• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

THIS. SHIT.

There are letters missing on the slide title things!

Last edited by a moderator:
e037db51acbcec247be9a10324c8ad2a.png

So, this is what I see. All the accordions have "WIP" under them. Can you be more specific as to what is missing? (:

Lucian Coronet (WIP)
342524.jpg

Basic Info
WIP
Details
WIP
Relationships
WIP
Additional Info
WIP

This is what I see!​

Well, I still don't see what's wrong. Everything looks complete and correct here on my end.

Try clearing your cache and cookies. (: Sometimes, old stuff gets clogged in there and makes things appear strange.

Once this bug thing gets sorted out, I'd like to compliment you on the CS coding/structure. It looks very clean, and is very appealing to the eye. A lot of coding CS's fall into the trap of being hard to navigate, but yours looks pretty good.

See "Basic Info"? the s in Basic and the nfo in Info are missing.

"Details" is missing "et" and "s".

"Relationships" is missing "e", "t", "sh", and "s".

Additional Information is missing almost everything.

Gilzar said:
Once this bug thing gets sorted out, I'd like to compliment you on the CS coding/structure. It looks very clean, and is very appealing to the eye. A lot of coding CS's fall into the trap of being hard to navigate, but yours looks pretty good.
I ripped it off of the host of the roleplay I'm in, but thanks.

Mordecai said:
Try clearing your cache and cookies.
i don't know how to do that, and don't try explaining it to me. I have one of the weirdest operating systems in existence.

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]i don't know how to do that, and don't try explaining it to me. I have one of the weirdest operating systems in existence.

[/QUOTE]
May I ask what kind of operating system it is? Mac, Windows? Linux?

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Nevermind, it magically got better. All that cursing for nothing...

[/QUOTE]
Your computer may not have supported the font being used. How I changed it on here was deleting the font code and retyping the values like "Details" for example.

Gilzar said:
May I ask what kind of operating system it is? Mac, Windows? Linux?
Ubuntu. I think it runs off of Linux. But I'm not a nerd, so I can't navigate it very easily.

Mordecai said:
Your computer may not have supported the font being used. How I changed it on here was deleting the font code and retyping the values like "Details" for example.
My computer doesn't support shit, it seems. Thank you, though.

When you say you ripped off the host's coding, how exactly did you do this? Did they give you the raw coding or did you retrieve it yourself? I looked at their coding and there are buckets of mistakes that could translate into a sloppy coding job if you're using the rich text editor.

This is something that frequently happens to me. For a little while when the Google fonts were first introduced here, people were having a problem where some letters I'm their text would be the correct font, then the rest would default to... Arial, I think. Either way, that problem seemed to have fixed itself for fonts, at least for me, until now when I see someone trying to use a special font for the accordion code. Those letters that would have defaulted to Arial just never show up for me.

Honestly, I don't really know what causes this problem (maybe my computer doesn't fully support the fonts, maybe I do just need to clear my cookies/cache, which is something that you can Google how to do for whatever browser you're using), but know that it isn't a coding problem on your part. It's something to do with your computer. If none of what the people above have been advising works, then my advice would be to stick with just the default fonts that are in the site for the accordion code if you really want to see all the letters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back