfectly good air conditioning inside. Sure, she was used to the heat, but staying in it for hours at a times with people's hot breath next to you, everyone's carbon dioxide filling the air with probably twenty degrees more heat, plus you're wearing a cap and a gown? That was too much for her. She stood to her feet, and there was faint clapping from her teachers, and parents, but her group, she couldn't know what they were doing, but she knew they were somewhere in the crowd, whether they were graduating or not. She went up the stairs of the makeshift stage, and she pulled out a thick, mini notebook from her pocket in the gown. She cleared her throat and flipped open to the first page of the notebook. She smirked at the audience.

"Not many of you might have noticed, but, I have been taking note of everybody in my classes in this year. When your yearbooks were signed, you may have seen my... opinion on you in them." She watched as everyone flipped open their yearbooks, and searched for her name. "But, on with my speech. I'm not going to ramble on, and on, and on about the future like the last two, who in my eyes, just kept repeating and concluding themselves in a never ending speech." Some snickered, some gasped. But no one could stop her, it was freedom of speech, plus, they allowed her to put up a speech anyways. "I would like to thank my parents, for forgiving me after this, and I would like to thank my brothers, who are going to think I'm the raddest sister in the universe after this. --So, without further ado, I will start my speech." She cleared her throat, and eyed the first page in front of her, and then looked up with a smile. "By the way, I took the liberty to put this all in alphabetical order, so you can just be antsy in your seat, and know when you're next." Rebel smiled scathingly at the crowd, and saw some people sweating even harder under the sun. "Abbie Adrian. You knew you were first, just like you were for all of these four years. Let me just tell you about little, sweet, sweet Abbie," Rebel chuckled. "If anyone doesn't know, she's a sl*t. I'm not stupid, and you aren't either, except for you, Abbie. You let the gym teacher drill you so you could pass gym without any physical activity. Because, like, 'Ew! Sweat! So not fetch!'. But, it's the same with all of your male teachers who were gross enough. And I thought guys liked it tight, but I guess it was wrong. Well, your mouth is a vacuum, to put it lightly."

Rebel went on, and on, and on about people she hated, but she pointed out people who were cool, and never did anything wrong to her, or weren't hate-worthy in general. Some of the popular chicks were crying off their mascara, and the jocks looked ready to fight other jocks, since they found out what fake friends they were. Her brothers were laughing their heads off, and her parents looked in shock, but were pretty cool about her expressing her opinion. She finished the part of her speech that involved who she hated and who she didn't.
"So, Zana, remember, Vogue sex tips don't work, so calm your clit, okay? Dildos in your locker? Woah-ho, cool it, girl." She added, just once more, and Zana crossed her legs uncomfortably. "To all of you, who are probably ready to murder me right now, I'm just going to tell you. We're running away. It's already been planned. You won't find us, but you will sure as hell see us. You will see us in our last stunt. You all know what I'm talking about. All of you, have a nice life right here, because unlike all of you, I'm not going to stay stuck in the suburbs." She concluded her speech, and snatched her diploma from the shaking assistant principal's hands, and then walked off of the stage with the biggest swagger of all of the swaggers. She laughed as she walked down the grassy aisle, and she threw her cap up in the air, the rest of the seniors shortly following her actions. Rebel pulled off her black pumps and ran across the grass barefoot, finding the rest of the thrill seekers. She was out of breath from how fast she went. "Let's get out of here."

Mentions: @Oasis @Waste @oOBubblesOo

Last edited by a moderator:

Ace sat trough all of Rebel's speech, he had to admit, he laughed his ass off in some of the parts, of course, not on the outside. He was always a silent person. He just looked at all the people's reactions, all souls so blinded, hurt by peoples words. It's stupid how people are like that. He'd already finished his speech a while ago, people got surprised at him talking, but he shrugged it off.

He had a serious face all the speech, but until she made the comment about Zana, he giggled, she hated that bitch with all her heart, and almost all of us knew it, so it was nice seeing her get off her chest. He sat there, moving his black coat, until her final words went out of her mouth.
Our last stunt, eh, we'll go out with a bang. Like we've always wanted it. No ones staying in the shit hole of here, at least not us. I see get off the stage with an weird walk, it was expected of her, but i still found it funny. When she came, he said no words, only an action that would leave clear a thousand words, being ready. He nods at her. ''You guys ready?''

The Rookie//Jacqueline Reeves

Jackie fanned herself through the air uttered by her collar before realizing it was futile. The heat was getting to her; she was very prone to heat and always needed to stay hydrated. She wondered how everyone could always stand the beating sun when it was summer. Didn't it just make them want to burn up and explode like a firework? Fireworks were the worst thing possible, but she'd be willing to succumb to them to avoid the heat. Ugh, this assembly was really taking too long. She already had her diploma, so why couldn't she just go into a car and turn up the air conditioning? She concluded that she could be on her sort of best behavior for the next minute or two. A little sun never hurt anyone, right?

She had been avoiding her family's eyes since Rebel's speech started. They came, of course, but reluctantly; their actions were just social protocols that showed little trouble, but in truth they disliked the Thrill Seekers and her friendship with them. They just didn't understand her or why she would risk anything for these troublemakers. Their lack of understanding had caused a rift between the girl and family, but the girl couldn't keep them off of her mind. She was legally an adult, out of their care for once, and she was off to college. She felt almost free, if not for the chains that kept her heart grounded to the disappointment her family radiated. She decided that she would have to avoid them at all costs after this was all over, to just leave right away with her friends. She couldn't face her family, not after wanting to run away and pull the most epic, last stunt ever. She wanted it, but hated herself for wanting it. However, she couldn't bring herself to share her inner conflicts with her thrill seeking friends; it just wasn't in her character to do so (pun unintended).

She sighed, smiling weakly for Rebel as she saw her friend go up on stage. As she listened to the speech, she was...enlightened, to say the least. She cringed at some of the comments, the language throwing her off. She saw the victims of the speech break down in some sort of way and couldn't help but feel bad for them. At least a couple of them had been mean or rude to her at some point in her dwindling life, so she was less sorry than she could've been. Honestly, these people had it coming for being so bold and brash. Then again, it was Rebel...there really was no stopping her. As she heard the part about them, she almost felt famous, as if some celebrity was thanking them for their awesome services. She could feel the guarded excitement and uneasiness that came with the announcement of their final trick, making her think that perhaps Rebel went too far with this one. Now everyone would be looking around and expecting this super stunt of theirs.

She threw her cap as the rest of the seniors did so, some of them very reluctantly. Still clutching her diploma firmly, she found the other Thrill Seekers. A second later, Rebel joined them barefoot, reminding Jackie that she had brought flats to change into for later, something to look forward to. The gown was itchy and much too hot for her tastes.
"I can't wait to get out of this gown," she said, her tone almost hopeful. "It's so hot." She restrained from grimacing in the heat. She glanced once more to her family, who was speaking amongst themselves. When her gaze was met by her brother, she looked away and turned her attention back to the Thrill Seekers, hoping no one saw.

J a k e

The Lost Puppy

Okay, let's get something straight here.

Jake isn't a mean guy. He was a kid who avoided drama at all costs when it came to the students of Stevenson High School. He very rarely was found talking about other kids behind their backs. He was pretty much oblivious to any rumors or secrets about any of the kids, and he couldn't say truthfully that he cared about them all that much, either.

But Rebel's speech, calling out all the gals and guys who ever did shitty things, beating mercilessly on their reputations, and probably completely severing several hundred friendships, was absolutely, undoubtedly
hilarious.

He was trembling with laughter in his seat. He eventually had to resort to hiding his face in his hands, since he couldn't stop himself from grinning. It was a horrible, but strangely satisfying humor that rang in every word that Rebel spoke, and though he didn't know her inside and out, he'd been around long enough to come to embrace her no-bullshit attitude rather than be embarrassed by it. He knew that she meant every emotion behind every sentence that she spoke, and that just made it funnier. He could feel the awkward tension rising in the crowd, mixed with anger. If he at all knew the others in the group, they'd be laughing too. He took some comfort in that.

She ended her speech with a proclamation to the rest of the school, the announcement of the amazing feat that the Thrill Seekers were planning to do. Unfortunately, Jake still wasn't quite clear on what they'd be doing, but he had decided to roll with it anyways, as he had done with the rest of their ridiculous stunts. They'd been successful with pretty much every other time; he could trust that they'd have something good.

When she grabbed her diploma and walked down off of the stage, she threw her cap skyward, and he took his off and did the same. He stood as the clamor began, not wanting to be caught in a shit-storm of angry and hurt kids, and weaved his way out of the crowd, spotting Ace, Jackie, Rebel, and the others grouping together. He huffed a breath and jogged over, joining into the little group and hearing them talk about getting out of there.
"Yo, I'm ready." He raised his hand slightly and glanced around quickly, as if someone would jump out and attack them. "Awesome speech, by the way, Rebel. I was laughing my ass off." He smirked teasingly, saying, "We should watch our backs, 'cause there are probably people who are out for your blood now."

Declan "Dex" Rossi

The Senior Stuntman

Dex sat through the entire graduation ceremony wishing it were over already. Thoughts of his own years spent in high school as well as thoughts of their upcoming stunts raced through his mind throughout. Of course, he would never so rude to get up and simply leave but he did have to silently convince himself that, instead of sneaking away after his bathroom break, he needed to stay to support his graduating friends. He was definitely ready for some sick thrills and nothing would hold him back after this ceremony was over. As a matter of fact, Dex felt as if he were born ready for this even though he had no idea what 'this' was. He was just excited to be able to get the group back together for longer than a few hours on weekends now so they could work on bigger, better stunts.

After a long agonizing process of awkward hand shaking and speech giving; the ceremony was almost over. Dex let out a sigh of relief and stretched slightly as Rebel reached the stage but quickly realized he had the wrong idea. The worst part wasn't over yet. It was now to come. As he listened to Rebel's long, quite frankly rude speech, Dex felt himself softly shaking his head and feeling sorry for the people she was calling out. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Rebel couldn't give to sh*ts less about what she was doing because this kind of thing gave her thrills. And, though he agreed with a lot of what she said though he wouldn't admit that aloud, especially to Rebel. For some reason he always felt like Rebel took things too far, even in his book, and she needed to take it down a few notches. But, yet again, he didn't plan on bringing that up anytime soon.

Finally once the ceremony came to a closing, Dex clapped respectively as the other spectators did and then proceeded to their meeting spot. Now it was time. Now they would be able to head off and start their adventure and Dex's excitement for what was to come was now plastered across his face; he couldn't help it. Meeting up with the others, he glanced around proudly at his friends. Some of them had already graduated as he did but the ones who just did looked pretty damn happy and it made him smile even more. Now they were all officially free, legal adults who could do whatever they pleased and that felt wonderful. Still smiling, but not as brightly, Dex nodded in response to Ace. "I'm beyond ready to get out of this place. I don't miss high school at all and I'm sure you new graduates won't either." Finishing his piece, he glanced around at everyone. Dex really loved these guys and was ready for whatever Rebel had in store, though, the terms she used in her speech worried him slightly. He had a vague idea of the plan but he didn't remember hearing any remarks containing 'last stunt' that was for sure.​

◇ Stevie Nichole ◇

The caps of her fellow graduates littered the air, they turned the light blue sky into something like a Jackson Pollock painting with speckles of yellow. Stevie was still in awe that she was sitting here. It felt like just the other day she was a nervous little freshman with no idea who the hell she was, and know she was sitting here. A full fledged adult; a woman. Smiling to herself her eye's gazed over the familiar faces around her, but her eyes lingered on the face of a girl, Breanna Malachino, who used to be her best friend. Just like that she could feel her heart rate sky rocket and her whole body went numb. To put it in the simplest terms, Breanna fucked Stevie over big time. It was the straw that broke the camels back and sent Stevie to her small and rebellious group of friends.Scoffing at Breanna, Stevie trudged off down the aisle way with her head held high and fake confidence coursing through her veins.

Stevie did this thing when she was pissed off, and wanted to make a subtle scene. She put on her best "bad bitch" face and walk off like she the star model during New Yorks Fashion Week. She didn't care if she looks ridiculous doing it, it made her feel like she was making a point even if she wasn't. It was just another one of her weird quirks. As she made her way down the aisle she locked her eyes on slow forming group of friends.
"Hey losers." She said with a soft smile as she looked down on most of the group. She was a tall girl to begin with, but in her five inch heels she topped off at six feet and one inch. Turning her attention to Rebel she gave her a quick ruffle of her hair and a smile, "Nice speech short stack." Stevie had a thing with calling people normally insulting names, she never meant them in a vicious way. It was just her way of showing affection. She knew that if she called anyone other than her friend these names they would freak.

"Let's just ditch this hell hole." Stevie said with her even and smooth voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back