Threads

Well just to make sure, have you taken a look at the list of Threads we've provided? Those should give something of a visual, though if you need more imagery then...

Basically, Threads look just like strings. If you were to make something like a bit wave of Threads, it would look like a normal wave but knitted with thin strings (extra effects such as fractal reflections or glowing depends on the Thread type). Weapons and other things also have this sort of texture to it.

Hopefully that makes sense? ^^

I've never watched One Piece, but from pictures it doesn't look quite the same. Threads are mainly used to be woven together to create larger objects such as guns or shields. Doflamingo, from what I'm seeing, uses the string-things (not sure if they have a fancy name) individually as blades or something? If that's completely wrong I'm sorry ^^"

He uses his threads as razor sharp strings to cut things. He CAN manipulate them to make things too. In theory they it is essentially the same, but he mostly uses his threads to cut things with the threads themselves. That I think is the only difference. And he can connect them to people to control them so there is that big difference too.

Okay so yeah, that sounds about right. Basically Weavers use the Threads mostly to build objects. Most of their ability to fight is from the training they receive either by their Squad Leaders (who, some are specially trained to, well, train) or other trainers, so it isn't like Threads give superpowers. They're more or less just building blocks. ^^ I hope this clears everything up for you.

So it's the same, but no one uses the threads as anything other than building blocks. Coooool! Alright thanks. Will there be any ability for our characters to learn more complex things? Like a metal thread user using the threads themselves as a weapon or something else like that?

Well it depends on what kind of Thread your character uses. If they're Fire Threads, you can learn to raise the temperature and then use the Threads to burn others. Metal Threads can be used as magnesium-heavy fuel, thus causing a chemical reaction and giving off a harmful light (harmful to your eyes, it doesn't burn anyone's skin off). Though, Threads like Earth aren't very useful in that way, so keep that in mind when you choose your character's Core.

But yes @Tetro it's basically just like from one piece. Each weave uses threads in a different way though. Some make armor out of it to protect against damage, other make weapons. Sometime people are snatched up by the threads xD that's always fun eh @Umbra Regalia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back