Thoughtful Semi-Literate Roleplays

TheHarlequinnCat

One Thousand Club
Hey there, friends. Long time, no roleplay? I am a private roleplayer, every public post I've tried to make has been a failure. While I love private roleplaying, I prefer groups that only have roughly 2-3 people at once. Anyways, so I'm back again seeking recruitment from RPers who are interested in a possibly darker- Or more intense and thoughtful roleplay. I want something that isn't just black and white, with multiple shades and tones underneath the story and a rich, intense plot that really does explore the depths of roleplaying. My problem on sites like these is always that I overwhelm people with these more elaborate twists and themes than they initially expected. I won't be able to reply every single day, and I don't expect my partner/s to! I have school, theater, and other things I have to do, just like everyone else. But I think we could make anything work!

Anyways, I'm interested in these ideas roughly...
:)

* A 'Fallen-Angel/Guardian-Angel' RP- This one has nearly taken off many times, but my partners both had to stop because of outside influences stressing them out too much to RP. With this it would be cool to go through that 'perfect' person falling from grace and being corrupt by sin, by intention or not, in order to save someone whose soul isn't pure in any way. I just... Think that'd be cool!

* A "Prison" RP, except there could be some circumstances that make this experience particularly bizarre. I mean, it'd be interesting if it was set in like the fifties or sixties- Or maybe, there is some testing facility hidden in the prison (like in the book- Shutter Island.)

* One of those more-mature and gripping RPs that involves city scenes, rehabilitation, and the true grittiness of human problems/darkness. To shake things up, it could be set in early 2001 or even the 1940s- Maybe revolving around the intertwined lives of broken souls. If you've ever seen the show Breaking Bad, or the movie Requiem for a Dream, I'm thinking something along the lines of that intensity and wild plot. Where you go back and reread it, regardless of how scary or painful it gets. (Those are two very different RPs, and those two things could lead a totally different idea for RPing!)

I can't particularly think right now, I'm rather tired. But if there's anything similar to the following fandoms/ideas inspired by it, I'd love to hear them. I could also do some fandom RPing, but I'm not keen on OCs or very fond of really bizarre !AUs.

-BBC Sherlock

-NBC Hannibal

-Breaking Bad

-Supernatural

-Scrubs

-The Avengers (I'd do a Superhero themed RP, as long as it was tastefully done)

Feel free to bring up any ideas you think I'd be interested in, or message me for more information if you're interested. ^_^

I'd be interested in doing the fallen angel or "more mature, gripping" RP with you. (I've never been able to keep a prison roleplay going and I haven't watched any of the t.v. shows you mentioned).

Although I'm a bit confused; are you looking for a 1x1 or a group?

Hullo, there, Cat.

I'm interested in doing all of the three interesting choices that you mentioned above, as well as the Avegers fandom. Send me a PM to discuss it?

I'd love to do the Fallen Angel / Guardian Angel roleplay with you.

It seems to be an interesting idea that can be molded to go in few different directions~

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested, but first I'd like to know....you see, while I do think that a roleplay needs to have a realistic sense to it, I prefer anime-style rps. (As far as the characters go anyway, its just easier for me to visualize them better.)

What I want to know is, are you strictly looking for someone who does more realistic roleplays? Because I think I may have an interesting idea that could tie into your 'Fallen Angel/Guardian Angel' roleplay, but I also have some ideas that are entirely different.

I don't know if you'd be interested, but here's one of the 'entirely different ideas' I mentioned (also the title is a little bit misleading, forewarning xD ):

Apocalypse Academy:

Survival of the Fittest

Basically, there are two worlds- the human world and the demon world. The demon world exists much like a parallel universe does; as in, it occupies the same place as the human world but never interacts with it (they share the same cities, towns, and certain technological advances, but to the demons its like humans don't exist and vice versa). However, some legends speak of days long ago, when the veil between the worlds became so thin that humans could go into the demon world, and vice versa.....

But, for now, let's focus on the present.

Currently, the demon world is in a state of apocalypse. There are no governments, banks, or even any military. The world population has decreased to a minimum, and that in itself is constantly at risk. Those who are left are being forced to fight for survival, slowly losing their own concepts of morality and decency. What could have possibly caused the single-handed destruction of the once-powerful beings known as demons, you ask?

Stabbers.

Demons infected by a disease currently only known as 'The Plague', Stabbers are beings that have an overwhelming instinct simply to...well, stab any living creature they can possibly find. Having lost any sense of their past self, (besides targeting their loved ones first for whatever reason), Stabbers would normally be little more than a trifle to deal with. That is....if they could die. No one knows how to kill a Stabber. They seem immortal and normal methods of extermination seem to have no effect on them.

The demons now have a saying- "There is nothing worse than a Stabber chasing you, except a Stabber that is chasing you while on fire."

Even cutting off their heads doesn't seem to work. Now, for a few young demons, their only sanctuary seems to be a place they have dubbed 'Apocalypse Academy'. Apocalypse Academy used to be a rehabilitation center for extreme juveniles, young demons that broke the law before the age of 18. It was one of the few places that were designed to hold the most dangerous of criminals, despite their ages. Nowadays however, it is home to what may be the only survivors on the planet....

Ah, but our story is not entirely about the demons.

In the human world, Halloween is in full swing. People are out trick-or-treating, partying, and pulling pranks. Such as it were for a small group of humans, who all took a dare to enter a seemingly-abandoned house (or some other such place). However, no one could possibly have foretold that they would somehow be transported to the demon world because they took a simple dare!

What will the humans do? Can they and the demons survive? Can they even get along?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaaaannnddd that's all I've got of it, really. Sorry it's so long, I hope you like it!

I am very much interested in the first idea and the third idea. I've heard of Requiem for a Dream and I understand what you are getting at with that idea and I'd love to do one with you. It'd be amazing I gather. So I'd be happy to oblige.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back