Opinion Thoughts of a Pro-Lifer

The House formed a committee to look into this. By federal law, abortion providers can (and do) sell tissues post-op to cover costs. The House Committee alleges that some do so for profit, furthermore the procurement agencies certainly profit, that's beside the fact that many "non-profits" in fact profit. Goodwill for example. The House's report should be below.

The investigation into this proved that there was no for-profit sale of fetal tissue by abortion providers. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but I suspect it's biased. Your own post uses the words "alleged", which means that it was not proven, and since the investigation was opened, no credible evidence has been found.

Quite frankly, I could not care less if the tissue was sold for profit or not. Women will have abortions no matter what, whether they sell the tissue or they do special burial practices. It is difficult, it is emotionally distressing, and I can guarantee no woman is having an abortion for the sole purpose of her abortion provider being able to profit off of the leftover tissue. I can also guarantee no abortion provider is providing abortions for the sole purpose of selling this tissue. Fetal tissue is not sold to some underground black market, it is sold to researchers in order to make scientific advancements, particularly with stem cell research, which could save so many lives in the future. The lives of already-born people with thoughts and feelings and experiences and self-awareness. If I were to have an abortion, I would wholeheartedly support the sale of the leftover tissue to a research organization so that some good can come out of what is probably one of the hardest and most stressful choices that a woman will ever have to make.

As a side note, I tried hard to find any source that supported that nuns bury fetuses in Vietnam and I could not find any, only stories of those who have taken it upon themselves to do so. Nothing that states that it is mandated or even common practice.

I don't really like children at all ... They're awkward, they smell weird, and they're needy. That doesn't mean I won't support people who have them by paying into services like free healthcare for babies and subsidies for single and young mothers. You don't help people by making their choices for them and stepping out when you don't agree, you help people by supporting them regardless of their choices, and hopefully they, in turn, support you.

EDIT: and after a moment to breathe, Rachael of the Shire Rachael of the Shire , I appreciate that there are circumstances under which you would accept that they are necessary. That one reason is why abortions can't be underfunded, or done away with ... Because if even one girl or woman NEEDS it, there should be someone who is accessible, capable, and willing to do so.

Last edited:
The investigation into this proved that there was no for-profit sale of fetal tissue by abortion providers. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but I suspect it's biased. Your own post uses the words "alleged", which means that it was not proven, and since the investigation was opened, no credible evidence has been found.

Quite frankly, I could not care less if the tissue was sold for profit or not. Women will have abortions no matter what, whether they sell the tissue or they do special burial practices. It is difficult, it is emotionally distressing, and I can guarantee no woman is having an abortion for the sole purpose of her abortion provider being able to profit off of the leftover tissue. I can also guarantee no abortion provider is providing abortions for the sole purpose of selling this tissue. Fetal tissue is not sold to some underground black market, it is sold to researchers in order to make scientific advancements, particularly with stem cell research, which could save so many lives in the future. The lives of already-born people with thoughts and feelings and experiences and self-awareness. If I were to have an abortion, I would wholeheartedly support the sale of the leftover tissue to a research organization so that some good can come out of what is probably one of the hardest and most stressful choices that a woman will ever have to make.

As a side note, I tried hard to find any source that supported that nuns bury fetuses in Vietnam and I could not find any, only stories of those who have taken it upon themselves to do so. Nothing that states that it is mandated or even common practice.
There are three entities listed in the report. The abortion provider, the marketer of the tissue, and the buyer (usually research firms). The marketer is not barred from profiting, merely the abortion provider is. I never said abortion providers necessarily profit, although it is likely that some do, from the selling of fetal organs but there are middleman companies that exist to profit from the traffic and sale of medical research supplies with one of those being the remnants of abortions. I said that there are organizations that do profit, and there certainly are. It stretches the lengths of the imagination that no one profits from this industry. Even Snopes, which is notoriously left-wing, gave the claim when it first surfaced a "mixed" rating. Of course they were talking specifically about the undercover tapes, which could or could not be entirely genuine. No way to really know for sure.

Bottom line, even if, we suppose, this entire industry exists to connect medical researchers with fetal tissue and somehow no one turns a profit, it's still ghoulish.

The Vietnamese nun story is an anecdote from a podcast I'm fond of. The point is that the United States has a uniquely inhuman abortion industry, at least among Western nations.

There are three entities listed in the report. The abortion provider, the marketer of the tissue, and the buyer (usually research firms). The marketer is not barred from profiting, merely the abortion provider is. I never said abortion providers necessarily profit, although it is likely that some do, from the selling of fetal organs but there are middleman companies that exist to profit from the traffic and sale of medical research supplies with one of those being the remnants of abortions. I said that there are organizations that do profit, and there certainly are. It stretches the lengths of the imagination that no one profits from this industry. Even Snopes, which is notoriously left-wing, gave the claim when it first surfaced a "mixed" rating. Of course they were talking specifically about the undercover tapes, which could or could not be entirely genuine. No way to really know for sure.

Bottom line, even if, we suppose, this entire industry exists to connect medical researchers with fetal tissue and somehow no one turns a profit, it's still ghoulish.

The Vietnamese nun story is an anecdote from a podcast I'm fond of. The point is that the United States has a uniquely inhuman abortion industry, at least among Western nations.

I don't see how you could view the US abortion industry as inhumane based off of what happens to the tissue after it is removed from the body.
When someone dies, their body can be donated to science and I promise that this process is no different from the donation of fetal tissue. Movement of funds is still necessary for this to take place and someone might profit or might not.
What is inhumane is the judgement we cast upon women who decide to have abortions, or the idea that women should not be able to have a say in whether or not they want to carry a growing fetus inside of their bodies for nine months.

I don't see how you could view the US abortion industry as inhumane based off of what happens to the tissue after it is removed from the body.
When someone dies, their body can be donated to science and I promise that this process is no different from the donation of fetal tissue. Movement of funds is still necessary for this to take place and someone might profit or might not.
What is inhumane is the judgement we cast upon women who decide to have abortions, or the idea that women should not be able to have a say in whether or not they want to carry a growing fetus inside of their bodies for nine months.
I don't think that women should be shamed for having abortions.

This. I struggle to see what the buryial or end of the fetal tissue has to do with the abortion argument at all, however...

in my view pro life only starts from birth folks not fertilization of the egg. There are countless times that the fetus can die either on its own naturally or by other incidents such as accidental falling down the stairs . Life is meant to be sacred and rape is bad (gotta say I’m neutral to incest because it’s the persons right to have sex as long as there is consent)

To add in contradiction that you should have abortions as not only it is your right to have it but also that you don’t want to have the baby at all as it was either an accident or rape .
Now here is the reason as why you should not have given birth and instead just abort. First of all there are economic issues that may not only risk your financial wealth but also the child’s health. Secondly the decision of not wanting to have a child either by choice or it was forced rape that made her pregnant. Thirdly HAVING A CHILD CAN KILL YOU! What’s a worse fate than not wanting to have a child by putting it up for adoption only to while giving birth you have cardiac arrest and dying on the hospital bed loosing your life to something you never wanted.

These are my valid reasons as of why you should instead just abort the fetus instead of potentially killing yourself in the process or even make a living hell for something you don’t want.

Last edited:
Of course they were talking specifically about the undercover tapes, which could or could not be entirely genuine. No way to really know for sure.

If you look it up, it was proven to be falsified by people running a crisis pregnanvy center (I think, either thst or it was an anti choice group, one of the two)

My issues with pro lifers isint the arguments they provide or disliking it, it's the old farts who are in charge of healthcare who restrict access of not only abortions, but birth control in general and clinics, it's the fact that if you ask them a simple question they will try to deflect it (will post question once this is done) because there is a right answer, it's the fact that they actually dont care about life cause the same guys who block abortions are the same guys who wont:

1: raise the minimum wage
2: try to make feminine products expensive
3: think birth control is frivolous and a waste of taxpayer dollars
4: wont help improve adoption centers and agencies and keep them underfunded

Anyways, the question is this: your in a clinic, there is a fire, and you enter a room to see a child about 3 years old give or take and a bunch of potentually viable embryos, about 5 thousand, you can save only one, choosing not to pick one kills all 3 of you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back