• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

'Thousand Words in a Picture' challenge.

Trevor B Harper

๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ฎ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐“‡๐‘œ๐’น๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‡'๐“ˆ ๐’Ÿ๐“Š๐“‚๐“…๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”
Greetings, writers! A Lithuanian beginning teen writer here. I know I might not go very far, however, I am trying my best. Anyway, here's something I thought of not long ago, and decided to make a reality.

You know how there are all these viral videos of people doing challenges? Why not do a challenge ourselves? I challenge YOU, WRITERS, to a 'Thousand Words in a Picture' challenge. I believe it's pretty self explanatory. You comment below that you want to be a part of this challenge and I will pick a random picture for you from google images (it will vary in styles and themes), and you, writers, will have to describe it in one thousand words. For me, doing so takes about half an hour, maybe an hour maximum, so it shouldn't be THAT hard. What do you say? Comment below, and I shall find you a picture!

I'm so in! I'm an awful writer and this might help me improve! Can we do it more than once?

Melix said:
I'm so in! I'm an awful writer and this might help me improve! Can we do it more than once?
Of course, you can do it as much as you'd like haha. ^^

Here's a pic for you:

happy-kids.jpg

It's actually up to you. You just have to write 1000 words that would associate with the picture.

@CrackerPower

wallpaper.jpg

Trevor B Harper] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/16032-solitaire/ said:
@Solitaire[/URL]
beautiful-village-home.jpg
From the top of the rise and through the flame coloured leaves of autumn, the sun dappled hamlet seems somewhat unassuming. The thin road that winds to and through it has seen very little traffic. From here, the green grass spreads across a slightly undulating landscape with mountains shrouded in heavy clouds framing this scene as a backdrop.

From this vantage point, you can see a clean, crisp lake to the left of the road. From here though, itโ€™s unsure if the water is home to fish or not. Just to the north of the lake is a large two story home with a larger barn just behind it. A well sits behind both buildings.

Tall evergreen trees grow across from the barn and home, hiding another large home that has a vegetable patch growing in a field to the south. Currently the vegetable patch seems vacant.

What will you do now? INVENTORY | WALK NORTH | WALK SOUTH | LOOK AROUND | WAIT

You chose: WALK NORTH.

As you travel down the road, you reach a fork, the right split seems to lead towards the right side home, while the other road passes by the other one. Where the road goes beyond here is a mystery to you, but right now, your grumbling stomach refuses to let you pass the sun dappled hamlet.

What will you do now? INVENTORY | WALK NORTH | WALK SOUTH | LOOK AROUND | WAIT

You chose: INVENTORY.

Your rucksack is looking a lot like Mother Hubbardโ€™s Cupboards. Bare. You have a match box, a half empty water bottle and a pocket knife.

What will you do now? INVENTORY | WALK LEFT | WALK RIGHT| WALK SOUTH | LOOK AROUND | WAIT

You chose: WALK RIGHT.

Your boots barely make a sound as you decide to go to the home on the right first, as it is closer. Perhaps you can do a task or two for the owners in return for a meal. A wooden fence surrounds the home and the gate is ajar, spiderwebs span the gap between the gate and the latch on the fence post. Apparently no one has been through here in some time.

Unperturbed, you find a stick and wave the sticky webs out of the way. Spiders and their homes give you nightmares, a shudder creeps along your spine at the mere thought. You step inside the yard and you swear it just got slightly darker, perhaps itโ€™s your imagination.

From here you can see the porch, the front of the house and the rather sparse front yard.

What will you do now? INVENTORY | WALK TO PORCH | WALK AROUND THE LEFT SIDE OF THE HOUSE | WALK AROUND THE RIGHT OF THE HOUSE | LOOK AROUND | WAIT | GO BACK TO THE INTERSECTION

You chose: WALK TO PORCH.

You make your way along the lightly cobbled pathway that leads to the stairs up to the porch. The front door is barred shut with two wooden boards nailed across it, one at the top and one at the bottom. Thereโ€™s a wire door, but itโ€™s barely hanging from the lower hinge.

There is an axe with a broken handle laying to the left.

: PICK UP AXE.

You take the broken axe from where it lays, the handle is both broken and dusty. It hasnโ€™t been used in quite some time. You put the axe into your INVENTORY.

What will you do now? INVENTORY | TRY TO OPEN DOOR | WALK EAST | WALK WEST | LOOK AROUND | WAIT

You chose: TRY TO OPEN DOOR.

You grab the doorknob and twist it, the handle rattles but the door refuses to budge.

: REMOVE BOARDS.

You canโ€™t pry them loose with your bare hands, no matter how hard to try.

: USE AXE ON BOARDS.

With the handle being broken, you canโ€™t swing it hard enough to do any damage

What will you do now? INVENTORY | WALK EAST | WALK EAST | LOOK AROUND | WAIT

You chose: WALK EAST.

You walk around the east side of the house, thereโ€™s a rusted swingset and slide here, as well as an overgrown sandbox. A small grey rabbit is startled by your presence and flees into the undergrowth. There is a another door on this side of the house and a tall tree that you might be able to climb and use to reach the second floor.

What will you do now? INVENTORY | WALK NORTH | INSPECT PLAYGROUND | CLIMB TREE | TRY TO OPEN DOOR | LOOK AROUND | WAIT

You chose: CLIMB TREE.

Try as you might, you canโ€™t get very far up the tree. The lower branches arenโ€™t strong enough to bear your weight.

What will you do now? INVENTORY | WALK NORTH | INSPECT PLAYGROUND | CLIMB TREE | TRY TO OPEN DOOR | LOOK AROUND | WAIT

You chose: INSPECT PLAYGROUND.

The playground has been long since abandoned, rust and plant life has taken over the metal skeleton. Thereโ€™s a small, abandoned childโ€™s toy on the ground. Itโ€™s only got one eye.

: PICK UP DOLL.

Why would you want a filthy, rotten doll?

What will you do now? INVENTORY | WALK NORTH | WALK SOUTH | INSPECT PLAYGROUND | CLIMB TREE | TRY TO OPEN DOOR | LOOK AROUND | WAIT

You chose: TRY TO OPEN DOOR.

This door is unlocked and swings open as you twist the handle and push. The hinges creak loudly and the sound echoes through the house. You step inside, dust puffs rising from the floorboards. Itโ€™s clear this home is empty. The door slams shut behind you.

What will you do now? INVENTORY | WALK NORTH | GO UPSTAIRS | GO EAST | GO WEST | LOOK AROUND | WAIT

You chose: LOOK AROUND.

Dust. All you can see in the gloom is dust. Thereโ€™s a hallway runner leading to a door at the end of the hall, and two doors leading west and east. A set of stairs leads to the second story.

You chose: WALK NORTH.

You approach the northenmost door, there are three empty pictureframes to the left of the door frame. They are all the same size.

: OPEN DOOR.

You open the door, which reveals a set of stairs leading down into the basement.

What will you do now? INVENTORY | GO DOWNSTAIRS | WALK SOUTH | LOOK AROUND | WAIT

You chose: GO DOWNSTAIRS.

As you descend the creaky stairs, it gets darker. The door slams shut behind you, itโ€™s now pitch black.

: LIGHT MATCH

You fumble in your backpack for the matchbox and strike a match. It snaps and goes out. It was your last match.

: TURN ON LIGHT

No matter how hard you look, you canโ€™t find a light switch. Something growls in the darkness.

You are eaten by a grue.

GAME OVER. YOU DIED. PLAY AGAIN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back