• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Thread Notifications

Kade

Fandom Fanatic
Hey! So round two of feedbacks. This one's not even that bad, really, and some of ya'll may have seen me mention it on my status update already.

Loving the new site now that I'm getting used to it. I look forward to the future fixes and additions.

The only big thing I'm finding issue with at the moment is following threads/getting notifications inside a game. What's happening is that we're following the game as a whole, which would then make it a logical assumption that it means we'll be notified any time anything is posted inside the game. That doesn't appear to be the case however. When people post new threads or post things inside threads that you haven't also gone in and checked to follow, you don't get notified about it. For instance, I joined a game, followed the game on it's front page, then didn't check on it for several days just assuming the GM wasn't ready to officially set up yet. Yeah, no, I checked back on a whim to find that she'd posted several bits of character information that I didn't get any notifications for because I wasn't following the threads inside the game, threads I didn't know existed because I never got an alert to begin with. I've had a few friends say the same thing, only they were missing out on even more important actual game threads. So, yeah, by following a main game, we should automatically be getting notifs for any activity inside the game. Otherwise it's too hard to keep track. I realize once we make a post in a thread that we'll follow it automatically from then on, but that doesn't work if you don't know a thread exists in the first place to be posting things to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back